Dragonborn Rising Ch. 07

Story Info
The Thalmor test a deadly weapon.
9.8k words
4.71
4.7k
4
0

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/05/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Haafingar Hold, Near Solitude

Babette was scared shitless! For the second time in one-night, she was over a thousand feet in the air, riding on the neck of a dragon, with her arms wrapped tightly around the waist of Naadia. "When will this be over with," she shouted, as the winds whipped past her, "I think I'm getting sick."

Looking back over her shoulder, Naadia shouted, "We'll be back on the ground near Solitude, in about one-hour."

With her eyes screwed firmly shut, Babette cursed, as she felt her stomach do a slow roll. "I fucking hate flying," she screamed.

It had been some night, she thought. After speaking with Naadia about what had happened to her husband, she packed a few things together in a knapsack and said they were walking outside of city, people were still getting used to the idea of dragons being around. They had walked for several miles to a remote hilltop. It was one of those rare crystal-clear nights in the northern reaches of the province and the sky was full of stars. The moon was beginning to rise.

True to her word, Naadia summoned a dragon with a tremendous shout. When the massive beast landed, Babette took several steps back, wide-eyed. All she could say was, "Oh shit! I thought you were joking," as she scuttled to hide behind the taller Naadia.

After encouraging her and telling her what she needed to do, Naadia swung a leg over the dragon's neck. As Babette approached, the dragon hissed, "Dovah Nid Dilon. Dragons despise the undead!"

In a firm tone, Naadia shouted, "Kinzongraagviing Hon Thaarn! Hear me and obey!"

The dragon lowered it head to the ground and rumbled, "Geh Dovahkiin Thaarn. I will obey the Dragonborn."

Tentatively she climbed onto the dragon's neck behind the Dragonborn and it spread its sail-like wings and leapt into the air. That was the moment she realized she had an intense fear of heights.

They flew west in silence. Naadia sat with her shoulders straight and face into the wind, which whipped her thick mane of curly black hair back. Tears streamed from her eyes as she silently mourned the loss of Vilkas and the others. Babette huddle behind her.

Naadia commanded Kinzongraagviing to land near the ruins on the tall hill outside of the coastal town of Dawnstar. It was an old military fort that had been taken over by cultist. In one of her many forays against the Daedra, she had helped to cleanse it and destroy the Skull of Corruption, an artifact of Vearmina.

From the air they could see that a funeral pyre had been constructed near the ruins and a solitary figure was standing nearby. Gliding on the wind, the dragon silently landed, the ground barely shook as he touched down. Babette immediately got off and fell to her knees in the snow. "Gods," she exclaimed with relief, "The ground has never felt so good!"

As Naadia dismounted, she motioned to the dragon and said, "Mun Fahdon Dovahkiin. It's okay, he's my friend."

Turning, she tiredly smiled and said, "Silus, it's good to see you again. My friend."

Silus Vesuius tentatively approached and embraced her. "It's good to see you, Naadia," and kissing her on each cheek, he said, "Even under such sad circumstances as these."

Silus was a tall, thin Imperial mage, dressed in reddish-brown robes. His black hair had become more salt and pepper over the years, as age had begun to take its toll on him. Naadia turned and looked at the pyre and tears again streamed from her eyes. She turned back to Silius and said, "While I say good bye, I need for you to do something for me."

He told her to name whatever she desired, and she stepped close to him and whispered in his ear, as she handed him the knapsack. He nodded his head and then left, heading in the direction of Dawnstar.

The dragon growled, "Kinzongraagviing Tiiraaz Ahmul. I mourn with you," as he lowered his head to the ground. Naadia silently nodded her head and then approached the pyre. Babette stepped to her side and took her hand. She looked up at the taller woman and said, "You could probably use a friend right now," and did her best to form a sincere smile.

Naadia knelt and hugged her, saying, "Thank you." She then stood and offered her hand. Babette took it and they walked to the stack of logs.

As they approached it, the smell of oil was pungent on the air. The wood was stacked to waist height. Laying on top of the logs were the shapes that had been wrapped in furs, with sword laying across each at an angle. Naadia, started crying again when she saw them. Babette guided her around the pyre to its head. One body was completely encased, as this was Farkas who had been burned beyond recognition. When Naadia saw Vilkas' pale white face she fell to her knees by his side and her mournful cry echoed through the night.

