Devil Mine Pt. 03

Story Info
Balthazar is back but it's not exactly a happy reunion.
6.7k words
4.76
5.1k
14

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 07/08/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note about content: This chapter does contain mind control. It is used purely for non violent sexual reasons. Please do not continue reading if this is an issue for you.

*************

Her warmth was seductive. Balthazar tightened his arm around her chest, letting it sink into his chest. His head fell forward and he buried his nose in her hair taking in the jasmine scented shampoo she'd used earlier in the day. He ignored the whiffs of spicy cologne he recognized. After a minute she relaxed against his body. Under his arm the pounding of her heart settled, slowly falling into a rhythm closer to normal.

"Em," he said softly.

Her response was a string of muffled words from behind his hand. He pulled it away but didn't release his arm from her chest.

"First of all, who I do or don't see is none of your business. And second, how the hell do you keep getting into my apartment?" Her heart rate had picked up speed as she spoke.

"You should—"

"Why? Because he's probably going to misrepresent himself so he can get in my pants? You'd know all about that wouldn't you?" She yanked against his hand.

"I'm sorry, I was called away unexpectedly."

"How convenient," she huffed. "Did you forget how to use a phone?"

"I wasn't able to call from where I was." He chose not to mention that he had been trying to protect her identity. She'd find out about that soon enough now that Crimson had found her.

"Oh please. That's probably on page one of the douche bags guide to getting laid." She felt his lips press against the back of her head.

"You deserve better than what I gave you."

"It wasn't like I was expecting a proposal or anything but to have you just disappear..." She took a breath and turned her head to look over her shoulder. "Is everything okay?" His lips twisted in a frown.

"Things are still unsettled but I didn't want to stay away any longer."

"Why?'

"I was concerned about you. As it turns out, I had reason to be."

"You mean Crimson?" She shook her head. "My boss made me dance for him. That's it," she lied. There was no point trying to explain what had happened earlier. She still did understand it herself. He shifted behind her.

"No, he was looking for you."

"What? Why would he be looking for me?"

"Because of me." He let go of her then. She turned around to look at him.

"I'm going to need a little more than that."

"It's better if you don't know the specifics." She frowned. He stepped closer, crowding her against the door, drawn forward by memories of her lips under his.

"How is it better?"

"Safer." His hands reached for her head while his dipped closer. "He's dangerous. Trust me."

"I barely know you," she whispered. His lips brushed hers gently. "How am I supposed to trust you?" Their lips met, cutting off what ever else she might have said. She let him kiss her softly, even swayed towards him for a moment, then her hands connected with his chest, slid up slowly and pushed. He lifted his head with a sigh. "You should go."

"Em—" He stepped back.

"You took off for weeks without so much as a text and then when you come back you break into my apartment again, to tell me to stay away from another guy." She threw her hands up. "But, you won't tell me why. I'm just supposed to trust you. For all I know you're the bad guy." Her head tilted to the side.

"I realize this must seem strange but—"

"Go home Balthazar." She slipped past him. "I've had a long day. I just want to take a shower and go to bed." He looked at her for a moment then reached for the door knob.

"Fine." He opened the door. "Can you do something for me?"

"What?" She jammed her hands on her hips.

"Don't tell anyone I'm back."

"Why?"

"It's safer for you if Crimson thinks I'm not here."

"Does he know you?" His head dipped in a single nod. "Well he hasn't asked about you once."

"If he does?"

"Fine. I won't say anything." Her hand lifted and she pointed a finger a him. "But I want an explanation at some point." He smiled. "Soon."

"Good night Em." He stepped into the hallway, closed the door, and waited for the click of the lock before moving to the stairs. He smiled at the sound of her growl of frustration as she stormed off to the bathroom.

When he arrived at his door he looked it over for signs that someone had broken in. There were none, not that he had expected to find any. Crimson might be a devious bastard but he was a consummate professional.

Though the blackout drapes he'd installed after he moved in ensured most light wouldn't escape the windows, he kept all but one of the lights off as he looked around the apartment. The search was as fruitless as he expected. He went to shower and change. After being so intent on getting back to Emmeline once he'd discovered that Crimson had left the compound, it was the first chance he'd had to relax in days.

