Dragon (S)Layers Ch. 46

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Time's runnin out, so's my patience. What's the kid's-"

"Lostariel."

"Lost-ariel." Vestrin rolled it around on his tongue. "Hmph. Now why didn't she tell me about a pretty little name like that, I gotta wonder."

Cosnu folded his arms trying to look superior. He looked every bit an asshole. "Maybe you aren't as good friends as you thought you were."

"Maybe not." Vestrin started to hand the key over. Just shy of the bars he stopped. "Don't suppose you know where I can find this girl- she might be in danger, and all."

At that the fat man scoffed. "Yeah, I got an idea. Just get yourself a ship and head for the Gods' Realm, her body'll probably still be on the rocks along with her father. Happy? Now gimmie the fuckin' key or I start callin' for help."

Vestrin digested what he'd been told as he toyed with the key some more waiting until Cosnu was a foot away from it. He dropped it in arm's reach outside of the cell, forcing the fat man to get on his hands and knees to recover it. He made gods damned sure he was gone before the Sheriff had the key and crept his way out of the village in the quickest manner possible after that.

Fifty feet past the security check point he was on his horse running down the caravan trail towards Lewood. With any luck he'd catch up with Sarah and her group before they got too far. Four people made travel slow as they had to stop for food and rest, it probably meant they hadn't gotten rid of the carriage either.

He didn't smile at the idea, but he did acknowledge it for what it was- a possibility. A good one. But he couldn't help but wonder.

What the hell kind of name was Lostariel?

12