Distorted: Swamp Doll

Story Info
A paranormal story about a black female college student.
4.8k words
6.2k
3
0

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 02/05/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Fawnie Dimple let out a sigh as she walked the streets of Weepyville, Michigan. She was visiting the city and only had a few more hours until she had to be back in Obsidian, Florida where she attended college. Fawnie Dimple was 22 years old, stood at about 5'4 and weighed around 130lbs. Her skin was really dark, similar to the color of a Godiva milk chocolate bar.

She was a track athlete, short distance and hurdles. Being extremely dedicated to the sport, Fawnie weight trained and did high intensity intervals quite regularly which accounted for her athletic and slightly curvy physique. The cold, irritable weather was annoying her to no end. Particles of snow became stuck in her long coarse raven locks as the winds swept through.

Fawnie kept walking, tugging at her hoody as she felt close to bone chilling gust. With chattering teeth, the 22 year old dark skinned young woman hissed, "Fucking hell! Where is this damn candy shop?"

Her dark brown eyes narrowed as she turned the corner near the Big Eights pool hall and that's when the sign for 'Sweet Treats', the candy shop, would be noticed. Her mood perked and with a dash, she went over to building. Upon lifting a cold hand to the equally cold door knob, poor Fawnie discovered that it was locked, "Closed? Damn it! It must be due to the weather." Frowning and anxious to get more offerings for her spirit, she'd slide a hand into her pink gummy bear purse and pull out a pen and paper.

She lifted the paper and placed it against the door and leaned in a bit and wrote a letter. It would read,

"Hey, umm. I need few things made:

2 White rum flavored cupcakes- white trimmed with Blue icing.

1 small white cake trimmed with blue icing that says "Bless me, Noir Sirene"

Tons of molasses if you got it.

These need to be made exactly as stated or very bad things could happen and I totally won't fucking pay you.

Thank you, Fawnie Dimple."

After finishing, she gently folded the paper in half and slid it between the space of the hinge and door. She'd mutter, "Hopefully they'll see this" before turning around and quickly heading to the bus stop. A few minutes later, the bus would arrive with a roar, the smog making her cough as the vehicle came to a halt. "What's the next stop?" she called out to the driver.

The driver replied, "The Weepywoods Trailer Park".

Fawnie gave him a nod and boarded, raising her pass before taking a seat. When her stop came, she'd eagerly exit and make her way to her boyfriend, Duncan's trailer.

When the evening came, she'd head back to Obsidian with him. Duncan and Fawnie had been friends since Duncan's junior year of high school. Duncan was 19 years old, about 5'11, slightly muscular with deep blue piercing eyes, sun kissed skin, and light brown hair. The two had begun dating during his senior year of High school.

After graduating, he chose to attend Crystal University with Fawnie. He joined the track team to spend more time with her.

The train ride back to Obsidian would be spent sleeping by Fawnie. Duncan, however, kept himself busy by finishing up class assignments.

His dark blue eyes strained to stay opened. He applied a gentle hand on his girlfriend's shoulder as he leaned over to whisper in her ear, "Hey Fawnster, we're back. Let's get our bags and go back to the campus."

Fawnie was in a blissful slumber which ended when feeling the Duncan's hand on her shoulder. Her lashes flutter and soon her eyes opened wide. Once she remembered where they were and why, a nod would be given.

Duncan was already standing so he extended a hand to assist Fawnie if she needed it. "Come on! It's already late as it is. You know how bad the streets of Obsidian get around these hours and later. Unless we want to find trouble, we need to make like smoke and get the fuck on!"

Fawnie took Duncan's hand and carefully stood to her feet. His words served as a quick snap back to reality. He was right. With all the bombings and shootings going on in the city lately, it was best to avoid being out as much as possible.

"You're right, D. I'm ready, let's get going." Fawnie released his hand and quickly collected her bags and rushed off the train.

Duncan would grab his bags and follow.

Luckily the campus was extremely close the train station. The two made it back safety. They'd hug before parting ways.

Duncan headed to his dorm and Fawnie head to her room in the AOS, Alpha Theta Sigma, sorority house. She would fall in a deep sleep shortly after.

Fawnie was awakened by the vexing sound of the alarm on her phone. Her body rose from the bed, covers falling to the floor and her hair a mess. The time read '4:30am.' The frazzled young woman raced downstairs to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. Inside, she found a shelf full of her previously made meals.

