Every Man's Fantasy Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kelly moved into the crowded Junior dormitory. She was given an apron and shown how to do chores. It wasn't much of a holiday but Kelly had known what to expect. In fact, the chores were easy and the Juniors were friendly girls who laughed and joked while they worked.

Kelly fitted in well, learning archaic housekeeping skills, such as hand-washing plates, cutlery and clothes, sweeping with a broom, cutting vegetables and cooking on an open fire. These were communal tasks that the girls shared between them and sometimes turned into a game.

There was also plenty of free time for the kind of fun that amused the Juniors, like splashing naked in the shallow river, sunbathing on the roof of the Cloner Hall, trying on dresses from the large store of clothes in the wardrobe or just chatting in the sun on a lazy afternoon.

Ryan had no chores but he offered his services to anyone who needed him. As a medical student, he might have assisted in the clinic but the women of Samothea were healthy and Jane Bradford had everything under control.

Instead, Ryan assisted Yumi Takahashi, the engineer, who was building whatever kinds of mechanical devices that could be made with mostly wooden parts and without electronics. He helped her make another horse-drawn cart for the Farmers and a water-wheel with buckets to collect water from the river for irrigation and drinking.

Ryan was given a spare bedroom in the Cloner Hall, much to Yael's disappointment, who thought that Carlin, Ryan and she should sleep together. It was Solange who gave the order and she took Carlin and Yael aside to explain.

"We have no fixed laws about sleeping with male bedmates but will you listen to a piece of advice?"

"We will," Yael said for both of them.

"Wait until you get to the Forest Camp to be bedmates with Ryan. Wait until you have asked for Chief Mirselene's approval."

"But she'll give it for sure," Yael said.

"True, but a chief likes to be asked."

"I understand," said Carlin.

"I don't," said Yael.

"Think of it like this," Solange explained. "If you ask, then Mirselene will support you, even if she has an objection. If you don't ask her, then she'll feel you went behind her back, even if she's in favour."

Yael still did not understand but it was Carlin's choice to make.

When Solange left, Yael asked Carlin:

"Do you like Ryan?"

"Very much."

"For his own sake, not just because I love him?"

"For his own sake. He's kind and charming and very good-looking."

"He is, isn't he?"

"But I'm content to wait to become bedmates with him, however impatient you may be."

"It's not for my sake," Yael protested. "You and me, we've got each other to love; but poor Ryan is sleeping alone."

"I'm sure he'll survive another week," Carlin said, smiling.

"I guess so."

"Why don't you give Ryan a tour? That'll take your mind of your frustrations."

"You mean 'his' frustrations," Yael insisted.

"Of course," Carlin said, her hand on Yael's cheek.

Laughing, Yael kissed her girlfriend.

Ryan was not frustrated, though he was a randy nineteen-year-old with a permanent erection. He was more amused by Yael's attempts to push Carlin and him together all the time. It was unnecessary: there were natural forces at work even stronger than Yael's pushing.

When Yael took him on a long hike into the foothills of the White Mountains to visit the Farmer tribe, they walked holding hands. He said:

"Carlin's easy to like."

"Not just like, love."

Ryan remained silent.

"You'll love her as much I do, I know it," she said with surety.

"I think you're right. Kelly thinks the world of Carlin already, saying how kind she is, helping her and making sure she doesn't feel homesick."

"That's my Carlin!"

"There's something I've noticed. When the Juniors are working, they sometimes stop for a chat or a giggle. I've never seen Carlin give them orders or stop their fun, but when she's there, the Juniors work a bit more conscientiously, as if they want to perform for her."

"She brings out the best in them."

"Exactly. Like you do to me."

"Me? I know what I bring out in you ... and it's a shame I can't have it for a few more days."

"You'll live, you nympho."

At the Farmer's settlement, Yael had a message for Hazel's mother, reporting on her daughter's exploits on Celetaris. Yael also introduced Ryan to the Miner tribe, who lived with the Farmers. It was the tribe she had been snatched from as a baby and Breda, chief of the Miner Tribe, wanted to know how Eloise and Adarna fared. She seemed content that they were happy living in the forest.

Yael was pleased that the Farmers and Miners made a fuss of Ryan, which he was sensible enough to understand was his due as an exotic visitor, so starved was their small society of any news. He in turn appreciated how much they liked Yael, as a daughter of Samothea who had done so much and had so much to tell.

