Divorce Can Be Good for You

Story Info
A divorced guy repositions to get his life going again.
6.4k words
4.46
41.9k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 1

Nigel Summers hurt. Finding out your choice of woman doesn't love you anymore -- if she ever did -- hurts. Being divorced by her hurts. He fucking hurt all over. He'd lost his job -- he'd become too sad-faced and was depressing his team said the boss when firing him.

Surprisingly Nigel didn't have time to brood or run in front of an eighteen-wheeler. The boss of a rival firm Sunrise Management called and said he heard Nigel had been fired. They had become acquainted attending regional meetings and national conventions.

"Want a job?"

"Yeah."

"A little more enthusiasm would be appreciated."

"Oh sorry. Yes Cliff, I need money."

Cliff who'd been divorced three times said, "You've going through post- divorce depression. Find some chick and fuck her ass off and your sense of manliness will come rushing back."

"Are you thinking of your sour-puss daughter?"

"You lay one finger on her Nigel, and you're dead."

Nigel laughed...for the first time for a very long time he laughed and Cliff said he was pleased he'd got Nigel's motor going.

The pay and conditions were an improvement on Nigel's last job with Allied Management Services, where he'd supervised twenty people providing management services to small companies. This time he had a team of thirty-three people.

As Cliff would have expected Nigel to do he wrote to all eight-four of clients his previous team was servicing to thank them for the relationship he'd enjoyed establishing with them and gave the name of his new firm. At no stage in that letter did his solicit business and thereby face possible legal repercussions. All the same, twelve of those clients advised Nigel's former employer they were switching to Nigel's new employer. Cliff handed him a $10,000 bonus and said, "Now get supervising my friend; I regard you as a prime employee."

Cliff looked at some hookers, thinking of what Cliff had said about fucking himself out of depression, but he was nervous about their level of hygiene and them thinking about money instead of concentrating on the job in hand (or mouth).

He was in the supermarket when a big fat bitch rammed his trolley and snarled get out of the way of a lady. Nigel was too astounded to bad-mouth her. Still in the same aisle another woman locked trolleys with him. Fury leapt to control him. He opened his mouth but she got in first.

"Oh excuse me. My bad driving. I was looking for mouth wash."

Cliff said, "It's okay. Here let me get this sorted."

There was nothing to untangle of course because the trolleys were designed to be collusion tangle-proof. He made a bit of a show of pulling them apart and Mrs Shopper said, "Oh, you look very strong."

"Gym and running," he said modestly. "Coffee?"

He had no idea why he said coffee.

"Well I was going to have one."

Have one what?

"Come on," she smiled and walked to the side of the supermarket that opened into a coffee shop that Cliff couldn't remember ever seeing before. Perhaps he was dreaming.

Mrs Shopper -- she was married, he'd seen the rings -- was reasonably attractive, a little too thin for his tastes but she appeared to bubble. He liked women showing personality.

They parked their trolleys.

"I'm Shona."

"Oh hi Shona, I'm Nigel."

She chose coffee and a cream cake and he coffee and a piece of fruitcake.

They sat and she said, "This is very nice."

He didn't even nod.

"Are you attempting to pick me up?"

He didn't know what to say so nodded.

"Oh god."

Nigel felt concern so asked, "What?"

"I thought it would never happen to me. I think these things you see. I thought the prerequisite was a big bust and strong-looking hips?"

"Women who look more petite are very okay."

"Oh really?"

Shona followed Nigel home. As he unlocked the door and she went in she said, "I enjoy fucking."

Well, Nigel thought, it that didn't lift his depression what would?

Shona did an almost passable strip for him while he unbuckled. She then filled her mouth with him and they were underway. He lifted her on to the table, she still wiping her mouth, and they both watched his long thin cock enter her until his balls squeezed against her, under her pussy.

"Oh my goodness, that was so erotic," she said. "My husband and I only do it on our bouncy bed."

That comment increased Nigel's length slightly and then watching her tits, found quite unexpectedly that small tits bounced. That little erotic discovery hardened him to absolute maximum.

"This is lovely," Shona puffed. "Much better than I usually get at home."

He later carried her to the sofa where she hunched up on to her knees and he gave it to her doggy. Tired, he then lay on the sofa and she rode him cowgirl, doing a great job and to his surprise got him away one more time.

