Devils and Butterflys Ch. 07

Story Info
Esme is taken by alistair and she meets william.
3.7k words
4.72
5.1k
2

Part 7 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/24/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I have made the effort to make this chapter longer and will aim to do so with every chapter from now on, i didn't mean to make them so short so i apologise for that :) Also in answer to a previous comment the nickname mee mee is not an abbreviation to the name esme, it's just a childhood nickname of which clara always called her. Thanks for your feedback lovely people hope you enjoy.

*****

Two weeks had passed since esme had been in alistair's company. He stared fiercely at the letter he had received that morning, that was now ripped up and burning in the fire. He had been so persevering. So patient. She couldn't unlock any feelings buried within her if she refused to fucking accept the truth, or even see him so he could show her. Prove to her. He violently threw his whiskey glass, shattering it against the fireplace into a thousand pieces. Molly hurriedly rushed in and began carefully cleaning up the broken shards.

"Molly. I did not call you in so please refrain from entering my study unless i ask for you!!" Alistair's voice bellowed.

Molly looked up at him wide eyed. His normally jade green eyes were now raven black and full of loathing. They seemed to bore right through her and she froze in fear unable to move. She had seen him this way before but it was quite rare. She was of course aware that he and his brother were not human, but she had been treated quite well over the years that she was able to ignore this fact.

"Get. Out." He hissed in a dark voice.

Molly scrambled up from her knees and ran from the room. She darted down the long corridor before slowing down as she approached william. She tried to catch her breath and remain composed.

"Master William i'm afraid your brother has become undone. I apologise if i speak out of turn, but i fear it's regarding all this difficulty with the girl."

William narrowed his eyes at her. He was never very fond of molly. Or any other maids alistair had hired over the years. He found them to be irritating and self important.

"Well yes molly you are speaking out of turn, but it doesn't surprise me that you indeed assume you know the situation that my brother finds himself in."

He approached her cornering her until he was standing inches away from her face. His eyes forcefully engaged with hers and she instantly felt a tightening sensation around her throat.

"You will do well, to keep to what your payed for, and mind your own business. What happens in this house unless it's a mess, does not concern you. Your pathetic existence is acutely easy to replace, and won't be missed. Do i make myself clear?"

Molly let out a small squeak and nodded. He smiled coldly and walked away leaving her to splutter and hold her neck.

Alistair's head snapped up as william entered the room, his eyes were like two large black holes. They appeared empty and completely void of any emotion. William took out two new whiskey glasses from the drinks cabinet and sat close to his brother. He poured them both a drink and remained quiet, waiting for alistair to speak.

"Esme has taken out a restraining order against me. The fucking letter came this morning stating if i go near her or try to contact her i could face prison. She told the police i've been harassing her." Alistair's eyes flashed with anger.

William sighed.

"Why are you allowing some pitiful human rules that clearly don't apply to us divert you from your goal. If she wants to play hard to get, i'm sure you can play the same game harder."

Alistair slammed his fist down in frustration.

"No! She is not a fucking goal william! She is not one of your bitches that i've been playing the long game with." He paused taking a deep breath.

"How could i have been so obtuse to think she would just fall into my arms!"

William thought about alistair's words. No matter how hard alistair tried to sugar coat the situation, they both knew deep down that alistair would have to do things the hard way.

"Your showing." William stated flatly.

Alistair turned away to look out the window, he watched as the wind softly caressed the flowers that coloured the garden.He tried to pacify his raging emotions. He had learnt many lifetimes of lessons and self control had been one of them, he didn't lose his cool head easily. William however was definitely the more turbulent between the two.

He suddenly focused on his reflection, that no longer fully resembled a human being. His skin was a deathly white, which made his large black eyes stand out even more. His lips were black and inside his mouth, were a full set of dagger sharp teeth that resembled large shards of glass, that would shred through anything with complete ease. He looked down at his hands which now resembled long bony fingers and dark black claws. He confounded himself for losing his front, he closed his eyes and began to take deep breaths to dissolve the storm in his mind.

