Dragon Clans Bk. 01 Pt. 15

Story Info
The continuing adventures of Michael Dane.
6.7k words
4.8
25.6k
8

Part 14 of the 33 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 09/15/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers

Chapter 15

"Damn it," Nigel said under his breath. The thumping rotor noise of the Lynx Mk8 drowned out his words to the other 5 passengers of the helicopter as it moved smoothly 50 meters above the ground.

The explosion just over the hill surprised him and left him with a sense of dread.

"Open the god damn door, deployment alpha, get us the fuck down there!" he yelled, as the tension grew exponentially in the cabin. All of them could see the flames and dark ominous smoke billowing up from just over the next rise.

Sims swung out the door, placing a foot on the landing skid bringing the Sig 556 up to firing position. The men behind him got into their ready positions, Nigel upfront next to the pilot flexed his hands a few times then slid the Desert Eagle from it's holster, hoping without reason that the scene that was about to be revealed would not hold...death for one of his charges.

.........

Tera looked over at Michael's slumped form as he lay on the ground, no movement, no sound, 'he is dead,' she thought to herself; a rage, unlike anything she had ever experienced threatened to engulf her, as her gaze shifted to the gunman on the berm behind them.

She tried to get up, pushing off from the ground but her right arm gave way beneath her, 'wrist broken,' slipped across her mind as she fell back towards the ground.

The gunman saw the movement, was raising his machine pistol again, Valerie was sobbing next to her on the ground, both of them devastated by the loss of Michael, both of them shocked by the sacrifice he made, giving up his own life to save theirs.

Tera slid a full clip from her back pocket, trying in vain to reload with only one useable hand, the killers gun almost level with them now, she screamed out in frustration, more upset about Michael's sacrifice than her own impending death.

Tera's scream was drowned out by the noise of rotor blades as, much to her surprise, a lynx crested the hill behind the assassin, looming up and hanging there like a black swathed angel of death.

............

Sims took in the scene in an instant, 5 down, 3 friendlies at 2 o'clock, one unfriendly at the top of the rise. It only took the blink of an eye for him to assess the situation. Three controlled shots spat from the 556's muzzle, all three hitting their target, turning the unfriendlies' head into a bloody pulp before he had a chance to pull the trigger of his own gun.

"Get us down there now!" Nigel yelled as the helicopter banked right and descended to the road.

............

"You are very impetuous," Aoife's voice resonated around him as he lay on what seemed to be cool damp moss.

Lifting himself up and looking around he was surprised to see a great cavern rising above him, stalactites hung from the ceiling, their milky tips barely visible in the dim light of the fires that burned in ancient iron braziers on the stony walls.

"Where am I," he said, looking down at his body. He was surprised to find himself naked, even more surprising were the seeping, livid bullet holes that moved in a broken pattern across his torso and legs.

"Are they safe?" he asked to the air, remembering the sight of Valerie and Tera beneath him on the grass, the gunman, his jump between them as the assassin's gun began firing.

'His first thoughts are of them,' she thought to herself, not surprising considering his depth of feeling for the two women, but still, 'He can see the bullet holes' she thought smiling.

"They are in good hands, you saved them," she said, watching from her high perch in the upper reaches of the cavern.

"I'm dead," he said to no one in particular as he gingerly fingered a bullet hole just below his left nipple.

"Not...exactly" was the chuckling response that echoed through the cavern.

............

Nigel jumped from the helicopter, his team running after him as they moved over to the women lying beside the road.

"Help Michael," Tera yelled, the pain in her arm forgotten as she crawled toward the fallen figure a meter away.

"Stay still!" Nigel barked at Tera as the rest of the team went to work forming up a loose perimeter around the three people on the ground. The medic moved to Valerie first.

"Are you hurt?" he asked bending down over the sobbing young woman. "I'm fine, a bit bruised, please please check Michael," she sobbed pointing towards his still form on the road.

"They weren't after Michael, Nigel, I didn't know what was going on, he just grabbed me and told me we had to go that she was in danger," Tera said to Nigel as she watched the medic move over to Michael's body.

"They were after her, he knew, somehow he knew and brought us right to her, there were two cars, one ran when the shooting started. Nigel, four of them just dropped dead, no shots no nothing, just dropped like marionettes with their strings cut." She paused shaking her head, the incessant throb of her wrist becoming more and more painful.