Nigel ran a bath for her and then made lunch.

As she was leaving Shona said, "Goodbye Nigel. We won't do this again. I just had to try adultery. I'll remember this as one of the greatest days in my adult life."

"You're a lovely woman Shona and worked your heart out. Thank you. I too have had a great day."

And then she was gone. Nigel thought he was too tired to feel depressed. It had been his best Saturday in years. Well, he thought, if a brief relationship like that can be that great, divorce might be good for you.

The next morning he took a call.

"Hi, it's Debra"

"Hello Debra," he said cautiously. "Do I know you?"

"You know of me."

"Well that's fine. How may I help you?"

"Dad said you were interested in me."

Nigel's mind clicked over.

"Are you Cliff Nixon's daughter?"

"Yes."

"Why would Cliff have told you that?"

She laughed and said, "You described me as a sour-puss. He knows no-one else who'd have the guts to say that to him and thinks you are the stimulus I need."

Nigel said Cliff had identified him as suffering post-divorce depression.

Debra said in her father's experience that would pass. "I'm allowed to take out the launch today if you know about boats. He understands you do."

"Yeah, I ran a 31-foot cruiser but had to sell it along with other assets as part of the divorce settlement but I got to keep the house."

"That's why divorces are bad for you; I keep telling dad that. I'm the product of his first marriage."

"Well tell me about the boat."

"A 48ft aft-cabin motor yacht with twin diesels and set up for laid-back cruising."

"A mate has something similar and my non-boating ex and I went away on a couple of vacations alone and being cooped up together like that is probably what started the divorce."

"I love boats."

Nigel said sourly, "And I'm suppose to like you because you do?"

"Go to hell."

"Wait! Give me some rope. You know I'm still bitter."

"Very well. Meet me down a berth X38 at Westgate Marina at 10:30. Just bring sunnies, a jacket and your nicest disposition."

"I think I can managed that. Are you sure this is okay with your dad?"

"Just a moment."

Nigel heard Debra say to someone in the background, "He had a 31-footer and took a pal's 48-footer away on a vacation. Are you happy about that?"

"Yeah. Take my card to refuel when you return and check the water tank."

That clearly was Cliff's voice.

"Take condoms dear," called a feminine voice.

What the hell?

Debra returned to talk to Nigel. "Yes, dad's happy. Don't be late."

Some distance off Nigel spotted her on the deck. She ignored his approach, pulling on a shirt to cover her top but he saw enough to know she was well packaged. The legs below her bikini bottom looked good enough to drool over.

"Hi Miss Nixon." He thought she needed winding up.

"Debra thank you. What's the heavy stuff in your bag?"

"Vodka and martini mix."

"Step aboard sailor," she smiled. "You look better than I expected. I've only seen you in the distance when I come down occasionally to your floor."

"Does this mean I'm in line for promotion already?"

She didn't answer so that told him what this was about. Cliff wanted it to happen but she was not sure and wanted to check him out.

Fuck her; no way was he going to step back. "If you think I'm going to pee in your pants and do other groveling to get a desk on the executive floor you are wasting your time."

She said nothing but her face burned.

"Or is it you want to cut my dick off for dare to call you sour-puss? I've glimpsed you with Cliff around town."

"Did it occur to you I just wanted a day out on the water, that my step-mom has bullied dad to help weed her garden and I could find no one else available at such sort notice to crew, so dad suggested you?"

"Oh sure, that's very plausible. I'll buy it just to make you happy. Why haven't you got the engines warming up?"

"I was leaving that to you." Then she colored and said no that was a lie. She'd forgotten to do that. "That's why dad insists I always have someone knowledgeable to go out with me.

"Your write a checklist to your mind and before you know it, it becomes second nature."

"What?"

"Do you cook?"

"Of course I do."

"Do you cook from recipe books?"

"Rarely."

"Why not"

"Because..." She stopped and said oh very clever. "I cook without looking at books because I have written as you call it the steps to memory."

"You know, with you saying that with grace, we may surprise ourselves by finding we are compatible."

"I'm not having you as chief operations manager unless you are."

She colored and swore.

"That's unladylike. I led you into making that admission. Could we leave office politics aside and just have a great time out on the water. Do you fuck?"

Debra's eyes narrowed. "You are setting out to make me dislike you. Why?"

