"Don't Miss," He Said Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"A one-week stay. We can wash in the same schedule. Here are the keys," I said, holding the keys out. Himeko went to take them from me, but I raised my arm, halting her grasp. "And this time, make it quick and clean. No stops, no exploring, get in, get out. Understood?"

"Yes, sir," she responded, a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Alright then, Hime-chan," I said, dropping the keys into her hand, "go get them terrorists."

Himeko hurried out of the house. I heard the car pull out of the driveway, and turned to Elena. I asked her, "Elena, how are you feeling?"

"I feel fine, I suppose, thanks for the water. Why did you send her out so soon? We could have done that later."

"That was to get rid of Himeko. Come on, let me show you around."

I took her hand to help her up, and led her out of the living room, past the container-covered hutch, which Elena determined to be tea-making implements. We walked through another doorway, and stood in the kitchen.

"Wow, this is a nice kitchen," Elena said, running her hand across the marble countertop. "Do you cook much?"

"Indeed. However, it's usually breakfast. Himeko sleeps until eight, so I make breakfast before school. Hime makes dinner, except for the one day."

"Which day is that?"

"Why, her birthday, of course."

"That's sweet of you. And what does the gentleman cook for his lovely maid on that day?"

"Well, last year it was Lobster Thermidor. Two lobsters, butter, mushrooms, scalded cream, egg yolks, some paprika and pepper."

"That sounds heavenly."

I laughed, remembering the sheer disgust on Himeko's face when she tried my bastardization of the French gourmet dish. "It would have been, but I'm a horrible cook at anything other than bacon and eggs."

We proceeded out of the kitchen, and, having already seen the living room, I led Elena up the staircase leading to the bedrooms. We passed a bathroom, which I pointed out, connected two rooms together. I stepped into one of the adjacent bedrooms with Elena in tow.

"This is where you'll be sleeping...Assuming you still want to stay."

Elena looked around the room, from the large window facing the back acres, to the four-poster bed jutting from the west wall. Eventually she spoke, "it looks like...one could wake up and see the sunrise just over one's feet."

"That's the hope, yes. But I think you'd better rephrase that," I told her, walking up behind her and holding her at arm's length. "You can watch the sunrise, over your feet. This room is yours for as long as you want."

"You've been so kind to me Alphonse. I can't think of any other place I'd like to be then right here, with you. I finally feel...safe."

I pulled her closer into me, and held her, softly stroking the back of her hair; drawing my fingers through the soft cascade. "I'm glad I can help you feel this way. If it can help put that smile back on your face for good, then it's my most important task."

"Thank you," she giggled as she had before, "little Al."

I lifted her chin from where it had rested at my chest, saying, "I think I can forgive that one, but it's a good thing you're so damn cute, or else..."

She laughed in earnest. "I don't know how I could ever repay you. I'm already in your debt for my life, but now room and board?"

"Well, I can think of one way," I said, and only after leaning down and kissing Elena fully did I realize how cliché my words were. Our lips met, and Elena's were the first to part, open but not aggressive. I let my tongue pass my lips, and soon we were feverishly exchanging tongues, minds ablaze with the pleasure we never knew could come from a kiss.

I sat on the edge of the bed, and Elena was quick to follow, as though our joined breath was our only source of air. Elena nestled herself closer against me, and I felt her soft bosom caress my chest, sending a wave of warmth emanating from the contact point. I wrapped my arm around her back, my hand on her taught stomach, reminding me that this was indeed the beautiful, fragile Elena with whom I had fallen madly in love.

Pressing my luck, I raised my hand ever so slightly, stroking softly her stomach and sides. I felt the palm of my hand reach the bottom of her breasts, and rubbed lightly. Elena moaned into my mouth from the contact, but made no attempt to pull away.

I heard a slight rustle and saw movement in my peripherals. I reluctantly let the kiss end, and stood up. I had a good feeling who it might be. "You bastard. The jig is up; show yourself."

"Damn, either you're getting good at spotting me, or I'm getting lazy," I heard a voice say from somewhere in the room. Albrecht emerged from a wall closet, wearing an ACU camouflage uniform.

"How...how long have you been in here," asked Elena in disbelief, turning away, and then realizing she was not indecent.

"Since 'I don't know how I could ever repay you'," my brother responded smugly. "That was a pretty hot show you put on there, bro – if they processed it, I could heat my house with it."

"Hey, you in the ACU's, the one who's spying on his little brother: fuck you."

"Hey, you on the bed, the one who stopped making out with his girlfriend to talk to his brother: fuck you!"

"Fuck both of you," another voice said from out in the hallway. Himeko stood in the doorway before entering, correcting them, "don't you know it's impolite to swear in mixed company? And Albrecht, officers don't swear."

