Devils and Butterflys Ch. 08

Story Info
Esme wakes up and faces the Beauford brothers.
4k words
4.6
6.1k
7

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/24/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank You again to all my readers :) i appreciate your feedback so so much, and as said in a previous submission i'm taking on your comments about longer chapters :) much love x Enjoy.

*****

The early morning sun poured in through the window, illuminating the bedroom that esme slept in. She continued to sleep blissfully as molly pulled the curtains back and opened the window, she smiling happily as the sound of birds singing filled the room. Esme began to stir and opened her sleepy grey eyes, to see molly stood by her bed.

"Good morning Miss Dalton, i hope you slept well. I have ran you a warm bath and prepared your clothes to wear for the day, breakfast will be served at 8am. The masters of the house have requested your company for breakfast this morning."

Molly smiled and turned to leave.

"Wait please."

Esme scrambled out of bed.

"I - i don't understand what's happening. Am i not allowed to leave here?"

Molly's expression was one of sympathy and shook her head.

"I'm afraid not miss. I'm really sorry i can't help you, i'm not allowed to get too involved. I will tell you though -" she smiled warmly.

"You're going to be just fine and well looked after."

She said nothing more and left.

Esme slowly sat down on the edge of the bed, the reality of the situation started sinking in. Her arms remained wrapped tightly round her chest, she had done this as a child whenever she felt lost or afraid, it had been a comfort back then, but today it was doing very little to calm her. She felt so alone and confused. How had something like this happened to her? She did everything right, she was kind, she never hurt anyone and she kept herself to herself. She never did anything to invite this madness into her life. She was sure stuff like this only happened in film or books, she found it hard to believe that what she had seen with her own eyes last night, was even real. She didn't want to leave her room but she was afraid of what would happen if she didn't.

A knock came at the door and she froze. There was a long pause before the knock came again and alistair's voice caressed her senses.

"Esme? May i come in? I just want to check everything's alright."

Esme swallowed down her nerves and slowly opened the door just enough for her to see him. He was dressed in just a pair of grey jogging bottoms, his toned torso beautifully on show. Her eyes scanned him from top to toe, again she was blown away by how perfect he was. He smirked as he watched her eyes wander, his own eyes on fire. He had an such a magical, alluring aura, how could something so incredibly dark, have such a beautiful presence. It pulled at esme's soul, calling to her in soft whispers. She shuddered.

"Good morning esme. I apologise for being so under dressed, i found myself unable to walk past your bedroom and not check in on you."

It was hard for her to get her head around the fact that the monster at her window last night, that showed her the real meaning of fear, was the same gorgeous man that now stood seductively outside her bedroom door. The terror of last night crawled back into her mind causing her to abruptly slam the door in his face. He may be perfect to look at, but his whole image is a lie she thought vexed. She remained by the door until she heard his feather light footsteps walking away.

She stripped down and stepped into the perspiring hot water, she blocked the emotions that threatened to break her. Her whole life had been ripped away, her businesses that she had built from the ground were now in danger of collapsing, and her best friend. Clara. She would never know what had happened. She would forever wait to hear from her. Never moving on properly with her life. The thought broke her heart. She didn't know many people, but the people she did know she loved very much, the thought of never seeing them again caused her great pain.

After half hour she climbed out, hunger shouted at her and she realised she was starving. A dress she didn't own hung over the bathroom door catching her eye, it was a straight figure hugging design which cut across the shoulders. She held it against her and looked in the bathroom mirror. The red lace complimented her milky skin, dark hair and grey eyes perfectly. She also noticed a matching pretty red lace underwear set hanging with it and blushed, she wondered how alistair had got her exact size right. She slipped into the what she knew to be expensive garments and tied her hair into a ponytail, letting her beautiful dark hair fall in curls down her back. She leant on the sink staring back at her reflection, she took a deep breath and tried to claw back some composure before making her way downstairs.

