Dixie

Story Info
She was the perfect maid.
37.1k words
4.63
54.8k
28

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/26/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

by Philip Johnson

Chapter One

"Rita, have Loren stop by when he gets a chance. I should be done with my meeting in an hour or less. No better yet pick a time, and I can meet him at Bernard's for a cocktail."

"Okay is there anything he needs to bring to the meeting?"

"No. Okay make it for the end of the day, say five or so."

"Five it is, and unless he's out, I'll have him there."

"Thanks. I'd call him myself, but I'm running late." Frank ducked out through the backdoor of his office and down the hall to his meeting as Rita called Loren's office.

"Loren Bank's office."

"Hi Betty, is Loren there?"

"He will be in about ten minutes."

"Tell him to meet Frank at Bernard's at five for a cocktail."

"I'll tell him. Must be nice to go to Bernard's for a cocktail on the company tab."

"You and I will never know."

"That's for sure, talk to you later," and they hung up.

Loren found Frank at his usual table and the waiter was there before he could sit down, "Vodka martini no olives."

"Yes sir," Frank raised his glass to say he wanted another and the waiter left.

Frank said, "Sorry I didn't call you earlier, but it's been one of those days."

"Not a problem. I knew you were meeting with the Jemison group this afternoon. How did that go by the way?"

"Not too bad. We didn't get it wrapped up like I would have liked, but we'll finish next Tuesday. Anyway, I thought you could use a good drink to end the week."

"A good drink at the end of the day is never a bad thing."

"I agree." Their drinks arrived and they raised their glasses to each other and took a taste. "Okay, I'll share something with you and that will make this official office business. There's an upper management retreat at the Radisson in Chicago, and I thought both of us should attend. They have it divided into areas of interest with the last day being a combined session. That means, that once we're there we'll go our separate ways and then meet up for dinner. Rita has the details but I think...don't hold me to this, but I think it's a couple of weeks away yet."

"Sounds good. An all week event?"

"Four days. From the sounds of it, four long days though." Frank tipped his glass and drained about half of his drink and then said, "Virginia is having a very small gathering this...hell, it's tomorrow night. Sorry about the short notice, so if you can't make it we'll understand. Anyway it's just cocktails and little munchies. Very casual and out by the pool area. I think you'll know most of the few couples that are coming."

"I'm looking forward to it. I haven't seen Virginia in weeks, how is she doing?"

"She's fine and has asked about you. I guess I need a vacation or something. We've been so damn busy. Not that I'm complaining, of course, but we all have our limits."

"Maybe you and Virginia can get away after the retreat. A few days would do wonders for your spirit."

"It would that's for sure. What do you like to do when you get away?"

"I have a friend on the east coast that has a thirty foot cruiser, and I like to go down there and hang out with him and his wife for a few days and cruise Albemarle Sound or out to sea."

"Sounds very relaxing."

"It is. The uniform for the day and everyday is a swim suit. Of course they frequently have friends join us for a day or so."

"Let me guess, you drink your breakfast and toy with the women in bikinis."

Loren smiled and admitted, "That's been known to happen. My friend Chuck has a sister...a single sister, that seems chronically divorced and she and I frequently hook up for a week. She lives off of what her three exes left her as a settlement."

"Sounds like a gold digger."

"Not really, she just picks guys that are good in the business world but lousy at love."

"Well, I hope you get down there and hook up with her again."

"I'm working on it."

"I take it you're not interested in a permanent hookup."

"Nothing permanent for me right now, my housekeeper, cook, wardrobe advisor and friend is about all the permanence I can handle."

"Oh right, how is Dixie?"

"Sharp as they come, and I love her dearly...like a mother, of course."

"Right as a thirty something mother, got it."

They shared smiles and emptied their glasses, but continued to talk for a few more minutes. They were friends through business, but didn't spend a lot of after hours time together. Most times like the upcoming get together at Frank and Virginia's, would be more political than social, but Loren did enjoy those infrequent gatherings.

Chapter Two

Saturday evening, Loren was right on time and was received by Virginia. "Loren you did come, I'm so glad."

"I can't pass up a chance to see you, Virginia."

She gave him a light kiss and asked, "When are you going to start calling me Ginny?"

He smiled and said, "Give me another of your kisses and I'll start now."

