Duplicity Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They had no choice but to navigate through the strip of land through a narrow and windy road. Immediately after they would find the pier and their waiting boat. The road had been conveniently covered in freshly laid cement. All the warnings and detour signs for it had mysteriously disappeared. This was thanks to a couple of young men who had the pleasure of meeting Merle and Layla early on. One of them, named Nico, still had a splint in his hand as he nursed a broken finger. When they found out Merle needed help, they quickly got over their differences and offered to help.

The SUVs wouldn't realize it until they were stuck in the cement and it was too late.

Jason and Sienna and their group got out of their cars and went in position. There were piles of rotten food and manure ready to be hurled down to them, just in case back up didn't come in time. People were armed with sticks, guns and whatever they could find. Everyone took their places.

_______

The limo made a sharp left down a road in an effort to avoid some kind of overturned truck up ahead. The caravan continued on its way without complication. This was the last turn they'd take before the long and windy road which led to the pier.

They stopped at a light and a group of boys jumped on the sides of the limo and attempted to wash its window for change. The driver was annoyed and tried to shoo them away. However one bold one in particular suctioned his face to the dark tinted window as he tried to look inside.

Sean glanced out of the window and managed to fight a smile. It was the mischievous boy who hustled him days before. He noticed he still wore the watch he gave him. The boy let out a big toothy grin as he waved enthusiastically to the people inside. He couldn't see the people inside but he knew they were there. It wasn't too out of the ordinary for street kids to get excited with fancy cars they encountered. Sean knew when he saw the boy, it meant everything was on schedule.

Rollins didn't seem to notice and so Sean continued. "That day after you spoke to Sienna and Jason and convinced them... I was crazy. Wait, what did you call it? You said I was a paranoid schizophrenic with a tendency of multiple personality disorder." Sean let out a laugh. "You must've pulled that shit straight out of your ass. What were you describing yourself? I knew you would try to convince them to turn me in. Sienna might be a pain in the ass with her worrying, but she's the one person that knows me inside out. She didn't believe your bullshit story, but she put on a good show to make you believe she did."

Sean now stared at Rollins and took a long swig from the flask. He let out a contented groan after swallowing.

Rollins had enough of Sean beating around the bush. He grabbed the gun that suddenly appeared by his side. He aimed it straight at Sean's head. "You're pathetic. Trying to delay the inevitable? Now, where is it?"

"It's funny, I practically gave you the story and you fell for it."

Rollins pursed his lips. It was sad what bullshit people spewed when they were about to die.

"Oh just shut up already and give it to me."

Sean shrugged his shoulders as he conceded. He reached into his jacket and withdrew the device. Rollins snatched it from him and with the butt of his gun smashed the small apparatus. Then he doused it with the last of the brandy, lit a match and set it on fire over the cigarette tray.

Finally Rollins let out a contented breath and aimed the glock at Sean again. Although surprisingly Sean still seemed unfazed.

"Can I ask you something?"

Rollins had enough of him, but he humored him. "What?"

"What if that was not the original? I know you've had me followed since I got here, but what if Jason, my silly sister's dumb fiancé, slipped out the day before his bachelor party, flew to Germany on his private jet and hand delivered the original device to headquarters? What if within the last hour every one of your camps is been raided simultaneously by teams of Special Forces and every mole on that list apprehended? What if we find each and every survivor and start an aggressive Obatnya detox treatment?"

Silence.

"What if this elaborate plan to capture me was actually an elaborate plan to capture you?"

Rollins stared at him for a moment then broke out in laughter. There was no way that could happen. Maybe his diagnosis was right, this guy really was delusional. His finger slowly tugged the trigger. It was time to end Sean.

Suddenly the car jolted and swayed from side to side and then slowed down. It sounded like the tires exploded. A firestorm of shots of were fired into through each car window. Through the windows canisters of gas whizzed throughout the car. The doors were somehow now locked, they cars were stuck in place.

When Rollins looked at Sean again, a breathing mask had already mysteriously appeared over his whole face. Rollins held his breath, but ultimately coughed and coughed. He tried to shot Sean but he easily dodged the bullets as his aim was off.

The men screamed while trying to escape. Some tried to shoot their way out, but by that time the gas had already made them sleepy until finally they all passed out.

Sean lunged at him, retrieved the glock and quickly dismantled it. Rollins continued to cough until his body hunched over.

Then with precision and perfect timing, droves of soldiers swarmed the SUV's. They helped Sean out of the car and placed a semi-conscious Rollins in restraints along with all of his men.

In the commotion Sean tried to find Sienna and Jason and make sure they were all ok. He couldn't believe it, it actually worked. After all this time, Rollins was finally captured.

Finally they would all be brought to justice.

Rollins would finally face a military tribunal and answer for his crimes.

Before they dragged him away, Rollins's eyes met and Sean's and he let out a soft smile. The way his dead eyes looked at Sean, unnerved him. He couldn't help but walk towards to Rollins to see what he'd say. It would probably be the last time he'd see him.

Rollins coughed and took a deep breath. He regarded Sean for a minute before whispering, "And what if you don't get to her in time?"

At seeing Sean's surprised face, Rollins let out a chuckle before he was beckoned away by the soldiers restraining him.

...

In that moment everything around Sean slowed and blurred. His heart stopped beating and his voice was lost. He snapped.

Sean ran after Rollins and punched him in the back of the head. The older man fell to the floor as Sean unleashed blow after blow on him. Even when blood covered his knuckles and Rollins was no longer moving Sean continued to land punches on him with a crunch. There was yelling all around him, the soldiers kept trying to pry him off of him, but Sean couldn't hear them. Finally four soldiers tackled Sean to the ground. They finally took Rollins away now in need of medical attention. They held Sean tight until he was calm enough to let go.

"Get off of me!" Sean roared. He slowly got up disoriented.

At that moment Sienna and Jason came running down the hill toward them.

Sean couldn't find his breath. It was hard to breathe. He was dizzy. "Layla. He has Layla." He managed to say.

"Wait what?" Sienna hurriedly asked. "The last I checked Layla was safely boarding her flight."

Jason quickly dialed the guard assigned to watch over her and make sure she got on the plane safe and sound. "There's no answer."

Jason made another call. When he was done, his face paled. "It looks like the guard is missing and Layla never made it on her flight."

"Oh my God. No!" Sienna cried. "Wait Sean, where are you going? You can't go by yourself! Sean, please!"

Sean had already sprang into action and started running away. He couldn't hear Sienna. He couldn't see or feel anything.

He jumped into one of the now empty SUVs with shattered windows. He sped off like a bat out of hell as he frantically searched through his phone.

There was no time to strategize. There was no time to ask for help. He needed to act. Quickly. Nothing else mattered but her.

12