Alistair and william sat patiently waiting for esme to make an appearance. William sighed believing they were wasting their time waiting for her, although he couldn't blame her for not wanting to come out her room, he could only imagine how she must have felt this morning when she woke up. She eventually appeared in the doorway of the large dining room and both alistair's and william's eyes fell intensely on her. William's mouth visibly fell open. Her beauty took his breath away. And that dress. The way it clung to her petite body, the way her hips moved. Every ounce of her was utter perfection. William dragged his eyes away to alistair who had the same look of admiration. Molly came in behind esme and guided her gently to her seat.

She sat down, her tiny frame visibly shaking. William just wanted to hold her and tell her everything would be alright. The thought disturbed him, he'd never felt like this about anything or anyone. Ever. Molly poured them all tea and offered esme a selection of breakfast.

"um thank you molly i'll pass, i don't think i would hold anything down."

Molly looked to alistair and gave him the "is that ok" look.

"Esme you must eat, even if it's just a piece of fruit or a slice of toast. I would really appreciate it if you ate something."

Esme glanced shyly up at him. Their eyes locked and she found herself suddenly wanting to kiss him. To kiss his perfectly shaped lips. To feel his lips on her lips, on her neck. She shook the feeling off, irritated with herself for such a foolish thought.

"I said i'm not hungry thank you." She replied flatly.

Alistair grit his teeth trying to remain cool. Why did she have to be so damn stubborn he thought riled. Of course esme was hungry, she was starving. But the sicky feeling lurking in her stomach was stronger. Besides she had perfectly good food at home that she would happily eat if he let her go.

"This is your home now esme. Please understand this." Alistair said sharply.

Esme's eyes grew fearful. How could her keep hearing her private thoughts. She went to get up but alistair was too quick and in front of her in a shot.

"Don't. Don't try to run from me esme. Take note that i will always, always catch you, and we have too much to talk about for me to chase you all over this house."

"I -"

"I think it's best you sit down and listen sweetheart. He won't leave you alone until you do, which believe me is very bothersome." William interrupted with a sassy smile.

Alistair took his seat but esme remained stood. She noticed that william had a different presence to his brother. It was almost mischievous and playful, but also heavily sexual, so sexual he could cause her to blush without any contact or words. He eyed her over his coffee cup and his eyes were those of a predator, he turned her on but scared her at the same time. His gaze was very cutting and she wondered if he was actually capable of such a pure feeling like love. His aura was darker and more complicated than alistair's, but alistair's aura was also extremely dark, so to say william's was darker was chilling.

It was so difficult for her to try and work them out, they gave off so many feelings and their presence seemed to flicker and change depending on what she said and did. She knew in their time they must have done awful things and she began wondering with a heavy heart how long it would be before they took her life.

Alistair shuffled uncomfortably as he heard her very last thoughts loud and clear. He had to stop her thinking like that. He would never hurt her nor would william. He had to make her see the truth and who she really was. He knew william could hear her thoughts too, but he had either tuned out or didn't give a damn how she felt, and why should he she was nothing to him. But he knew he could trust his brother, he could trust that he would never harm something so sacred to him.

"Esme would you like a tour of the house and garden's today? This is your home now and i'm sure you would like to get familiar with it." Alistair asked biting down forcefully into an apple.

Esme glanced towards the window's. She realised the chance of a possible escape if she went along with the 'tour'.

"I'd like that." She mumbled.

Alistair and william finished up breakfast and esme finally gave in, her hunger getting the better of her and had scrambled eggs. William left feeling envious of his brother, to deal with some business. He climbed into his car and slammed his hands in frustration on the steering wheel. He considered staying away for a few days, maybe it would help clear his mind. She was all he could think about, he was attending a conference today but his head was like mush.

"Fuck!" He cursed hitting his steering wheel again. He eventually left unsure if he would return that evening, or if he could even stay away in the first place.

Molly handed esme an elegant long white coat and some pretty low heel white heels.

"To keep you warm miss, round the gardens."

"Molly can i ask how long you worked for the Beauford brothers?" Esme shot molly a friendly smile as she pulled the coat on. Another perfect fit she noted.

"Ohh a long long time miss. I get treated and paid well so i can never complain."

