Eric and Sarah

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I look at Sarah. "Do you think we should?" She thinks a moment.

"Yes, Eric, I think we ought to. After all, what have we got to lose?" As long as Sarah wants to ride this stallion, then I will, also. I want to spend every moment of my life by her side, experiencing whatever she does.

I climb onto the horse's back, quickly finding my balance. Sarah straddles him next, clinging to me from behind. The horse rises, and begins a medium gallop past the trees. I grasp his mane, to keep balance. As the horse increases speed, another miracle occurs. Two giant wings spring forth from the stallion's flanks. "Oh, wow!" Sarah cries, as she realizes what is happening. I turn to look at her.

"Isn't this amazing, Sarah?" I can scarcely believe this turn of events, myself. Within moments, the horse is aloft in the air. Sarah clings to me tightly, as we are transported into the sky. We are now gliding swiftly above the Earth, like an airplane. I glance down, to see the lush green forests of Paradise, and the long winding streams running through them. We pass a flock of colorful birds, hovering in the sky. Sarah and I look straight ahead, as the horse goes ever higher and higher. We seem to be actually riding the brightly-hued rainbow. "I guess we are finally going to find out what lies at the other end of this thing!" I yell to Sarah. She just laughs, and squeezes my middle. Wherever this magical stallion leads us, it will be Paradise, still. And it will be so utterly perfect, with my beautiful Sarah by my side...

Eric sent her the story, and went to sleep. He went to work the next day, and let his thoughts occasionally wander to Sarah. He wondered what she was doing, and if she might be thinking of him, too. He got an e-mail from her, later that day.

"Dear Eric: Thanks so much for another really neat story! I don't know where you get your ideas from, but they sure are good. I think I'd like to actually meet you, soon. If that's OK with you, of course!" Needless to say, Eric was more than happy to arrange a date with her. She suggested a coffee shop called California's Finest in her hometown of Sallaville. He asked if she could meet him there on Saturday afternoon, and she agreed. Eric could hardly wait to meet her. Thursday and Friday dragged interminably, for him.

Finally, the big day came. Eric had a late breakfast at home, and got ready for his date with Sarah. He showered, shaved, and put on tan slacks, a red t-shirt, and a pair of Docksiders. He drove his blue sports car over to Sallaville. Traffic was light, and he made the trip in forty-five minutes. He found the designated coffee shop on Denton Avenue, and parked his car on the street. He went inside the shop, and looked around. About fifteen people were inside, casually drinking coffee and eating snacks. Sarah was sitting by a booth at the window. She recognized him from his photo. "Hi, Eric!" She smiled and waved to him. She was wearing blue jeans and a white blouse. "Why don't you come over and sit down?"

"Sure, don't mind if I do!"

The two of them sipped coffee at the same table. They chatted amiably about work, the weather, current events, and Eric's stories. They proved to have very good rapport, and the minutes just flew by. When Sarah finished her coffee, she put her hand on Eric's forearm. She leaned forward, not wanting the other customers to hear what she had to say.

"Eric, I know you had to drive a ways, to get here. But if you're willing to put in a bit more time behind the wheel, I have someplace in mind. I'd really like to go there, with you!"

"What sort of place, Sarah?"

"You will see. It's only about an hour away, by car. It's just about my favorite 'getaway' in the whole world!"

"Well, sure. I mean, if you really want to, we could. It is the weekend, after all!"

"Thanks, Eric! Now, why don't we pay our check, and get going?"

They plunked down a couple of dollars on the table, then left the shop. Eric escorted Sarah to his car, and held the side door open for her. Sarah got into the passenger seat, beside him. Within a minute, they were going forty miles per hour down Denton Avenue, heading towards the freeway. They listened to an oldies station on the radio, and Sarah gave him driving directions. As they passed through many small towns, they made more small talk.

"Eric, this question may sound a bit odd, but I have to know. Have you ever been horseback riding?"

"I think I tried it maybe once, a long time ago. It was on a school trip of some sort. We all took turns riding horses, at this stable. Then we had to write a report about the trip."

"Did you like riding that horse?"

"I honestly don't remember, Sarah. This was so long ago. I think I was scared that I would fall off it, or something." She laughed softly.

"That's OK, lots of folks feel that way, the first few times they ride."

"Well, that's good to know! But why are you asking me this? I'm curious to know!"

"Because we are headed for my uncle's ranch. It's over in Stilson."

"A ranch? Wow! I haven't been to too many of those, in my life!"

"I am sure you will like this one, Eric! It's a really nice spread - four acres big. I have an open invitation to hang out there, pretty much any time I want. I called my uncle earlier today - he says it's OK for me to bring a guest along. We can sleep in one of the spare bedrooms. We will have lots of fun at this ranch!"

"Sounds great to me, Sarah!"

As they drove on, she explained to him why she liked his stories so much. "That story about the knight saving that lady from the dragon was really sweet. Very romantic! Next to cowboys, medieval knights are just about my favorite heroes." She ran a finger over Eric's knee. "Do you think you'd be willing to give horseback riding another try?"

He thought it over, as he drove his car up a small hill. "Sure. I might have to work up to it, though. I'd want to get a feel for it, before I ride a horse again."

"That sounds reasonable enough." Sarah was silent, for a moment. "I have to tell you. That second story you wrote really clinched it. As soon as I read it, I knew I just had to meet you! The way you wrote about that man and that woman - you know, you and me - riding that magical horse into the sky..." She swooned. "It was so clever, so imaginative! Sometimes, when I'm riding horseback, it's almost like me and the horse are both flying. It's just about the greatest feeling in the world, to me. I'm only truly happy when I'm riding. Your story reminded me of that; That's why I liked it so much!"

She paused.

"And there's another trick to riding horseback, that I discovered when I was fifteen." Her voice was a bit lower now, as she felt a bit self-conscious about what she was about to reveal to Eric. "When I stay at my uncle's ranch, I sometimes sneak into the stables, late at night. I take one of the horses for a midnight ride. I do it... bareback."

"Bareback?" asked Eric. "Isn't that riding without a saddle?"

"Yes, that is the... usual definition of it."

"But I don't see why you would have to sneak out at night, to do that! Is riding without the saddle forbidden there, or something like that?"

"No, that's not it, exactly. When I said that I sometimes ride bareback, I didn't mean I rode without the saddle. I use a saddle, all right. What I don't use is... clothes."

"Oh. I see." The mental image of the woman beside him riding a horse stark naked, a la Lady Godiva, put a lump in his throat. "Well, that explains why only do it late at night!" He chuckled softly. "Well, your secret is safe with me, don't worry!" He gave her a knowing smile.

"Thanks, Eric! So you... don't disapprove, then?"

"Certainly not! I've been skinny-dipping with my friends, a few times. I'm hardly a prude when it comes to sex! And - related matters."

"Then you wouldn't object, if I went bareback riding tonight?"

"Not only would I not object - I might even want to watch! If that's OK with you, of course." Sarah let her fingers wander down to Eric's thigh. She was impressed with how strong and muscular it felt.

"Why, that is very OK with me! There would be just one condition, though."

"And what might that be, my pretty one?"

'You have to join me in the shower, afterwards! And be sure to snuggle with me in the guest bed, tonight. I will sleep so much easier, with a warm man beside me!"

"Sarah Rhine - you have yourself a deal!" They pressed their heads together, briefly, sealing their new love with a kiss. She sighed happily, and rested her head on his shoulder. Even though it was now almost night-time, the road ahead looked awfully bright, for the both of them!

END

12