Dynamic Duo Pt. 01

Story Info
A short romantic story.
7k words
4.53
12.4k
8

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/24/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

AN: This is intended to be a short romance story with multiple characters. It will definitely be a slow burn, so if you was something more tantalizing, please skip this story and chose another one more of your liking.

This chapter contains *NO SEX*. My goal is to write a compelling story that progresses naturally.

Also, all characters in this story are above the age of consent.

I look forward to reading your thoughts, but I will delete any abusive and/or hate-filled comments.

Thank you for reading my work. I truly hope you enjoy it.

IR2R

*****

*****PROLOGUE*****

*****PROLOGUE*****

"Look at them, so peaceful, so adorable." Shia Seales whispered. Her companion agreed. The two toddlers were beautiful. He was bias because, what dad did not think his children were special.

Soon the twins slept deeply. Tyrone James followed his ex-girlfriend back to the front of her house. "Babe, come here," Tyrone whispered.

Shia shoved him away. "Stop Tyrone, I've told you. We will raise the girls and nothing more."

Tyrone sighed, "Shia, I know I messed up, but give me a chance. Come on, you know you want to."

Her older sister walked in and Tyrone stepped back. "Hey Ty, checking on the girls?" She asked. Annette was more than aware of Tyrone's intentions where her younger sister was concerned. Tyrone knew Annette wasn't fond of him. She glared at him, even though her words were innocuous.

Annette remembered when all of this began. Three years ago was when the true strength of her mother and sister was revealed to her. It was a dark and scary time. She came home from class late one night, just as Mom made it home. Shia was crying as she made dinner. Momma froze and Shia sobbed softly. "What is it?" she demanded. It was then that Shia revealed that she was pregnant. She was so scared. Annette simply held her little sister. She stood behind her as she faced their mom.

Mom lashed out. "What? Pregnant? You ...! I've sacrificed for you. I gave up everything for you and your repay me by getting knocked up."

"Momma, calm down." Annette pleaded.

"Shia, Annette, just leave me alone. I need a moment." Harriet whispered. She failed again. First, Annette was hurt by her uncle when she was younger and now Shia had gotten caught up. After everything she had gone through, she still failed her girls. Harriet cried. She knew this would cause her daughter to have a hard life.

Then she remembered her past. She had Annette and ended up in a shelter. She fought to raise her girls and keep them safe. Harriet worked hard, two and sometimes three jobs. Her one, true regret was paying her aunt to watch her girls.

Harriet would never forgive herself for what her oldest daughter endured. It worked out. Even though her aunt, her only family disowned them, she made sure her uncle went to prison.

When Annette turned seven and Shia was five, Harriet managed to get a job for the city. With the amount she was being paid, she could work one job and be home for her children. Harriet vowed that her girls would have a better life than she did.

"Look, Ty, mom will be home soon. You need to go." Shia added.

Tyrone looked at her and stated, "I'm done wasting my time with you." Then he left.

Annette sat with her sister. She didn't say a word. Tyrone James was a waste of space. Shia could do much better. Besides, mom would be home soon, and both girls knew he was checking on her grand-babies.

Shia was silent. She had just turned eighteen. Her daughters would be three in a few weeks. Shia was lucky. She had help. Her mom and sister were her rock. Her mother did not care for Tyrone, but despite that, she insisted that he helped with his daughters.

Harriet walked in and she knew something was wrong. Annette had made dinner, and the babies were asleep.

Before they slept, Shia talked to her mother and sister about Tyrone. Harriet listened, but advised her daughter to be cautious. She did not like that young man. He was rude, spoiled, and mean. When she was around, he tempered his meanness, but Annette had told her how he often spoke to her sister. That was why he could only visit when she or Annette was home. They didn't trust him around Shia and the twins.

Time passed, and Tyrone's demeanor grew worse. He stopped visiting the girls. When he saw Shia, he made sure he insulted her. Shia ignored him for the most part, but when he started denying their girls, she confronted him.

"Ty, stop. Talk to me." Shia yelled at her ex-boyfriend. Tyrone turned around. He looked at the beautiful girl that a part of him hated. Tyrone could admit the truth. He was a waste. Here he was twenty-two, two kids by a girl who had a real shot of making it, and he truly had nothing to offer.

"What, Shia? Look, why don't you go play with your kids. You three are babies." He laughed.

