Emerson and the Lion Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I turned to look at Jai with an uncontrollable smile. He seemed genuinely excited to be a part of our family. I went over towards the nurse who was cleaning off my son and pointed to him and then to my chest. She said something, not knowing I was deaf. I looked at her with confusion and she pointed towards the wash station where Ali had finished cleaning himself.

Ali went over to the mother to see about helping with the second delivery. I went to wash up. I slipped off my hoodie and shirt. I scalded my hands on the burning water and harsh soap. I didn't care. I'd do anything to be able to touch him.

The second nurse came and helped me into a paper gown with gloves. I put a mask on over my face and then went to where the nurse was finished cleaning the first born. He coughed as she rubbed his chest and checked him for any problems. He looked over at me and blinked while his little fists waved a few times.

I knew his name already. We'd decided the first-born would have Ali's name, "Ali Raza." It had come from his grandfather and he thought that the first one to come out would end up being the strongest. I had told him that it probably was just whichever baby was closest to the exit. He insisted that a spiritual advisor had told him the first one would carry his business legacy while the second would have a more creative side.

I reached down when the nurse indicated that it was ok. I picked up little Ali Raza and held him against my chest like I'd practiced on a doll with Jai. I looked down at his sleepy face as he calmed at my hold. I knew I would do anything to protect him. There was a wide, blue armchair next to us and I sat down so I could rock him.

I saw Ali carrying over the second baby, Amir, with Jai. We picked the name "Amir" because it means Prince and it was close to "Samir," Ali's brother. It was also spelled Emir sometimes which Ali said sounded close to how he pronounced my name. He envisioned the second-born to take after me more. I thought the whole theory was ridiculous though and I swore I would make sure that the boys grew up to be exactly who they wanted to be.

Ali watched as the nurse cleaned off Amir. He went to wash up and put on a fresh paper gown and then came back to where I sat rocking baby Ali. He knelt down in front of us and touched his face. Ali looked up at me with a burst of emotion. He reached up and touched my cheek and signed, "This is so perfect."

I nodded and felt on the edge of tears. When the other baby was brought over, Ali sat in the chair beside me and we rocked the boys and comforted them. Jai stood over us, adjusting the babies so they were supported perfectly.

Ali motioned for me to come over to his lap. He had Amir in his left arm and I sat on his right thigh holding Ali. He inspected both of his babies as he supported the three of us. Jai was taking pictures, our first picture all together.

We spent the next week in the hospital with them. Ali had rented the family suite on the top floor. We would have a private room and the babies slept in the living area with Jai at their attention. Jai slept during the day when we had them with nurses who showed us everything we would need to take care of them when Jai wasn't available.

We spent two more weeks in Geneva at a vacation house on the lake so the babies could be near the medical center. Ali had set up a small office so he could get some work done. The family was fine without him, but Ali wasn't the type to sit around all day caring for a baby without working to make sure he could provide for them. He insisted on keeping up with the business back home.

He loved his sons. He was fascinated with them and would sit with them in his arms while they sucked down their bottles. He would help me a little while Jai slept during the daytime, he even changed their diapers and wiped their bottoms a few times. He was maturing, sloughing off the hyper-masculine ways of the alphas in his culture to be a better partner to me and father to our boys. We had talked about it many times and he truly did want to be there and be involved.

On our last day there, Ali sent us both off to the hotel spa for relaxation while he helped whichever of us stayed behind. I went for two hours and then came back so Jai could go. Jai had packed up for our trip home and he looked genuinely refreshed when he returned from the spa. I knew he had spent his two hours being entertained by the buff french masseur Ali had booked for him. He came back with a dopey smile on his face. I could guess how things went at the spa. Ali knew what Jai needed and wanted him happy and relaxed.

We had a private jet take us back to Satra. Ali didn't want any unnecessary time with the boys out and exposed to the world. It was also the only way to get a direct flight. Geneva to Satra is not a popular route.

I knew that once we got home, he would be back to his normal work routine. Still, he made sure we had whatever we needed. As was his personality, Ali was meticulously organized and stocked the house with their milk, diapers, medical supplies, whatever we could possibly need.

Over the next month things settled into a routine. Babies sleep a lot, just not in long stretches. I didn't know what I would do if I didn't have Jai there to take over. He was so good with the boys and always explained to me what was happening with them. He had things under control. Ali wanted me in bed with him at night. Some nights he had to help me rock the boys until they fell asleep. He never complained though.

Most nights I'd wake up a few times just to go and check on them. He would always follow me, our bodies so intertwined that I couldn't untangle without waking him. He would come up behind me and we'd pick up whichever one was awake.

Sometimes I'd find them both sleeping peacefully and look at Ali with sadness. I wanted so badly to pick one up and hold him. I'd watch for a few minutes hoping they'd open their eyes and need me, but Ali would stop me from disturbing them. He was always the mature one. He'd let me watch for a minute and then pull me back to bed. He'd settle me into his hold and rub me until I fell asleep again. He'd joke that he had three children now.

We made it though. We kept them alive and healthy. He stepped up to be the father they needed. I knew he would. I knew he would always step up to be what we needed; a father, a husband, a partner, a provider. He always made me so proud to be at his side.

+++

Thank you for reading. Comments appreciated.