Babette had no comprehension of what Naadia was experiencing. To her death was the doorway that had led to her present existence. She tried to comfort Naadia by placing a hand on her shoulder and just stood there with her.

After a while of being alone Silus returned and said, "Naadia, its time."

She sobbed, "Okay. Thank you."

She took several deep breaths and calmed herself. She stood and wiped the tears from her eyes. She then bent down and kissed Vilkas' pale cheeks and finally on his lips. "Until Sovengarde, my love."

She turned and walked back toward Silus, who was standing near the dragon.

Naadia walked up to the dragon and said "Kinzongraagviing Yol Qoth. Set the pyre alight."

"Dovahkiin Hon Thaarn. I hear and obey."

His head rose on it's serpentine neck and opened his mouth roaring, "Yol Toor Shol," and a gout of searing fire issued forth that engulfed the pyre.

With tears streaming down her face, Naadia said, "Before the ancient flame, I mourn. At this loss," and the words briefly caught in her throat, but she gritted her teeth and continued the chant by saying, "I ... weep. Farewell, my love. I do my best to raise the girls and love them for you."

With that she turned her back to the fire. She walked to Silus and he handed her the knapsack. She thanked him, and he stepped forward to embrace her and whispered in her ear. In turn, she kissed him on each cheek. She turned to Babette and said, "Time to go. We have to head back to Solitude."

Back in the present, Babette felt the dragon bank to the right. A turn she didn't remember them making on the leg heading to Dawnstar. She opened her eyes and cried against the wind, "Naadia, what's the matter?"

Naadia pointed down ahead of them and called back over her shoulder, "There's a fire below. We're going to check it out."

"Shit," Babette muttered, "Can't we just go home!"

As they circled and descended, they could see the woods were on fire in several places along the main road from Windhelm approaching Dragon's Bridge. A large battle had recently taken place, as hacked and broken bodies were scattered everywhere. The dragon landed a short distance away. Naadia dismounted and looked at Babette, "Are you coming," she asked.

Babette shook her head. "I don't like dragons, but I'll take this rather than that," as she nodded her head in the direction of the carnage. At that the dragon hissed his displeasure.

Turning away, Naadia called over her shoulder, "Suit yourself," and curtly ordered the dragon, "Kinzongraagviing Dein Mon. Guard her until I return."

As she approached, she saw the soldiers were wearing Windhelm livery. The broken shields bearing an ornate bear symbol. She checked each body until she found a soldier that was still alive. He was in bad shape, having received several deep sword wounds. She knelt beside him and touched his shoulder with a glowing hand. His eye soon fluttered, and he whispered, "Who ..."

Naadia comforted him and asked, "Sargent what happened to you and your men?"

He weakly told her that they had been escorting the Jarl to Solitude, when they had been attacked by merciless creatures dressed in reddish-black armor. A chill ran down her spine as she realized this was another ambush by Daedra.

She used her restorative magic to heal him further. "Sit here and rest," she commanded. She moved among the others but found no other troops that were alive. As she approached the road she saw three overturned wagons and several horses that lay dead. Some with riders entangled in the saddle and gear. One she recognized. "Oh shit," she groaned.

Galmar Stone-Fist lay beside his bay mare. His body was terribly hacked to pieces and his sightless eyes stared up into the night sky and his bloody sword in his hand. He went out with a fight, she thought with a wane smile. That's the way he would have wanted it.

She knelt beside him and said a silent prayer as she closed his eye with her fingertips. She stood and moved toward the wagons. All three smashed to pieces and their contents tumbled in heaps. Something caught her eyes, a pair of booted feet and aa she ran toward the figure, recognized who it was. "Lucia," she screamed.

She frantically moved the bags, boxes and debris until she saw the form of a young woman wearing the robes of a battle mage. "Please be alive! Please! Oh, please be alive! I can't take another loss," she mournfully pleaded.

Lucia had short, chestnut brown hair and she appeared badly scorched by fire. Worse, she was barely breathing. Naadia's hand glowed and she touched her daughter's forehead. The young woman's breathing improved, but she could tell her daughter was severely injured.

She ran back to Babette and breathlessly told her she needed to come and sit with her daughter and guard her, while she flew to Dragon's Bridge to get help. The little vampire quickly obeyed and climbed down from the dragon's neck and followed her back to Lucia.