"Tyrone, what are you doing? You told Miss George that the twins are not yours. How could you? You know that's a lie." Shia ranted.

Tyrone stopped moving. "Look, girl I wasn't your first. For all I know you were already pregnant. Those kids don't even look like me. They look Hispanic or something. Go sell your story someplace else. Now, get the fuck out of my face."

Shia gasped. No one had ever spoken to her like this. Everyone warned her about Tyrone, but he never treated her this way before. Stunned, she watched as he walked away laughing with another female under his arm. Shia turned and went to pick up her girls from daycare. Then she caught the bus home. Her sister, Annette was home. As Shia entered, Annette could see something was wrong.

"Shia, what happened?" She asked. Shia told her and as she cried, Annette was there. "You aren't alone, little sis. I'm here, momma's here. Kita and Tika will have everything we can give them. Don't worry about that fool. Let him go. It's his loss."

Shia cried over Tyrone for the last time. Time passed and he moved away. At the age of eighteen, Shia Seale was a single mother of two curious three year-olds. In a few months, she was graduating, and then going to trade school.

Shia

Shia graduated and decided that she's take care of her girls despite what others thought. Going to school full time was challenging especially with toddlers, but she was lucky. She had her sister and Mom to help her.

Finishing training, Shia was certified in computer communications and graphic strategies. Because of her work ethnic, he was scheduled for interviews, and was hired by a local company instantly.

Shia was excited and took this opportunity seriously. She reported in on day one on time and was put to work straightaway.

The pay was good, and Shia really liked most of her coworkers. Her boss, Mr. Brighton, was a sweetheart, and he made sure to check in with everyone each day.

Sadly, he had a medical issue and his nephew was taking over his post. Shia wasn't too worried. She'd do her job. However, the first day her new boss was taking over, circumstances caused Shia to report in late.

Sure enough he was waiting and looking at his watch. Not one to cause a scene, Shia clocked in and reported to her station. She was not surprised when a reprimand landed on her desk. Shrugging her shoulders, Shia resolved to make sure this did not happen again.

Time passed, and the younger Mr. Brighton was nothing like his uncle. The fur flew one day when senior Brighton stopped by, and everyone greeted him enthusiastically. A meeting was called and he informed everyone that he was stepping down. He also announced the retirement of his longtime assistant, Ms. Chew.

His nephew spoke and like that the mantle was passed on. Chris Brighton had no intention of replacing his uncle permanently. However, after his uncle's announcement, he literally had no choice.

As he finished writing a quick report, he saw her. He noticed her when he first came to the office. She was efficient. It was after five and she had not left yet. Chris smiled, she was late the first day he came, but after that she was never late again. Everyone liked her. His uncle sang her praises. Even, Ms. Chew, his uncle's assistant bragged on one Miss Shia Seales. Yes, he knew her name. He also knew she drank cocoa and not coffee. Often she brought her lunch, and never left the office during the day. He'd wonder, and maybe one day, he would have an excuse to talk to her and learn more.

Months went by, and Chris never failed to work on Saturday. Shia actually came in, one Saturday to finish up some reports when she saw that Chris was there. He smiled, and the two spent the day working together. Their friendship blossomed, with him offering her the job of his executive assistant. At first Shia refused, but the benefits alone were worth it. The guys that worked joked with each other. Chris felt like the odd man out. Soon half of the day was done, and Chris ordered lunch for everyone.

After working together for a few years, Chris realized he wanted something more, something deeper than just friendship. Not realizing that he was attracted to her, Shia treated him as one of the guys. Work progressed and someone planned a family day. Chris attended as did his uncle. He was welcomed and his uncle received warmly. He was disappointed to see that Shia was not there. Then she walked in with the cutest little girls.

Chris smiled as the girls, now five charmed everyone in the office. Mr. Brighton greeted them and they knew him. Shia laughed, as Chris joined them. The twins eyed him warily, but were polite.

Years Later

LaKita

"Momma, do you have to work this weekend?" Nineteen year old LaKita Seales asked. She liked Mr. Brighton, but ever since her mom became his personal assistant years ago, he wanted her to work all of them. LaKita was not blind; at nineteen she knew what it looked like when a guy had his eyes on you. Well, Christopher Brighton had been eyeing her mom for years now. He never made a move. She wondered if it was a class issue, or maybe even a racial issue. What if Chris was just shy? She'd call Tika and see what she thought.