William stood up to pour himself another drink.

"Well, she quite clearly isn't going to accept what you've told her, the way i look at it, there's only one way you're going to make her see the truth. And that's by force."

A small sadistic smile formed on william's lips.

As much as alistair didn't care to admit it to his brother, he knew that he was right. There was no other way now.

"I know. I know what i have to do. Inform molly to prepare one of the bedrooms for her, i want satin sheets putting on the bed and a warm bath ran, as much as i would like to spend the night next to her i doubt she will want me anywhere near her tonight."

Alistair's gaze grew anxious as he prepared to leave. This wasn't what he wanted to do but esme wasn't going to listen any other way. William's eyes grew dark as he watched alistair approach his car.

"Well big brother looks like my plans to go out this evening have been cancelled. I wouldn't miss this for the world."

He laughed evilly as alistair left.

Esme stepped out the shower wrapping a fluffy white towel round herself. Her wet hair hung down her back as she gently pulled a brush through it, thoughts of alistair receiving the letter this morning entered her head. She felt much safer for doing it. She could fully move on now knowing he could never contact her again. She began drying herself off, before pulling on a pair of deep blue silk pajamas, a strap top and matching shorts. She stood in front of her mirror and reached for her moisturiser before something caught her eye at her window.

She paused before walking over and shutting her curtains, as she did a strong feeling of being watched came over her. She became afraid to look behind her. Her breathing became faster and she slowly turned round to find nothing but her own reflection in the mirror opposite her looking back.

She shuck her head and laughed at herself for being silly. She quickly applied the moisturiser to her face before brushing her teeth and climbing into bed. She flicked the lamp on next to her and opened her laptop, she began browsing the internet for fabrics to make clara's wedding dress. It had to be perfect, clara deserved the best wedding dress that was ever made, esme just hoped she was good enough for the job. Esme remembered back to when they were young, of how they would sit together for hours dreaming of each others wedding day and the type of man they would both marry. But now it was a constant wonder if she would ever get married at all. Riley was exactly the type of man clara always envisioned marrying as a child. Esme smiled, she was deeply happy for her best friend. A loud noise outside her window suddenly made esme jump and this time she got up to look outside. She pulled her curtains back and looked out onto her front lawn.

What esme saw made her scream. A strange dark figure hovered in her garden, staring back up at her with a twisted grin and large coal black eyes. She fell back in fear and remained still. A strange noise filled her ears and to her terror the being flew up to her window, it tilted its head to the side and bared its teeth in an sadistic grin. Esme's mouth hung open and her heart felt like it had stopped. She didn't dare move, her eyes remained fixed with the creatures. Its large extensive onyx wings spread breathtakingly either side of the creature. She heard a soft familiar voice call her name in her mind. She found the courage to turn and crawl towards her bathroom, slamming the door and locking it she sat against the door her heart pounding. She held her breath listening. To her horror, she heard the floorboards creak outside her bedroom door. She quickly crawled away from the door and sat with her knees under her chin facing it, her eyes wide with terror. She was petrified, she was certain whatever or whoever was on the other side of her bedroom door was going to kill her.

She suddenly thought of her phone and calling for help, when it dawned on her that she had left it on charge downstairs. She hit the floor in frustration as tears pricked her eyes. Without warning her bedroom door gradually opened and she again held her breath praying for her mother and father to protect her.

"Esme, i know you're in here darling, you can either come out willingly or i will come for you. Your choice."

Esme heart felt like it had stopped beating. Her throat grew incredibly dry and her lungs ached from holding her breath. She recognised his voice instantly. It wasn't a voice she would have forgotten easily. Although this time there was a chilling edge to it. The being outside her window and now in her room was alistair, everything he had said to her came flooding back almost drowning her. She had thought he was crazy when he told her he was a demon. But the figure she had just seen was most definitely not human. That much she knew. The figure hadn't even been stood on the ground, it had wings, and the eyes. Those eyes were no way human. They were soul-less and malevolent, they were the most evil eyes she had ever seen.