"It's ok Tera you did well, not to worry now just sit there we will get you fixed up and out of here in minute." Nigel said, noting the broken look in Tera's eyes as she watched the medic work over Michael's body.

"Sims," Nigel called, "check out that sedan over there, do a full sweep of it and the dead, see if there is anything we can use to track down who these animals belong too."

"Will do," Sims responded as he moved slowly and professionally over to the dead bodies. He found them clean, no ID, nothing but the Finish RK45 assault rifles and spent cartridges. Moving to the sedan he looked over the interiors, again...clean...no registration not even VIN numbers, slick and professional.

"I've got nothing on the hitters or the car Nigel, just RK45's and some spent rounds," Sims said moving back to Nigel while keeping his eyes always scanning the terrain. "Alright, grab the field kit, grab fingerprints and send them to HQ, maybe we will get lucky." Nigel said as he helped Tera to her feet.

Tera walked over to the now standing Valerie, putting her good arm around the other woman's shoulder. "He will be ok," she said in a brave voice that betrayed her own lack of conviction.

Valerie looked at the woman next to her, noting the lean face and dangerous eyes, behind which lingered a pain she knew was reflected in her own. "I hope so," Valerie said in a halting voice that held little in the way of...hope.

"He's stopped breathing!" yelled the man crouching over Michael, as he opened a large red case and began cutting Michaels shirt off.

Valerie slipped her arm around Tera and bent her head to the other woman's shoulder, the tears burning hot where they landed on Tera's bruised skin.

...............

"What do you mean not...exactly," Michael asked to the air as he stood up, noticing that he was actually on a small spit of rock jutting out of what appeared to be a large lake within the cavern.

His question was answered with another "Why did you apologize to me in your last instant, why were you not apologizing to your women for leaving them in such a fool hardy, if valiant, manner," Aoife's voice responded, bouncing off the cavern walls, giving the effect that she was everywhere, and no where, all at the same time.

Michael paused before responding, closing his eyes, stretching his body, arms above his head, he was surprised he didn't feel all that bad. Rolling his neck he wished he had a cigarette, then he spoke.

"You have...always been with me, not in the way you have over the last few weeks, but all my life, in those moments of...transition, you were there to help and guide me, you are the one who saved me when I was at my lowest, with the taste of gun oil in my mouth and a singular drive to end it all. While it would be easy to say it was coincidence that whatever...this is..." waving his arms in a long sweeping motion around him before continuing, "...there must be something in it for you, something you need or want me to do, I understand that and I am...sorry I won't be able to provide you with whatever it was you had intended," he finished, closing his eyes again, felling a bit drained, as if the mere act of speaking was using up a great deal of energy.

There was a long pause, the air in the cavern seemed to become heavy, compressing a bit, as if the whole of the place was sinking deeper into the earth. There were occasional splashes as bits of rock and debris fell into the shadowy abyss of the lake, Michael stood on the small island impassively, wondering what the afterlife would be like, wondering briefly if he would see Sasha again.

"You will see here again Michael" Aoife said as a massive gust of wind knocked Michael to his knees, he covered his eyes as it quickly receded.

"But not yet, to much to do, you are strong, you can survive much, and you are strongly lucky, which never hurts" the receding voice of Aoife called as the world went gray and then black, he was overwhelmed by the abyss, slipping into her inky embrace once again.

...............

"Clear!" yelled the medic as Michaels prone form jumped under the shock from the emergency defibrillator.

The pause seemed to last for hours "I've got a pulse, its weak and a bit thready but it's there, we need to get him to a hospital" the medic said as he finished bandaging the last of Michael wounds. He and another member of the team picked up the litter, carrying Michael to the waiting helicopter.

"Ladies, best we away," Nigel said, leading the two women towards the helicopter as it's rotor spun up for lift off.

The trip was uneventful; Michael moaned Valerie and Tera's names a few times, muffled by the oxygen mask over his face.

Valerie could not take her eyes off the bandages, there were six large, red stained triage bandages ranging from Michael's thighs up across his abdomen, chest and shoulder. His skin had a gray pallor to it that reminded Valerie of the corpses she had seen in the cadaver lab at Oxford.

