Drew Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

************************************************

"We need to find other things to do with our time Drew. You can't keep me in bed for the entire length of your holiday." She chided when he reached out to her after a short nap and proceeded to arouse her pliant body once again.

"About that," he said seriously, rolling off her in the process, "I need to discuss something with you."

"What?" trepidation seeping into her voice even as she said it.

"I wanted you to make a choice. I'm inclined to stay here with you. Malindi is a lovely place and I can work from here. Or I can take you with me after my vacation is over. You don't have to answer right away. Mull on it some."

He was leaning on his arms, looking at her from under heavy lids.

"The foreign legion has a branch here?" she asked saying the first thing that came to mind.

"No silly. I write."

"What do you mean you write?" she asked sitting up in bed and feeling heat creep into her skin as his eyes followed the jiggling of her breasts. Any attempt to cover up was quickly slapped away and she lit a cigarette instead. When he motioned for one, she didn't have the energy to deny him.

"Fiction mostly. Sometimes when I am moved I also do social commentary and such for some papers."

"I never did ask, where are you based?"

"New York and Florence. I sort of shuttle between those two. I left the foreign legion about three years ago." He added for clarity.

"I don't have to think about it baby." she told him watching with laughing eyes as he turned fully towards her. He looked like an expectant puppy. It was adorable.

"Yes.......stop with the suspense." He hissed grabbing her waist and pulling her closer.

"How can I possibly pass up a chance to live in Florence?! Of course I'll come with you." She told him and felt the tension ease out of his body. He sighed so relieved she laughed at him, earning herself a whooping kiss.

"Now, get ready for dinner. Don't worry, Mom won't attack you, she loves you too much. Much of her disappointment lies in the fact that she thought you were a really good stable base for Nate. Mila will let Nathan walk all over her when what he needs is a woman to centre him. So it's not you baby, it's the Mila factor." Drew assured her as he put the clasp of a necklace around her neck. She looked at the mirror and smiled appreciatively turning her neck to kiss him.

"It's lovely Drew, thanks. Also you are branding me aren't you?" she asked.

He didn't answer and instead chose to run a loose hand down her butt pulling her into him. She melted into his frame and inhaled him deeply. He smelt of citrus flavored shower gel and black pepper. An interesting and rather pleasant scent.

"Let's be gone!" he announced dramatically, holding the door open for her.

***********************************************

"Ooooh, you're branded!How God-awfully cute!" Brian said with a laugh as he hugged her. Marci was for the ten millionth time thanking the stars for dark skin. She would have blushed furiously at that. Hugging him back, she then stepped out of his arms and spotted her friends Tylor and Natalie a little way off from where she stood with Drew and Brian.

"Excuse me boys.....girl chat coming up!"

She crossed the distance quickly enough and couldn't help the joy she got from being hugged and fussed over by her friends. She was glad she had them and they were in her corner on the whole Mila thing.

"Tell you something weird, I don't think Nathan sperminated her. Y'all should ask for a DNA test." Natalie quipped making the other two laugh uncomfortably. Natalie herself was unmoved by the suggestion and took a huge gulp of her bright coloured drink.

"Sperminated? Yuckoid word!" Tylor commented and the girls burst out laughing like little girls. When Marci looked up after wiping tears out of her eyes, her gaze met Drew's across the room. She stilled and he smiled at her. It was such a warm and genuine smile her heart leaped up wildly in her rib cage.

"Movie moment about to happen." Natalie said sending the three girls into another fit of giggles. Marci could feel the effects of the giggling spread through her. She felt lighter, safer and definitely less evil. She'd begun having very uncharitable thoughts towards Mila who up until two or so days ago, was a friend of the group. To be honest though, the girl had an attitude that wasn't exactly begging for sympathy votes.

Marci told the girls about her awkward and short lived visit from morning. They again found it hilarious. Natalie and Mila had never really got along so Natalie didn't restrain herself from the bitchy comments.

"If I may have her for a few minutes girls, I have the most urgent urge to make out." Drew interrupted them putting his arms around Marci from the back. She hadn't heard or seen him coming towards them and she jumped in surprise.

"Go ahead you love sick puppy. Just come back with fresh drinks. Anything potent and brightly coloured." Tylor ordered as Drew guided Marci out to the patio. It smelt lovely. Jasmines and summer mixed with a hint of ocean. It was gorgeous. Unlike last time she was there, she could now appreciate the work Drew's mom had put into the garden. It was beautiful and Marci inhaled in deeply, resting in Drew's arms.

"You seem better. Your friends are good for you." He commented placing a kiss a top her head.

"Yeah, they are a trip. Love them." She murmured. Hearing leaves rustling behind her; she turned in Drew's arms and saw his mother walking towards them. Her attempts to break free of Drew's arms were stopped by an iron grip and she remained where she was.

"Hey you two! Marci, Drew tells me you are terrified I might eat you or something." The tiny woman said with a laugh.

She was ridiculously small especially when she stood next to her sons who were comparatively taller than most men Marci knew. She had Drew's eyes in both colour and intensity. All in all, a strikingly beautiful woman, petite and very astute.

"Not to worry my dear. I've always known Drew would pull a stunt and steal you from whoever he found you with. I think the boy loved you when you let the air out of his tires after your birthday." She chuckled and Marci groaned out loud. Only Brian knew it was her who had vandalized Drew's car. He'd attended her birthday with a girlfriend and kissed her chastely on the forehead. She had been livid.

