Disposable Hero Ch. 01 Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bokhun
Bokhun
312 Followers

I turned to the girl and dropped my pack to get out my med kit, I looked at her wounds she had small cuts as well as the bolt in her shoulder, the worst of them was the crossbow bolt in her shoulder. I rolled her over and saw the barbed head of the bolt and knew it would have to come out through the front. I knew I would need more light and a stable platform to work from I put my pack on and sheathed the katana and ka-bar, I bent to pick up my little patient and noticed that she had gone into shock this was bad. I ran down to one of the wagons and set her down I took out a flashlight, bent the head to an L and set it to its highest setting, it had a clip that hooked to my combat gear, so you could hold a map and still have light on it, turned it on took off my night vision goggles and got to work. I began to loosen her black leather shirt which was tightly strapped to her body as I opened it up I saw her black no not black more like a very dark purple sort of like the purple on a Crown Royal bag but even darker. I grabbed the bolt and pushed it through, waking my patient which made me feel better, as I did she screamed at the pain and looked at me, I saw her wince with my light in her face.

I applied pressure and said, "You have been hit in the shoulder I need to close the wound or you will bleed out, this is going to hurt a lot."

Zilvra

I screamed and saw the man from my dreams standing over me, he had just thrown the bolt away and was pushing on my wound. I thought, 'why doesn't he just use my potion in my bag' even a simple male knew to look for healing draughts. He was saying something to me, but I didn't know what it was, my sire had warned me that humans liked to speak in their local language and not the common tongue.

I said, "Potion in my bag."

Henri

'Oh great' I thought as she said something in what sounded a lot closer to the words my mother taught me for the passing "spell" I had used on 'mother.' Just my luck she doesn't speak English, I smiled like a moron and tried to think of how to close this hole in her shoulder, my only thought was to cauterize the wound I had silver nitrate but it would hurt like bitch.

I said, "I have to close your wound or you'll bleed out."

I took out what looked like cross between a match and a cotton swab and poured water over it to activate it. I opened my mouth and pointed to her doing it again, put my left hand in her mouth and applied the silver nitrate into the wound as she screamed her head off bit the hell out of me.

Zilvra

I thought, 'Alak said they all spoke the common tongue. Why didn't he?' He kept telling me something as he took out a long stick and wet it with what looked like water. Maybe it was an ointment, he opened his mouth pointed at me and did the same and I understood that he was going to apply the ointment to my wound and that it would hurt, he placed his hand in my mouth so I had something to bite if it hurt. As it entered my shoulder I felt an intense pain like my skin was on fire as I screamed and bit down on his nasty hand and nearly blacked out. He took out some powder and applied that to my wound he bandaged me up and took out a strange device he put it in his ears and held the cold metal disk in his hand he put it on my chest, I wanted to escape this strange device but could barely move without excruciating pain, he took that thing out of his ears and grabbed my wrist and looked at some strange thing on his wrist, he shook his head and took out a small needle like thing and grabbed my bad arm and stabbed me with it, I felt numb and after a few seconds the wagon felt really good and I passed out.

Henri

After I closed the wound I cleaned it with a powdered antiseptic and dressed it with a petrolatum gauze and wrapped the wound closed. I wanted to check her breathing and heart to see if the bolt had nicked the top of her lung, I took out the stethoscope that Holiday always kept in his kit, Her breathing and heart were fine my next question was how was her pulse, she had lost a lot of blood and if it was weak she could still die. I had no plasma to start and I.V. with so I had to monitor her pulse and feel if her pressure was falling, if it did I had one choice and that would be a transfusion I was a universal donor so that wouldn't be a problem. I gave her some morphine for the pain so she could rest and I would check her pulse every hour and if it was dropping I would have to do a transfusion, I checked the wagons for the things I would need, was so glad I had watched a doctor perform the same in Tokyo, but he had all the equipment to do it.

An hour later I checked and her pulse was weakening I need to get blood into her and fast. I grabbed everything and took it to the cave I would be weak afterwards and in no way capable of fighting. The one thing that worried me was that burning which had settled over my heart but not deep more like a sunburn on my chest, when I pulled my shirt off to insert the needle for the for the transfusion, I saw a deep blue light glowing from my chest where the burning was coming from. I gave it no more thought I need all my wits for the transfusion, I could worry about that later. I hoped I had done everything correctly and monitored her as best I could, I studied her for the first time and noticed that besides her snow white hair and blackish- purple skin she had ears like a knife otherwise I noticed no other differences from myself.

I had no real way to know how much blood she's got or even if this was really the right thing to do but if she was going to die at least I would have tried everything I knew of. I set my watch to go off after the same amount of time like the doctor had told me when he did it. My thinking was that if she had lost 1 and half liters that I would give her 750ml and we would have the same amount in both of us and she would stabilize while her body made more. When the alarm went off I removed I.V.'s tubes that were in the med kit, I was trying to remember why they were there in the first place but it had been 10 years since I had needed to use any of this knowledge and now this woman's life was in my hands and I'll be damned if I was going to let her down. I needed to sleep to get back my strength as I wrapped my jacket around me and put my blanket over her and went to sleep.

As Henri slept a portal opened and out walked an angel, she had been sent by the great destroyer at the behest of Eilistraee to save both of them. She used her divine magic to heal Zilvra's wound so that she wouldn't bleed out and to replenish Henri's blood which Zilvra had taken a good amount of. With her mission complete she opened the portal and headed back to the great destroyer to report her findings.

***********

While Henri slept Alak led his daughters to the sight of the ambush or maybe massacre would be better. Alak breathed a sigh of relief when they saw that everything was still in the wagons, with the problem solved he focused of the bigger problem searching for Zilvra. They found the bolt with Drow blood on it near a wagon that had nothing on it but some blood, and thought that Zilvra might be held up hurt they tracked her blood trail past three dead Deep Dwarves two of them missing their heads. The blood trail stopped at a small cave, but they could smell the blood coming from the inside a male Drow crawled in, he saw Henri sleeping near the entrance and Zilvra laying in the back covered, the odd thing was when he looked at her aura and noticed it seemed different somehow. He told them what he had found and with some doing they dragged Zilvra out of the cave and carried her down and onto the wagon, where Shyntaunlin was waiting to nurse her. They sent a rider ahead to get a cleric to heal her and to find out what Deep Dwarves were doing so close to their home. They took all of Henri's weapons and tried to drag the big human out of the cave, it took at least 4 of them to get him out.

Bokhun
Bokhun
312 Followers
12