"Yes. I do. I know for some reason you and your sister want me at this party, but I can't come. I'll try to stop by OK." Shia promised. Kita smiled. If what she was thinking was right, Mom would stop by but she would not be alone. Chris was coming with.

There best friend's dad was visiting. Maybe if Chris saw that there were other prospects around Mom, he'd make a move.

"Now, young lady, tell me about these young men that you and your sister are dating?" Shia asked. Having lost her mom a few years ago to diabetes, Shia now appreciated everything she tried to teach her. Her sister Annette now lived near her. Years of therapy helped her come to terms with the abuse she suffered and she was coping now. Annette even allowed her boyfriend, Cedric to move in with her. Shia suspected that Cedric wanted to marry her sister, but Annette wasn't ready.

LaKita was dating a guy and he was coming to the party. However, she knew neither Mom nor Chris would approve. So she told Shia that she was seeing someone. Shia frowned.

"Tell me about him?" She pressed.

"He lives in the neighborhood with his grandma. He is looking for work, and I'm helping him with applications and stuff." LaKita explained.

Shia frowned, "Did he finish school?" She asked.

LaKita looked away, "No, he dropped out in tenth, but school isn't for everyone. I mean, he does ok."

"LaKita, I don't like this. I want to meet him." Shia insisted.

LaTika was silent. She'd met Rufus and didn't like him. She told her sister to stop fooling with him. But Kita wanted to try and help him.

Then Shia faced LaTika, as LaTika sighed.

"Momma, don't worry about us. When are you going to get Chris to propose?" LaTika teased.

Shia laughed. "Chris is my friend. nothing more. We owe him and honestly; I would have not made it without him."

LaTika smiled, but Shia returned to the topic at hand. "Now, LaTika, I want a name?"

LaTika laughed. "Momma, his name is Jared. He works at AutoTech. You'll meet him tonight."

Shia smiled.

LaTika

Mom had to work again. She and Kita were not stupid. Chris just wanted Mom to be with him. Years ago, when they were fifteen, Chris came by their house. Grandma was alive and she told him to stop being so afraid. Shia was waiting on him. After that, Chris spent so much time with them that when Grandma passed way he had to sit with the family at her funeral.

Now, this weekend, he needed Mom to work. Tika laughed. More than likely, he was making sure no other men spent time with the woman everyone knew he considered his.

As she drove home from her anatomy class, her phone rang. "Momma said she has to work."

LaTika sighed, "Old Chris needs to step up. How many year has he watched Momma?"

Kita laughed, "You know exactly. Almost fourteen and it's past time. Look, I talked with Becky and Amy. They agree. It's time for our mom and their uncle to do the damn thang. They are crazy for each other and everyone knows it."

Tika nodded, not that Kita could see her though the phone. "Maybe we should give him a push. I have an idea. Let's invite Kya's dad to the party. He is one good looking guy. When Chris sees that he has competition, he's bound to ask her out or something."

Tika agreed with her sister. They were a family and it a time for their Mom and pseudo-Dad to make it official. Both girls knew how their birth father abandoned them but ever since they were six years old and met Chris, he was the best Dad a little girl could wish for. Not a birthday went uncelebrated; a Christmas went by without gift. On father's day when they were ten, they gave him a gift and a card; he cried, and he still had the card on the mantle in his home. They knew because for as long as they could remember, Chris's home was a second home to them.

The girls hang up and Kita called her friend. Kya did not agree at first because she was aware that Chris liked their mom. However, her Dad was always willing to prank someone and she'd ask him to attend. The plan was now in motion.

Ring, ring! Chris looked at his phone. It was LaKita. He knew the girls had plans for a get together Saturday, and he had asked Shia to come in and help him finish a few reports. The twins would not be happy. Actually, they were not working. He had a surprised planned for all three of his girls. He prayed that the finale worked out in his favor.

"Hello, LaTika, I know you're ticked off. I promise, your Mom will be free by noon." He promised.

"That's OK. We know you have important stuff to do." LaTika paused. "It's just that, we want to make sure you're coming to the party tomorrow night?"

Chris smiled, "I wouldn't miss it." Then they exchanged times and then hang up.