Solitude - Proudspire Manor

It was just before dawn, when they arrived back at Naadia's stately home in Solitude. Naadia gently carried her daughter upstairs, while Babette plopped down in a chair. She was glad she had made it inside, before the sun came up. She was looking forward to going down to the cellar, to rest.

Naadia came back down the stairs and knelt beside her. "Thank you for everything you did, last night. You were a tremendous help," she said with a tired smile.

Compliments were something Babette wasn't used to. People usually didn't compliment vampires for their work. "I ... Err," she stammered trying to find the words, "Your welcome," she finally said.

Naadia eyes were red-rimmed and her features were haggard. "You can stay here as long as you like. I could really use your help with things," she said deadpan. She stood and stumbled toward the stairs, saying, "I'll share more later, but I have to see to Lucia and then get a couple hours of sleep."

Naadia slowly made her way back up the stairs. She walked down the hall to the spare bedroom, where she had laid her daughter on the bed. She retrieved a basin of water and clean clothes from the service closet in the hall and set about undressing her from the charred robes she wore and cleaning her. She then wrapped her in blankets and placed a pillow under her head.

Naadia laid down beside her and then cried herself to sleep.

The Reach Hold - Markarth

It amazing, Calcelmo thought, how easily one could fall into the habits of married life. It was his first day back at work after their honeymoon. A typical early-riser, the High Elf had gotten up quietly and dressed. He intended to get a jump on continuing his research of the Dwemer ruins beneath Understone Keep. He wasn't expected back until the next day, but being the consummate researcher, he was itching to get back to work.

It was a wonderful day, he thought, as he stood in front of the looking glass adjusting the collar of his robes, when he heard movement behind him. He glanced over his shoulder to see Faleen climb out of bed and stretch. She padded naked across the room past him, mumbling, "Why are you up so early," and then went into the side room, where he heard her relieving herself in the chamber pot and break loud wind.

The Altmer conjurer always thought his Red Guard warrior wife seemed so poised, polished and proper. He chuckled and said to himself, "I guess if you give a lady a ring of matrimony, she'll then let's her hair down." Gods, he thought, at the vision of her deep brown rump swaying in the lamp light, even rumpled and half asleep she was ravishing.

A few moments later she padded back into the room, kissed him on the cheek, fell back into bed and went back to sleep.

As he picked up his boots and quietly walked out of their bedroom, he thought to himself with a broad smile, it was a wonderful day. He was going back to work after spending a marvelous honeymoon with his bride. "Why didn't I do this sooner," he said to himself.

Like many researchers, he was more comfortable with a stack of books, old scrolls and relics of ancient peoples than with the people all around him, in the present. Five years-ago, he had off-handedly prayed to Mara on a whim, that someone would enter his life and love him for who he was. Sure enough, the prayer had been answered.

He held a secret admiration - a child would call it a crush - on the Housecarl of the Jarl. One day during his research someone, a traveler who assisted his discoveries named Naadia, had told him Mara said to pursue that dream. To his scientific mind, the Altmer was amazed at the occurrence. He immediately went to find Faleen and told her how he felt. He was amazed to find out that she pined for him.

For the greater part of the past five-years their courtship never proceeded past the phase of evening walks and the occasional meal on one of the airy terraces around the old city of stone. They would converse, mainly about his latest discoveries in the dwarven ruins beneath the city. Alternatively, she would chat about the business of the court.

Two-months ago, she had asked him to join her for dinner. Over the meal the normally stoic warrior broke down in tears. She told him that she had hoped that he would have taken the next step in their relationship. Pouring out her heart to him, she said that she longed for something more meaningful with him that just dinners and walks. She reached into her cloak and withdrew an intricate necklace and put it on. He immediately recognized it as an amulet of Mara.

He confessed that he wasn't experienced in love and felt that he wasn't worthy of her. She told him that she wanted him more than anything else. If he wanted her all he had to do was say, 'yes' and Mara would take care of the rest. Smiling to himself, he remembered her joy at his answer.

As he stepped out of their home on the high hills of the city, he took a deep breath of the crisp morning air and said to himself, "It's a wonderful day," and set off in the direction of the Underkeep. On the way, he saw one of the vendors, a perky little Bosmer that sold pastries and hot cider. Stopping at her booth he said brightly, "It's a wonder day, today. What do you have that's good, my dear?"

