Dysfunctional Love

Story Info
Blast from the past.
889 words
4.16
19.8k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mykel Turner was nervous. There was no other way to describe the way she was feeling. The man she once loved, then hated, and later on sent to prison for the last five years, was out, and according to the letter she received the other day, he was coming back for her.

Why once a person became part of your past, they thought they could be part of the present too? Life was finally good for her and she wasn't sure what kind of effect he was going to have once he came back.

An explosive relationship from the beginning, Mykel and Connor Blackwood had dated on and off throughout their entire High School experience. Raised in a small town in Mississippi named 'Willow Creek', population over two thousand people. Being an interracial couple, her black and him white. It was rare to see, but many didn't have any problems with it. The ones who did, however learned how to keep their issues to themselves.

Hooking up when they were just thirteen and fourteen years old, Mykel should have known getting with the resident bad boy wasn't such a good idea, but she was blinded by his good looks. Olive colored skin, the brightest blue eyes she ever seen on a person and his curly sandy brown hair. Connor had deep dimples that popped out anytime he smiled.

He was the guy that was always in the principal's office for fighting or getting caught smoking weed on the back staircase with his friends. Every girl young and some old wanted him, but he wanted her. The little nobody that kept her head in a book, came from a poor family, and wore clothes that were two sizes too big for her.

Mykel wasn't the ideal girl to be with somebody like Connor and once he started showing some interest in her, many people weren't too shy to let her know that. Mostly the girl's he used to date.

It was that very reason she didn't take him seriously, never the type to give up, he kept running after her until he finally caught her and made her his. Mykel felt like the luckiest girl in the world. Dating the guy who seemed to be part of every girl's fantasy was a dream come true, but she soon learned that all dreams could turn into nightmares.

It was in the tenth grade when she first found out Connor was cheating on her. He was still messing with an ex-girlfriend he claimed he was done with. Young and in love, she took him back after and promised he would never do it again. Which turned out to be a lie when she caught him under the school bleachers having sex with his ex-girlfriend's best friend.

Devastated beyond belief, Mykel broke up with him and didn't actually take him back until the middle of her eleventh year of school. Everything was good, but like the saying goes 'All good things must come to an end.' The final nail in the coffin was when he got the town's slut Brandy Wilkos pregnant.

Nineteen at the time, no begging or pleading would change her mind. Mykel was done with him and to prove her point she moved out of the apartment they shared, back in with her Aunt and Uncle who raised her.

Connor not liking his new single status, out drinking most of the night with his friends, he decided to come over to her Uncle's house acting a damn fool and almost ending up in a fist fight with one of her male cousins. Tired of the nonsense and all the drama he brought in her life, Mykel called the cops, not knowing he had a unregistered gun on him, and he got five years on a gun charge.

"So, what are you going to do?" Her cousin, Tamara asked snapping her out of her thoughts.

"I don't know. Maybe he's just talking. I mean, wasn't there a rumor around town that he had proposed to the mother of his child last year. She sure as hell made sure to show me the ring he got her, when we were in the grocery store a few months ago."

Tamara seriously doubt Connor had proposed to any other woman who wasn't Mykel and knew that everything that he wrote in that letter, he meant. Twenty- four, the same age as Mykel. Tamara went through the whole dysfunctional relationship with her cousin. It was her shoulder Mykel cried on when she found out that Connor was once again cheating on her and she who was there to literally pick her up off the floor when the bitch Brandy came to the apartment showing them proof that she was pregnant.

She just prayed Mykel was strong enough to stand her ground and not fall back in the clutches of Connor Blackwood. Besides, he was in for a big surprise when he finally came knocking.

'Yeah.' Tammy thought smiling. 'He's going to freak when he see's this.' Glancing down at the ten month old sleeping peacefully in her crib. Connor wasn't going to know what hit him when he found out that the woman he loved and thought he was going to get back, not only had a baby by another man but was also married.