Dragonborn Rising Ch. 04

Story Info
The Daedric Princes plot to defeat the Dragonborn.
4.5k words
4.5
5.1k
3

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/05/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Thalmor Embassy – Haafingar Hold

Elenwen sat in a silk robe, in front of the roaring fire, in the sitting room of her quarters. She was enjoying a cup of tea as she examined the records that Graylock had assembled on the Dragonborn. The file sat in a leather folder on a table to her left. She drained the cup and set it and its accompanying platter on the table and took the folder. She opened it and placed it in her lap. Thumbing the number of assembled documents, she thought to herself, this bitch has been quite busy, as she sneered.

They appeared to be generally in chronological order, which was so like Graylock. Orderly, she thought.

The first document described general information. Name: Naadia Heart-Striker. Nationality: Redguard. City of origin: Unknown, but likely the Bangkorai region, north of Janeth. Known relatives: Husband – Vilkas of Whiterun and two daughters, both adopted. Skyrim place of first record: Helgen.

Helgen. That caught her attention. She vividly remembered that day several years ago, when the dragons returned. She had been there and remembered seeing a tall, comely Redguard woman among the Stormcloaks General Tullius and his imbeciles had captured at the border, along with Ulfric Stormcloak. Alduin – the World Eater, as the creature had been called – had appeared out of nowhere and had turned Skyrim and the Thalmor's plans upside down.

Additional information from other sources indicated she was half-Nord and half-Redguard. One source, a Mercer Frey of the Riften Thieves Guild reported her father had been a Nord mercenary who had fought in the Great War, in Hammerfell. He had met and bedded a Redguard Healer and their union produced a daughter. She had been captured by Dominion and Imperial forces in a raid and had been taken as a slave to Cyrodiil. She had been purchased by nobles in the capital city and served as a scullery maid, before escaping. She obviously must have come to Skyrim on some trivial quest to discover her roots, Elenwen thought.

She set the page back in the folder and held the next up to read in the light of the fire. This one a report submitted by Ancano. She rolled her eyes and exclaimed, "I remember this moron!"

Ancano was a Thalmor agent that had been assigned to infiltrate the College of Winterhold. Reading the document carefully, Elenwen learned that he had encountered a tall Redguard woman named Naadia Heart-Striker at the College. She had gained entrance by claiming to be the Dragonborn and had demonstrated tremendous skill in several schools of magicka.

Graylock's notes at the bottom of the page indicated that the embassy had lost contact with their agent during the magicka disturbance, in Winterhold. Sources interviewed in the city afterward had reported that a high elf had caused the calamity and had killed the Arch Mage of the college. Heart-Striker had saved the college and Winterhold from destruction, as well as stopping the high elf from doing further damage. As a result, she had been made Arch Mage of the college and presently held this office.

She set this page down and lifted the next. This one from Solitude. "By the gods," exclaimed Elenwen, "This trollop gets around!"

The document had to do with reports of her aide to Elisif on several occasions and her designation as Thane of Haafingar Hold. Other pages contained similar reports of her being granted similar titles in Whiterun, Falkreath, the Reach, Markarth, Windhelm and Eastmarch. Additionally, she had several residences throughout the region and had considerable holdings.

One document reported she was the Harbinger of the Companions and a confidant of Jarl Balgruuf the Greater. The next, stated she had been one of Ulfric's senior officers during the civil war. Reading the details Elenwen learned Heart-Striker had helped win several significant engagements, besides brokering a deal between the warring parties while Alduin was dealt with. One source reported she had dealt the killing blow to General Tullius and his Aide de Camp, Legate Rikki. Goodness, thought the Ambassador, she was a dangerous and accomplished warrior as well as a powerful mage.

Another contained information that indicated she had ties to not only the Thieves Guild of Riften, but possibly the Dark Brotherhood as well. "By the gods," Elenwen exclaimed in exasperation, "Why haven't we kept closer tabs on this bitch!"

She continued to browse each of the reports until two stopped her cold. The first stated a tall Redguard female had attacked Fort Northwatch, freeing numerous Stormcloak prisoners and killing most of the garrison. She remembered this incident, as she had ordered the execution of all the surviving garrison, for their incompetence.