She gave him a sly smile and kissed him again and touched his lips with her tongue and then asked, "Now will you call me Ginny?"

"I'll call you a couple of times a week after that kiss, Ginny." She laughed and kissed his cheek, put her arm around his waist and they made their way out to the patio.

"Okay now Loren, you're on you own for awhile. I have to see to the snacks and listen for the door." What she really meant was she had to supervise her maid.

"Don't stay away too long or I'll come looking for you." He liked flirting with her and she liked having him do it. Neither of them took it seriously, even though she was a very good looking woman for being in the forty plus range, so a few years older than Loren. But that made her nearly twenty years younger than Frank. It's amazing the love that can be bought with money and position.

Loren made his way through the group and said hello to the ones he knew and got a drink and stood at the end of the bar to watch the milling people.

"Hi, I'm Raquel," she said from his left.

He smiled and said, "Hi Raquel, I'm Loren Banks."

"I know, Ginny told me."

"Then you had the advantage. Do you work for or with rank?"

"No, I try not to work at all. I'm Ginny's friend."

"Beauty attracts beauty, obviously."

"That's a very flattering line."

"Thank you and I'll have you know I've never used it before. Of course, I meant every word."

"Then I do thank you. I take it you work for Frank."

"Yes I do. Unlike you, I'm forced to work a lot. I found that I like money and what I can do with it."

She smiled and said, "Okay, I'll confess I do work, but not for Frank and not very hard."

"Then you've found the perfect balance. A little work and I'll assume a lot of play."

"That's my goal in life."

"Forgive me, you don't have a drink. What can I have the bartender fix for you?"

"Nothing right now. I have a low tolerance for alcohol so I have to ease into it." She paused then and said, "Caught you."

"Doing what?"

"Checking out the fourth finger of my left hand, yes that's a wedding ring and a diamond."

"A very impressive diamond at that."

"Thank you."

"Can I still flirt with you and try to ply you with alcohol?"

"Of course you can. I'll even tell you that Ginny described you to me, but she failed to warn me that you are unattached...or am I mistaken?"

"No, you're not mistaken, I'm unattached."

"Freshly or perennially?"

"Perennially."

"You'll ruin yourself. One day you'll decide you want to get married and find that no woman is willing to take the chance that you can adapt."

"I have a surrogate mother, does that count?"

She smiled and said, "Maybe I better have a drink before we get into that one. Make it a bourbon with water on the side." Loren turned and ordered the drink and a minute later handed it to her and she said, "Okay tell me about your surrogate mother."

Her name is Dixie."

"Is she really a dog?"

"Now that was unkind. I'll have you know she is a woman of about...well, she's older than me by two years. She has auburn hair about shoulder length, and she's been with me for almost four years as my maid, friend, housekeeper and style consultant. She helps me with my wardrobe, in other words."

"Are you sure she's not your mistress or something?"

"Absolutely not, in fact she's so indispensable that were I to consider marriage, the woman, would have to pass my housekeeper test."

"Okay, I'm listening."

"Well the lady in question would have to meet Dixie and get along with her before I could propose."

"Um excuse me, but wouldn't it be possible to replace her. I'm sure there are other qualified women in the area...perhaps someone older and more reliable."

"Never more reliable, Dixie has never missed a day. Older? Of course, but like I said, I like her and consider her indispensable."

"Sounds like you have the hots for her."

He smiled and said, "I wondered when you would say that. I'm serious though. She really is indispensable. She's an excellent cook, a good housekeeper, a good friend and she has an eye for color and style trends that keeps me from looking frumpy or out of date."

"Now had you said that at the beginning instead of describing her physical attributes, I wouldn't have gotten the wrong idea."

"But it was more fun doing it this way."

"I was right I needed this drink."

"Can I get you another one...perhaps a double?"

She smiled and touched his hand and said, "Thanks, but no."

Ginny came by and said, "How are you two getting along?"

I smiled and said, "Virginia, I was just telling her about Dixie."

"I thought you were going to call me Ginny."

"Maybe if you kissed me just one more time."

Ginny looked at Raquel and said, "I should have told you to keep a safe distance from Loren." She kissed him and again touched his lips with her tongue, but this time he was ready and met her tongue with his. She smiled at him and said, "I wonder if we'll have to go through this again to get you to call me Ginny."

"It's certainly possible."