Albrecht just looked generally grumpy, having been corrected by a civilian, worse yet a girl. "Yeah, well I ain't an officer. Take an eye to the chevrons."

While Albrecht and Himeko argued over rank, Elena and I stood dumbfounded. "Did she just say the F-word," I asked Elena.

"She doesn't normally do that?"

"She's only done it that one other time."

"New Year's Eve, right," Elena asked.

"How'd you know," I quizzed.

"I figured your brother must be the common element here. The maid outfit, the swearing...I think you're right about her. She definitely likes him," Elena responded. "I think I'll break it up."

Elena strolled over merrily over to where the soldier and maid were arguing, and caught Albrecht in mid-sentence.

"...at least once per day. More if they're practicing or there's a football game," Albrecht said.

Himeko looked puzzled. "I still don't see why their motto is 'click click click...misfire, misfire,'" she eventually responded, still confused.

Though Elena had no idea what they were talking about, she politely interrupted, asking, "Himeko, did you manage to find my things at the house?"

"Things? Oh yes! Yes I did. Right this way, and we can organize them and figure out where to store everything."

Himeko led Elena out and down the hallway. I turned to my brother. He still seemed grumpy from his argument with Himeko. "The girl wouldn't know a howitzer if you stuck it up her cunt," he said, in reference to Himeko's lack of military bearing.

I laughed at the graphic image my mind created. Himeko stood at the counter, preparing dinner, six feet off the floor, the artillery piece's barrel disappearing under her skirt. "Oh, she'd know about it...However briefly, that is," I managed between chuckles.

"So," my brother began, leaning against the windowsill, "why's the girl staying with you?"

"Elena? She's afraid to stay in her house alone. Albrecht, it was her parents...It looked like..." I let my voice trail off, not able to will the word past my mouth.

"Judas," my brother sighed. "I know the story. The police report though...more red flags than Rhinos playing soccer." He paused, as though remembering something. "On a lighter note though, how good is Himeko's cooking? I know she can cook for two."

"As far as taste goes, she's better than SoDexHo, if that's what you mean. I think she can handle cooking for three."

Albrecht laughed. "Three? Think she could handle seven?"

"Seven? Oh no...Albrecht...You didn't."

Albrecht reached inside his pocket, and retrieved a shiny whistle. He blew once, loudly, and assumed a more commanding posture.

"Fall in," he called out.

"Oh, God no."

I heard a rustle from the same closet from which Albrecht had been hiding. The door flew open with a bang. From an upper shelf tumbled the bodies of the rest of Able Squad. After a short respite of lying in a heap, Gibalev, Manstir and Peterson lined up in front of my brother at a stiff attention.

"Parade," Albrecht said, pausing for but a second, "rest!"

The men staggered their feet and assumed the more relaxed posture, eyes dead ahead. I edged nervously out of Gibalev's gaze, trying to avoid making eye contact. Albrecht addressed them, saying "men, this is House Rosethorne. These premises will be our temporary base, whilst Peterson recovers from his unfortunate...uh...Head and Groundhog-Hole injury.

Peterson rubbed the side of his head. "I thought it would fit," he said, woefully.

"And I tried to convince you," Albrecht continued, "that there was no tactical advantage to putting your head in a groundhog-hole. Moving along...Manstir, I want you to do a perimeter check, and for God's sake, Gibalev, stop raising that eyebrow at me.

Gibalev locked his gaze again. Albrecht continued, "finally, if things get bad, and with two women around thy might, if things get bad, and we're forced to retreat, this room here is the Alamo. Last one alive blows the bomb. That'll destroy us and our enemy along with any evidence. Then it's an easy one-sheet cleanup. Questions?" Nothing. "Good. One more thing. If I am gone, this man," Albrecht said, as he pushed the whistle against my chest, which I took, "is your commanding officer. Fall out to your assigned tasks.

*************

Sitting there in the house, surrounded by my friends, and Elena, I couldn't have been happier. I looked over at Elena, and she smiled back in earnest. Now that we were together, now that we were all gathered, our lives could begin anew. I told myself there that I would stick by Elena no matter what. Death, terror, and further hardships can be overcome, as long as one has something to fight for. And for me, that something is Elena.

*************

------Well, Alphonse and Elena are all settled in it seems. But, how long will normalcy last? Can they cope with Alphonse's maid, and Albrecht's coworkers, while still finding time for love? And what of these criminals, the captors and the killer, who take the Apostle's names? Will Alphonse ever find the link between them, and possibly solace for his parent's death? It's all in the next installment of '"Don't Miss," he said.': A dirge of loss, An etude of love, a rondo of mystery, and a march of action!

--Kyoketsu Shoge

12