She reached out and took his hand in hers, it was cold, clammy, but as soon as she slid it into hers it closed around her hand, even so close to death he comforted her, the tears began anew.

Tera was already holding Michael's other hand in her good one, the broken wrist now bandaged and in a sling across her chest.

She had been in battles, seen heroic actions taken, but this, it was such a personal thing, not grounded in duty or honor, but coming from a place of pure emotion...of love?

The question hung in Tera's mind as she felt the brief squeeze on her hand from Michaels, her eyes turned stormy, vengeance moving full force and unrestrained within her.

Next to the pilot Nigel keyed in a secure line on his headset and waited for Ian to pick up.

"Ian it's Nigel," he said, hoping that Valerie could not hear him.

"What's wrong, what's happened," Ian asked, instantly on his guard, sitting up and sliding to the edge of the bed, Millie following behind him, placing a gentle but supportive hand on the small of his back.

"It looks as though someone tried to grab Valerie," Nigel began, "Two teams in two cars, they rammed her, flipped the car, were going after her when...," Nigel paused, not really wanting to say the next, "...Michael and Tera showed up."

Millie felt Ian's muscles tense under her hand, looking at his face she saw pure rage settle over his countenance, it was an image she hopped to never see again. "What happened," Ian said slowly through gritted teeth, the knuckles on the hand holding the phone turning white.

"Tera and Michael took out five of the assailants, one got away in one of the cars...a sixth was killed by my team when we arrived at the site," Nigel said, pausing before he continued.

"AND!" Ian shouted into the phone receiver, scaring Millie so much that she jumped off the bed, scratching Ian's shoulder in the process.

"Michael was shot several times, he is alive and we are taking him to the hospital as we speak, it...doesn't look good. Valerie and Tera are banged up but will be fine, Michael saved them both, threw himself in front of them as the gunman fired," Nigel finished, waiting to see what Ian would do.

"Find out who did this Nigel, I want a name and a location within the hour, send a team here to the house, and locate Nicholas," Ian said and then threw the phone across the room into the fireplace.

"Too far, the son of a bitch has gone too far," Ian seethed as he stood up and strode into the bathroom, leaving Millie staring at his back, wondering just how much worse things would get, wondering for the first time if any of them actually had a future...at all.

..................

"His vital signs have stabilized but he has slipped into a coma," Dr. Brightman said.

Nigel shook his head looking at the young man covered in bandages that lay on the bed in front of him, "Do everything you can," Nigel said as he backed out of the room.

"We have a positive ID on one of the shooters," Sims said as he found Nigel leaning against the wall outside Michael's room.

Nigel looked up at the newest member of the Dragon Security team, sighing deeply he rose thinking 'I'm getting to old for this shit.' "What do you have?" he asked.

"One Anitol Travinkov, ex KGB thug, currently working for Dimitri Leska, head of one of the major factions of the Russian mafia." Sims said, pleased that he was able to use some of his S.A.S. contacts to not only grab the information fast but also be privy to the flash update from Interpol that said Leska was currently in the UK.

"Leska is in the UK sir, he arrived the middle of last week, passed through customs on a verified "diplomatic" passport, my sources say he is at the Russian embassy right now," Sims finished.

"Excellent work Sims, head back up to the chopper, the team is already there, the pilot knows where you are going, I'll be in touch," Nigel said as he turned away from Sims and started dialing his phone.

'Definitely more action than the teams,' Sims thought as he pushed open the stairway door taking the stairs three at a time towards the roof.

............

Tera stood in the small bathroom, looking at her bruised and battered body under the unflattering fluorescent lighting. She was banged up pretty good, her right shoulder had a livid black bruise almost completely covering it, her arm was in a sling, the wrist broken in 3 places. 'Damn fool,' she thought to herself 'what the hell was he thinking, shielding ME, getting between ME and a bullet, it's suppose to be the other way around...it's suppose to be...ME...in that bed not him.'

The hot tears streamed down her face, the sobs caught in the back of her throat as she replayed that instant, the look in his eyes just before he threw himself between the gunman and her...and Valerie.

Valerie was distraught, lying in one of the beds in the room beyond the door; someone from her family was on the way, a woman named Mille.

