Diavolo Ch. 12

Story Info
Love you to death...
9.5k words
4.84
12.8k
22

Part 12 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/21/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Finally. Thought I'd never finish this chapter, and I did at three in the morning. I'm dead tired so please excuse the errors. I know. inexcusable, but if i hold it to edit then it won't post Tuesday or Wednesday. I had Type O Negative's "Love You To Death" on a loop as I wrote this chapter. its a Gothic-y sexy ballad that kept me in the right mind frame for Gabriel and Abby's story. Hope you all enjoy it and vote and/or comment. your comments and support (votes) are what keep me motivated to keep writing no matter how I feel. Thank you!

***************

Gabriel helped her down from the sharp rocks that led to the beach from the back of Ariel's sprawling glass and steel mansion. The full moon lit a silver path over the foaming sea as it surged up the beach. She wrapped her arms around Gabriel's broad shoulders as he pulled her against him to lift her feet off the rocks. His silken dark mane engulfed her face, blown by the strong ocean breeze.

Abigail smiled, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath of his sexy masculine scent. Her entire front slid slowly down his hard-hard body until her bare toes touched the sand.

He was hard in his jeans, as usual, for her, and Abby wanted to cling and savor the feel of him a bit, but he pulled away, taking her hand with a sweet smile instead.

"Aren't you afraid the paps will be around?' she teased looking up to the star-speckled night sky.

"I heard there's a big party in LA tonight. They'll be busy there," he answered walking with her along the water's edge.

She smiled and slipped her arm around his waist when he threw his around her shoulders. His warmth permeated her very fiber, and his scent mixed with the salt of the sea; a heady aphrodisiac.

It was hard to believe that only a few months ago they'd met at this very house and now in two days time they might get married. He hadn't brought up the subject of their wedding that weekend again. It really was just too soon, though Abigail didn't want a big production of it. She was fine with them just going to some courthouse, or having a small private ceremony at some church.

"What are you thinking about?" his deep voice purred, making her startle.

Her face grew warm, she didn't want to bring up their marriage in case he was having second thoughts.

Gabriel chuckled and pressed a soft kiss to the top of her head. She was pretty much tucked under his armpit since he was so tall.

"We haven't set anything for our wedding," she replied in a small voice when he remained looking down at her.

He stopped and sat down on the sand, pulling her down by his side.

"You haven't exactly let me know what kind of wedding you'd like," was his soft amused reply.

Abigail wasn't sure why she felt so relieved with his answer. Clearing her throat and pushing her glasses up her nose, she studied her toes as they dug into the soft sand. "I'd prefer something simple."

Gabriel nodded, looking out toward the silver path the moon painted on the surging ocean.

Abigail studied his profile, the chiseled jaw, lush mouth, sharp cheekbones, and sweeping black lashes over vivid green eyes. He was like an exotic creature with his flowing dark hair and rippling muscles. So beautiful.

He turned to look at her too, and she was ensnared in that heated gaze. His eyes caressed every feature on her face before lowering to smolder even more as they took the rest of her in.

She'd worn a floral maxi that had delicate straps and a crocheted hem that came to her ankles. Pia had made what she called a messy braid in her hair, which was nothing more than a very loose French braid. Wisps of her hair kept whipping her face with the rush of the wind.

Gabriel smirked and Abigail felt her lips quirk in answer.

"What were we talking about?" he said grinning.

She laughed and then sucked in a breath when he leaned over and pressed his mouth to hers.

His tongue swept over her lower lip before darting inside to make love to her mouth when she opened for him.

Her toes curled in the sand and her heart hammered against her ribs. Her caveman could kiss her stupid every time.

He sank his teeth gently into her full lower lip before drawing away again.

"If you could go anywhere, where would you go?" he asked.

She blinked a few times, clearing her passion fogged brain.

Gabriel waited patiently for her reply.

Anywhere was heaven as long as she was with him, but she remembered the dream she had the night before. They were sitting atop a high mountain, just looking at the beautiful view below. A green forest stretched as far as the eye could see. She'd felt such peace in that dream.

"The mountains," she said with a sigh.

He grinned. "Just out on a mountain or like a little cabin up in the mountains?"

Abigail smiled at the prospect of shacking up with Gabriel in a rustic cabin.

