Disposable Hero Ch. 02 Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gabriella looked at Henri and was certain she knew him from somewhere and asked, "I have seen him from someplace else before I brought him here. What made our parents choose him?"

He knew his sister wanted to know who she was working with and said, "You know him from the passing ritual, it was he who summoned you and it was that compassion that made father talk mother into choosing him. You know his mother better for you showed her many futures for him.

If you are looking to learn about him go to the resting places of those who he has helped and talk to them. Ask Yuuya's mother if she approves of him, ask the two men who passed, ask his parents and ask the wife that the Captain left behind about him and decide if he is worthy of you."

She bit her lip as she considered his words, she knew he wouldn't have her do that just to hear that he was a bad choice, but still she wanted to know him before she came to him.

She stood and threw her arms around her brother and hugged him as she did he said, "He will prove you are a very good mother."

She just smiled at her brothers teasing and kissed him on the cheek before spreading her wings and opening a rift as she flew into transit space and off to the heavens.

She headed to paradise and off to meet with Henri's parents as she got there she recognized his mother right away. She landed and tucked her wings behind her and walked up to them and made her presence known. Maria smiled and invited her to join them at the waterfall were Maria had had visions of her and Jacque's fates this was their personal paradise as Jacque was busy with the grill, he looked up and smiled a welcoming smile at the angel.

Gabriella knew angels were always welcome and her twice as much, because she brought news.

Maria implored, "Please, sit won't you have some wine, we will be eating as soon as Jacque gets the grill working."

She winked at her husband and turned her puppy dog eyes on him.

Jacque beaming his 1000 watt smile at Gabriella as he asked, "What brings you to us, are we going to be grandparents of our own child?"

Gabriella liked both of them deeply and said, "No, I have come to ask you about Henri.

You do have a granddaughter, but I fear her mother will terminate as soon as she knows, her people don't like mixed blood."

Maria looked worried and knew that the only time they were asked about a child is when they have died and they didn't live a good enough life for entry to paradise.

She asked tears coming to her eyes, "Henri, hasn't passed his trial because he was a soldier and we must help him, right?"

She shook her head no, much to the relief of his parents and said, "Maria, do you remember one of the futures that I showed he might have?"

She nodded and was about to speak when Gabriella said, "He was chosen to be the keeper and I wish to know about him and know the man that I must show myself to."

Jacque put his arms around his wife, his embrace both honest and endearing, for Gabriella this was proof of a love that will never end.

He asked wondering how he might help his son, "What do you need to know exactly? I mean we have not been with him for who knows how long, time has no meaning here."

She said, "Tell of him as a person and what you think of his choices he has made since you have pasted and if you must know it has been twelve years since I took you both."

They looked at each other and with guilt written on both their faces Maria said, "Since he joined the army we haven't watched him, neither of us think him joining the military was the right choice let alone the American military.

We realized he wanted to be with us, but that is not the way, he is not a murderer and we cannot watch him try and kill himself.

I can say that while we were alive he was a happy child who was always looking out for his brother and sister, even now he takes care of them, that is the real him, a protector of that which he hold dear. Can we see him now that he has been chosen?"

She said solemnly, "That is something he will have to ask me, you can only see them on those days that go with your faith and being catholic that is Day of the Dead and Good Friday.

When I show myself I will explain myself to him and if he asks he can talk with and even touch you for a short time, but that he must choose for himself.

I thank you for seeing me, but I must go and meet with the parents of his adopted children and get their thoughts on him."

With that she left Henri's parents feeling lost, why would Lucifer tell her to talk to them? Only to find out they were not happy he had walked one of the paths she had shown Maria.

As she walked into the paradise that was Kirara's parents paradise,

she bowed and said, "I have come to ask for your thoughts on the man who has been watching over your child Kirara, will you honor my request?"

Kirara's parents stood shocked as angels do not bow before them, then bowed deeply and said, "Please tell us the man that has given her back her smile is not coming here, for that would be a fate too cruel for her and us."

She bowed again and said, "He will not be coming here. He has been chosen for a greater purpose and I wish to know your thoughts of him.