After a week, Carlin, Yael, Kelly and Ryan rode on spare horses with Galatea, Wildchild's mother, the Herder chief, to the monthly trade meeting at the forest edge, where the Woodlanders and Mariners joined the Herders to trade their goods.

Galatea, was a strong woman who spoke little, ruling the feisty Herder tribe with meaningful looks and nods, so she did not say how much she missed her daughter; but anyone could tell the depth of her feelings. It was half-a-day's ride loaded up with goods for the trade meeting, including a stop-off at the Herder's Northern Camp to change horses. Yael talked all the way, saying everything that Wildchild had done on Celetaris. Galatea did not miss a word.

The newcomers were kindly welcomed to the trade meeting. After the exchanges, they were subjected to the ritual demand to tell their stories in minute detail and leave out nothing interesting. Kelly and Ryan were getting used to being interrogated and no longer needed Carlin or Yael to deflect the nosy women. They answered politely and got to know the tribeswomen as they shared their food and water bladders.

After the trade meeting, it was a long walk to the Forest Camp loaded up with heavy shoulder baskets, to meet the rest of the Woodlanders.

They arrived just as preparations began for the nightly feast. Mirselene sat outside her hut, contentedly watching the scene. The campfire was built and smoky tinder was licking flames around the barky logs, making them crackle as they caught alight. Pigeons, plucked and beheaded, speared by thin stakes, were lined up ready to be roasted. Chopped vegetables sat on platters, waiting to be dropped into the smoke-black pots hanging over the flames.

Those women not preparing the feast sat on the rough benches surrounding the fire, taking a well-earned rest in the late-afternoon sun.

As the traders arrived, all they could hear from the meadow west of the camp was the happy laughter of the children, who were having a potty half-hour, playing tag between the end of their lessons and the start of their evening chores.

When they spied the returning party, the girls shrieked and raced across the meadow to meet them. Carlin and Yael shared a smile. It was good to be home and to see everything was still essentially the same.

The first adult to run and greet them was Erin, Carlin's doting, clingy and adoring mother, who missed her daughter painfully. Carlin dropped her basket and ran to hug her mother, whose tears were unstoppable. It was a sentimental scene that lasted until the children mobbed them both.

Mirselene was only a little less emotional than Erin when she welcomed back Carlin, so pleased was she to have her tribe returning to full strength. Her heartfelt greetings to Kelly and Ryan were animated by the pleasure of having more young people, more bustle, more noise, more excitement and more willing hands to work.

******

Before the feast began, Mirselene also had the pleasure of a formal discussion. Mirselene lived for treaties and agreements, however trivial. The homely chief invited Carlin and Yael onto her dais for a chat.

"You can prepare the Honeymoon Lodge for Ryan to sleep in," she said.

"Thank you, Madam," Yael said. "Madam, on Celetaris, Ryan and I were bedmates. May we be bedmates here as well?"

"I see no reason why not. Has Ryan done the same unnatural thing as Brad Formast and sterilised himself for a year."

"Yes, Madam."

"It's a pity. Women should have children. It's what we were built for. It's what makes us happy."

"Yes, Madam," said Yael. "Please, Madam, can Carlin be bedmates with Ryan as well?"

"Carlin Erinsdaughter Woodlander, did you lose the ability to speak when you were in the Cloner City?"

"No, Madam, but have you ever tried to interrupt Yael?"

Mirselene chuckled. She said:

"When Brad visited the Cloner City, he was permitted to most of the women there because Solange said that man-sex is for fun and love as well as children. I suppose that should be my ruling as well. It's your choice, Carlin: you can be bedmates with Ryan if you want."

Yael held her breath while Carlin paused in thought. Carlin knew the expression 'holding one's breath in anticipation' but, until now, she had not known anyone older than five actually do it.

With a secret wink to Mirselene, Carlin paused even longer, supposedly thinking about her decision but actually wanting to see whether her girlfriend would turn blue. Eventually Yael exhaled and exclaimed:

"Come on, Carlin!"

Laughing, Carlin said: "Madam, I would very much like to be bedmates with Ryan - for fun and for love."

"Very well. I'll announce it at the feast tomorrow night. I expect you'll want to share a bed with your mother tonight."

"Yes, Madam."

"Good girl."

Mirselene was a stickler for the proper respect a daughter should show to her mother and she knew how painfully Erin missed both her daughter and her bedmate, Annela.

"Yael, you, Kelly and Ryan should share Annela's hut tonight and tomorrow the four of you can fix up the Lodge."