The second was in her own handwriting. She pulled it from the stack in her lap with trembling fingers, her rage barely being contained. Carefully reading and then re-reading the document. It was the report concerning a break-in at the embassy. She had written the report to cover herself and point the blame for the breech of security at her Chief-of-Staff at the time.

A tall Redguard woman had come to one of the galas the embassy hosted. When a disturbance had occurred, the woman – a Naadia Heart-Striker – had gone missing. As a result, numerous files containing very sensitive information had disappeared and several guards and Justicars had been killed. Interrogations had discovered a servant named Malborn – a wreathed little wood elf had committed treason and been her accomplice in the affair. As a result, she had completely purged all non-Altmer from the embassy.

Oh yes, she thought. She remembered this little bitch now, as her eyes narrowed. She was tall and quite comely to look at. The woman had a silky-smooth voice and she remembered asking at the time if she was a bard or had received training in that art form. She carried herself with regal style and had caught the eye of many of the men present, as well as herself.

If she was this Dragonborn, she would need to be dealt with. She couldn't tolerate someone ever getting the best of her and living to tell the tale.

Just then there was a soft knock on the door. She closed the folder, ensuring that no damning information could be seen and set it on the table. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Standing, she sweetly said, "Enter."

The door opened softly on well-oiled hinges. She saw that Ganllon and Loralina were right on time. She bid them to come in and shut the door. As they walked over toward her, she stood and untied the sash of her robe. Shrugging her shoulder, she let it drop to the floor and naked she welcomed them with open arms. Kissing them deeply as they walked over to her bed.

Time to think about more pleasurable things, she thought as they climbed into her bed together for a night of fun.

Jorrvaskr – Whiterun Hold

Of all the offices she held, Naadia enjoyed being Harbinger of the Companions most of all. Walking up the broad steps to the ancient mead hall of Skyrim's equivalent of the fighter's guild, always made her feel like she was coming home and it had been several months since she had last been in Whiterun. Before entering this hallowed hall, she paused causing Vilkas to stop as well. She turned and looked at the city she considered her second home.

Whiterun was a bustling city on built on Skyrim's broad central tundra. It was built around Jorrvaskr and on a higher hill, Dragonsreach – the Jarl's palace. Even in the evening, the city was a bustle of activity. As she and Vilkas had walked through the streets, they had been given greetings by many of the passersby. Some were acquaintances, but most were just generally friendly. She liked that about the city.

As they entered the mead hall, they saw that many of the Companions were present and had just begun their evening meal around the massive table, in the main dining hall. Aela, Farkas and Ria were there, as well as some she didn't recognize. She mentally made a note to visit more often – even with the busy schedule her future held for her.

Everyone rose as Vilkas' twin hailed, "The Harbinger honors us with her presence!"

Naadia and Vilkas were soon surrounded by their well-wishing compatriots. After a time, everyone moved back to their seats, with Naadia and Vilkas taking their places at the head of the table. They ate heartily and drank fine mead and ale.

During the feast Aela rose and said, "Harbinger, it's appropriate that you have joined us this night. We are inducting a new member to the Circle." She motioned to the side, pointing at an Argonian that was present and said, "Meer Ahaht-El, is the first Argonian Companion. He has proven himself in battle."

The reptilian humanoid was tall and muscular, with broad shoulders. He was bare chested as most Argonian male preferred to attire themselves. The firelight glistened off his dark green scales and accentuated his yellow eyes.

Naadia stood and said, "Let's do it now then!" Reciting the time-honored words, she knew well, Brothers and sisters of the Circle, today we welcome a new soul into our mortal fold. This man ...," and stopped, correcting herself. She continued by saying, "This Argonian has endured, has challenged and has showed his valor. Who will speak for him?"

Aela, still standing said, "I stand witness for the courage of the soul before us."

Naadia then asked, "Would you raise your shield in his defense?"

To which Aela then responded, "I would stand at his back, that the world might never overtake us."

Naadia then inquired, "And would you raise your sword in his honor?"

It seemed that the fire-haired Nord stood a little straighter, put her hand on the pommel of her sword and said, "It stands ready to meet the blood of his foes."

Naadia then reached down to the table and lifted her tankard. Holding it out she said, "And would you raise a mug in his name?"

Aela reached down to hefted hers, saying, I would lead the song in triumph as our mead hall reveled in his stories." With that she drained the tankard dry and slammed it back down on the table.