Raquel was talking to some white haired woman, so he excused himself and made the rounds of the people he knew, taking a few minutes to talk to each of them. Frank was in the midst of one of the small groups and he asked me, "Did I see you flirting with our neighbor?"

"Yes you did. Well chatting actually, because judging from her response, I don't think she saw it as flirting."

"She's pretty sharp, so be careful around her."

"Oh, great, now I find that out, that's okay though, because I was flirting with Virginia too."

"Of course you were, you always do." Loren joined in talking with that small group and then moved on to visit with others. He was smart enough know that even though it was a social gathering, word could get back to Frank about how he handled himself. He behaved, but just enough so to keep out of trouble.

Chapter Three

Dixie came in at her usual eight o'clock Monday morning, and as usual she had coffee with Loren at the kitchen table. "So tell me what's new in your life, Loren."

"Let me see...not a lot I guess. I went to a cocktail...where does that word come from by the way. It has nothing to do with cocks or tails."

"First thing on a Monday morning, and you want to talk about cocks?"

"Well, I was thinking more like male chickens."

"Oh, my mistake."

"Anyway the cocktail party was at Frank and Ginny's."

"Have a good time?" she asked before sipping her coffee again.

"I did, not a great time, but it wasn't bad. I got to flirt with Ginny again, and with..."

"I thought you called her Virginia."

"That's another story, but I'll save it for another time. I met Raquel..."

"As in Raquel Welch."

"That's right. Didn't look like her much, but she wasn't bad. I flirted with her too and even talked about you."

"I'm sure your maid was a big topic of conversation."

"You were. I told her I could never marry unless the prospective bride passed the Dixie test. I called it the maid test, but actually it's my Dixie test."

"I'll pretend I can see where this is going, but why don't you elaborate."

"I just said that I could never marry any woman that didn't get along with you."

"You did not, now what did you really say?"

"I'll swear on...well, whatever, I'm telling the truth at any rate."

"We both know that isn't the truth, but thank you just the same."

"It would be easier to find a bride than find someone to replace you, so it just makes sense to me."

She stood up and said, "We can talk later when you're thinking or at least talking straight."

"Well okay, so I'm exaggerating a little."

"A whole lot I'd say. Now I'm going to change the beds and do the laundry."

"No starch in my underwear remember that."

"You are so utterly hopeless," and she left him sitting there and smiling at the walls. Then he remembered he meant to tell her about the retreat and that while he was gone, she could have a few days off. He'd wait until that Friday to surprise her by paying her for those days. He went back to the laundry room and waited until she returned from his bedroom. Her mind was far away when she came into the laundry room so she jumped and let out a little eek sound before she realized it was him.

"Do I really look that bad?"

"Damn you, I almost wet myself. You never come into the laundry room."

"I'm here on an important mission."

"To make sure I don't starch your underwear, I suppose."

"No, I trust you completely on that issue. I'm going to be out of town for several days in...hell, I don't know the dates yet, but in a couple of weeks, but while I'm gone you don't have to be here."

"Thanks for letting me know."

"I'll have the exact dates tomorrow. Okay, I'll leave now so you can change your...you know. I'm going to work so I'll see you tonight or in the morning."

As he walked out she said, "I'm changing, but I'm going to wear some of your underwear so there," and closed the laundry room door.

Chapter Four

The day before they were to fly to Chicago, Loren went to Frank's office just as Ginny came down the hall. He stopped and smiled at her as she approached and said, "Well hello, Virginia."

She stood close to him and smiled and whispered, "I'll get back to you on that." Then cool and confident she went in to Frank's office and said, "Hi hon, it's me and Loren is right behind me so behave yourself."

"Don't I always?"

"I won't interfere with you working, but you wanted me to drop that file off and I left it with Rita."

"Thanks." Ginny turned to leave and winked at Loren and sauntered out closing the door behind her. Frank shook his head and said, "She just loves to flirt with you, but if you ever made a serious pass at her, she'd crap her pants."

"She's very charming and you are very lucky."

"I guess I am. Anyway are you ready for the meeting?"

"I'm ready and no surprises."

"Good, because with us gone the rest of the week the last thing we need are surprises."

"Yeah, I'd rather not be here until midnight straightening things out."

