Dragonbound - Emilya

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

If there were any intruders inside the house, they would have known where she was now.

Sometimes she wanted to strangle fate for its timing as the window behind her earned a few raps.

She jumped out of bed like she was exorcised from it. "Ry-Ryl?!" she squealed, holding a pillow close to her chest while squeezing her thighs together, trying to hold herself from going mad. Suddenly, she wished she was alone again.

"Who do you think it is?!" a familiar voice answered from outside, clearly vexed. "Let me in!"

She smiled embarrassment at his poor choice of words before climbing back on her bed to undo the latch to her window. In the past he always told her that if she wasn't sure of her surroundings that she should always light a small fire and retreat into her bedroom. Even if her brother was far from the homestead he would spot the smoke from the chimney and come running back to aid her.

Fortunately, he remembered not to wait outside on the veranda like last time.

"Is everything alright?" he asked as the window swung open to reveal his handsome, welcomed face. "I couldn't find the key so I assumed you must have hidden it? ... not that I see smoke or anything."

"Oh... about that," she stammered, "It's... it's nothing, really. Just my imagination playing tricks."

"I see..." his voice trailed off as he looked around curiously. It was a rare sight for her brother to be in her bedroom, knowing how he liked to give her privacy. Not that she minded him being there but after what happened earlier in the night she wanted nothing more than to push him out the door after seeing him climb through the window to stand beside her, doing his best to not leave any dirt on her bed as he left his old boots outside where they belonged with spiders and other creepy crawlies.

Truly, their mother would have been proud, given how she always berated him about it in his youth.

"Ahem..." she insisted, folding her arms around the pillow she still held.

"Oh, uhh..." he lifted a hand to scratch his head, smiling apologetically. "Sorry for taking so long."

"... that's fine," she smiled back, feeling sheepish all of a sudden. She never could stay mad at him.

"So... I guess dinner is off the menu?" he queried.

"That depends..." she said, turning her back to him. "Did you catch anything?"

"As if I wouldn't?" he boasted, "C'mon, Emi... have a little faith in your poor brother."

She spun around to meet his tease with a frown. "Oh, don't you even think about that time when-" she paused, eyes wide at what stared at her. In a heartbeat she wanted to hide, wanted to scream. Emeryl was fortunately too surprised at her silly expression to follow her gaze before she immediately went to sit back on her bed, legs crossed, face red. At least she hoped he was too slow to notice.

He blinked at what he saw before he dared to ask. "Did... did I miss something?"

"NO!" she blurted, trying not to let the cold damp spot on her bed irritate her too much. It was not exactly a pleasant feeling to hide as a shiver ran through her, making her hug the pillow in her arms even tighter with dismay. "I... can you please... please give me a little privacy? It's all I ask."

Emeryl raised an eyebrow at that. "Uhh... sure thing... I guess?" he accepted with a reluctant nod. She knew he wanted to know what got her all flustered but the pleading look in her gaze told him everything he needed to know as he turned toward the door, reaching out for the knob to turn. Fate, sadly, wanted the last laugh as he tried to wriggle it open, only to look back at her with that same apologetic smile that made her want to drown a puppy. It was far too innocent to ignore.

"Oh for heaven's sake..." she sighed in defeat. She forgot where she put the key.

12