"The cabin idea sounds nice." The ocean surf drew closer to their feet. "Or a deserted island...just the two of us." Away from all the reporters, fans, and family.

He leaned in again, running his nose along her cheek. Abigail turned her head and took his mouth this time, reaching over to slide her fingers into his hair. He gripped her around the waist and fell back, pulling her partially over him.

The breeze had her dress up around her thighs, but she didn't care. Curling one leg up over his groin, Abby kissed him with all the love she felt. Above, from the mansion she could hear "Love You to Death", by Type O Negative playing over Ariel's fancy sound system. The sexy, slow ballad was the perfect mood setter for the moment.

Gabriel's hips rose a bit, his erection pressing into her belly, setting her afire. Oh, how she desired her beautiful soon-to-be husband. Oh, how she loved him.

He rolled them over and lifted his head to look into her eyes. "It's getting late."

"Let's go home," she sighed wanting to continue this moment in the privacy of the apartment.

Gabriel smoothed back a strand of her air with one finger. "How about we crash here for tonight? The guys and I want to work on some music for the album."

Abigail tried not to let her disappointment show. Gabriel was a musical virtuoso, so gifted. She knew how important it was to allow him to continue to make his music unimpeded.

Gabriel gave her another drugging kiss. "Eeyore's got rooms galore in this place. Just crash in one of them for tonight."

She let her hands skim over the bulging muscles of his upper arms and shoulders to stop at his firm pecs. She looked into his eyes. The breeze had swept his dark hair over to one side of his face, making her breath catch at how stunning he looked bathed in silver moonlight. "Will you join me later tonight?"

Her face heated up in embarrassment at how breathless and needy she sounded.

Gabriel just smiled. "You want me to sleep with you?"

They'd been sleeping together since she'd moved into her new apartment, among other things she actually couldn't believe she'd done with him. Lot's of almost sex.

She opened her mouth to answer, but he kissed her instead.

After thoroughly melting into a puddle of want on the sand, he moved away, to her disappointment, and stood.

Abigail accepted his hand and let him haul her up from the sand. They were both coated in it and laughed as they swatted each other's backsides to get the gritty stuff off. Again, he helped her up the steep incline, back up to the mansion.

The guys were in the game room just off the chamber with the interior pool. Gabriel led her to the door and kissed her there. He was somber, his eyes fixed intently on her face.

"I usually sleep on the third floor, to the left at the top of the landing, fourth door to your right."

Abigail nodded, mentally stowing away the directions to the room.

"Later?" she asked hopefully.

He smiled and just kissed her again.

Abby trudged up the stairs to the third floor. The room was like the rest of the house, sparsely furnished, half of it nothing but glass overlooking the ocean. With a sigh, she eyed her dress and shrugged. She'd have to forgo the shower tonight, though she had taken one just before they'd gone to dinner earlier.

Gabriel had taken her to a little Italian restaurant for a romantic candle light dinner before they'd come over to Ariel's house.

She snuggled under the covers in the king-sized bed and closed her eyes. They still hadn't discussed the wedding plans. It really was impossible to get married that Saturday. Didn't they need to do blood work and apply for a license or something? She had no idea. She never thought she'd be getting married after Daniel had dumped her for her sister. It was probably the biggest favor Daniel could have ever done for her. What she felt for Gabriel far surpassed anything she'd ever felt for Daniel.

Her feelings for Gabriel were so intense. It was more than just passion. They'd gone to a youth center he frequented with Michael where troubled teens went. Abigail had felt so proud seeing him interact with those kids, watching their faces of amazement when he and Mike walked into the center's music room. Their joy when their favorite rock stars jammed with them and gave them pointers.

Abigail snuggled with a grin into the pillow. She closed her eyes and let herself drift off to sleep, waiting for Gabriel to come to her.

*******

He was on stage. Gabriel's voice filled the immense arena with its raw power. Women screamed amidst the roaring crowd. He'd taken his shirt off and sweat made his glorious body gleam. Abigail didn't understand why she was in the audience in front of the stage. There were so many people she could barely move.

Someone had their hand on her arm and was shaking her.

"Wake up."

Light blinded her, like the sun.

"Geez, woman. She sleeps heavier than you, Eeyore."