It can help guide me as I am to help him and wish to learn about him."

They sighed in relief and said, "What can we say about him that won't sound like a lie, our child was lost when we passed and did things no child should ever have to do.

When he found her, she was little more than an animal and still he took care of her and protected her, until recently she has been all smiles and happy to have a brother, but for the past two weeks she has been nervous and sad.

We are grateful that he has taught our child to smile again after all she has been through, we couldn't say enough good things about him.

We wish he was with her more, but we understand he is defending our home and our child, he even makes sure that she is surrounded by people who love her.

We would like to know why he took her in."

She asked stoically, "Why do you think he took her in?"

They looked at each as if searching for an answer and said, "We think he is trying to make up for what he has done as a soldier. I mean he is not one of us, so why else would he."

She didn't say anything, but simply pulled up a screen and showed them how it was for him growing up in Japan.

When the screen disappeared she said, "He understand you better than you think and as you saw he lost his parents in the great quake and tsunami that hit twelve years ago.

Maybe he didn't want her to be alone and parent less, maybe he had seen too much suffering in a place that has been his home and thought that helping one person was giving back to a place that he used to call home."

They looked at each other and hung their heads, Gabriella excused herself and walked out leaving them to contemplate what they have seen.

As she headed over to Yuuya's parents paradise, as she entered she looked around at the cold paradise she saw before her.

She asked lost in their choice, "Do you love winter this much?"

Yuuya's mother said sounding cold and distant, "We will have no warmth here until we are all together again. Why have you come to see us?"

She said bluntly, "I want to know your thoughts on the man who is raising your son Yuuya."

The woman's smile beamed as tears streaked her face, her husband looked at her puzzled.

She grabbed her husband kissed him and finally said, "He kept his word. Honey he kept his word, before I died, I told him our son was named Yuuya, he said that is what we will call him, he also promised that my child would know about me. I didn't have time to tell him where you were."

She asked still crying, "What do wish to know about him? Not that I have seen him much as I can't watch over him."

Gabriella smiled and showed what he had carved into the tree under which she was buried, it read 'here lies an unknown woman who gave birth to Yuuya Bordeaux and asked a stranger to raise him as his own, she gave her life for his in this greatest of all acts of love, she is smiling on him from this day on and will always be welcome in my home and his.'

As she looked at the snow melting before her eyes she heard the sounds of crying coming from Yuuya's mother.

She said sobbing, "He kept his word, for all this time I thought he hadn't and he even welcomes spirits like us in to his house."

She looked at Gabriella and said, "I am sorry I can't tell you anything about the man watching Yuuya."

Just as Gabriella was about to ask why, she heard the woman say, "Because anything I would say would just be me telling you how wonderful he is. Can we go to Yuuya's home and watch over him."

Gabriella smiled and said, "Henri has invited you and that means you can. Please tell Yuuya that Henri is still alive, they told his sister that Henri is missing in action, he is fine and hopefully soon they will find him.

They will be sent to France the home of Henri's brother and sister, you can visit Yuuya, but be careful Henri invited you into his home and not theirs."

Gabriella smiled and thanked them for their help, as she walked out of their paradise and flew off to transit, her brother's words came back to her and she realized that he had played her knowing she would go and find out what he already knew.

Lucifer was most certainly in a different league when it came to putting his intelligence to use.

Opening a rift on to the largest of the three moons that orbited Alirota and opened a screen and started watching over Henri and waiting.

She had two jobs, first was the part of her job she truly loved and that was placing a new soul in the growing body that would be its home, she did this for all humans since as her brother put it they were her children.

She looked down at half of the soul that would be Henri's daughter with Belarbreena, held in a device called the cage of souls meant for carrying souls to and from their body on the Prime Material Plane, this allowed the soul to live outside of a body or the great flow that all souls were made from.

Her second job was to present herself to Henri when the time was right. As she sat on he moon watching Henri as he slept, waiting for the right time to place the new soul into the new life that would be Henri and Balar's child and contemplating what her brother and the others had said.

12