Essay: A Theory of Angry Cucks

Story Info
Why do some guys get so violently angry at cuck stories?
1k words
4.02
48.5k
9

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 05/28/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LynnGKS
LynnGKS
2,096 Followers

I have written stories in a variety of categories, and they have received some criticism, some praise, and some no responses. However, I have been amazed at some of the responses to my stories about cuckolds. Even an essay about cuckolds with no plot and no characters got vicious attacks. The responses have been violent, angry, - raw, primitive, emotional anger. If you could shout in print, they were shouting.

To get a better idea of what was going on, I went to the Loving Wives section and looked for comments on other cuckold stories. I found a few, but surprisingly few compared to the comments on my stories. I have talked with several friends to get their opinions and I got three theories. I thought I would share them with you readers and ask what you think, so here they are. Please share your thoughts with me.

The first theory is that there is a dedicated, committed bunch of guys out there who regularly read cuckold stories, get mad, and leave ugly comments – but most authors delete the comments so I don't see them when I look at their cuckold stories. This leads to my first question. It is for the authors of cuckold stories. Do you get these ugly comments and delete them? Let me know – anonymously - if you wish.

The second theory is a bit more involved so follow me closely. There are out there a number of virtuous people who feel a need to criticize sin when they see it. Now I am sure there are many virtuous people in our world who quite justifiably criticize sin. But, help me to understand why they are such devoted readers of Literotica.com. Do they feel that getting angry will make sinners stop writing cuckold stories? So my question to people who get angry at cuckold stories is this: If you tell me you don't like stories about sinful people, do you think I'll stop writing them if you get angry with me?

The third theory is even more complex. Some people do not like cuckold stories. I can understand that – I don't like bondage stories. These people come in two flavors: the ones who don't read cuckold stories because they don't like them (like me with bondage stories) and the ones who do read them and then get angry. But why read the story if you know it will make you angry? And why get angry at only a few cuckold stories and not at all of them (assuming authors don't always delete angry comments).

This last question is a very interesting one for analysis. Some of my friends have suggested something like this.

It is analogous to the problem some homosexuals had many years ago when society made life hell for gays (before they were called gays). In those ugly days some gay guys might suppress their natural homosexual emotions so severely that these emotions would not be in their conscious minds. This was a time when Freud was much more respectable than he is today - when behavioral and biochemical psychiatry have undermined some of the fundamental tenets of psychoanalysis. Not to deny recent chemical theories of psychosis, Freud had some valid theories of neuroses, as anyone who has ever encountered hysterical paralysis will testify.

There are many published cases of what once was diagnosed as "homosexual panic" (Kempf, 1920) resulting from an individual whose repressed homosexual tendencies were brought close to the surface of consciousness by some event – say a repressed homosexual assigned to a male barracks. This threat, in turn triggered a desperate (almost psychotic) attempt to deal with this major unpleasantness and thus the "homosexual panic" syndrome.

Some of my friends have suggested to me that the big time anger at my cuckold stories may, in fact, be analogous to this panic syndrome in that the angry people are angry because a repressed cuckold fetish is brought to near consciousness by my writing. This, they tell me, is a compliment to my writing because most cuckold stories do not affect them as deeply and emotionally as mine do. I have corresponded with more than one reader and critic – very rational guys – polite and reasonable – each of whom, I think, has a repressed cuckold fetish.

If this is so – and I admit it may not be – then such guys must have a deep suspicion of their wives activities and a preoccupation with unfaithful wives. A preoccupation with fantasies of unfaithful wives who must be constantly watched, their faithfulness verified and rewarded – or their unfaithfulness discovered and punished.

All of us have met and enjoyed foot fetishists who are funny and boob fetishists who all guys understand. But wanting to watch your wife get fucked? Wow! That's different from wanting to sniff dirty panties. If it doesn't turn you on you say, "How the hell can a guy get off watching his ..." But think about it from the fetish point of view. Feet – do they turn you on? Dirty panties – do they turn you on? Ask enough questions like this and pretty soon you start saying "Okay – what turns you on just turns you on! It's all okay – I guess."

The problem is not that the cuck fetish turns some guys on – the problem is that in Western Society (in contrast to Inuit society, for example) men have deep feelings of property rights regarding their wives. Fucking his wife is analogous, in his mind, to stealing his Ford from his driveway. Of course men are required to forget that the Ford is a machine and the wife is a person (personhood for women being a recent addition to Western Civilization).

And so the repression. The cuck fetish, like homosexual desire, is repressed below the conscious level. A really good erotic story, like an all male barracks, brings the fetish too close to the conscious level of attention, resulting in: Threat! Anger! Strike back! Angry words! Shout! Scream! (No! Not scream! Girls scream – real men shout.)

Well, that's the theory. Now I expect the usual violently angry words from those threatened by the views of my friends. But what about those of you out there without a cuck fetish, or those with a cuck fetish who play with their dicks and enjoy it. Tell me dear readers – what do you think? Are there hidden, repressed cucks out there? You tell me.