"The truth is I'm hoping your are into casual fucking and you are a sour-puss because nothing much it going right for you. I thought I could provoke you into properly firing your boilers because unless that happens nothing much will change for you."

"Dad said you'd provoke me."

"Your father only looks stupid Debra."

She looked ready to swing one on him but then her shoulders relaxed and she smiled.

Nigel said, "Go start the engines Debra while I'll go into the saloon and mix us a drink."

"Aye, aye captain."

Nigel looked around and in the aft stateroom smiled, noting a 6-pack of condoms along with hairbrush and comb and her makeup kit beside her open handbag. He made the martinis and took them up to the front enclosed fly bridge.

"Thanks, do you want to take her out?"

"No, every time you do it is practice. Just slow everything down to give yourself time to think beyond what is happening."

"My father says exactly that."

"As did my father to me."

Debra looked at him unflinchingly. "You appear to be a prick, but underneath might be okay."

Nigel kept his face straight and leaving his drink unfinished in the holder said he'd go down and cast off, leaving the bow line intact awaiting her instruction.

* * *

Debra Nixon was thirty-one and behind her were two broken engagements because the males had turned out to be treacherously unfaithful. As with Nigel, she had a master's degree in business administration. She was aware he was thirty-three. Her father had agreed to promote Owen Fordyce to replace the retiring chief operations officer but then her father had hired Nigel and then three weeks later, when they were due to offer Owen the promotion, her father had started talking about preferring Nigel. She'd told him that as CEO it was her decision but her father had said oh yeah, she'd better re-read her contact that stated all senior appointments required the approval of the executive-chairman.

She'd sworn at him and her father just laughed and that is when he said Nigel had called her a sour puss. It took her father some time to calm her down. She'd enquired amongst people she knew well in Nigel's department to build up evidence to show her father was backing the wrong horse but the feedback was surprisingly in Mr Smart Ass's favor. On another tack, when enquiring with the director of finance she sent Debra figures indicating the earnings in billings per person had begun an upward curve in that department. She looked as his CV and his degree was arguably of higher quality than hers and his performance at university outmatched hers.

On Saturday night when visiting her parents for dinner, Debra talked to her father about the vacancy and said she was prepared to accept Nigel if she thought he and she could be compatible.

He'd said did she mean emotionally or professionally. She'd colored and said emotionally because it appeared he was very competitive and she didn't want to risk being engaged in never-ending conflict.

"Why don't you take him out on Ocean Spree; she's free tomorrow because your step-mom has me on gardening detail. There's no better place to find out things about a person when out cruising without other distractions."

She'd agreed with that and so had called Nigel to see if her was available to cruise with her.

Now Debra had the shocking thought, remembering she'd left things out of her handbag on the bed beside it. What if he'd gone into the master stateroom and seen them?

"Could you take the helm please? I need to go, um, to the bathroom."

"Sure, what heading?"

"Um, just sail our present course and keep clear of other craft."

She went into the aft stateroom and cringed. Even from the doorway she could see the familiar shape of a pack of condoms. She went into the bathroom and peed in shame. God, what would he think of Miss Whore?

She went up to the fly bridge.

"Um, can I ask you something?"

"Sure," he said, scanning on both sides and straight ahead, as a good helmsman should do.

"D-d-did you g-go into the m-main stateroom."

His reply blew her away. "Would you prefer me to lie or to tell the truth?"

She swallowed. "Would you like another drink?"

"Yes please, coffee."

She scuttled away.

In the galley she thought god the guy was good. He's answered and she didn't have an answer to his counter-question. At first she though of course he'd been in the cabin and seen the condoms and just as she was nodding acceptance of that she thought, what if he wondered what the hell was she talking about?

Debra clutched the sides of her head and groaned, She then recalled her father saying when out cruising with some one without other distractions there's not better way of finding out about a person.

Well?

She didn't know. Perhaps some men seeing the condoms would have bared their teeth under such questioning and have said something like, "Am I about to get lucky?"

She groaned and then thought perhaps he didn't know anything about condoms. Well that was straining credibility wasn't it?

She then had an even worse thought: He was demonstrating his superiority over her.

With a heavy heart she went up to the fly bridge.

He smiled at her and she felt cobwebs falling away.

"There's a bay up ahead. So you want to anchor and we can swim or fuck or even talk about you promoting me?"

