Dreams Ch. 01

Story Info
A young girl is consumed with flowers and meadows.
1.7k words
3.33
10.7k
00

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/09/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AmandaFFMek
AmandaFFMek
11 Followers

I wept so suddenly I knew not where it came from. I was surprised beyond belief. It just came and came. The tears flooded down my face as my mother knocked on my door and became alarmed as she saw me.

"What is it?!" she asked me her voice practically shrieking

"Mother I do not know.....," it still continued.

"Well sit here and let me get some tissue," she got up and retrieved it from the nightstand next to the bed we sat on.

It continued for several minutes like this. There was nothing I could do to stop it. Suddenly, I began to feel dizzy and extremly tired. "Mom, I need to lay down now" I told her. So I layed down and immediatly I was sleeping. I was in a peaceful meadow it contained flowers everywhere. I just stood there as if waiting. Waiting for something to happen. Nothing happened. I stood among the flowers and just felt an immense amount of peace and joy.

The flowers were all sorts of different colors and the sun was belting down nicely all over everything. The air was cool and despite the strong sun, it was not hot. Everything was perfact. It did not even occur to me that it was strange that I was even there in the first place. All that mattered was that I was happy and nothing was wrong with anything. I was standing there for several hours it seemed just staring at the colors in the flowers. The yellows, the whites, blues, greens. And so many different varieties. Although I do not know their names, they were very lovely to look at.

I felt dizzy again and I needed to lay down. The beds of flowers began to look very comfortable. But before I went to lay on them I collapsed.

Everthing in the room was normal as it was when she fell asleep. Strange. She was alone as well. Her mother left her to sleep. Perhaps she just figured, it was a sudden bout of the depression that her doctor had pronounced her with. The dream she had was strange. She had never had that kind of dream before. Nothing happened. She thought to her self. She shrugged it off and noticed that she was underneath her blankets. So she removed them and stood up. Waiting for either the tears or the dizzyness to return she sat on the edge of her bed. It didnt come to her. Thankfully she finished getting up and walked out the door.

Her mom must have left the house as well because she seemed to be alone. She wondered down the hall and found the stairs. The only light was the stairwell light. The open banister let it flow into the hall upstairs. She continued to the stairs and began her descent.

The living room and kitchen were also empty. Nearly confirming that she was alone. The bathroom light and the kitchen lights were on downstairs and it comforted her, because she was afraid of both being alone and being in the dark. But the shadows still played tricks on her mind and she thought she saw movement in the den or spare bedroom. Weary of seeing who or what was there, she stood still. Her heart beat rapidly. She needed to go into the room and see if there was anyone there. It was the only way her heart would feel better. Slowly she picked her foot off the floor and moved it forward, then she did the same with her other one. Moving towards the room she flipped the lightswitch on in the hallway. Her heart still racing she slowly looked into the room. Nothing.

She laughed at herself for the sillyness.

In the kitchen she got herself something to eat and a glass of water. She sat down at the table and began to eat. She remembered her book that she was reading, but it was upstairs and she didnt feel like going to get it. But she wanted it so badly. Books were her life, she would spend hours, days in her room reading. She never tired of them and they were her only comfort when she was lonely, depressed, sad, happy. Any emotion she ever felt was comforted by her books. Words, words, words. She was literally in love with them. She used them like they were salt often times. Putting too much in her sentences and choking other people by the extra amount. Books and words were her only friends.

Outside, she heard a car pull up and a door shut. She was happy to see that it was her older sister come through the door and let a draft of the winter air in. But she stormed upstairs and didnt even say hi. After a couple minutes she heard another car door shut and her mother walked in the door letting a second draft waft into the house and a shivered crawled over her body. Her mother didn't look happy.

"Katy, hi honey, sorry to leave you alone after you passed out, your breathing was fine and you had no temperature, so I tucked you in....," her mother was trying to explain why she left her, but there was no need. Katy understood.

"Mom, its OK. Don't worry, I"m fine," she answered. "What's wrong with her?"

"Shes mad at me," her mom replied, she took her shoes off and hung her coat up on the rack.

"Why?"

"Because I wont let her go to a binge-drinking party."

"Oh......," Katy couldnt understand, her sister always went to those and didnt even bother asking for permission. She wondered what made the difference this time.

"Don't worry about it, she'll be fine." her mother's expression was grim. Much to grim for a simple argument. There was more to the story, but she didnt want to press so she dropped it. She felt as if it wasn't any of her business. Her mother went upstairs and Katy was alone again. Alone.

What a feeling. The ultimate privacy. You can do anything and the only person there to judge you is yourself.

Katy finished her food and drank the rest of her water, she needed to go back upstairs to find out what happens next to her latest heroin. She rinsed off the plate and set it in the sink. The glass broke when she tried to duplicate the action. Her finger was bleeding badly. "MOM!"

Her mother came running downstairs, noticing the distress in her voice. "What? What happened? Oh, my god Katy!"

"Ouch it hurts!" Katy whined.

"I know, I know" her mother went to the cupboard where she kept extra bandages and wraps and ointments. Being as how her mother was a doctor, she had plenty. "Stand still and stop shaking your hand." her mother was trying to calm her.

"Alright....," her voice was weak and she felt dizzy again. It was the sight of blood. She was sure of it. Her breath was short and her head began to throb. Her heart was racing once more. Nothing about the situation was alright. Her mother sensed that it was worse than a cut finger.

"Katy, I'm taking you to the hospital, there we....will....," but her voice trailed and then there was nothing but light. Thud.

The flowers were as beautiful as they were before. The many colors surrounded her once more. The peace and joy came back like flood gates thrown open. It was so immense and the feeling so wonderful. She never wanted to leave again. But this time her consciousness was there. She wasn't clouded by the peace feeling. She felt it and bathed in it but it wasn't as overcome by it. There was another difference, someone was standing in front of her.

Almost too surprised to speak she stared. What she saw was a boy no older than she was and he had sandy brown hair and was extremely good looking. The redness in her cheeks flushed her when she thought of that. But she still stared at him. He only stared right back at her. He was not surprised though, his mouth was smiling at her. He looked so happy! She didnt know why, but she knew he was happy to see her. Happy to not be alone any longer on this plain of flowers.

"Who are you?" Katy asked the boy.

He was shocked that she was speaking to him. She was shocked as well. The she became extremely aware of the fact that she was soaking up his feelings like they were the flood gates that had been opened when she first arrived here. She also came to the conclusion that that's what she was feeling all along. His feelings. His thoughts as well.

How did you come here? She heard him say this to her inside his head. His lips moved but nothing came out. Only the voice inside her mind is what she heard. The voice and the lips were out of synch anyways.

"I don't know....I cut my finger and passed out....," she answered him.

Can I ask your name, or do you not know that as well? She hinted a trace of sarcasm. Why he said it that way, she couldn't understand. Nevertheless she told him that was well.

He stepped closer to her and grabbed her hand. Do you want to stay with me?

"Stay with you?" watching him look at her, she felt dizzy again.

Yes, stay with me, here, I can take care of you.

She was speechless and didnt know what to say.

Katy, I love you.

She collapsed.

Once again I was in my bed, alone, and the bandage on my cut finger my only friend, besides the light from the bedside lamp. I decided I was content just laying there. She thought about the dream she had when she was sleeping. It was wonderful, and oh! That boy was incredibly cute. He said "I love you". She grinned and giggled to herself. He was real. The thought left my mind as soon as it came. Almost as if I didnt think it at all. Despite wanting to read my book I turned the light out and closed my eyes. Hoping the dream would return to me.

It didn't.

AmandaFFMek
AmandaFFMek
11 Followers