Dynamic Duo Pt. 02-03

Story Info
A short romantic story.
6.9k words
4.69
6.8k
3

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/24/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

AN: This is intended to be a short romance story with multiple characters. It will definitely be a slow burn, so if you was something more tantalizing, please skip this story and chose another one more of your liking.

Honestly, it could be placed under *nonerotic*. My goal is to write a compelling story that progresses naturally.

Also, all characters in this story are above the age of consent.

I look forward to reading your thoughts, but I will delete any abusive and/or hate-filled comments.

Thank you for reading my work. I truly hope you enjoy it.

*****

Ch. 2

Tyrone James woke up. He was in his forties and felt it was time to settle down. He had his pick of women, but only one girl held his heart. Tyrone smiled. It was time for him to go home. He new Shia was waiting for him. It was time for him to go in a sweep his chocolate drop off of her feet.

Tyrone had no family left in Georgia, but he had plenty of connections. When he asked about Shia, he was surprised to learn that she moved out of the hood. His daughters were adults now. Both were in their twenties at least. He smiled, he knew they'd be happy to see their dad when he came home.

Tyrone shook his head and chuckled. Black women were all the same. All they wanted was attention. His last woman was proof of that. She was one reason he came back home. The dumb bitch was pregnant again and expected him to marry her. She actually told him, that if he didn't marry her this time, she was putting him out. Tyrone decided to save her the trouble and left. He smiled. The tears that dumb bitch cried didn't move him. Her accusation that he was abandoning his kids had no effect on him whatsoever. They weren't the first kids he walked away from, and he was certain they wouldn't be the last.

He was going to see his first born, and maybe he could convince his girls to take care of dear old pop. Besides, Shia was like every other woman. If she raised his daughter just like all of the other women he messed with, then they were prime and ready for old poppa to come in and guide them. They just needed a strong man to lead them. Driving into town, Tyrone drove straight to Ms. Harriet's house. If she welcomed him, he'd have no problems winning over Shia.

When Tyrone walked to the door, he was in for a big surprise. First, a huge black man greeted him, Shia was not inside pining away after him, and he want welcomed anymore.

"Who is it?" Cedric called out.

Frowning, Tyrone answered, "It's me, Tyrone James. I'm looking for Mz. Harriet."

Annette entered the room, "Well, well, well, Tyrone James, come in and let me get a look at you."

Tyrone smiled and Cedric stepped aside. He joined Annette in the dining room where Cedric joined them. She smiled, and Cedric took a seat. He and Annette had been together a few years, so he knew who Tyrone James was, and he also knew there was no way in hell he was getting near Shia, or her girls.

"So Ty, where have you been? You're looking good, boy. Sit" Annette asked and indicated a chair at the table.

"Girl, I been around. Left here went to California. Worked some odd jobs, then got picked up for Child Support and did some time." Tyrone exhaled. "Can a brother get a coffee or something?" He inserted, as Annette laughed and moved to put on some brew. Tyrone kept talking. "Just got out a few years ago. Figured it was time to see my girls."

Annette placed a coffee mug in front of him. Looking at Cedric, he nodded Annette poured him a cup also. Annette was listening to Tyrone's diatribe, not that she agreed with him, but she wanted to alert Shia. Cedric spoke, "So, where are you staying?" He asked.

Tyrone stuttered. "I'll get a room, but first I was hoping to say hi to Ms. Harriet."

Annette sighed, "Momma passed away years ago. It's just Shia and me now."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. Your mother was a good woman. She treated me real good." Tyrone stated thinking, Damn it, it she's dead. I gotta find another way to get to Shia.

"So Shia lives here with the two of you?" Tyrone asked.

Annette smiled. She knew exactly what he wanted. Well, this snake was too late. "No, Shia is happily married with her husband in their own home. I'll tell her you stopped by though. It's time to go Tyrone." Annette stood, as Cedric moved beside her.

Tyrone laughed and then looked pissed. "Wait, that's it welcome home and get out."

Annette smiled, "Tyrone, life didn't stop because you left."

"What about my girls? She kept my girls from me. I deserve the right to find out where my kids are." Tyrone insisted.

Cedric stood. "Look, that's not our concern. Now you need to go." Tyrone stood and stormed out slamming the door. Annette called Shia.

After two rings, Shia picked up. "Hey big sis. Are you volunteering to babysit?" Shia asked.

