Emily's Pirate Adventure

Story Info
A young girl seeking to rebel; falls prey to a cruel pirate
2.3k words
3.68
68.5k
14
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Challenge

The smell of the sea salt and rum wafted down the lane from the Hung Jack Inn. Emily could see the faded paint on the sign depicting a man hanging from the gallows. This was the most lively inn on the island and was of course a place she had always been forbidden to visit. Her father was a major importer who lived in a big house not too far from the Royal Governor's manor on the pretty beach side of the island to the south. Here on the north side it was all the labor that made a thriving port. Barrels and livestock were loaded off ships, fishermen mended their nets, and the hammer strokes of carpenters tending to the vessels beat out a steady rhythm that combined with the calls of the sailors and the cawing of the gulls to form a sort of music.

Emily felt a nervousness slip into her belly as she approached the door. She had slipped her fathers agents and walked the breadth of the island to come here but now on the threshold she looked herself over and was scared. She had borrowed clothes from one of her servants and though it was a rather plane bodice and skirt, the girl did not share Emily's curves and thus it was a bit more revealing around her chest. What's more her father had kept her from this place because her own mother had been an island native and her mixed blood showed in her dark hair, light brown skin, and her eyes. A lecherous uncle at a holiday feast had said she had the most exotic eyes he had ever seen; of course he had later called her 'a filthy mongrel bastard that didn't know her place' when she had kicked him squarely in his manhood for trying to ravage her in the upstairs hall. Emily Perrington though raised as her father's child was indeed not of legitimate birth. Arnold Perrington, her father, was a widower who had left the majority of his shipping company in the hands of his sons and son-in-laws and retired here to the Caribbean to over see this one minor port and storehouse and enjoy a few late life comforts one of which had been her mother.

As a proper man of station he could not remarry to some 'savage' lest his own children disown him for disrespecting their late mother and leave him penniless. He had never afforded his island children less then his white ones and damned the chains of propriety that kept him from making them a proper family. Doting but strict, her father had warned Emily that the north side of the island was not kind to native girls especially mixed blooded ones (as he explained it the whites would not see as more then a savage they could make sport of and the native sailors would see her lineage as part of the ongoing insult to their culture and do nothing to aid her) and her beauty would be her undoing. His words crept into her mind as she faced the large wooden door but the music on the other side pushed them aside. Her father had refused to let her court outside those of proper station and her mixed blood meant that she was then only courted by twice widowed lechers looking for a tame savage to make into a pet. It was his damnable customs that had made her mother a consort and her a bastard unfit for marriage to the sons of his partners but fit for those same partners to leer at and grope in passing at balls. She had prisoner to this sort of tyranny for 19 years and no more.

She pushed the door open and walked brazenly to the bar. A few heads turned as she walked towards the long scrubbed wood counter. Her swaying body moved in step to the lively tune sung by the musicians as smoothly as the flicker of the candle flames and the shadows they cast. From the back she heard a smoke rasped voice call out "Now that's a fine island bird there mates," and a chorus of harsh laughter from a table in a dark corner. She looked into that darkness and saw a half dozen forms seated around a central figure but could make out no faces. She turned away and continued to the bar. After several 'pardon me's the barman finally stopped and she slapped two shillings on the bar and said loudly "I would like a drink if you please." The corpulent and sweaty innkeeper looked her over then down at her coins then back to her (though not quite meeting her eyes) before grunting "What'll it be then?"

"Rum" His hand which had been reaching for the coins slid back and he grimaced.

"Sorry but me last three bottles was bought up by them lot over there." He nodded to the table of laughing shadows in the back. Emily was not to be discouraged; she had come here to drink rum, dance without propriety, and maybe even share a kiss with a lucky young deck hand if the mood struck her. She marched purposely back towards the table but stopped almost within ten feet as the dim candle light afforded her a clear view of the occupants. Sitting around that central figure were four of the most tattooed, pierced, branded, scarred, scabrous and armed sailors she had ever seen. Their belts and sashes literally bristled with pistols, daggers, and swords. On either side of the man in the center were two women not much older then Emily herself. One was a red haired girl with a tattoo of knot work covering her left forearm. The other was an Oriental puffing gently on a long thin pipe which she held to the flame of a candle stub. The Asian beauty's top had been so loosened that one her breasts was exposed. Emily stared in fascination at the small silver ring hanging from her light brown nipple.

"I am sure Rei will run yours through for ya if ya ask nicely." Emily's attention snapped to the smoke rasped voice she heard before and looked directly at the large man in the middle of this surly pack of what were clearly pirates. He was wearing a short sleeved open tunic and had long reddish black hair and dark green narrow eyes. His skin was slightly tanned and he had the faded freckles of someone whose pale skin long ago acclimated to the sun. In the split of his shirt she could clearly the brand upon the broad muscled chest; two P's facing each other. The brand the agents of the Perrington Shipping and Holdings placed upon any pirate they captured. Not only had this man stolen from her father and been caught but he had escaped as was clear by the fact that he sat here talking as opposed to rotting on the sea floor.