She flashed a winning smile and replied, "You're my first customer, sir," and went on to describe the assortment of sweets and drinks she had available that morning. As she did so, he admired her features - something he never taken the time to do before, he observed. She was slim and lithe, like most Bosmer, with light skin and luminous green eyes.

He ordered a nut sweet roll and a tankard of cinnamon-spiced hot cider. As she prepared his order for him, he asked, "What's your name, child?"

"Lilisfina," she replied and with another bright smile added, "My friends call me Lili."

Lili set his order on the counter and he drew out the payment and added two additional septims as a tip. He picked up his order and bid her a good day. He walked through the streets of the old city and enjoyed his morning meal. As he did so, he thought back over the recent weeks.

When they had informed their circle of friends about the upcoming marriage, everyone was overjoyed. His brother, Aicanter agreed to cover all the research that was taking place, so that publishing deadlines on his new book wouldn't be missed. Best of all, their friend Naadia agreed to serve as their witness in Riften. Additionally, she had helped Faleen, a fellow Red Guard, plan the ceremony, dress, reception and the honeymoon.

She had met them in Riften the night before the ceremony for dinner and gave them a set of keys. The first she said was for their wedding night. She was giving them use of Honeyside, her home in Riften. She described it as a romantic location for their first night, together. Faleen was literally beaming, while he was cordially embarrassed.

The second she said was her wedding gift to them, Vlindrel Hall, her home in Markarth. "I don't use it anyway," she said, "So you two lovebirds should enjoy it."

The outspoken scholar was speechless at that. Naadia went on to tell them that she had planned a wonderful get-away they would both enjoy. She shared the itinerary that included moments of intimate relaxation and the opportunity to delve into some new ruins that she had discovered, in eastern Skyrim. They would camp in the pleasant foothills of the eastern mountains and during the day she instructed Faleen, she was to work with Calcelmo, as his assistant.

She turned to him and instructed, "Calcelmo, you're going to be camping in one of the most beautiful areas of the province, with the most beautiful woman you know. The research ends at sundown and you become hers," pointing at Faleen.

He reminded himself he needed to send Naadia a thank you note, for everything she had done for him. She had opened his eyes to a larger, more wonderful world.

Faleen's gown fit her like a glove. The pure white of the silk clung to every curve, was low cut to appropriately show off her amazing cleavage and brilliantly contrasted the deep brown of her skin. Her long black tresses were braided and pinned into a bun. When he saw her before the ceremony, he thought he was in the presence of a goddess.

After the reception, they walked arm-in-arm through the bustling streets as well-wishers clapped at their passages and bid them a happy matrimony. Faleen was beaming, almost pulling him through the streets to their destination.

After the door to Honeyside closed behind them, Faleen was on him and smothered him with kissed, filled with passion and intensity. He begged her to slow down and that he had a confession to make. Embarrassed, he told her he had never been with a woman before. "We studied the anatomy and the mechanics of ... well ... you know ... in college mind you, learning the restoration arts," he said.

Tears of joy streamed down her face at the remarks. She reached up and pulled the pin that kept her hair in place and let it cascade beautifully down her shoulders. She then gently hugged him and tenderly kissed him. When their lips parted with a wet smack, she said, "I'm no priestess of Dibella, but I think I can teach you a thing or two," as she took his hand and led him to their waiting bed.

"Yes indeed," he said out loud with a smile, "It's a wonderful day," as he bounded up the steps of Understone Keep. The guards at the massive bronze doors welcomed him back and commented on the fact he had returned a day early.

As he walked briskly down the ancient halls, he thought back over the wonderful time they had spent camping and exploring. They had made some amazing discoveries in the ruins and he had taught her how to sketch and take notes. He was amazed to discover that she was an exceptional artist, with a discerning eye for detail. In turn, she had taught him how to use a bow and hunt. "No spells," she had instructed, just the basics.

After hours of practice he had been able to bag a deer. He had dragged it breathlessly back to camp and was covered in grim and sweat from the exercise. While the meat sat turning on a spit, she had suggested they go to the hot springs nearby to clean-up. Faleen had conveniently used the episode for some provocative foreplay and when then had returned to camp, they had again consummated their love in their small tent.