A knock on the door caused her to shriek.

"Leave me alone!!" Tears ran down her face and she felt physically sick with fear.

"Esme i'm not leaving this house without you. Let me in, or i will break the door down and take you anyway."

Esme squeezed herself into a corner wrapping her arms around herself. She buried her head into her chest and sobbed. Alistair couldn't listen to her cries anymore and he caused the door to fly off its hinges. Esme's head snapped up and she screamed at the top of her lungs. Her high pitched scream pierced alistair's ears as he walked towards her.

"NO! NO! PLEASE! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!"

Her cries fell on deaf ears as alistar reached for her. He had taken on his human form before entering the bathroom to try to make it less traumatic for her. He had shown her a glimpse of his true form outside though on purpose, she had to know he wasn't bluffing about being a demon. He took hold of her as she lost consciousness in his arms. He looked down at her. Her eyes and cheeks were soaked with tears, and her body was freezing. He stood still in her bathroom for a few minutes admiring her beauty. She was the most exquisitely beautiful creature he had ever seen in all his years alive. He had seen well over a million women in his time, there was no number large enough for the amount he had been with, but esme was the most breathtaking of them all. She was stunning, and she was his. He had waited so long for her. He gently wiped her tears from her cheeks and kissed her forehead. She smelt absolutely amazing, he nuzzled her hair breathing in her scent. He got an incredible high that left him feeling glorious. He admired her angelic form one more time before finally leaving.

He arrived back at his home with her, she was still unconscious so he tenderly laid her down on a sofa in the first living room and called molly in. She hurried in closely followed by william.

"Yes master alistair, i have completed the tasks you asked of me is there anything else i can do for you."

"Yes please molly, can you prepare esme a hot chocolate please and bring me a blanket."

Molly nodded and left. William remained in the doorway.

"I take it by the strong smell of fear she didn't come quietly."

Alistair sighed watching her with concern.

"No. No she didnt. She's lost consciousness poor girl. I'd rather be here when she comes round rather than putting her a strange room alone."

William nodded and walked round to stand next to alistair. His eyes fell on esme. The feeling that came over william was enough for him to freak out and leave the room. Alistair caught sight of his brothers face as he went to leave.

"William?"

"I'm fine, i've gotta go."

William vanished from the room before alistair could ask anymore. He disappeared to his room and ran both hands through his hair. He couldn't explain what had just happened. As soon as his eyes fell on her it was like fireworks went off in his chest. He felt an uncontrollable desire to be near her and protect her. He suddenly ran to the toilet to throw up. The new feelings seemed to wrap round his chest and stomach making him sick. He finally stopped and flushed the chain. He leant over the sink and shook his head. This can't be happening. This isn't possible. This isn't my destiny. What the fuck is happening to me! He became angry with his thoughts and mentally flung a chair across the room, this didn't satisfy his anger and he began to destroy the room.

Eventually he stopped and leant against the wall, his breathing heavy. The urge to be near esme was growing stronger and he couldnt deny what was happening, what had already happened from the moment he saw her. He was the younger one. This shouldn't have happened to him. It was only supposed to happen to the firstborns of the royal family. But william knew of this happening in the past. It was rare, but it could happen. And it had. William and alistair had both mated with the same girl, and eventually at some point she would have to choose one of them, and the other would live a life loving and physically needing a women he could never ever have, with no chance of ever falling for anyone else. William felt the urge to be sick again but held it as he heard molly approaching. He gritted his teeth.

She opened the door and gasped. Everything around william was not only broken but destroyed beyond any repair. His eyes were a foggy white and the atmosphere in the room was a dark one, full of anger and confusion.

"What the fuck do you want." William spat viciously.

Molly paused looking nervous.

"Your brother asked me to check on you master William." She kept her head down, not daring to meet his eyes.

"I'm a big boy i dont fucking need checking up on. I'm in no mood molly so i suggest you leave. Now."

She didn't hesitate or argue and left.

