Diesel Chronicles Ch. 09

Story Info
Seen and heard.
2.2k words
4.56
21.2k
8
0

Part 9 of the 22 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 08/30/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gwen
Gwen
61 Followers

Monday morning, my boss, Sue, walks into my office with a copy of the paper in her hand. She sets it down on my desk.

“So, this is the mystery man?” she asks, pointing to the paper.

“Yes, that’s him,” I reply, smiling down at the picture of Vin kissing me.

Settling in a chair, she comments “You know, I was a little worried about you going on a trip with someone you had known for only a few weeks, but after seeing this yesterday, I realized that I had worried for nothing. But I’ll let you in on a little secret. I’m jealous as hell of you right now. And I’m not the only one. I’ve heard comments as people pass my office.”

“I knew things were going to be different after I saw the picture last night. I’m not going to say that I’m sorry, because I’m not. I never expected anything to come after the weekend in New Orleans. It surprised the hell out of me when he said he wanted to see me again. This trip has shown me a side of him that not very many people know about. I’m not going to throw that out the window just because some people can’t handle the fact that we might actually have feelings for each other.”

“Don’t worry what other people say or think.”

“I won’t. But I don’t want there to be problems here at the office.”

Getting up from the chair, adding, “Don’t worry. Things will die down and get back to normal before you know it.”

“I hope so.”

Surprisingly, the day went by without much said about the picture in the paper. A few nasty looks and comments here and there, but hey, that’s to be expected. I called Jennifer and gave her the update.

Driving home, I debated on whether or not I should tell Vin what had happened, and decided that he’d probably get a kick out of it. I opened the door to the apartment to find Vin sitting on the couch working on his laptop.

I walked over and dropped a kiss on his bald head. “Hey. How was your meeting today?”

He looked up and grinned. “Pretty good. How was your day?”

“I wish you could have been a fly on the wall,” I replied, then sat down beside him and filled him in on what had happened, leaving out the conversation with my boss.

He started laughing. “How did you handle it?”

“I ignored them. The way I look at it, they are just jealous, petty women. If they aren’t happy, then they don’t want anybody else happy. And Heaven forbid if a lesser creature than themselves finds someone that make’s them happy.”

Vin grabbed on to that. “Do I?” he asked.

“Do you what?”

“Make you happy?” He did nothing to mask the concern on his face.

I hesitated, trying to find the right words without giving too much away. “Who wouldn’t be if they were in my shoes?”

“You’re not answering my question, Gwen. Do I make you happy?”

Leaning my head back against the couch, I took a deep breath. “More than you know. When we’re together, you make me feel like I’m the only person in the world. When we’re apart, I can’t wait to see you again. You took me to your home in Colorado and you’re staying with me this week. If that’s what you consider happy, then I guess that’s what I am.”

“Now, see. That wasn’t so hard, was it?” he said, leaning over to give me a kiss.

Time to change the subject. “What do you want for dinner?” I ask, getting up off of the couch.

“I was thinking Italian. I was in the kitchen earlier and saw your stash of take-out menus. Do you ever cook?”

“Not very often. I’m usually at work until 6 or so, and by the time I fight the traffic coming home, I’m too tired to cook. I usually just eat a salad for dinner, then spend the rest of the evening either working, reading, or writing. Since you’re going to be here all week, I’ll go to the store later and get some things so we can stay in and cook.”

“Sounds like a plan.”

We drove to one of my favorite Italian restaurants, where the wait was going to be about 30 minutes for a table. But when the hostess saw Vin, she ushered us right in. He pulled my chair out and waited until I was seated before taking his own seat. The look on her face was pure jealousy. Oh well, I’m used to it now. The waiter came and took our order, and dinner was served a short time after that. It was delicious.

While we were eating, he commented, “You mentioned earlier that you write. I didn’t know that.”

“Not many people do. It’s just something I do in my spare time, when I have it.”

“What do you write?”

“Fiction and romance.”

“Can I take a look at some of it?”

“Why? It’s just a hobby.”

“Just humor me.”

“Oh, alright. Now my turn. I know it’s probably none of my business, but what are these meetings about?”

“My production company is looking into filming one of my movies in the area. We’ve been meeting with the location scouts, looking at different places that would work for different parts of the movie.”

“You know, I hadn’t really thought about that part of your life, the writing and producing. Which do you like more?”

“Each has it’s own rewards. For me to star in a movie, I have to believe in the story. If I do that, then the character that I play will be someone that everyone can relate to. If I don’t believe in it, I don’t do it. When I write and produce, I have control of everything. I write about things that I know. I have all of these ideas running around in my head and when I put them on paper, I know exactly how I want the scene shot, what I want the end result to be.”

“That has to be a heady feeling, seeing your own ideas come to life.”

“It is.”

We finished dinner and then went to the grocery store. While Vin was driving, I made a list of things to get. Vin stayed in the truck while I went in and bought the groceries. When we got back home, we put up the groceries and I went into the bedroom to change, hoping that Vin would forget about reading my stories. Unfortunately, that didn’t work.