Esme looked molly over. She didn't look very old. She had a fairly young face, esme thought she looked to be in her late 20s. If she was honest molly only looked a few years older than herself.

"Please call me esme, so, have they always lived in london?"

"Yes, as far as i'm aware. Now master alistair is waiting for you in the garden, i really best get on with my duties if you don't mind miss. Have a lovely afternoon with Mr Beauford."

Esme watched as molly hurried off. It was as though she was hiding something. Or rather lots of things, clearly esme knew the brothers would have a thousand lifetimes worth of secrets, but she felt molly had been warned in some way not to speak to her, which troubled her slightly. She stepped out into the late morning sun. The wind swept round her, embracing her in a frosty hug. Alistair appeared suddenly making her jump and fall back into the front door. He laughed affectionately as her cheeks flushed a pretty pink.

"I'm sorry i didnt mean to scare you." He grinned.

"I just, well i forget that you're not quite adjusted yet. I apologise."

He held his arm out for esme to take. She hesitated before gently wrapping her arm through his. The electric current was instant and she nearly snatched her arm back but alistair tightened his grip to keep her close. She clenched her other fist that was tucked in her coat pocket into a ball, it was painful but she could endure it. They walked without speaking for a little while.

He showed her the scenic stream that ran through the bottom of the garden, the sound of the water rushing over the rocks was a comfort to her. There were large cherry blossom trees and stunning flowers everywhere she looked. The court-yard displayed stunning statues of women in various poses and the grass and bushes were cut so precisely. The pond with a large cascading waterfall made the garden feel magical.

"Who keeps the garden?" Esme asked dipping her fingers into the pond.

"I'm ashamed to say not myself. We have a groundskeeper, but me and my brother designed the layout. Everything here was chosen by either myself or william."

He picked a delicate red rose and leant towards her. She smiled awkwardly as he slid it into her hair.

"Your brother doesn't seem the green fingered type."

Alistair looked at the ground smirking.

"My brother is too prideful. He would hate for me to get all the credit for anything, so he finds himself having a say in pretty much everything."

Esme nodded. A pretty koi carp brushed her fingers and she smiled genuinely.

"Would you like a tour of the house now?" Alistair asked.

"Im quite happy here if thats alright. I love the outdoors."

She was being totally honest in her answer, she had always loved being outdoors. The sound of the stream was harmonious to her ears and the brightly coloured flowers and the blushing blossom on the trees were lifting her mood slightly.

Alistair sat down next to her on the brick that surrounded the pond.

"All this belongs to you as well esme. Don't be afraid to ask me the question's i know you're eager to ask. You must have so much running around your head, i can make all this a lot clearer if you'l let me."

There was a short pause before esme answered him.

"You want me to just open up to you when you're a complete stranger to me alistair. You kidnap me, and then you want me to sit and have breakfast with you, like we're old friends. Like all of this is normal. You've ripped me from my life and made me question everything i thought i knew and believed in."

She looked up at him with deep hurt in her eyes.

"I don't want to be a part of your life alistair. I have my own that i was quite happy living before -"

"How can you imply you were happy?" Alistair interrupted bluntly.

"Excuse me?"

Esme felt the anger ripple at her core. How dare he comment on anything in her life, he had no right.

"I know you always felt an emptiness. A hole inside you, you just couldn't fill. Didn't you ever think it was strange that you never connected with anyone? Didn't you think it strange that no man throughout your whole life was ever capable of making you feel anything? I know what you felt when you saw me esme, because i felt it too. Everything i told you was the truth, i had no choice but to show you my true self and take you by force, after you took a restraining order out me i realised i had to do things a different way. I had to show you that this is real. That our bond and future together is real."

"You have no right to comment on my life alistair. In answer to your question, yes i did struggle with dates and boyfriends. I lost my dad, and i've-"

She paused for a second looking pained.

"Well i've never been the same after that. But i was happy, i learnt to be happy again, it's very old fashioned of you to assume i need a man to feel complete, also i do and have connected with people. I have a best friend who i love dearly, who won't even know i'm here or if im ok."