Naadia then intoned, "Then this judgment of the Circle is complete. His heart beats with fury and courage that have united the Companions since the days of distant green summers. Let it beat with ours, so the mountains may echo, and our enemies may tremble at the call," which she then punctuated by draining hers and slamming it back onto the table.

Everyone around the table then declared in unison, "It shall be so." They then brought up their mugs and toasted the newest member of their order.

Farkas who had been sitting to Naadia's left gave her a leather pouch. She opened it and removed its contents. A fine silver chain with a silver amulet in the shape of a wolf's head emblazoned on crossed axes. She stood and walked around the table to the Argonian. He lowered his head, allowing her to present this cherished prize.

After the civil war, Naadia worked hard to remove the influence of Hircine and the beast blood from the Companions. At that time the only remaining members of the Circle were Vilkas, Farkas and Aela. All were werewolves. She shared with them the conversation she had with Kodlak and had them read his journal. Eventually all of them were delivered from the curse. So that the Circle could still be signified, the necklace was commissioned as a means of identifying those who had achieved the rank of full Companion.

After the ceremony, Naadia encouraged them all to return to their seats. Looking at the assembled warriors she said, "As Harbinger, I must share grave news with you. Elisif, High Queen of Skyrim has been murdered, along with her Regent, Ulfric Stormcloak."

At that news there was an audible gasp from around the table. She held up a hand to quiet them and continued, "I have been asked to assume the role of High Queen. In doing so, I cannot wear both the mantle of Queen and that of Harbinger. Therefore, I name as my replacement, Aela,"

The tumult around the table took several minutes to calm. All were surprised at the sudden change in status quo, but none displayed animus or any other kind of resentment.

Naadia finished by saying, "She will need your support," looking at those around the table and continued by saying, "More importantly, Skyrim will continue to need you. As I take the throne, I have great plans for the Companions, my shield brothers and sisters."

She thanked them and took her seat. During the remainder of the evening, they laughed together and reveled with quality food and drink. As it was ending, she rose and asked the members of the Circle to join her in the Harbinger's quarters. She then rose and followed by Vilkas and the others, went below to have a private conversation.

As they were getting settled in chairs, Aela informed Naadia that Athis, Njada and Torvar were away on missions. Naadia then stood and said, "Thank you, shield siblings for meeting with me," and pointing to their newest member, she said, "Tell us and especially me, about yourself."

The Argonian stood and in a reptile-like hiss said, "My name, Meer Ahaht-El, means 'Basks in Darkness.' Harbinger, you may address me a Meer or Basks in Darkness. I would be honored in either case," as he bowed.

Naadia returned the honor by tipping her head. "Tell us," she asked, "How you came to join our merry band."

Basks in Darkness then went on to share how he had left Black Marsh at an early age to seek adventure. He escaped Dunmer captivity and wanted to live as a freesword. He had heard about Skyrim and the Companions on his travels in Cyrodiil and came north, to Whiterun. "I sat for several days in the Cloud District at the foot of the steps leading up to Jorrvaskr," he hissed. "Once I finally worked-up the courage to climb the steps, I rose and began climbing them. At that moment, the great doors opened, and this war maiden appeared," referring to Aela. "I asked what were the requirements to join the Companions and the rest is history. I followed her on several missions as her shield brother and then was given a mission to free the Jarl's granddaughter, who was being held ransom by bandits in Cracked Tusk Keep. I freed her and returned her to the Graymane's."

"Very impressive,' said Naadia and asked, "Did Farkas order you to take his sword to Eorlund, to be sharped?" As everyone present laughed at the good-humored hazing that tended to occur with new recruits.

A laughing Farkas chimed in, "No I didn't. Torvar told him to take his shield to Eorlund, to be tempered," to which they all laughed.

Naadia again welcomed the Argonian to the number and got down to the business at hand, of sharing the many of the details surrounding Elisif's death and her desire to investigate the crime.

Later after everyone had left, Naadia and Vilkas undressed and cuddled in the massive bed of the Harbinger's quarters. She felt Kodlak's presence in the place, as she always did, the moment she had stepped into the room. As they massaged each other and explored anew each other's bodies, she remembered her dream from the other night. She loved her husband dearly, but she allowed herself to fantasize that it was her Harbinger, Kodlak, who mounted her and plumbed her wet, hot depths.