Dismissed, the girls went to help with the feast, an arm around each other's waist, while Mirselene enjoyed the noisy bustling signs of a thriving tribe.

******

Kelly and Ryan settled in quickly, meeting everyone at the feast, including the two Petticoats, who were living together in a new cabin next to the storage huts.

The visitors learned the rhythm of the tribe at night: eating, singing and dancing at the feast until an hour after nightfall, when the freezing night-rain began; listening in bed to the pattering raindrops, followed by a thunderous downpour that shook the roof and blew in a bitterly cold wind, making Kelly and Yael cuddle closer in the bed they shared; finally peaceful contented sleep, kept snug and warm by a loving naked friend.

The rhythms of the day began when the camp was woken early by the Woodlander's cockerel, Adam the Seventeenth. Then there were visits to the crude but sanitary crapper; setting out for work even before the mist that hung around the camp was dispelled by the warm rising sun; gathering kindling in the fresh but humid air of the forest, scented with pine and sweet cut wood; women armed with shoulder-baskets foraging for nuts, berries and mushrooms; woodcutters chopping logs, planks and stakes; matrons warming the stove for breakfast; and the children fussing for attention, eager to do chores.

After breakfast, Carlin, Yael, Kelly and Ryan took brooms, an axe, scrubbing brushes, twine, pegs and laser penknives to the Honeymoon Lodge, a five-minute walk out of the camp along the river-bank, the steep parts of the path now made safer with wooden steps.

The Lodge had not been completely neglected but there were acorns in the water butt, posts on the veranda to repair and wooden roof-tiles dislodged by the heavy night-rain (that penetrated the thick branches of the oak-tree against, which the lodge was built). The window shutters also needed a little work but the largest job was to sweep mud and leaves from the floor and clean the dust from every surface.

The work was finished by lunchtime and they returned to the camp to learn their afternoon chores.

Mirselene stood at her most commanding on the dais to receive Carlin's report on the state of the Honeymoon Lodge.

"Good work," she judged.

"Now young lady," she addressed Kelly: "There are many chores we must all do every day, but as our guest, I offer you a choice this afternoon. You can help teach the children; you can go foraging with Dipti and Urulla; you can help the cooks;" (these were Lenta and Parvinder, friendly matrons who made delicious soups and roasted vegetables) "or you can go hunting with Carlin, Yael and Pepi."

Kelly had never been hunting and she actually enjoyed the domestic chores with the Juniors in the Cloner City, so she found it difficult to choose. Also, she was naturally a little shy around her elders. She was even more intimidated by the stout imposing woman who spoke mostly in commands.

Seeing Kelly remain silent, Yael urged her in whispers: "Hunting, hunting! Kelly, hunting!"

Seeing Kelly's diffidence, Mirselene softened her voice and spoke gently to her.

"Kelly, I think Yael wants to take you hunting. It's a good chance to see the forest. Why don't you all go and have fun?"

"Come on, Kelly," Yael said, taking her friend's hand and pulling her to the storage hut that held the weapons and the hinting clothes.

Carlin and Yael had short leather trousers and short jackets (more like a leather bra) to go hunting in. They borrowed Hazel's similar hunting attire for Kelly to wear. They changed on the veranda of the hut and tied up each others' long hair out of the way.

Calling for Pepi to come and join them, they fetched bows, arrows and a bag of corn.

Ezra had given Yael a bow and arrows for her eighteenth birthday and Yael taught Kelly how to shoot at targets in the rather tame archery club that practised on a Saturday in Fanshaw Park.

It was a different matter shooting at live targets in the forest on Samothea, with weak wooden bows and misshapen arrows. Kelly practised as they walked through the forest to where there were many airy glades. Here the pigeons chattered in the canopy, too far away to shoot, but they could be enticed to the forest floor with seeds spread by twelve-year-old Pepi.

Pepi dispersed the corn and ran to take cover in the bracken. The skinny girl was not quite big enough for the practise bow she carried but she tried valiantly anyway, as Yael had done when she was learning and even skinnier.

While the girls went hunting, Ryan was left behind in the camp to do all the muscled tasks that Ezra used to do: helping chop wood with Sharne and Dagma; cutting logs for the camp-fire; making stakes for fencing and other repairs; and splitting wooden tiles for the roofs. Ryan was also told that the crapper needed a new pit.