From what he'd seen Em was unharmed. He hadn't spotted any obvious wounds that she'd been covering up. He frowned. Crimson would have been smart enough to heal her anyway. He would just have to keep an eye on her while trying to convince her to steer clear of his adversary. Keeping her safe while not scaring the hell out of her was not going to be easy.

*************

Em took her time in the shower, going over the evenings events while she absentmindedly washed away both Crimson's and Balthazar's touch. Nothing that had happened recently made any sense. Her mind was filled with questions.

Who is Crimson? Why is he so interested in me? How does he know Balthazar?

Once she was rinsed off she wrapped herself in a towel and went to her room to slip into some shorts and a loose t shirt. It was still very warm in the apartment in spite of the late hour. She went to the windows and flung them open in hopes of catching a breeze in the still humid night air.

It was too warm to sleep so she went to the kitchen, cut up an apple and took it out to the fire escape. Her eyes scanned the street, she didn't see any strange cars and it was a quiet street so there was no traffic. She settled on a metal step with a little sigh and took a bite of apple, chewing thoughtfully looking up at the landing above her.

Why won't you tell me anything?

She looked back at the street but nothing had moved. At least nothing that she could see. Across the street and one building over a shadow inched towards the edge of the roof to get a better look at her.

She was beautiful in the moonlight, relaxed and uninhibited. Her long dark hair draped over her shoulders. As it watched she gathered up the damp strands, twisted them and let it fall to one side of her neck in a loose rope.

It's eyes flicked up to the windows above her. To the real reason why it was there. They were still dark. It cocked it's head.

Surely he would come back for her.

Balthazar was known to have an odd sense of honor when it came to humans. It was clear he didn't view them the same way as the rest of them, he even refused to turn them when it was required.

The shadow shifted as Em stood to go inside.

"Sweet dreams Emmeline," it whispered as she stepped through the window. It slid back into darker shadows then turned and disappeared.

***********

Balthazar slipped into her apartment an hour later. He told himself he was just going to stay in the living room and let her sleep in peace. He was there to watch over her, nothing more. That lasted for about ten minutes after he sat down.

He crept through the darkness to the doorway and leaned against it. Em was lying on top of the sheet in the heat. The t shirt had ridden up to her breasts, leaving her stomach bare. As he watched one of her legs bent and slid to the side, her toes pointed for a moment. She murmured something, her hands flexed against the sheets and then gripped it. He stepped closer as her legs opened farther and her chest lifted. She was having a naughty dream and not for the first in his life, he wished he had the same abilities as the line Crimson came from so he could see what was happening in her mind.

He moved closer as her hands slid up her stomach pushing the t shirt up. Her back arched again as her fingers grazed her nipples. She bit her lip as her palms rubbed them gently. His loins tightened as she cupped them, holding them for her dream lover, offering them to imaginary lips to taste. Her hips tilted restlessly, as if she was rubbing herself against a phantom body.

He stepped closer again, remembering the feeling of her body moving against his. His shaft throbbed with need as she moaned softly. Her hands released her breasts and slid down to her shorts, pushing them lower. He stopped moving and tried to tear his eyes away from the soft skin she revealed. But he couldn't. The fabric moved down slowly, her hips lifted to ease it's removal.

He squatted down next to the bed. Her legs bent, pulled up and open as much as the shorts caught on her thighs would allow. He took a deep breath as the sweet scent of her arousal wafted up to him. He couldn't take his eyes off her hands as they slid between her legs. She moaned as her fingers caressed her skin. He inched closer taking in the sultry vision. His hand reached up and eased her shorts up over her knees. Her legs fell open once they were freed.

He shifted closer, watching her fingers smooth her lips. He told himself to get up and leave but he was frozen in place. She shifted under her touch, her hips tilted enticingly. He took a breath knowing he was about to lose the battle with his conscience. It was impossible to walk away when he knew what she tasted like, what she felt like. He'd thought about it often while he'd been away. Even the danger lurking so close to them wasn't enough to pull himself away from her.