Carson was a good baby. He slept through the night. Shia loved being a new mom and Chris spoiled her and the baby rotten. At six months old, Carson was already trying to crawl and cooing. Shia was excited because in a few days, her daughters were coming home for a visit. Chris insisted that they stay with them and she had their room prepared.

"You know I would love to keep my nephew. But that's not why I'm calling. Tyrone stopped by. He claims he is here to see the girls." Annette explained.

Shia froze, "Are you serious?"

Annette laughed, "Yes, he just left. Shia, he has no clue where you live, but he can find you. Be careful. Call Chris."

Shia agreed, and then she messaged her husband. Chris was in a meeting when he received the text from Shia; he had to finish this, but he'd call home as soon as he had a break.

Shia had to go out. Carson needed pampers and formula, so pushing Annette's warning out of her head, she headed to the local market. As usual the store was crowded. Taking her 6 month old out of the car, Shia secured in into a basket seat and headed into the store. Speaking to a few neighbors, she moved on to make her purchases. Carson started gurgling and Shia was distracted momentarily. She was unaware that someone had joined her.

"Cute kid. How much they paying you to watch him?" Tyrone asked. Shia jumped.

"Tyrone, what are you doing here?" She queried.

Tyrone smiled, attempting to pull her in his embrace, but Shia quickly picked up her son and stepped away. Fortunately, the manager of the store saw the interaction and asked, "Mrs. Brighton, is everything OK?"

Before she could answer, Tyrone spoke, "Mrs.? 'Nette told me you got married. Who did you sucker into it? He ain't much. He got you out here working as a nanny."

"No, It's not Mark." Shia looked nervous. Carson began to fret as more people looked on. Tyrone was becoming visually agitated. Shia continued, "Yes, I need an escort." Shia answered.

Mark and two of the checkers joined him. "Sir, you need to leave." The three men formed a barrier between Shia and Tyrone.

Tyrone smiled, a clear sigh he was not done. "Damn girl you been busy. Does your man know you got theses brothers on lock?" Throwing up both hands, Tyrone announced, "I'm gone. I'm leaving. See you around Shia. Oh, tell my girls I can't wait to see them." Then he walked.

"Mrs. Brighton, don't leave. I'm calling the police." So Shia waited, and the police arrived. They escorted her to her car and made sure no one followed her as she drove away. Tyrone parked down the street from the store. Shia thought she could marry some other man. She was wrong. He was back and he was putting his family back together. He didn't need Shia anyway. He needed to talk to his girls.

He'd tell them the truth; Shia wouldn't let him see them. She tried to send him to prison, so he had to hide out. Even now, she tried to keep them apart, but as their dad, he wouldn't give them up again.

Tyrone had several children. He didn't support any of them, but the twins were his oldest kids. He was getting old and needed someone to look out for him. It was time for his daughters to take care of their dad, like he wanted to care for them.

Shia drove past, but a cop car was behind her. Tyrone waited. She evidently worked form some wealthy people. He'd go home and watch Annette's crib. She was bound to go back home. First he had to get a room. His plan was to stay at Mz. Harriet's but Annette had some man there bow. He wondered what man did Shia hook? Brighton sounded familiar. Where had he heard that name before? If he had his way, Brighton would be out in the cold searching for someone new. Shia would take him back. Even if Shia refused him, Shia could keep her weak wimp she'd married. He had to mold his daughters. Tyrone knew women, especially black women. They couldn't function without a man around.

LaKita

LaKita was excited. She spoke with her mother often and she knew that her baby brother was growing like a weed. Mom was constantly sending pictures. She even had a nice portrait on her desk. It had ben months since he had been born and LaKita looked forward to being able to spoil him. As she fantasized about her trip home, her phone rang. LaTika was driving down from her home in Washington, and the two would ride back to Georgia together.

Her boss, and now friend, Brandon offered them the company jet, but both women refused. LaKita didn't believe in mixing friendship with business. Brandon was a bit annoyed, but he accepted her explanation.

LaTika and Thomas however had developed more than a friendly relationship. Thomas knew she was flying home and he would miss seeing her each night. He actually offered to ride down with them so they wouldn't travel alone. He was so sweet, so protective, that LaTika found that she depended on him more and more. This would be a hard week for her. Since meeting Thomas six months ago, she couldn't imagine being away from him for any length of time.