"N-no actually I'd like to buy a glass of rum from you. The barman says you bought out his supply."

"Ya hear that mates, I been demoted from Captain to Innkeep." The roar of laughter and the clinking of glasses followed this proclamation. "Tell ya what; seeing as I am a gentlemen sailor what knows the due and proper to be afforded a fine lass such as yerself I'll share me last bottle of rum with ya if you can follow me to the bottom of it belt fer belt."

Emily looked tentatively from the man's face to her father's brand to the bottle and lastly the pirates sitting around their leader. The surly men and women both looked her over with an undisguised hunger that made her weary of sitting down at this table.

"I am afraid your table seems a bit full and I don't make practice of drinking with men whose names I don't know. " She hated herself almost immediately. She had fallen back to her familiar customs here in this place where law and custom had no jurisdiction.

"By the powers the lass is right! Where are me manners?" He stood to his full height and now Emily could see the Cutlass slung from his tartan sash and the hatchet in his belt.

"I tink ya traded tem in Singapore foe a new topsail Cappin." Cried an african with long beaded dreadlocks.

"Ta! S'not all he traded fer in Singapore." the Celtic maiden chimed in and then reached across the Captain's plate towards her eastern ship mate. "Oi Rei hand over that dragon stick before you smoke it all yerself luv." The girls passed the pipe between them.

"Enough ya feculent wretches! Can't ya see we're in the presence of a proper lady. I am Captain Conner Teirly of the Maelstrom and these are my mates: Sebastian, Lowell, Tara, Rei, Yunda, and Brutal. As fer seating why don't you and I go and have our little drink across the bar while this lot decide who is doing what to make ready for the next venture."

"Thank you sir, " Emily was unsure how to proceed the cunning pirate had chipped away her argument and now she was left with the prospect of leaving without her drinking and dancing or sharing a full bottle of rum with a pirate that would likely kill her or ransom her if he learned her name. "You may call me Emily and I am but a humble maid who knows the manners of one who wishes to retain her humility."

"Very well Miss Emily; shall we have our drink then?" He had moved around the table and held out a thickly muscled and tattooed arm. She took it and walked with the man whose legend was infamous within her Father's company. Conner Teirly and the Maelstrom had been a scourge to the Perrington Shipping empire sinking the company's largest cutter and stealing the cargo of a score of lesser ships and rumor has it that the Maelstrom itself is a rechristened frigate from the Perrington fleet. Scared out of her mind some part of Emily was over joyed at getting to defy her father's will with the man who had made a career out of it. They sat at a smaller table and Conner pushed the cork out with one large calloused thumb sending it flying out of sight with loud pop. He set the bottle in front of Emily and smiled. "I wouldn't want unmannerly so... ladies first." She took the bottle by the neck and put it to her lips. The warm rush was harsher then the rums her father kept in store at the manor. The liquor was stronger and the spices weaker and suddenly she wondered how even between seven of them any were still standing after consuming two whole bottles and smoking who knows how much opium (given the heavy scent of the poppy which hung in a cloud around the Captain even after departing the smoke hazed table she imagined it to be quite a lot)

"So, Captain Teirly, what brings you and you're crew to our modest island?"

"The usual; relaxation, resupply," he paused to lift the bottle to his lips and take a long pull from it, " and revenge."

"Well now," she took the bottle as he handed it to her, " who here would a gentleman sailor such as yourself have to quarrel." She drank deeply, sure she already knew the answer and wondering how bad an idea coming to this table had been.

"The one what gave me this of course, " tapped a long tar blackened finger nail against the brand on his chest as she set the bottle down and slid it toward him. "See when I first made a crew I was but a lad who went green his first night on the surf. Our Captain got drunk and half burned his own study to hell and nearly sent us all to the locker. Without the charts or equipment in his study we were lost at sea and soon provisions ran low." He took long pull not raising the bottle enough to break his gaze from Emily's own and then handed the bottle across to her. " We were so excited to see another sail we fired cannons with no shot and muskets to get their attention. The frigate pulled aside us and threw grapples but instead of sending over provisions they sent Marines. They claimed that our signal shots were a clear act of piracy and intimidation and that we were all to be branded and taken to port so the local Governor could hang us all. Twenty years and I can still remember the smell of me own burning flesh and the face of the captain. I remember as I made me escape that night the Captain joking with the First Mate that the ship in tow would be granted by rights of salvage to them and that with the manifests and logs burned no one could prove we weren't pirates." Emily drank another deep warming draught sure that she was dead where she sat. Twenty years ago her father had Captained his last voyage en route to this island port and often bragged about capturing a group of very sloppy pirates who had fired off all their cannon shot while still out of range. " As you can imagine being branded a thing as good as makes you one. So I am here for the man who made me what I am and to repay him in kind."

"Wh-what will you do to him?" She spoke as her hand slid the half empty bottle back towards him.

"I'll hurt him, as much if not more then he hurt me and my mates," his and closed around the neck of the bottle his rough fingers scraping the delicate skin on the back of her hand and holding it firm to the glass, "Miss Perrington."