William couldn't fight it anymore, he had to check on esme. He teleported from one room to the next catching up with molly, appearing in front of her.

"My room needs sorting molly go see it to it please. Dispose of all the broken furniture in the garden and i'll see to it from there."

William took a deep breath and walked into the first living room to see alistair sat next to esme stroking her hair. Her beauty struck him harshly as it had alistair it was overwhelming. His throat felt tight and the anger again bubbled inside him. He felt as though any control was slipping out his hands, his future was now unstable and no doubt going to painful in one way or another. He would either not have her or risk losing his brother. A war waged on in his mind and all he could do was stand and watch her, as the new feelings ran through his body. He endured them silently and convincingly. She started to stir and william for the first time in his entire life felt nervous. Alistair sat back slightly and looked anxious. She slowly opened her eyes and rubbed them looking sleepy, she began to sit up slowly and tried to focus. As her eyes focused, her eyes landed on alistair and then the realisation hit her, she was no longer at home. She stared at him saying nothing. The memories gradually reminded her of what happened and she began panicking and went to run. Her body was still weak and she fell into alistair, he tried to hold her but she pushed him away and began sobbing again.

William had seen and had been the cause of countless women and even men crying over the years. It had never awoke any emotion in him. He severely lacked sympathy and empathy. After all they were human emotions. But as he watched esme cry so vulnerably, he felt a deep sadness that would only go away when she herself was happy. He clenched his fists and turned away as the urge to hold her became almost unbearable. He wanted to to make her happy so badly it was almost tearing him apart. He leant over the table and closed his eyes. Alistair began shushing her with an equally pained look on his face.

"Shhhhhhh darling don't cry. It's alright everythings going to be ok, you're safe no one is going to hurt you. I'm so sorry i had to bring you here by force. I-"

"Was it you?" She interrupted suddenly meeting his eyes.

He held her glare.

"Was it you in my garden?"

Alistair watched her for a few seconds judging her state of mind before answering.

"Yes esme it was. I had to show you that everything i told you two weeks ago was the truth. I couldn't see any other way than my actions tonight to show you that i was truthful."

Esme nodded slowly and hung her head as fresh tears fell down her cheeks. William turned to sit down catching her attention. She looked up at him. She gasped as she again felt the same feelings she had when she first saw alistair. William prayed she wouldn't comment on the feelings. He had to get his head round them himself before alistair found out. She continued to stare wide eyed and william realised he had to say something.

"Hello esme, im william alistair's younger brother."

He gave her a pleading look and hoped she would understand. She gulped after a few seconds and dragged her eyes back to alistar. He smiled warmly.

"You must be so tired esme. Would you like me to show you to your room?"

Esme said nothing and stared at the floor. She had so many questions but she didn't know where to begin. How could alistair act so normal when he had just kidnapped her. And the brother she never even knew he had, provoked the same feelings she felt and still strongly feels for alistair. Her heart now felt even heavier, as a new set of emotions came crashing down on her. She wasn't sure if its because they were both demons or something more. She knew fighting it no longer did her any good. They weren't even human. How did she ever stand a chance of getting away.

She glanced back up at william. He looked similar to alistair but he had a more lady's man look about him. He too was extremely handsome. His eyes were also a lighter green. She could drown looking into them for too long. His hair was dark brown almost black and his skin and features were as perfect as alistairs. She could tell he was the younger one. He had more of a baby face, although both of them looked very young, she wondered their real ages and how long they had been around. She jumped as alistair suddenly stood at an inhuman speed. She felt the hair on the back of her neck stand up. She looked up at him, her eyes round like saucers. He leant over her and looked deep into her mind. She tried to look away feeling uncomfortable as he held her in place with his eyes but she couldn't move. She couldn't even speak. He could feel her trying to resist but she could never fight against him. He was too powerful for any human being to fight against. He smiled as her eyes gradually became heavy and she fell asleep.

"I'm going to put her to bed william. She needs rest."

He looked at his brother before picking her up.

12