But this was a trip for her and LaKita. She and her sister had planned this vacation many months ago and Mom and Chris were expecting them

LaKita was packing the last of her bags and waiting for LaTika to call her from the train station. She was not surprised when Thomas's sedan pulled up with her sister inside. She was also not surprised when a few minutes later, Brandon stopped by for a visit and a safety check.

Assuring both men that she and her sister would be fine, LaKita ordered them out when her phone rang. It was Aunt Annette. She wanted to make sure they were still coming down. They assured their Aunt and then hang up. Thomas, who still had not left, offered to buy dinner. LaKita wanted to refuse, but Brandon smiled and told her to let him. Thomas was extremely tightfisted when it came to paying for things.

Both women agreed and the group headed out to a local eatery. Soon, the night ended and Thomas and Brandon headed back to Brandon's apartment. Thomas held LaTika close. He didn't want to let go. LaTika gently extricated herself from his embrace. And soon, both men went home. The two girls spent the night talking and catching up on things that they'd missed.

"So, it seems serious with Thomas?" LaKita asked as they were dressed for bed.

"I don't know. It feels weird not being with him. We've been with each other every night since they flew us home." LaTika smiled. "He's a good guy. He makes me feel things. I just wish..." She stopped.

"Wish what?" LaKita asked. As far as she could see, Thomas Wend was the perfect guy for her sister. Then she frowned. She remembered the list. When they were younger, they compiled a list of traits their future husband had to meet. Thomas met all of them except one. "I know you are not holding back on this guy because he's Asian?" LaKita asked, stunned.

LaTika smiled," Kita, we always said we'd meet and marry men that look like us, tall, dark-skinned men." LaTika reminded her sister. "Beside you can't talk. You shoved Brandon onto the friend zone as soon as our flight landed."

LaKita nodded. "Brandon and I are friends, we agreed. But it's obvious that Thomas cares deeply for you. Look, let's take the next few weeks and then you decide what you want to do."

LaTika sighed. She knew what she wanted, but she also knew many might have a problem with it. She went to bed thinking about Thomas.

Thomas retired in his brother's guest room thinking about LaTika. Brandon was jealous. It was obvious that his brother was deeply infatuated with his lady, where he could not get LaKita to give him a chance.

Thomas was silent. "I'm thinking of moving to Shanghai."

"Wait! What? When?" Brandon questioned. "Why?"

Thomas sighed, "I'm in love with her, but I'm not what she wants. I see the type of men she admired, and we've talked. When we are alone, she is all I think if then she'll look at me and I can see that despite the fact that we enjoy spending time together, share fond memories, and even have many things in common, I'm not the type of man she wants."

Thomas could not say the words that would anger his brother. Growing up, adopted into a multiracial family. He and Thomas never considered race when dating or meeting people. But Thomas noticed that LaTika wanted a male of her race. At first his realization hurt, and he'd stand in the mirror staring at his reflection, his light skin, almond shaped dark brown eyes and black hair. His built was sturdy, but slight. He would never be a seven foot tall black man.

Brandon didn't like this. He knew Thomas. Thomas was in love with this girl. How could she reject his brother? He was not letting him run off to another country. It was time to take action. After Thomas retired for the night, Brandon called LaKita.

Ring, ring! LaKita was surprised to see Brandon's number so late.

"Hey, we have a problem." He blurted as soon as she picked up.

"What?" Kita asked, hoping it wasn't as ominous as it sounded.

"Thomas is moving to China." LaKita froze. LaTika had not said anything. "He hasn't told your sister. The thing is, he's moving because of his feelings for her. She needs to call him."

Kita took a deep breath. "Brandon, this is between them and not our business." She explained.

Brandon sighed, "Ok, then I'll go with him."

Kita gasped. Then she grew angry, "Really, so if I don't interfere in my sister's business. You're running away like a baby." She argued.

Brandon smiled. He loved to tick her off. He bet she was standing, hands on hip, wanting to box his ears. Brandon chuckled, and that angered her even more. He was actually enjoying this. He wondered if she would have as much fire beneath him, in his bed. He'd been thinking of her for months now, at night he'd sleep, dreaming of her soft, silky skin. He imagined her skin tasted of cinnamon spice, and when he loved her he she'd moan only for him. She was quiet. Brandon cleared his throat. "Ask her to call him." Brandon asked.