“So?” he asks as I walk back into the living room.

“So what?”

“Where are your stories?”

Walking over to my desk, I flip through the disk holder and find the one with the stories on it.

Handing it to Vin, I say, “Just remember, this is a hobby.””

He takes the disk and pops it into his laptop, pulling up one of the stories.

After a few minutes, he looks up at me. “Gwen, this is good. It’s a little rough in places, but you’ve got the basics down. How long have you been doing this?”

“Off and on for a couple of years. Like I said, it’s a hobby and I do it when I have time.”

“Do you realize that with a little training, you could become a very good writer?”

“Don’t even go there.”

“Gwen, just hear me out. Let me help you.”

“Why?“

“Because you’ve got a natural talent for this. What would it hurt? Choose one story, I’ll help you with it, and we’ll see what happens after that.

“Nothing will happen after that because I’m not going to pursue this.”

“We’ll see. Just come over here and sit down. I want to show you some things.”

He went through the first part of the story, making minor changes here and there. The story flowed better after that.

“See, all you need is a little training and this could be on the best sellers list. I just happen to know a writer that would love to get his hands on you, I mean, help you with your work.” He says, grinning.

“Well, since you put it that way. Maybe.”

“Gwen, you won’t be sorry.”

This became the norm for the evenings. We would eat dinner, then curl up on the couch with his laptop and pick apart my story. Vin was a great teacher and I learned a great deal from those few nights with him. We had finished the first story and Vin was taking it back with him.

Each night, when we were finished working, if you could call it that, we would make love for hours at a time. Sometimes it was slow and hot, while others it was wild and crazy. Vin was a master when it came to my body, knowing where to touch at just the right time, knowing what I needed even before I did. He made me feel things that I had no business feeling. It was going to be a big adjustment when he left and went back to California.

The week flew by, just as I figured it would. Vin’s flight was scheduled for 4:00 on Friday afternoon and I took off work early so I could go to the airport with him. It was a quiet drive, each of us lost in our own thoughts.

He pulled into the parking garage and found a spot. Turning to me he said, “Gwen, you don’t have to go in if you don’t want to. I’m sure people will be snapping pictures again. We can say good-bye here in private if you want.”

“That’s not what’s wrong. I’m just wondering what’s going to happen between us now. You’re going back to your life while I’m staying here and going on with mine.”

“I’ll be back. The feelings I have for you will not go away just because we’re not together,” he said, leaning over to kiss me.

When I finally pulled back, there were tears in my eyes. “Vin, I don’t want to sound ungrateful or anything, but we have totally different lives. I’m just a nobody from Texas who has no clue how to even begin to compete with the glamour of Hollywood.”

“But that’s the kicker, Gwen. You don’t have to compete with anyone or anything. It’s YOU who I care about, nobody else. And who cares what others say or think. As long as we’re happy, to hell with everyone else. Now, are you going to kick me out here or go inside with me?”

“Inside, definitely.” I added, opening up the door.

The airport was busy and people were everywhere. But for us, it was like we were the only two people there. Everyone faded into the background as we walked to the terminal where his flight would be boarding in a little while. We sat and talked, trying our best to blend in with the other people. When they announced that his flight would be boarding in a few minutes, Vin pulled me up from my seat into his arms, kissing me one last time.

When we finally broke apart, he looked into my eyes and said, “This is far from over. I’ll call you in a few days.”

And with that, he turned and boarded the plane. I stood there and watched until the plane had taken off and was in the air, then turned and made my way back out to the parking garage. I drove back to my apartment, where I curled up with a book and read all evening. The house was quiet, almost too quiet, since I was used to Vin being there.

A little while later, the phone rang.

“Hello.”

“Hi. Did I wake you up?” “No, I was just reading. What time is it anyway?”

“It’s 10:00 here so it must be 12:00 there. Reading, is that it?”

“No, I’ve got Matthew McConaughey tied up on my bed.” I laughed.

“Ouch, that hurt. Moving on with your life already?”

“Yeah, I figured that since he’s a Texas boy I’d probably see him more than I’ll see you.”

“You’re so full of shit.” He laughed.

“Seriously, I’m lying in bed reading the book that I started a couple of weeks ago, before my life was turned upside down.”

“Upside down? You say that like it’s a bad thing.”

“No, not bad. Just different. But I wouldn’t change a thing. How was the flight?”

“Long and boring. I kept thinking back to the last time I was on a plane.” He started to laugh.

“Well, that was definitely the best way to pass the time while flying.”

“I couldn’t agree more. I just wanted to call and let you know that I’m home. You’ve got my numbers if you need anything, right?”

“Yes.”

“Ok, I’ll talk to you in a few days.”

“Vin?”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For everything.”

“It has been my pleasure. I’m here if you need anything.”

“I know. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Bye.” And with that, I hung the phone up and fell asleep.

Gwen
Gwen
61 Followers