She moaned louder, her fingers had slid between her lips to rub her little hot button. He stood slowly and eased onto the bed, lifting her foot and taking the shorts the rest of the way off. She sighed softly as he moved her legs farther apart and settled close to her heat. His tongue traced her skin lightly. Her fingers slid out of the way in response. Her breath caught as he flattened his tongue, spreading her lips open, and lapped at her clit.

He lost himself in her scent, her taste, the feel of her hips tilting and bucking under his lips. His hands slid along her sides caressing her curves. She moaned as his tongue worked her flesh.

She arched against the mattress. "Balthazar." It came out in a breathy little moan. His eyebrows lifted. He'd been half expecting to hear her whisper Crimson's name. "Please," she murmured. Her hands reached for his shoulders. "I need you." He stayed where he was for a few more minutes before giving in to her pleas. Her eyes were still closed when he crawled over her.

"Em," he said softly. She smiled slightly. Her hands had slid down to his hips and she tugged at him a few times. "We can't do this."

"Don't you want me?" She pulled again, lifting her hips to rub herself against him.

"God yes," he groaned.

"Then you should take me," she moaned.

"Jesus woman." His hips settled into her. She lifted hers again. His lips captured hers and he didn't move to stop her as her hands slid under the waistband of his pajama bottoms, easing them over the curve of his muscled ass.

"I want you too," she whispered when he had dragged his lips away.

"Em, you're dreaming."

"What do you mean?" Her hand slid down the front on his pants. He groaned as her warm fingers wrapped around his shaft.

"You're not awake." His lips caressed her jaw.

"Sure I am." Her face tightened into a frown.

"No, you're not." He tucked his face into her neck, his lips pressed against her skin. Her fingers stroked his length, her legs closed against his hips. Her head lifted, she kissed his shoulder, then bit him lightly. He smiled. "Em." His voice was muffled. "You have to wake up." Her hand moved again, smoothing his hardness. He lifted his head to look down at her. "Em," he said loudly. Her eyelids fluttered and her hand froze. She took a shaky breath.

"Balthazar?"

"Uh huh." His lips curved slightly.

"Did you break into my apartment again?" Her eyes opened a little more. Her fingers squeezed. He sucked in a breath. "And get into bed with me?"

"Yep."

She sighed softly. "But you woke me before...?"

"You could finish seducing me. Yes." She snorted quietly.

"I'm seducing you?" She stared up at him. He grinned at her. His hips shifted, thrusting his shaft along her grip. "Does that mean you're going to let me?" He didn't answer. Instead he reached down and pulled his bottoms down in the front, freeing his shaft for her. She lifted her hips and rubbed herself against him, pushing the tip of his hardness between her lips. He groaned as she tilted those curvy hips to ease him inside, then he pushed forward letting her warmth envelope him. With little thrusts of his hips he filled her, smiling at the slight catch in her breath, the pull of her hands on his ass. Once he was completely inside she tucked her face into his neck with a little moan. "We're going to talk later right?" He didn't answer. Instead his hips drew back and he started to move, taking her into the ether of ecstasy as he'd done before.

**********

Of course he was gone when she woke up in the morning. She rolled onto her back and glared up at the ceiling.

"Chicken," she muttered. With one last look at the uneven white surface she rolled back onto her side and pushed herself up. She stood, padded out the kitchen to brew herself some coffee and get her day started.

The day passed without any word from Balthazar. Em kept herself busy to avoid giving in to the temptation of calling him. It helped that she was still trying to understand just what was going on. No matter how she tried to fit the pieces together the puzzle just wouldn't come together. She needed more information. It looked like Balthazar was sticking to his idea that she was safer not knowing the whole story. That didn't track for her. But if he wasn't going to explain, that left her with only one other option. Try to get it out of Crimson.

She took the note out of her purse and studied it. It was Sunday so she'd have to wait another day. She tucked it away with a little sigh, grabbed her laundry basket and headed for the door. She decided to give Balthazar one more day to come down and talk to her before deciding.

By the time she'd crawled into bed that night there still hadn't been any word from him though. Her pillow got a punch as she tossed and turned. It took a while for her to fall asleep that night.

****************

The key card sat in her purse all day Monday, waiting for her to pull it out and make the decision to go get some answers. Dusk had fallen during class, if she left as soon as she locked up she could make it downtown just as the sun set completely.

Bastion will be so proud of you.