"Oh, I almost forgot, Virginia will be going with us so she can do some shopping while were doing our thing. I hope that won't bother you."

"Of course not, it will be nice to have her with us for dinner."

"Okay then, we'll meet you at the airport at ten then."

Loren got up and said, "I'll let you know how the meeting went and I'll be at the Delta counter at ten."

When he got home, he went to his room to change and there on the bed was his suitcase all packed and ready to go. And on top of the suitcase spread out nice and flat was a pair of his underwear starched as stiff as a board. Next to his stiff underwear was a note from Dixie saying she'd be in at eight to fix him a nice breakfast to get him to Chicago. He smiled and thought that his wife to be, whenever that day came really, would have to pass the Dixie test. He smiled and ran down to the local Wal Mart and came home with a picture frame that he filled with his starched underwear and then propped it up at the kitchen table for her to find in the morning.

He waited until he heard Dixie come in the backdoor, and then paused before going to the kitchen. She was standing there looking at his underwear and smiling, "Caught you."

She turned to him and asked, "Caught me at what?"

"Staring at my underwear."

She smiled and said, "You had that all planned didn't you."

"Well of course. Now you can take them home and stare at them all you want."

"What makes you think I'd want to stare at your underwear?"

"Well, you don't think I'd wear them do you."

"The starch would wash out you know."

"Not now because I glued them in the frame."

"I've changed my mind, you are not hopeless you're sick."

"I'll bet you say that to all the guys."

"Go away and I'll fix breakfast. I'll call you when it's ready."

They had their breakfast together and over coffee Dixie asked him, "Do you want me to come in Saturday to take care of your unpacking and so forth?"

"No that's not necessary; I'll take care of that. You just enjoy your few days off and do something fun."

"I'll probably go see my parents for a couple of days."

"Well have a good visit."

"You can tell me about all of your exciting adventures in Chicago when I come in Monday."

"Don't expect much. It isn't very exciting sitting in a room that's too warm listening to somebody talk until you want to fall asleep."

"Wow, you do make it sound like thrilling."

"I'll try to put an exciting spin on it for you."

"Thanks, I wouldn't want you to put me to sleep." Dixie watched me from the doorway as I left and then waved before going back in to clean the kitchen before going home.

As Ginny put the finishing touches on packing she asked Frank for the second time, "Are you sure Loren doesn't mind my going along?"

"I told you he said it would be nice having you along. Why worry about it, you two will hardly see each other."

"I know, but I just don't want to interfere with your retreat experience."

"Don't be silly, you won't be a bother at all." She hated it when he talked down to her that way, but it wasn't worth starting an argument over, especially just before the three of them flew off to Chicago.

Franks aging knees required that he sit on the aisle seat, so that meant that Loren was in the window seat and Ginny sat next to Frank. The flight only lasted a couple of hour's air time, but with Frank dozing for most of the time, Ginny and Loren either looked out of the window or talked softly.

"Loren, I hope you don't mind me tagging along."

"I'm glad you came along. The three of us will be together for breakfast and dinner I hope, and you'll have the day to explore Chicago's downtown shopping."

She smiled and said, "And I intend to do just that, but as much as anything, it's just nice to get out of town for a few days. Frank has been so busy that we've not had time to do anything out of the ordinary."

"He really has been busy, but then he isn't happy unless he's knee deep in work."

"That puts it mildly. He complains about working so hard, but I swear that when he retires, he'll die of boredom after about the first month."

Loren put his hand on her knee and giving her a devilish smile told her, "If that unfortunate event happens, I'll be more than happy to console you."

"Loren that was an awful thing to say," but she was smiling the whole time.

Chapter Five

They deplaned, and took a taxi to the Radisson and they went to the counter to sign in. The rooms were in Frank's name, so Loren stood next to Ginny and absentmindedly watched the proceedings. That is, until a young woman in a brown pantsuit appeared and lingered not far from him. It was hard for him to be discreet and check her out at the same time, but he did his best. Good looking woman, maybe five seven, cute...no, make that nice shape. But he had to wonder what she was wearing under her jacket, because there was no visible evidence of a top of any kind. All he could see was nice cleavage all the way down to the jacket button....very sexy. It invited his eyes to delve into her chest with quick glances before looking away and picturing her in his mind, so sensual, and yet acceptable on the street, at least, as far as Loren was concerned anyway.