Fawnie was quite the health fanatic and fitness fiend. This was one of the reasons why she was joined the track team and did really well at the sport.

in order to stay on on top of her diet, she made sure to prepared all of her meals for the week every Sunday.

She walked over to the table and had her meal of egg whites, mixed berries and rolled oats. Most might have gagged at each bite, but not Fawnie. She loved it! After finishing, she cleaned up any mess that had been made and headed back up stairs.

Once upstairs, Fawnie removed a pink bobby pin from her hair and shoved it into the keyhole on the door to one of her sorority sisters' rooms. She picked and jabbed at the lock until the knob finally budged. The room belonged to young woman named Ashley, who of which, Fawnie had been in several altercations with. She grinned as the door opened.

Looking around, it appeared that no one was around. Score! She'd close the door behind her and began rummaging around in search of a laptop. Once she found it, the grin would widen into an almost toothy smile. The mischievous coed would tap at the keyboard until the screen lit up. Her giddy mood would shift into one of annoyance when she was presented with a message stating 'Enter password', Groaning,

"Fucking, really?"

She thought for bit on what the password might be. It would take three incorrect answers until she typed in 'Slutmiffin18' which was much to her surprise, correct! She'd lift a hand, pressing it over her mouth to silence the giggle that was begging to be released. Afterwards, she'd quickly pull up the internet browser and log into her email, reading over the message from the owner of Sweet Treats.

She'd reply back,

"Good Evening Jenni, Thank you for replying and agreeing to do this order. I need it by the end of the month. I would like the molasses in a separate container. A few gummies would be fine. Thanks again!"

She'd swiftly hit send before logging out of her email and running out of the room, forgetting to log out of the user account.

Fawnie went back into her room and threw on whatever she could find, a black sports bra, a purple tank top, a white pair of yoga pants, and her pink converse sneakers. She'd grab her backpack and exit the house and head to start her shift at the Perky Pie Pizzeria.

Blue Steel would walk into Fawnie house. He'd quietly make his way up stairs and stop when he sees an altar in the middle of the room. He'd look around for a moment before walking up to it. He'd pick up some of the items that had been placed upon it and smell them before placing them back down where he had gotten them. He'd look and see the pictures that the shrine was dedicated to. He didn't know or see where Fawnie was but he would wait there until her return.

Fawnie Dimple had finished up her shift at the pizzeria. She still couldn't believe she was actually managing the place. Mary, the owner, had been so kind to promote her after only two months on the job. Instead of going back to the sorority house, Fawnie wanted to spend some time at her home in Hematite, the swampy backwoods on the outskirts of Obsidian.

As she waited at the bus stop, her teammate, Amber who preferred to be called Rage, would be seen pulling up to the pizzeria in a dark blue truck. Rage's long magenta wavy hair, grey eyes, tanned skin, and sensuous build made her quite the alluring site. Rage stood at about 5'7 and was 24 years old.

Fawnie rose to her feet and called to woman, arms waving wildly,

"Hey, Rage! You busy?"

The car window was already rolled down, so Rage was able to hear her petite dark skinned teammate's call. The magenta haired rebel waved back to Fawnie, motioning for her to get in the vehicle,

"Hey Fawnster! Nah, ain't busy. You need a lift?"

Rage hated the idea of one of her friends taking the bus. That was so basic bitch status in her opinion.

Fawnie nodded and walked to the vehicle, extending a hand to the handle and then opening the door before hopping inside. She'd close the door, fasten the seat belt, and look to Rage with smile,

"Thank you. I owe ya one."

Rage would wave a hand at Fawnie, smiling salaciously

"No problem. You know I got your back!"

She'd flash Fawnie a wink and hit the road, speeding the whole way.

Fawnie was nervous about how fast Rage was going when they reached the swampy area. Soon they'd arrive at her home and Fawnie would exit the truck car and wave goodbye to her friend. After Rage waved back and left, Fawnie would unlock the door and rush inside.

She'd make sure to close and lock the door as quickly as when she had opened it. The main floor resembled a church or temple. The evening sky shinned through the stained glass windows, allowing her to be able to navigate her way around and up the stairs without turning on the lights. With a slight creaking sound, the door to her room would open.