Had he said fuck? She opened her mouth and bleated, 'Yes, let's anchor and talk about your future."

"Why are you denying me your cunt?"

Debra was certain her hearing hadn't malfunctioned but no way would she ask what had he just said.

"Here -- give me my coffee and take the helm."

She obeyed.

"You have great tits and a great ass Debra."

Her mouth went dry but she managed, "Thank you Nigel."

"I like fucking; do you?"

How the hell could she answer that?

Nigel put down his coffee cup and moved in behind her. With incredible ease he pressed against her, his hand shot down under the bottom of her shirt, into her bikini bottom and a finger went into her wetness. "Oooh, you're more that ready."

"P-please. Let's anchor."

"Oh sure, we don't want to run a $300,000 boat aground while you're fucking me legless."

"N-Nigel. Please take over," she whispered, as she convulsed and creamed his hand, unable to believed she'd just done that. Normally she'd whack herself a good ten minutes with a vibrator to get that result.

Four minutes later he dropped anchor and backed off at just over idling speed until confident sufficient chain was out and the anchor was set. He shut down everything and turned to Debra. She was on the wrap-around lounge seat and stroking a bared tit.

Nigel felt he was responsible for her condition and that she might be distressed about it.

"Er, can I be of assistance?"

Debra raised her arms for him and groaned.

He allowed her to wrap her arms around him and he said, "I don't wish to take unfair advantage of you."

"Just fuck me you idiot," she groaned.

Nigel fumbled with her shirt buttons. She sighed and pulled her unbuttoned shirt over her head. He pushed her bikini top under the mass and started licking flesh and nipple. She groaned and pushed his head in hard so he bit a nipple, quite hard and she groaned, "Yes, yes" and fumbled beneath him to undo the sides of her bikini bottom and that was tossed on the deck.

He smelt pussy.

"I smell aroused pussy."

She giggled and told him to bury his head in it.

Well the undressing, mutual maneuvering and encouragement continued until at last he sank seven inches of throbbing cock into her. They both groaned.

"Are you protected?"

"Yes," she groaned and ask was he clean. He said he was sure as he could be and at that she began thrusting against him.

She was a good fuck... expressive without screaming, actively pushing back and squeezed his balls when she wanted him to come.

Debra stood up afterwards, cum and her juices running down her thighs and said, "You asshole, you took advantage of me."

"Twice I asked if you were sure you wanted it."

"I was emotionally over-charged."

"That's how most women want to be when fucked, especially with a new guy."

"Well I didn't."

"That's bullshit Debra and you know it. Go down and have a shower and a nap. I'll get us home."

When Nigel docked he checked the stateroom and she was still asleep. He made everything shipshape and wrote her a note. 'I had a lovely day. Thank you except for the time at the end when you turned on me. Fuck the promotion. I could never work with a bitch. I'll lock the rear door and push the key through the ventilator screen just above it. The key should land on the floor.'

Early on Monday morning Nigel was called to the executive chairman's office.

"What have to say for yourself?"

"Nothing except to say your boat is in good nick, well maintained."

"Debra said your sexual attention to her was unwelcome."

"Did you question her closely?"

"No but I'm interested in what you have to say."

"I have nothing to say."

"I could fire you."

"That's your prerogative.

"Damn you Nigel, you are making it so difficult to me. You show no guilt, you provide no defense. Whom am I believe?"

"Your daughter expects your loyalty. May I go now?"

"Yes, back to your office. No way am I firing you."

"Thank you sir?"

"Thank you sir? What's happened to you calling me Cliff?"

"I'm uncertain that I have your trust sir."

Cliff bellowed, "Get the fuck out of my office. I know what this is about. My daughter can't handle you."

Well you have to be up very early in the morning to catch Nigel Summers out, Nigel thought, winking at the executive-chairman's startled PA who must have heard the boss shouting.

Nigel went to his office, scribbled out his resignation and went to HR and left it with the receptionist. He then went home, packed and within the hour was driving off to stay with his mother's baby sister Milly and husband Uncle Robert.

Aunt Milly, only seven years his senior, had practically no tits so passed almost unnoticed by her nephew when they were together at family functions. He drove the 280 miles to their home and she was delighted to see him.

"You'll stay won't you -- please say please?"

12