Devils and Butterflys Ch. 09

Story Info
Esme softens towards Alistair.
2.5k words
4.53
4.1k
6

Part 9 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/24/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello readers :) i apologise for the long wait, unfortunately i uploaded this chapter previously which involved a scene of torture, i was unaware that literotica doesn't allow this so had to re-write this chapter that took me longer than i expected. As always i really hope you enjoy it :) and thank you for any feedback. Much love. X

*****

William watched sardonically from the living room window as Alistair gradually drove out of sight, taking Esme with him. The pain hit him hard as the emptiness of her absence coiled round him, suffocating him. He wasn't sure how much longer he could endure this, he would have to tell Alistair sooner rather than later he couldn't stand not being able to bond with her and be close to her.

There was no way of being able to tell how Alistair would react to such a bombshell but William hadn't chosen this fate for himself. It had well and truly chosen him and it was something they would both have to live with. A sudden knock on the door caught his attention, he realised how lost in his own thoughts he must have been as he hadn't noticed anyone approaching the house. He heard Molly open the door and invite the unwanted guest in.

"Master William a Miss Neena Ruby is here to see you."

William clenched his teeth at the sound of her name. She had been trying to get shares in one of his and Alistair's businesses for years despite being told on numerous occasions it wasn't going to happen. And now she turns up at his house!? He tried to control the bitter anger that was building inside him. How dare she fucking show up at his home! She appeared in the doorway with a big toothy smile. Her bright red suit offended his eyes, and the overpowering smell of her perfume stuck annoyingly in his throat. She was a middle aged fairly pretty lady with a slim build but lacked any womanly curve.

"Mr Beauford i apologise for showing up unannounced but i think i have a new offer here for you which may be of interest. I -"

"Miss i can't take fucking no for answer, it appears you've had a wasted journey, we already gave you our answer regarding your offer which was a definite NO.

It's in very poor taste to then show up at my home, where you're not welcome, with a desperate attempt to change my mind. Your money is of no interest to me so leave."

William turned his back on her as Molly entered the room with a glass of white wine causing him to instantly spin back around to face them, the fury clear in his eyes.

"I did not ask you to offer her a drink Molly! You foolish girl how DARE YOU offer before i do! Tip that glass down the sink and wait for me in the kitchen!"

Molly instantly regretting her mistake nodded and quickly left.

"Do you always speak to your staff that way Mr Beauford? I have to say that was my fault not the girls, i asked for the drink."

"How i talk to my staff is none of your damn business Neena! GET OUT before i make you regret ever stepping foot in this fucking house!!"

William's deafening voice boomed through the house causing the lights to flicker and the building to slightly shake. His eyes gleamed with a murderous hatred.

Neena shocked and fearful by his sudden outburst quickly laid the paperwork down on the marbled coffee table.

"I, I will leave this here for you in hopes you and your brother will at least review my new offer." Her voice was a shaky whisper.