She'd enter and see Blue. Blue was a friend and ex lover whom she had met last year in Weepyville. Their relationship didn't work out due to Blue's lack of honesty about his criminal lifestyle that involved, drug dealing, rapes, assault, and even murder.

He was 24 years old, stood at 6'4 with a muscular build, tattoos on each arm, blue eyes, and a fair skinned complexion. His hair was of light golden locks. Fawnie waited till the door shut before greeting him. Upon hearing the familiar thud of the door closing, she grinned and waved, "Hello Stranger. To what do I owe your presence?"

A few steps would be taken by Fawnie, her exotic features as well as her shapely physique would be graced by the dim lighting at each movement. Her round dark brown eyes locked to the man's deep blues. She'd notice he was at the altar and would say with a slight chuckle, "Meet Noir Sirene. She's the spirit guiding me and one of my ancestors. Noir Sirene, meet Blue."

Blue Steel would be looking around the dim room. His golden colored bat would reflect what little dim light was shining through, like a sword in the night. As he hears the door downstairs open and shut he'd draw his sword and stand in the corner of the room. He couldn't remember if he had locked the door or not, and If a burglar had followed him in, then the thief would get more than they bargained for with him.

He'd hear the light footsteps coming up the stairs and his heart would race and he readies himself he'd pull the bat up in a cocked motion so that if the lights came on he'd be ready to swing when he saw it.

As the lights turn on, he'd see her and pause as he realizes that who he was waiting on had merely came home.

He'd reason his paranoia with the cliché that it was better to be safe than sorry. He would think it was odd that she hadn't been startled by his presence but then the younger woman had been acting differently lately.

He'd listen to her speak and look back to the altar. He'd nod to the picture in an attempt humor Fawnie. When she asks her question he'd slide the bat back into the straps on his back.

"Well I spoke to Juice yesterday. It seems there is some bad news in the family." he'd close his eyes, and stay quiet in regards to the news, as he doesn't was to ruin any good mood she would be in. "but I am here to learn more about this stuff. If I'm to be of help to you, I'll need to learn as much as I can after all right?"

After Juice and Duncan had left the diner the other day, the half clothed Blue would have been numb with thought, and shock. He had walked topless through the freezing weather in Michigan. He would have come back to reality later standing in front of the harbor in Weepyville. He had been contemplating his life choices and the role his dying friend had had in his life, and mourning the loss of his unborn son.

It had only been when two strangers had kindly placed their hand on his shoulder had he realized that he needed to spend time with the family he had left for the time being, and to put his own needs on the back burner. This was the way he had handled all of the problems in his life. He had bottled them up, never to be talked about again.

Fawnie was still grinning and was totally oblivious to Blue's bat. When he nodded to the altar dedicated to Noir Sirene, her grin widened into a smile. Her eyes flickered in approval. She knew he was just being funny though. She'd walk over and set a white and blue cupcake on the altar and lean into the portrait and whisper,

"Tis a pleasure and an honor to serve you, Noir Sirene."

Fawnie would then look over Blue, listening as he speaks. She quirked a brow as he didn't actually say what the bad news was. She would then remember the conversation Juice had with her about Slush's miscarriage and Jeremiah's health and decide not to press him, "I'm sorry..." Relaxing her brow, she'd lift her arms and cross them over her chest when he expressed interest in learning about her practices.

"Oh, okay. Well, I was told to seek a relationship with my ancestor in order to practice magic. One of the ways to that is to honor them and show respect by making altars dedicated to them."

She'd point a finger back to the blue altar covered with white and blue candles, dessert cakes, a mirror, and the portrait.

" Noir Sirene, is the ruler of vanity, as she loves to look at herself in her mirror. She is a very beautiful mermaid, a siren and just so happens to be an ancestor of mine. She is very enchanting and can sometimes lure people into the depths of her waters with her singing. She is a tireless spirit, and is known as a wonderful worker, meaning, if you serve her and need her assistance, she works very hard to help you. She rules the moon too. In her role of siren, she is a temptress. Noir Sirene has the ability to hypnotize people with her beauty. Many say that she is thus deceptive. She rules over dreams and can often be seen there. She can bestow great wealth and beauty upon her children and servants. If you don't serve her well, she can take it all away and even drown you. I have seen her in the waters. It happened two days ago when I was by the swamps in the dawn hours."