A little snort of laughter escaped her as she turned the key in the lock. She pulled out her phone to text him on her way to the train station.

Hey good looking. I won't be in tonight. I'll tell you about it tomorrow.

It took a few minutes for him to respond.

Are you okay?

I'm fine. Just going to see someone. If you don't hear from me tomorrow send the police to the Regency Downtown. Room 1021.

Okay. Be safe my girl. And have fun. I want details tomorrow.

It's just a conversation you bad influence.

Sure it is. Tell Crimson I said hey lol

Brat!

She tossed her phone in her bag with a laugh. Crimson had made it very clear that he wanted more than just a casual chat with her but if she was determined she might be able to hold him off long enough to have an actual conversation and maybe get some information. Was Balthazar actually trying to protect her from Crimson or was it the other way around? And just what exactly were they supposedly trying to protect her from?

And the most baffling question of all, why wasn't she running away from both of them?

*********************

She was grabbed and shoved against the wall as soon as she slipped into the room.

"Crimson," she whispered. "It's me." The hold on her neck eased slightly. "I want to talk."

"I didn't give you a key because I want to talk." His breath tickled her neck.

"I just got here. Can you slow down for a minute?"

He sucked in a breath. "But you smell so..." his fingers tightened for a moment. "Delicious."

"I'm pretty sure I smell gross after dancing for three hours."

"I like it." His lips pressed against her skin. "Mmmm salty. Like the ocean." His hand relaxed a little more. "Did you really come here just to talk?"

"I thought so."

"And you've changed your mind?" She could feel his smile against her neck.

"Maybe? I don't know."

"Take your clothes off." His breath caressed her ear. "We'll finish what we started at the club."

"You're nuts."

He laughed softly. "Perhaps. But I'll bet you're soaking wet right now." She groaned as his chest pressed her against the wall.

"Can you answer one question for me?"

"Will my answer convince you out of your pants?" Her laugh was cut short by the look in his eyes. She nodded as much as she could with his hand still holding her by the throat. "Then ask." He smiled.

"You're not human are you?"

"What makes you think that?"

"Because every night since we met I've been dreaming about you." She waved her hands at her sides. There was a small flash of something in his eyes that she couldn't quite understand. It was gone before she could identify it. Replaced by his ever present smirk.

"Perhaps you just find me that attractive." He licked her lips gently.

"No. It's more than that." She answered truthfully. He released her then and took a step back to look at her. "Have you done something to me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He winked and took another step back pushing the pajama bottoms he was wearing down letting them pool at his feet and then stepping out of them. She couldn't stop herself from looking him over. He was fucking magnificent.

All she could do was stare. He was heavily muscled and just as well endowed as she'd imagined. His erection jutted straight out from his body, thick and ready. He turned and walked to the mini bar, pulled out a little bottle, cracked it open and poured it into a glass.

"Did you really need to take your pajama's off for that?" She couldn't help but laugh. He chugged the drink down in two large swallows, closing his eyes in satisfaction. The glass clinked heavily as he set it down and turned back to her.

"No, but it makes this next part easier."

"What's the next part?"

"Take off your pants." She sputtered which turned into a laugh that ended abruptly when he appeared in front of her again.

Fuck he's fast.

She blinked hard. "I just walked through the door," she said.

"Fine. A little game then?"

"Right. Like I'd trust you to play fair." He grabbed her and turned her to face the wall.

"It's simple." His hands pushed her shorts down. "If you are wet for me you have to take me."

"And how do you know if it's for you?" She panted. His fingers eased between her thighs targeting her slit.

"You find me attractive. Give in to your desires." She gasped as his fingers slid between her lips easily. "Admit you want me."

"So what if I do. That doesn't mean anything."

"I'm not asking you to marry me." His voice growled in her ear. "You're very wet Em."

"So what Crimson." Her nails scratched the wall.

"Say yes and I'll give you a night you'll never forget." His free hand tugged her ponytail.

"Jesus. You are a walking cliche." She shivered under his lips as he leaned close and brushed them against her cheek.

"You're determined to make me work for it huh?"

"Were you expecting me to walk in here and hop on for a ride?" His head tilted back and he laughed. "I'm not a whore."

12