Early One Mourning

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Emirus
Emirus
90 Followers

Bob drove through the streets that were becoming busy with the cars and buses taking people to their work. Encountering red lights when he wanted green. Kids and adults stepping into the road and running out on to the crossings without looking. The quiet breathing from Tom as he dozed in the comforting seat. Eventually they pulled up at the main entrance to Queen's View Residential Home.

Bob jumped out, strode round his car, and opened the door for Tom. Helping him out, and pointing him towards the entrance. "If you go in I'll park the car and then come in and find you. Ok Tom?" Bob slid back into his car, zoomed round the car park and into a space.

Walking through the revolving doors into the reception area, Bob looked around for Tom.

"May I help you?" A grey haired lady, who would have fitted under Bob's arm, approached him.

"I just brought one of your residents home. Mr Finney."

"Tom Finney?"

"We met early this morning on the hill overlooking the cemetery. He was telling me about his wife dying last year on their wedding anniversary. That today would have been their golden wedding."

The grey haired lady looked confused. "It would have been their 50th anniversary today but Mrs Finney actually died two years ago. Tom used to be a resident but he died on this day last year."

Bob's head was buzzing with questions. He opened his mouth, realised anything he said would be even more unbelievable, and shut it again. Turning to leave, he stopped in mid stride, and asked himself out loud. "So who did I just bring here? Who have I been talking with for the last three hours?"

He turned back to the nurse, but she shrugged her shoulders. She shook her head, and watched him walk back through the doors and out into the sunshine.

Emirus
Emirus
90 Followers
12