LaKita was silent. Her heart raced. She knew what he was thinking; somehow she knew. Her body flamed at the erotic images her boss and friend conjured up. She cleared her throat. "Just so you know, I wouldn't be the only one moaning." She purred, "Night Brandon."

The next morning, Thomas and Brandon stopped by before the ladies drove off. Brandon was sheepishly quiet. LaTika was talking with Thomas. Without a warning, she kissed him. Thomas responded, holding her waist, pulling her into his arms. Brandon was temporarily jealous. He and LaKita looked on. LaKita thought, Damn, I wonder can his brother kiss like that?

Brandon chuckled, and answered, "Stop pretending we're just friends and you can find out what type of kisser I am."

"Wait, how did you know?" Thomas and LaTika were whispering goodbye. Each oblivious to the playfulness of their siblings.

"You want to leave me?" LaTika asked.

"No, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, but I won't rush you." Thomas replied.

"Wait for me. I'll be back home soon." LaTika whispered. Thomas hugged her tightly once more as Brandon gave LaKita a hug, and whispered promises that he knew would come to fruition in her ear. LaKita's breath caught as she stared at her friend once more. She knew she'd underestimated him. Brandon Wend was a formidable opponent. Both men watched as the ladies drove off. Both women were quiet as they headed south to Georgia.

Smiling at each other, the brothers nodded and whispered, "Game on."

LaTika

LaTika Seales was silent as her sister drove. She was thinking. The object of her musing was the handsome man she'd just asked to wait for her.

"LaTika, so things are serious with Thomas?" LaKita stated, not really asking.

LaTika sighed, "He's a nice guy. He makes me laugh. The other night, we went to a Chinese restaurant, and he ordered sesame chicken. Hey got his order wring, but he didn't make a big deal. He asked for a carry out and we gave the food to a family that was down on their lick. I've never known anyone as generous as him.:

LaKita listened. Her sister had no clue. She was head over heels for Thomas Wend. LaKita shook her head, thinking, I'm glad Brandon and I aren't as serious. Then she remembered the suggestion he whispered in her ear.

Soon they were hungry and needed breakfast. They stopped. As they ate, LaTika's phone rang. Annette called to see f they were on their way. Something sounded off with her. LaTika asked what was wrong.

Annette sighed and explained that Tyrone had shown up. He wanted to see them. LaTika was not sure how she felt. He last time they saw their birth father was when they were seven. Momma was working and they were at the office with her one Friday.

He showed up, demanding to be allowed time with his daughters. Momma refused, and they did not want to go with them. Chris stepped in and ordered him off of the company property. He also hugged them and told them that they never had to go anywhere with him. After that, Momma went to court and Tyrone never came back.

"Kita, what could he want now?" LaTika asked.

LaKita shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, but we are not scared seven year old girls anymore. We'll deal with Daddy dearest when we see him.

The end of part 2.

Chapter 3

The girls stopped overnight in a small inn. They had dinner at the Olive Garden, and flirted with the wait staff. LaKita enjoyed flirting a bit more than LaTika, who was preoccupied with thoughts of her friend. LaTika had a decision to make. Deep down, she already knew what she wanted. Thomas Wend was a great guy. She'd never meet another man that could compare to him. She wondered what his family would think when he brought her home. She knew Brandon was fond of her. She just prayed the rest of his family could accept her as well.

Then she thought of her Mom and stepdad. She knew they liked Thomas. Often when she called home, Mom would ask about him. She even went as far as to tell her to bring him when they visited. Tika would smile and say "Maybe."

Soon, she'd bring him home and hopefully make an announcement. As their meal was delivered, LaKita stopped talking.

"So, baby sis, tell me what are you thinking? I mean you've been really quiet and I know you and Thomas have something going on. Tell me, maybe I can help." She asked.

LaTika smiled, "Nothing to drastic, just things. I was wondering would you and Brandon agree to a double wedding?"

LaKita choked on her drink. "Wait, Brandon and I are just friends. Nothing more." She insisted.

LaTika laughed, "Keep telling yourself that."

A hour later, the ladies were on their way home. They could not wait to visit their Mom and see Chris. Each had bought toys for Carson and were eager to spoil the little scamp.

Within a few hours, they drove into town. As they drove past the main street, Tyrone saw them. He would recognize those two girls anywhere. They looked exactly the same as they did when they were eight years old. Tyrone smiled. It was time for daddy to train his daughters.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers
12