Abigail blinked up into Angelo's face. Stubble covered half his face and his blond curls were sleep-tousled.

She felt disorientated as she clutched the covers to her chin and looked around, realizing she'd been dreaming of Gabriel on stage.

The scene of a bright blue sky and turquoise ocean greeted her through the floor to ceiling panes of glass that made up two sides of the corner bedroom.

Turning to her left, she saw the sheets on Gabriel's side undisturbed.

He'd never come to bed.

As if sensing her disappointment, Angelo said "Gabe has a surprise for you."

Abigail blinked up at them from beneath the covers.

A surprise?

The night before Gabriel and she had talked very briefly about their wedding. She had no idea how to plan for one, or exactly what she wanted. Abigail didn't want anything extravagant. She doubted much could be done on such short notice anyhow. It was already Friday anyway.

Angelo and Ariel refused to answer her queries on Gabriel's whereabouts and barely gave her time to get ready. They ushered her out to a black limo that was waiting in front of Ariel's home and got in as Angelo waved indulgently at the few photographers waiting around to snap their pictures.

She couldn't get a word out of them as to where they were going, or what Gabriel was up to.

She tried calling Gabriel, but he wasn't answering his phone.

The limo whisked them off to the airport where they boarded a private jet.

She followed their lead, all the while her eyes wide in shock as she wondered what her boyfriend, soon-to-be crazy husband was up to for the hundredth time.

At first she thought he was having her taken to Vegas for a quick wedding, but as the flight lagged into its third hour, she knew they were not headed to Vegas. It wasn't that far.

Abigail was treated to champagne, chocolates, and a foot massage. Angelo and Ariel talked about their escapades during tours and evaded her questions about Gabriel.

They flew over cities and open plains, until clouds covered most of the view below. Hours later, they landed.

"Where are we?" Abigail asked walking out into a wall of stifling heat on the tarmac.

Another black limo awaited them a few yards away from the plane.

"South Carolina," Angelo answered.

"What?" Abigail sputtered, coming to a halt halfway between the plane and limo. "Why are we in South Carolina?"

"Secret," Ariel answered putting his hand at the small of her back to urge her forward.

Abigail didn't budge. "Okay. You've both been very loyal to Gabe in keeping me in the dark, but I'm not taking a single step until you tell me what's going on."

Ariel huffed, looking frustrated behind his black sunglasses as the slight breeze ruffled his thick, black waist-length curls.

Angelo, who was waiting by the open limo door, stalked back to them, and before Abigail could stop him, he picked her up and flipped her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

Her indignant cries fell on deaf ears.

Inside the limousine, she dialed Gabriel's number again and left him a stern message about kidnapping and crazy long-haired rock stars.

Sometime during the long drive in the limo, Abigail fell asleep.

The sunlight warmed her face as Ariel nudged her arm.

"We're here."

She blinked up at the tall bass player before looking past him and gasping.

There was a quaint, little, white cottage surrounded by lush landscaping. Everywhere she looked, she could see mountains. The view was breathtaking.

"Oh, my god," she breathed as Ariel helped her out of the limo. "Where are we?"

"It's called Red Horse Inn," Angelo supplied. "The main building is down through there. Gabe got you a private cottage."

She walked up the steps to the cottage as if in a trance. The entire interior was in shades of white, cream, and soft grey. There was a sitting area, which consisted of two wing chairs set before a fireplace. Toward the back corner of the room was a king-sized canopied bed, draped in gauzy white curtains. The sunlight poured in through the large windows that lined the wall next to the bed, showing a spectacular view to verdant green mountains.

"Oh, my God," she huffed in awe. Gabriel had set her up in a little cottage by the mountains.

But where was he? Where was he gorgeous soon-to-be husband?

After gaping at her room for a long moment, she spun and shouted back at Angelo and Ariel just as they were getting back into the limousine.

"I didn't pack anything. You didn't tell me I should pack."

Angelo and Ariel looked at one another and shrugged.

"I don't believe this," Abigail huffed shaking her head.

Angelo pulled out his phone and began tapping on the screen.

Frowning, Abigail made her way down to them again.

Angelo looked at her when she was close enough and said, "he says to check the armoire."

Abigail frowned at them, ignoring the irritation she felt that he answered their texts and not hers. "Okay. Where are you guys off to? Are you leaving me alone here? Is Gabe coming to join me? Where is he?"