Alistair ran his hands through his hair in frustration and sighed.

"Esme, i appreciate this is hard for you. I do really. But your whole purpose, and reason for ever existing is to be with me. You will understand this in time. I will do things at your pace and i will be patient with you, but you need to try and allow what i tell you to sink in. Instead of just brushing it off and thinking im crazy.

Esme stood up and began walking back to the house. Alistair caught her hand and pulled her back towards him.

"Stop running from esme! We can do this the hard way if you like? I have patience as i said but please don't assume that's a weakness because it only stretches so far."

Esme yanked her hand from his, her eyes filling with hatred.

"How is forcing me to stay here with you doing things at my pace alistair? You are obnoxious and insensitive! You can do things whichever way you like, i will still hate you for what you've done, i will never feel anything for a monster like you!"

Esme's stinging words echoed around the large court-yard and the air around them suddenly stilled. Alistair's expression was blank and his eyes seemed to look straight through her. Her breathing was heavy with raw emotion and she noticed the dark clouds suddenly rolling over them. She turned and ran back to the house, never looking back. She ran to the front door and pushed. She cursed as she realised it was locked and began banging desperately hoping molly would hear and let her in.

"She will only let you in if i tell her too esme."

Esme looked over her shoulder to see alistair stood at the end of the porch, his face was sinisterly twisted into a dark jester like smile, and his normal pretty jade green eyes were now a jet black colour and larger in size. Her voice caught in her throat as she turned round, pushing her back forcefully against the door praying she could maybe fall through it.

"Words can be so much more damaging than any weapon esme. You call me a monster, but i have yet to show you any monstrous behaviour."

He walked towards her with a torturous slow pace. Each one of his steps caused esme's heart to thud harder. Her head was screaming at her to run, to run for her life, but her legs wouldn't move. Again the air around them stilled, almost like time had stopped. The sun seemed reluctant to shine and the birds that filled her room with pretty chirps this morning were now non existent. The flowers didn't burst with colour and the dark grey clouds above them cast threatening shadows over the house and gardens.

Alistair watched in excitement as her eyes darted around her in fear and confusion. It was a rush for him to see her so vulnerable, it felt so good, it practically hand fed his dark side. Her words had cut straight through him and he so badly wanted to punish her, to teach her a lesson. But he held off this time. He now stood only an arm's length away and he could visibly see her chest heave in and out almost violently.

"Are you afraid esme?" He whispered with a wicked gleam in his eye.

She took a deep breath closing her eyes.

"Yes. Alistair i'm afraid." Her words came out stretched and shaky.

He did nothing to hide his sadistic grin as he slammed his hands down either side of her face, trapping her tiny body beneath his. He leant in close and inhaled her scent, he shuddered with a deep burning desire and his body tingled all over. Esme whimpered and brought her hands up to cover her face, in a weak attempt to shield herself. His lips suddenly grazed her ear.

"Let me show you my world can be beautiful, as well as dark my little one."

His striking wings unexpectedly spread out behind him and he jerked esme against him, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist. She didn't have time to react or ask him any questions, before he flew straight up above the house at an amazing speed. She screamed as she quickly realised what was happening and buried her face in his chest. He held her protectively and flew higher and higher until they could see the land for miles. Esme could feel the sick working its way up her throat and she was violently shaking. She didn't dare look, she was petrified of heights and she was very aware that just moments before, she had offended him and he could evilly drop her to her death. She could feel the strength of his wings as they flapped with a slow grace.

Alistair stroked her hair gently and tried to calm her shaking form.

"Shhhhhh esme, i've got you, i've got you and i'm not letting you go. Your safe darling, look up."

She slowly looked up into his eyes. She was terrified and he could see and feel she was. He took pity on her and flew half way back down. He then turned her round to face the view in his arms.

"Alistair! Alistair no! Please i'll fall!" She screamed.

He smiled but held her there.

"We have the whole world to explore together esme. I can take you anywhere you would want to go. I want to show you the world from my eyes."

12