LynnGKS
LynnGKS
2,096 Followers
Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
168 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It’s funny, I don’t get angry at cuckold stories, I usually try to avoid them, but the LW category is filled with them, or at least, use the fetish to promote a storyline. For me, the cuckold fetish is the same as homosexuality, in the sense that I have no problem with gays, but I have no interest in reading a gay male story or watching gay porn. And while I know plenty of gay men, I can’t say I know any cuckolds. I really am curious how popular that fetish actually is. I’m willing to wager that it is not that popular.

Of course, there is the whole question of what is cuckolding. For some, any man that has been cheated on is a cuckold. I don’t agree with that definition. That’s just a dude with a cheating wife. If he doesn’t accept the cheating, walks out, divorces , or otherwise lay down a punishment, he is not cuckolded, he’s just cheated upon. For me being cuckolded or being a cuck is an active trait. The man has to actively participate. He must know that his wife is fucking other men, must be willing to not fuck other women, and optionally want to sit and watch his wife get fucked. It is most definitely a one-sided action. Only the wife gets to fuck around. And given that definition, I don’t think there are near as many participants as the stories suggest.

Why some commenters get so angry? I have no idea. I do think there is societal pressure to view cuckolding as inherently weak and therefore there is a virtue squad that must defend the men. For me, I just laugh. I can’t imagine any scenario where I would put up with a wife that acted like that.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

To understand the male point of view a bit better, you might want to read "What could be the harm in that?" by Ragnarok1. I suggest it despite its poor sentence construction and bad spelling, which hopefully won't deter from the story.

lc69hunterlc69hunter9 months ago

A cheating husband story does not engender the sort of venom and hate that a cheating wife does. Also, a number of the cuckold story haters are projecting their own fears of being one of the characters in the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Obvious

It's almost as if people don't like being cheated on... crazy...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The fact that this author ignored (denies?) the most obvious answer to her question immediately informs the reader as to what her problem is. A person who does not understand their own reaction to a thing assumes that they do not understand the thing itself. The same is true if a person does not understand the reactions of others to that thing. The person may have worked out a place to relate to the thing, but if they do not understand the reactions of others to it they do not understand it enough to be bandying it about. The author deserves respect for asking the question and trying to understand, but no female can understand the reaction of some men to the depiction of cuckoldry. The only analogy is when a male tries to depict the glorification of the rape of a female and we all know what the female reaction to that is. Yes, if rape can be described as the violent imposition of an extremely negative sexual act upon an unwilling victim, then a female cuckolding her husband is analogous to a male raping a female. Not saying it is "equal", not saying it is "equivalent": saying that it is analogous. The aftermath is remarkably similar: loss of dignity and self-worth, feeling violated and soiled, suffering the destruction of one’s self-image. The willy-nilly writing of stories glorifying cuckoldry is analogous to haphazardly planting landmines in a soccer field. The author might hear some noise, but they are safely removed from the carnage. To have a male write that stuff is bad enough, but at least they are a potential victim. A female writing it is a potential perpetrator.

.

The reason why so many males react so strongly, so violently, against LW cuckold stories is because so many have either been cuckolded by a cheating wife or helped a friend live through it. The anger is compounded by the helplessness of not being able to do anything about it. With rape, a female can justifiably fight back up to and beyond homicide. With being cuckolded, a male cannot react in any way whatsoever: if he hits the guy he goes to jail, if he acts out it negatively affects the divorce and visitation, and, of course, one can never, ever hit a female no matter what she does. For these males, reading a story which accepts/justifies/glorifies cuckoldry is a long walk off a short plank. So why do they do it? Most likely for the same reason that the author wrote this essay: to try to understand it. They are looking for something to shed some light both on why their wife did what she did and on why they cannot control themselves when exposed to it. Exposure over time appears to help…maybe it provides an arena far enough removed to allow the reader to work things out. It appears that a longitudinal study of comments to LW stories might well bear this out.

.

The author claims to have presented a theory. This is, of course, not the case. We must applaud her attempt to understand the effects of her writing on others. After acknowledging the damage done from her writing, one hopes that she will keep it in mind while she is writing. Writing about something as negative as accepting/glorifying/practicing cuckoldry is dangerous. Blaming the reactions of persons reading such stuff is myopic. Getting off on those reactions is sickness.

.

LWlurker

Show More
Share this Story

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Anna Succumbs to Neighbor's Cock With encouragement of husband, wife becomes more daring.in Loving Wives
Wife's Unusual First Time Wife feels sorry for a younger guy she later fucks.in Loving Wives
The Unaffordable Vacation His fantasy brings out his wife's unmentionable fantasy.in Loving Wives
Talking It Up With Jill I tell Jill about my fantasy of men mating with her.in Loving Wives
Birthday Dinner She has a friend's husband.in Loving Wives
More Stories