Yes, tonight was a game changer. LaTika smiled as she called her sister to tell her everything was a go. It was way past time. Even Aunt Annette agreed with them. Chris pretended he was a friend, yet, he and Mom never went beyond friendship. All of the glances, remarks, and thing others said confused them, but as they got older they knew how Chris looked at their Mom. He made sure they had every need met. Last year, as they graduated from a prestigious academy, that his family gave them scholarships to attend, Chris stood as proud as any other parent there. Momma stood beside them, and it was obvious that they were together.

"They are coming to this party. OK, LaKita. We're calling in back up." The girls hang up and LaTika called in the big guns, Chris' s aunt, Madge.

Madge had been hinting for years for Chris to stop dragging his feet. Yet her nephew was stubborn. She was more than ready to light a fire under her nephew.

Shia

Her girls were adults now. Shia looked in the mirror in her bedroom. She didn't look old enough to have twenty year old daughters. At thirty six, she was still hot. Her phone rang and of course, it was her boss and friend Chris.

They chatted and she was headed to the office to help him finish up some reports.

As she walked outside, Chris had driven over to pick her up. She could tell from the flushed look on his face someone had taken him to task.

Climbing into the car, she faced him, "What's wrong?"

"Well, Aunt Madge called and accused me of being an insensitive clod. You should have told me you had plans with the girls. I don't need you to come in." Chris explained.

Shia smiled, "Let's go. The quicker we get there, the quicker we will finish." So their short work day began. As Shia worked on proofing his final documents, Chris retrieved a special box from his safe. Placing his prize in his pocket, he submitted the final report and offered to drive Shia home.

She refused, saying she had to do some things. The next few hours were spent purchasing a new outfit for the birthday dinner. Not wanting the time with her to end, Chris asked her to help him choose appropriate gifts for the girls. Shia looked at him strangely. For the past twelve or thirteen years, Chris had a better understanding of her girls than she did.

Soon, he dropped her off and told her that he'd drive her to the party.

At six, Chris was waiting for Shia outside of her home. He was nervous. Tonight was the night. He'd waited fourteen years. He kept his feelings secret, and no one really knew how he felt about Shia. From the moment he saw her the first time, he knew. Over the years, he filled in where he could. He did the small things, things not many would notice. She did. She didn't say anything, but often she'd smile and thank him. He'd dismiss his actions as not important. The girls always called him Chris, but one year they gave him a card and gift on Father's Day. If Chris wasn't hopelessly in love with all three women, he fell that day. His job was stressful, and Shia was always with him. She stayed late, arrived early, an even on his worse days, she looked out for him. Overtime she would rub his shoulders some nights. Sometimes, when he would fall asleep in his office, she'd check on him and make sure he was comfortable.

Shia walked outside and Chris stopped breathing. Gone was her typical tapered office attire, nor did she did she wear her usual jeans and tee shirt. Wearing a pair of black tights, a red and gold printed dropped waist top, Shia looked amazing. Her hair hanged over her shoulders, her dark locks contrasting her beautiful caramel complexion perfectly. Her hazel eyes were highlighted to perfection showing her astonishing beauty that had him fascinated for fourteen years.

Getting out of his car, Chris opened the passenger side door.

"Wow, Chris, you look great!" Shia exclaimed. For the first time in a long time, Chris was dressed casually. Khakis, a gold polo top and work boots. His usually perfectly groomed hair was haphazardly brushed.

She knew both girls insisted that he not wear a suit. She also knew that for some reason he'd do just about anything for her daughters. Shia loved this man. It was silly, and she never wanted him to know. He was her friend.

Chris sat beside her and smiled, "Why thank you, Shia. I must say, you look amazing as well."

Shia laughed and his heart pounded even harder.

Soon they arrived at the restaurant where the girls were having their party. Chris made sure his hand was placed on Shia's waist, sending a clear message. As they entered, everyone welcomed them, especially LaKita and LaTika.

The party was exciting, full of music, food, and fun. Chris was pissed. As soon as they arrived, another man moved in to Shia. He was the father to one of the girl's friends. Chris learned that his name was Jim. He pretended to be friendly, but Chris was not blind. Jim's attempts to get Shia alone, asking her to dance, even pouring on the southern charm did not go unnoticed. Then Chris had a thought, what if Shia liked this guy? Did he have the right to demand anything? Shaking his head, Chris decided to take action, but just as he approached, one of the twins stopped him to introduce her boyfriend. Chris didn't like the guy. He looked around; Shia was still talking to tall, dark, and sexy.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers
12