She turned and briskly left letting herself out, as she sped up the drive she never looked back, she wasn't sure what she had just witnessed in William Beauford, but the inhuman look in his eyes had unnerved her to her very core.

~~~~~~

Esme re read the menu multiple times before finally choosing a salmon dish, though she wasn't particularly hungry and her head ached with the rush of adrenaline she had felt less than an hour ago. They had decided on a small bistro and the modern sleek decor reminded her of her boutique, she quickly felt the pang of loss wash over her. She had only been away for a day but it was unknown if she would be able to continue with anything from her life before it had been invaded. Alistair ordered a rare steak and a bottle of champagne that came on ice, he poured both himself and Esme a glass and she drank it appreciatively. She scanned the restaurant nervously in hopes there was no one here she knew. She didn't think she could sit there when they approached her asking questions and pretend that everything was ok and within her control.

Nothing about her life was in her control anymore. She wondered if her parents had known about any of this, she also began wondering if maybe they had ever been approached by some strange being claiming their little girl was one of the chosen ones.

"Sorry to interrupt your thoughts Esme, but i find myself listening in just to hear the questions you won't ask." Alistair smiled at her coyly.

She shuffled in her seat uncomfortable that her privacy had been abused. Again.

"Your parents never knew anything. They were never approached or bothered in anyway so you needn't get yourself worked up about that my darling. We try to keep our existence as secret as we can and we don't show our true selves unless we really need too. It just makes life easier."

The waiter returned with both their meals and placed them down before topping up both drinks and leaving again. Esme prodded the salmon that sat succulently pink on her plate, before glancing up at Alistair cutting into his steak. A small pool of blood drained from the meat and puddled in the corner of his plate. She cringed as her stomach heaved and pushed her plate discreetly away from her.

"So mm can i ask how old you are?"

Alistair looked up at her amused.

"Would you believe me if i told you?"

"Of course, it wouldn't be the craziest thing you've told me Alistair." Esme smiled uneasily.

"Alright, i'm roughly 300 years old, i say roughly because i loose track, we don't really keep track of age and birthdays like humans do."

Their eyes met and she felt a surge of warmth run over her skin causing all her hairs to stand up. She quickly broke eye contact and sipped her champagne, savouring the golden liquid as it ran smoothly down her throat.

"I just find it so obscure that you're not human. You, well, you just hide it so well. I always believed that demons were incapable of love, or any human emotion for that matter."

She paused taking a small but obvious deep breath laced with discomfort.

"My wonderful father loved and had a deep interest of anything paranormal, i often asked him about demons and ghosts and he never had anything good to say about demons. He said they were a very evil entity that only set out to cause harm. He told me never to mess with a ouija board or ever invite such beings into my life. I'll be honest with you Alistair i never believed in such things until, well until you proved to me otherwise."

Alistair listened captivated, this was the first time she had opened up to him and he felt elated that she was finally cracking some of the wall that encased her from him. Her eyes were so fascinating and enticing, they mirrored every emotion she felt. He could easily distinguish what she was feeling just by looking at them. She had the most innocent face, such baby features, a button nose, full lips, and dominatingly large grey blue eyes. Alistair had never seen anything so beautiful.

"Your father was right in some ways Esme. Demons do indeed lack empathy, but not if they have a mate. A demon who has been given a mate has the ability to feel most of the same feelings a person can but only for that one person, and i have to add only if they choose too, we can kind of flick it on and off. Demons also have different races, some are worse than others. Im very capable of love Esme and i long to show you all the amazing parts about being a demon, where there is darkness there are always stars."

Esme saw a flash of light reflect in Alistair's eyes and in that one short moment the wonder awoke inside her. Maybe she could give him a chance, just one chance to show her that she really was the one for him. She had no doubts that what he was saying was true, he had more than proved all this was real. She just needed to see the little bit of good he claimed he had inside of him.

He took his last mouthful and frowned.

"Esme you've not touched your food. Is there something wrong with it?"

He began trying to get the young waiters attention before she quickly stepped in.

"No Alistair the food's fine im sorry, im just not hungry. I thought i could stomach it but i can't i'm sorry."

Alistair stared at her for a few moments as if trying to read her, before finally accepting it and poured them both another glass of champagne.

"I was wondering if we could stop by my house. I've left so much there and i -"

"Drink up we'll go now." He smiled.

Esme erupted with happiness inside, she was so prepared for him to say no, and the fact he didn't and took what she wanted into account really lifted her. Something so little to him meant so much to her, she began to feel less like a prisoner.

Alistair paid the bill and they left on route to her house. She peeked a look discreetly at Alistair. His face held a calm exterior as he watched the road ahead. He was so handsome. She remembered another important lesson her father had taught her.

"Sometimes it takes the right person to bring out the goodness in someone".

Esme couldn't think of a more fitting situation to learn from her father's advice.

A warm fuzzy feeling came over her as they approached the house, so many of her memories resided there and it was the only place she had ever called home. Alistair pulled into the drive and as they both got out disappointment fell on Esme. She didn't have her keys. Alistair had taken her out the window so the keys were still in the house.

"My keys. There still in the house. Which happens to be locked." She said deflated.

She pressed her face against the glass of her front door. Everything was still in place and still the same, she wasn't sure why she expected any other. She pulled her coat around her tighter and turned to see Alistair, who was leant on his car bonnet swinging her house keys around his finger. She gasped.

"But how did you? They were in the house, i just saw them hanging on my key rack."

She peered back through her front door to see they had indeed gone from the rack.

Alistair smirked insolently before placing the key in the door and opening it.

"You severely underestimate me Miss Dalton."

He leant in close to her his eyes ablaze with desire, his intense gaze held her in place and she felt her heart rate increase with a mix of fear and a growing need. She gradually stumbled backwards into the staircase and lay sprawled beneath him. The amorous smirk never left his face as he gently touched her lips with his own, causing fireworks to erupt in both their bellies. She gasped as alien feelings swept over her, Alistair took advantage of her open mouth and slipped his tongue inside. She shuddered as his sultry tongue wrapped itself around hers and she began to feel dizzy with excitement. He slipped his arms around her waist and pulled her up into a hug. He held her close gently rubbing his hand up and down her back in an attempt to calm her.

He leant down and buried his face into her neck. Her heart began to again race as he planted tender kisses along her collarbone. He laughed softly at her adorable response. She looked up at him with a childlike gaze.

"Um would you like a cup of tea?"

Alistair smiled with humour and admiration.

"I would love one my darling."

They sat talking for what felt like hours before the afternoon sun started to set, causing the sky to gush with reds and violets that merged together so beautifully. Esme watched in awe as the colours danced through her kitchen windows. She had found herself opening up to Alistair today, in the time they had sat together drinking tea she had shared many memories from her childhood and even stories of her parents, it occurred to her soon after that she never did this, she never shared such precious memories with anyone except her best friend Clara. She wasn't sure what this meant nor did she know how she felt about him. She had had no time to process any of it. Without warning Alistair suddenly stood and began doing up his coat. A sinking feeling came over Esme as it was made obvious they had to leave now. As she started to stand he gently laid his hand on her arm. His emotion was hard to read, she had never seen an expression like it.

"No Esme, i will be leaving alone tonight."

She stared up at him confused and slightly afraid.

"W... what?" Her voice reflected her emotions.

Alistair knelt down in front of her gently stroking her face.

"It's alright everything's okay, you don't need to feel afraid. I will not be the monster you think i am and keep you prisoner. Your feelings should come to your attention very soon and naturally not because i've forced them. I just had to show you that all this is real. That i'm real. "

Alistair stood taking her face in his hands.

"I've left you all my contacts Esme but if you really need me you only have to ask for me out loud and i will hear you."

He kissed her allowing his lips to linger on hers for a few seconds before disappearing from her view. She waited until she heard his car fade before she fell to the floor and broke down.

The drive home for Alistair was long and strained. He felt all Esme's confusion, relief and sadness and although it undoubtedly killed him inside, he knew he'd made the right decision leaving her behind. He couldn't force her to stay and live with him even if he had wanted too. He couldn't bare the deep sorrow she would unmistakably feel if he confined her, he refused to be the cause of those feelings. He would patiently wait for her feelings to awaken on their own, he knew it wouldn't be long she had already began giving fragments of herself to him.