Ariel and Angelo shared a secret smile that was already getting on her nerves every time they did it.

"We'll be close by. We got the cottages farther down the road," the blond drummer replied pointing to another little cottage further along the circular road.

"Where is he?" Abigail demanded stomping her foot.

"He won't say where he is," Angelo answered holding his palms up, "honest."

When Abigail scowled at Ariel, he just shoved his hands into his pockets and began rocking side to side on his big feet like he always did when he was nervous. "Don't look at me. I don't know either."

With a frustrated huff and roll of the eyes, Abigail trudged back up the steps to her cute cottage and closed the door.

It was so beautiful, she couldn't stay annoyed very long. The armoire caught her attention and she walked over to it before exploring the rest of the cottage.

There weren't many items within the armoire to her surprise, and everything had a handwritten envelope pinned to it. The one on the white terry robe read "open me first".

Taking the little envelope, Abigail opened it and pulled out the small note within.

Her heart clenched and eyes misted over when she read the first words.

"Hey, baby,

First, I want to tell you how much I love you, but there are no words to encompass the wealth of feeling inside me for you. Thank you for coming into my life. You've given it new meaning. Given me a new reason to open my eyes in the morning, brought a new melody to my heart. I've never been happier. I know right know you're probably wondering what the heck I'm up to, but I promise you, it's a good surprise. First, I want you to take a nice soak in that claw-foot tub in the bathroom. Use the bubble bath and products I told the staff to have for you, and then slip into the terry robe because I have someone coming over to give you a full spa treatment. Relax and enjoy yourself today. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?"

Disappointment zipped through her. With a little pout, she looked at the other garments in the armoire. A white maxi with a tag that read "for dinner" and a long satin nightgown with its cover whose tag read "dream of me."

She was supposed to spend the whole day until dinner with the terry robe?

The bubble bath was soothing, especially when she found an iPod with romantic music set up for her by Gabriel. Her favorites were the love ballads by Diavolo. She would never tire of hearing his voice. Not having him here with her made her feel lonely. She dialed his number again and became sadder when it went into voice mail again.

"I don't know what you're up to, but...I miss you, baby. I'm taking that bubble bath you told me to do...wishing you were here with me."

Her face heated up at her bold statement and she hung up before she said something else inappropriate, only to realize she hadn't told him she loved him or thanked him for her little retreat.

The water was so warm and wonderful, she was almost tempted to take a nap inside the tub, but the thought that someone was coming over had her leaving her frothy sanctuary. Emptying out the tub, she switched on the overhead shower to wash her hair and rinse off the bubbles from her body.

No sooner had she tied the sash around her terry robe, there was a knock at the door to the cottage.

Adjusting the towel she'd wrapped around her head, she padded out of the bathroom and opened the door to a pleasant faced older woman dressed in a powder blue long dress that matched her friendly eyes.

The lady, whose name was Miranda, gave Abigail an all over waxing session. Followed by a full body massage that lasted a little over an hour. Abigail received a relaxing facial and then Miranda did Abigail's hair and nails.

Food was brought to the cottage and Abigail nibbled on the various fruits and cheeses laid out on platters.

After Miranda left, she changed into the maxi. The limo was waiting for her when she stepped out of the cottageā€”ridiculous, because she could have just walked to the main building for dinner.

Angelo and Ariel were waiting inside for her with grins.

They were just as tight-lipped about Gabriel's whereabouts as they had been that morning, but Abby was so relaxed and feeling so beautiful in her pretty white dress, she didn't care anymore. She couldn't wait until Gabriel saw all the lovely curls framing her face compliments of Miranda's talented hands, or the delicate French manicure the woman had done on her fingernails.

Dinner was delicious with southern dishes. Afterwards, Angelo and Ariel kept her company a while at her cottage.

The sun set behind the mountains as Abigail listened once more to Gabriel's romantic playlist over the sound system in the cottage.

Her phone began to ring.

She made a mad dash for it when she realized it was Gabriel's ringtone.

"Hello?" she almost shouted in her excitement that he'd finally called. Tears sprang to her eyes when his deep voice purred out a greeting. 'Oh, Gabriel. Where have you been?" she choked out.