He did not complain. Ryan was committed to doing everything he could for the Woodlander Tribe, for Yael's sake and now for Carlin's as well. Besides, he had spent a long year as a medical bookworm imagining himself becoming anaemic from sitting indoors staring at screens. Outdoor exercise was just what he needed and he went happily to his tasks, impressing Sharne and Dagma with his enthusiasm. They took to him quickly, pleased to work with another man who took his shirt off and sweated.

Three hours later, Mirselene sat on her dais rejoicing at all the activity in the camp. There was the thwack of axes chopping fire-wood, the crackle of faggots in the stove, the peck and scratch of happy chickens and the cheerful shrieks of the children playing a noisy game.

Erin sat with her, summoned for an intimate chat, though it was rather one-sided.

"Carlin did me the courtesy of asking my permission to be bedmates with Ryan," Mirselene said.

"Yes, Mirselene."

"I approved even before asking you. Carlin is, by right and custom, a legally responsible woman."

"Yes, Mirselene."

"She's also an accomplished young woman, gentle but determined. If anyone deserves the only man on Samothea, it's Carlin."

"Yes, Mirselene."

"Carlin knows what respect and love a daughter owes her mother."

"She does."

"Now it's your turn to speak, Erin. And I want more than two words."

"I am content, Mirselene."

"Four words: an improvement. ... Erin, I want to know how you feel. Attractive and welcome as Ryan is, he will stay no more than a few weeks and might never come back, but you are a vital member of our tribe and your happiness is primary."

"I really am content, Mirselene. I know I used to smother Carlin. Maybe I made her more shy and self-effacing than she need have been. But the Cloner City has emboldened her. She's exactly what you say: gentle but determined. I cuddled her all night long and, in her sleep, she cuddled me back. She remembered what it was like when she was little. It's enough for me."

"Carlin's love for you shines out of her face, Erin, you cannot question it. But her love for Yael shines out just as strongly and I spy another object of her devotion."

"So she told me. She really likes Ryan."

"He's handsome, fit and available. What's not to like? But you won't lose her to either Yael or Ryan."

"I believe you, Mirselene. I'm content."

It seemed to Mirselene that Erin really was reconciled to Carlin temporarily sharing a bed in the Honeymoon Lodge with Yael and Ryan, though their discussion was interrupted by the very people they were talking about.

The four hunters strode into the camp, bows over one shoulder, strings of pigeons over the other. They passed where Ryan, shirtless and sweaty, was chopping logs for the campfire. Yael demanded Ryan's congratulations for a successful pigeon-hunt while Erin could see on her daughter's face the fascination she had for his body. Ryan temporarily rested on his axe and cheerfully admired the pigeon-hunters.

Erin sat next to her daughter at the feast that night and gave her a good-luck kiss when Mirselene made her announcement.

"Although it is a waste of an available man," Mirselene said, "unfortunately Ryan is the private bedmate of Carlin Erinsdaughter and Yael Eloisesdaughter, rather than the public property of the whole Tribe."

There were many dramatic sighs and racy comments, to the embarrassment of poor Kelly. Mirselene officially assigned the three of them to the Honeymoon Lodge. Typical of the great woman, she assumed Ryan's willingness.

That night, there was joyful singing, drum-playing and dancing. The women demanded that Ryan show them his steps, just as Ezra had done. They also enjoyed copying Kelly's twisting style of dancing, with her arms behind her back or over her head.

The dancing went on until the night-rain came and the triplet of bedmates ran to the Honeymoon Lodge through the first of the freezing drops, laughing as they went because they left it so late.

Yael raced inside and used her laser penknife to light the tapers, but Carlin and Ryan stopped at the door. Yael felt neither doubt nor hesitation. Assuming the others were behind her, she stripped naked and jumped onto the bed. Only then did she notice that she was alone.

Carlin and Ryan were still standing by the door, hesitating, silently looking at each other.

For once in her life, Yael understood that others might have a different spirit from her. If she was Ryan, she would have picked Carlin up, carried her to the bed, ripped off her dress and fucked her brains out.

Instead, Yael waited patiently, sitting on the bed, watching her lovers, trying to feel everything they felt.

Ryan jumbled his words, trying to tell Carlin how much he liked and admired her, how beautiful she was, and how much the night would mean to him. His words were sincere but disjointed, yet Carlin got the sense of them and thought it very sweet.

Above all, he was trying to say that, even though what was about to happen was entirely due to Yael, he sincerely liked Carlin for her own sake. Carlin knew how to answer the implicit question.

1...345678