"We knew sweetie. CCTv in the parking." Drew told her easily making her hide her face in his shirt with another groan. Drew and his mother laughed.

"Ok, let me try to get a smile out of the walking zombie that is Mila. Marci, take care of Drew. He's special. More special than most." And with a kiss on each of their cheeks, she gracefully glided back to the house.

"Told you there was nothing to worry about. My mother loves me, she'd like me happy. You make me happier than I have ever been. It's enough for her. Ok, she'\s complaining about me moving out of her house without notice. She said it wasn't polite." He chuckled into her hair which was worn down today.

"What was that Nat was saying about DNA tests?" Drew asked her as they watched his mother walk into the house and find Mila right at the door. The body language wasn't encouraging and Marci turned away. It was painful to watch.

"You heard that? What are you, a bat?" she asked him in surprise.

"No, I can lip read. I'm a very accomplished man." Drew declared vainly and Marci laughed.

"She thinks Mila's playing Nathan."

"Is she?"

"How would I know, do I look like a DNA test?" Marci asked instead of answering Drew. She didn't want to pursue this particular topic of conversation so led the question forming on Drew's mouth by kissing him, hard. He groaned and pulled her tighter onto him.

"You taste like I'm about to get a hangover." He chuckled and she laughed. Natalie's drink was indeed potent.

"Hey, the girls' drinks!" she shrieked as she remembered.

She doubted that they were silently waiting in a corner for her to bring their drinks. Knowing the magnetic power of both of them, she was sure they had a throng of willing and very quick footed men waiting with bated breath to do their bidding.

"Yeah." Drew agreed reluctantly and they headed back into the house. Sure enough, Tylor and Natalie were surrounded by about four guys all doing the human version of the cock fight just less violent.

"There's no way I am letting you go there." Drew told her and led her towards an older crowd. She thought it was going to be a quiet dinner but evidently Drew's mom had changed her mind and decided to have yet another party. It was in full swing as she politely said hello to Drew's drunk relatives. Maybe Drew and her were late, she thought, judging by how much "happier" everyone else seemed.

"So when are you two getting married?" one of his uncles asked her and she chocked on her drink.

"When we're ready." Drew answered simply giving her a look that she knew he was going to ask about her shock at the question. She was also asking herself the same thing. She'd agreed to live with him; it was only natural that marriage would somehow come up without causing her massive heart failure.

"Don't take too long Andrew, she's very fetching." One of the group said and they burst into laughter. Marci was stuck on the word fetching. She didn't think anyone used the word anymore.

"Stop stressing my woman." Drew said with an easy laugh and put his arm around her shoulder. She thought he was just being his usual self until she saw Nathan approach them. Sighing and shaking her head, she deliberately held out her arms for a hug when Nathan stopped in front of them. He hugged her tight and she felt sad for him again. This whole Mila business was getting on everyone's nerves. Looking behind him, she felt relief when there was no sign of Mila.

"How you doing?" she asked when they had pulled back. Drew was regarding them with affection and she was relieved he was at least making an effort to let her and her ex-boyfriend be friends.

"Not so good actually." Nathan said in his trademark honest way. Marci looked at him in question and he led her away from the group that seemed to consist of mostly his uncles. With an apologetic look at Drew, she followed Nathan out to the patio.

"What's up sweetie?" she asked as they sat down on some stumps.

"I have been asked to do some tests, apparently none of my friend trust Mila. I am not sure how to even go about it! How do I start? And more importantly, do I want to? Having a baby is sort of dulling the pain of being single once again!" He was just about pouting and Marci resisted the urge to laugh out loud.

"Here's the thing Nate, a baby is a huge deal. I am of the opinion that you think about this whole marriage thing. I grew up in a single parent family for most of the part and I think I turned out ok. I am yet to join Hezbollah. So, don't feel pressured into being with someone because of a baby. You can be a great dad without marriage. About the DNA thing, that's your call but if you decide to do it, honesty in the best policy. Just tell her. Besides, with the kind of money you guys have, it's sorta normal that you would like to be sure." Marci paused to find Nathan staring at her in semi-awe.

"Is it always this simple for you?" he asked in amazement at her simplification of matters.

"I wish! Good advice, the best thing you can do with it is pass it on!" She quipped and stood to go join Drew. She was missing him. This thought brought a smile to her lips and she shook herself.

As Nathan and she were walking into the house, she noticed Drew wasn't where she'd left him. Furrowing her brow, her eyes darted to the bar, then to her friends. He wasn't to be seen. On asking the uncles where he'd gone off to, she was shown the front door. Thinking he'd probably gone to answer his phone away from the noise, she went out to join him and perhaps smoke a cigarette as well.

Opening the door, she found Drew. He wasn't alone.

Pulling out of a woman's rather enthusiastic and clearly-not-innocent embrace, Drew turned to look at the open door and Marci registered his guilty look. She was after all a lawyer; she could spot guilt a mile away.

"Marci." He stated unnecessarily. He shifted further away from the woman who still had a hand on him.

She turned to look at the woman who was eyeing her with open hostility. She'd never met or seen her but she had to admit, she was gorgeous. In the same league as Natalie even.

"Hi Marci. I'm Keri. Andrew's wife." The woman introduced coolly, stretching out a perfectly manicured hand.

12