Later as she slept, her dreams were filled with dark pleasures as she reveled in sex with a variety of former followers. Occasionally, she would moan softly in ecstasy.

Oblivion – The Dark Middle Ground

It was a dark and featureless place. The landscape was bleak and flat, stretching to the horizon and the sky black and starless. This was the nexus point of the various planes of Oblivion, the realm of the Daedra. It was deathly silent and had been for a millennium or more.

Then, a blue globe of magicka energy appeared. A gate had been opened and out of nowhere appeared a short, muscular man. He had handsome features and his face bore a smug sneer. Small horns protruded from his forehead. He wore a toga a fine linen and his feet were bare. Looking around he smiled. "An excellent place for a meeting! Nice and private," he said to the nothingness around him as he rubbed his hands together in delight.

Clavicus Vile was one of the beings of Oblivion known as Daedric Princes. He loved toying with mortals, by granting them wishes with just a slightly fiendish twist.

Soon afterwards another gate opened and a spider-like being appeared. "Vile do you really think this will succeed," the creature known as Mephala asked in a softly hissing voice.

Mephala was the Daedric Prince of sex, lies, secrets and murder. Although like all the princes, it could either appear as male or female, it preferred to appear as a spider at the center of a massive web of deceit. Its realm was a mysterious plane called, the Spiral Skein. Like a vast wheel, with eight inner realms surrounding Mephala's tower at the center.

"I don't know. I would prefer any alliance would be more than just us," the little Daedric Prince said. He smiled and said, "We are so often trying to one-up each other, none of us are used to partnerships." We explained that for now it would be just three, but as the plot thickened more princes would be offered a part in the strategy.

Just then another portal opened and there appeared a tall and slender reptilian being with feminine features and wrapped in hissing snakes. The third member of the plot had arrived.

Vile greeted the new arrival with a beaming smile and said, "Ah, Vearmina! So good of you and your friends to join us."

Vearmina is the Daedric Prince whose sphere of influence is dreams and nightmares. Its realm is known as Quagmire and is a horrid, constantly changing place. Every few minutes reality shifts to reveal some new and horrifying terror.

"What of the others," Vearmina whispered in a silky voice laced with cunning and hate.

"Right now," Vile began, "It's just the three of us. That's all we need. Later, when the real fun begins, we'll bring in a few others. Most of us have had issues with the Dragonborn and working together we can teach her a lesson or two."

Smoothly taking a manager's position, he asked Mephala how things were proceeding.

"They are going quite well," the spider hissed. She detailed how easy it had been to play on the jealousy of Cicero. The little assassin was unhappy with the transformation the Listener was bringing upon the Dark Brotherhood. "I simply spun a few strands of webbing," commented the spider, "And he is firmly entrapped."

Mephala went on to describe how she brought 'poor lonely Cicero' some company in the form of Elabythe, a demented little necromancer, who worshipped the Daedric Prince. She continued by saying, "She has him wrapped around her dirty little finger." Gleefully she described how she had manipulated Cicero and finished by saying, "She bats her eyes and spreads her legs, and like a little puppy he does anything she asks him to."

"Very good," said Vile. Truly impressed with Maphala's ability to entrap mortals in its webs of lies and deceit. Turning to Vearmina he asked, "How are things proceeding on your front?"

"Quite nicely," purred the Daedric Prince of dreams and nightmares. "Thank you for letting me extract some revenge on this Dragonborn bitch," she sneered. It told them of how Heart-Striker had foiled her plot to ensnare Skyrim, by establishing a foothold in The Pale and its capital Dawnstar.

"Physically, she is quite imposing," Vearmina began, "But all mortals must sleep and when she does, she's mine," it said with an evil laugh.

Vearmina reached into the robe it was wearing and produced a glowing orb. "Look," it said, "Even now she is sleeping, and I fill her slumber with dark and erotic visions."

Holding forth the orb Vile and Mephala saw images of Naadia having sex with a variety of lovers. In one dream, she was the sex slave of an Orc king. Dancing and gyrating before him completely naked, then kneeling between his spread legs to service him with her mouth and use her breasts to stimulate his massive penis.

12