The expression on her face would display a great sincerity despite how loony she may have sounded to him.

Blue would see Fawnie smile and assume he had done something that pleased her. He would watch as she places a cupcake on the altar and he'd listen but wouldn't be able to make out all of what she said while she was bent over. He would arch a brow when she quirks hers and gives him the apology, He would assume she had already heard.

He'd listen when she points to the altar and informs him what Noir Sirene did and what she influenced, he would note that her name made sense Sirene is a siren just like in Greek times. They lured people to their deaths in the water.

He'd nod as she tells him that she had seen Noir Sirene a few days ago.

He'd be cautious as in Greek times when you saw them they most likely were trying to kill you, but perhaps this was different.

"So is it a good thing you saw her?", He'd chuckle slightly to ease any awkward tension but this was serious to her and he wanted it to be equally important to him. That and with the way Obsidian was going lately, he wasn't about to turn away anything that might aid him, even in the slightest way.

Fawnie listened as Blue replied, hoping she explained it well enough for him to at least grasps the basics.

When Blue asked if Fawnie's sighting of Noir Sirene was a good or bad thing, Fawnie smiled and replied, "It's a good thing, of course. It means she's pleased with my offerings and service. I ordered more offerings for her from Sweet Treats. Maybe after that, I'll be blessed with beauty and stronger intuitive senses."

She'd bend at the knees, lowering herself to the floor, untying the laces of her pink sneakers before carefully sliding a foot from each shoe.

When she explains to him that her sighting was indeed and good sign and that meant she was doing well on her offerings, he would smile and say "That's awesome, and you're beautiful as is".

Blue would let her take the compliment however she would. He'd return her kind smile and take a step towards the door.

"I'll have to do some research on these ancestors and spirits to see which I feel I could serve best."

He'd raise his hand to bid her goodbye, and unless she had other business to discuss with him he'd quickly and quietly make his way out of her house. He turned the latch as he exited, so that the door would lock behind him. Fawnie blushed upon hearing his complement and lifted a hand, brushing a strand of raven hair from her face.

She'd wave as Blue exited and then fixed herself a meal of grilled curried tempeh, kale, and asparagus smothered in coconut oil. After finishing, she'd clean up, jump into bed, and immediately fall asleep. It had been a long day for the young college athlete.

The following morning, Fawnie was on shift at the pizzeria. She was in the midst of writing up a vegetarian and vegan menu to test out when she noticed a man walk up to the window. The man was tall, well dressed, and slender with dark brown skin.

Fawnie would lift a hand and wave but the man didn't react. She shrugged as was used to that type of behavior in the city so it didn't affect her mood. The man lit up a cigarette and locked his eyes on Fawnie.

Soon he motioned for the young woman to come outside. Gio, the chef, noticed this and placed a hand on Fawnie's shoulder and leaned in, whispering,

"Just give me the word and I'll call the cops. I'm pretty sure that's loitering."

Gio wouldn't be able to forgive himself if something happened to Fawnie on his watch. She had brought a much needed boost of spirits to the pizzeria ever since her first day on the job.

He removed his hand from her shoulder and reached for his pistol. Fawnie shook her head at the strange man and shifted her gaze to Luigi,

"I'm gonna head out. I have class in a few. If he's not gone in ten minute's call the cops and if he dares to come inside, blew is fucking brains out."

Gio gave Fawnie a nod, "Got it", and kept his eyes on the man.

Fawnie quickly grabbed her gameboy designed backpack, walked through the arcade area, and left the back exit.

Luckily, the bus stop was by the building, so she'd take a seat there and pull a can of mace from her pocket. The strange man would turn around and head the opposite way of Fawnie.

Five minutes later, the shuttle to the campus would arrive. She'd eagerly hop on and once at the campus, run to the class room.

Thankfully, the lecture was a short one. Fawnie was out in less than 2 hours.

She made her way to the campus café to grab a coffee before heading to the gym. Stopping at one of the picnic tables in the courtyard, she took a seat and lifted the beverage to her mouth.

The first sips would be to test the temperature. When it appeared to be cool enough, she downed it and tossed the cup in trash. She then stood up and dashed to the gym. Her gloss covered lush lips would curl into smirk when she saw Rage beginning a workout. This was rare. All season she hadn't seen much of the magenta haired rebel once in the gym.

12