She had been sobbing uncontrollably since they got to the hospital, been unresponsive to the doctors. 'Post traumatic stress,' Tera thought, not thinking any less of the young woman because of it, few were trained or equipped to deal with incidents like this. Tera herself was, she had to admit, on the ragged edge.

Running her fingers through her damp hair Tera turned off the light and moved back to the room, walking over to the bed that held Valerie she sat down and put a hand on the young woman's quaking shoulder "It will be alright she said in, as soothing a voice as she was able, "he will be alright." Valerie moved just a bit closer to Tera, though she was still lost in her own well of pain, fear...and heart rending loss.

Tera looked over to the other bed, watching the rise and fall of Michael's chest, willing him to come back to them.

............

"It was a team run by Dimitri Leska," Nigel said as soon as Ian picked up the phone. "The team just left heading to you, they should be on site within 25 minutes."

"I will be ready, do we know where Dimitri is at the moment," Nigel asked as he pulled on his holster and grabbed his jacket before leaving the room.

"Looks like the Russian embassy, our sources say he arrived a little while ago, made a few quick phone calls then made arrangements to be on a Russian diplomatic flight leaving Heathrow in 2 hours, hold on a minute," Nigel said as he flashed over to the other incoming call.

"Leska will be leaving the embassy in 25 minutes, he will have a three car escort with 10 marine guards," the caller said and then hung up.

"He will be mobile in 25 minutes headed to the airport, where should we set up," Nigel asked switching back to Ian.

"On the plane, they will never expect it, switch the whole crew, Mr. Leska will never see mother Russian again." Ian said with an icy tone in his voice as he hung up.

Nigel looked at the phone in his hand, shaking his head in wonder at the changes only a few days can bring.

............

Dimitri was Russian mafia; the whole of the Russian mafia was controlled by the Maykov's, a faction of the Chosen.

They were today, as they had been for the last several hundred years, at Nicholas's feet, begging like dogs. Today they made a fatal error and Ian would teach them in the most expeditious way possible.

'Mother fucker!' Ian thought as he jumped into the helicopter the instant it landed on the pad behind Nogardshire Castle. "Heathrow airport, hangar 18," Ian said after putting on the headset lying in the seat next to the pilot.

Ian looked down at the castle as it dropped away and behind them, 'so many years, so many memories, so much blood,' he thought as he turned his attention to the five-man crew.

"Gentleman, my name is Ian Smyth, I own Dragon Security, all of you have exemplary records, are honorable, brave men. My intention today is simple, I am going to kill a man, he is the man who tried to kill my Niece, Mr. Dane and Ms. Cole, one of your team mates, earlier today. If any of you have an issue with what I am going to do, please stay behind at the hangar when we land," Ian finished and took off the headset, there was nothing more to say.

Sims looked around at the other four members of the team, the looks on their faces reflected his own feelings, they would walk at Ian's side no matter what the cost.

............

"Faster you fucking cunt, suck faster we are almost to the airport," Dimitri groaned at the blond head bobbing in his lap.

'What a fucking day,' he thought as his big paw of a hand moved to the back of the girls head forcing his cock to the back of her throat, he always liked the extra little "massage" her gag reflex gave the head of his dick by doing this.

"Fucking Nicholas, should have told me Dragon was involved," Dimitri said as his body tensed sending a large load down the little blonds throat.

Dimitri stepped out of the embassy limousine into the fading gray afternoon light; he walked at a brisk pace towards the waiting airplane. 'I will be glad to get home,' he thought as he climbed the metal stairs at the back of the plane. This trip had not gone as he had planned; now he was simply pleased to be getting out of England alive.

The job had been a simple grab, some plaything that Nicholas had wanted picked up and delivered, his boss Mr. Maykov had been only too happy to lend him Dimitri and a few of the boys for this little job.

"I don't want her hurt...too badly at least," Nicholas said at their one meeting.

"Simply grab her and bring her in, she is currently staying...in the countryside, once she gets a fair distance towards Oxford, grab her and bring her to me," Nicholas said as he poured Dimitri a large glass of IKON vodka. "I am very grateful to Mr. Maykov for providing your services on such short notice," Nicholas finished, while taking a deep swallow of his own drink, enjoying the slight burn of the vodka as it slid down his throat.

"It shouldn't be a problem, seems like a simple job, anything else I need to know before we head out?" Dimitri asked as he finished his drink.

Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers
12