Eyes on the Ice

Story Info
Sometimes love can overcome rivalries, even in hockey.
10.7k words
4.63
20.1k
39
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following story is a work of fiction and intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are not an adult or offended by descriptions of explicit sex, please read no further.

This is a copyrighted work. Copyright 2014 by EgyptOasis. Reposting or any other use of this work is strictly prohibited without the express, written permission of the copyright holder.

DISCLAIMER: All characters are fictitious. Any resemblance to anyone either alive or dead is purely coincidental.

All characters in this story are 18 years or older.

Comments and constructive criticism are always welcome.

I am currently looking for an editor who is up for all kinds of stories. If you have any suggestions or are personally up for the task, please email me or comment below.

Enjoy! -EgyptOasis

*****

I fell on my ass. Again. Never have I tried so hard at something yet continued to fail so miserably. The tricky thing is that I have no problems with the actual doing. It's the getting on that is the problem for me. You see, I'm learning to horseback ride. Once I'm on, I'm fantastic but half of the time I go to mount the horse I put a little to much force into my swing. Always a little to much or just a tad not enough. As frustrating as it may be, one day I will finally master it. Hopefully I can manage to find a western saddle though. Danielle competes in jumping and her fancy saddle is killing my ass.

Finally we finished working with the horses and put them back in their stalls and slowly walked to her car. On the way to her house, where I had met her and left my car, she tried several times to spit out whatever she wanted to say. While I waiter for her to find the right words, I watched the hills roll past the window.

"So..." Danielle said casually even though her body language said that she was any thing but calm. "You know how I love big cities right?"

"Yeah, you love Chicago. You went there over the summer."

"I was amazing and I've been begging to go back. My mom finally agreed to let me go without them."

"Nice! I'm sure you'll have a great time. Just don't get lost or anything. Oh! And take mace. You know. Cause it's Chicago."

"Well, see. About that. I told her you were coming with me."

"You what! I can't believe that you told your parents that without even asking me!"

"This is me asking! Look, the hotel and the train tickets are already paid for and we're both on breaks for thanksgiving so we don't have classes to miss. Please, it will be fun for both of us."

One thing that I learned at a very young age, was never turn down free. It doesn't matter what's free, you always say yes. There are only three exceptions. One. Food from people you know can't cook worth a damn. Two. Drugs and open drinks from a stranger (Common sense here people). Three. Actually, I guess there is only two. Needless to say a paid for trip to Chicago (A city I loathe) didn't exactly fit the bill for either of those two, prompting my reluctant answer.

"Fine," I sighed. "When to we leave?"

Danielle looked at me with a huge smile on her face while she tried to contain her excitement. "We leave in two days! Right before fall break," And with that she sped home to reassure her mom that I was down for the trip.

————————————————

"Museums? Seriously? We're on our way to Chicago and you're planning out the museums that we're going to visit."

"Yes!" Danielle looked at me incredulously from her train seat. "I didn't get to see everything I wanted last time was here. Hence one reason why I wanted to come back."

"Fine. But if I do your thing then you have to take some time to do mine. We're here for ten days, we can work it all in." Trying to be the sensible one here and manage to talk her into saving enough time to actually have some real fun, I started looking for places to go once the sun went down and the museums closed. Needless to say, thank God we we're both 18.

"Deal." She agreed and after that we rode the rest of the train ride out in relative silence.

————————————————

"What the fuck is Jake doing here?" I turned and asked Danielle when I saw him raise his hand and call out to us in Grand Central Station.

"I kind of told him that we were coming here and he was close to Chicago so he came."

"And you weren't going to tell me!"

"I knew you would get mad!"

"Why the hell would I want to be the third wheel to one of my best friends and my ex-boyfriend! No one wants to do that!"

"I'm sorry, but I can't really send him away now. He already bought his room. Please, just get through it for a few days and then you can meet Miranda for the hockey game and ditch me. Hockey isn't really my thing anyways."

"Fine. I'll stay with you until Miranda comes." See, my best friend Miranda is a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan. She entered a contest a few months ago where several winners were chosen to go to a home Blackhawks game and meet their favorite players, as well as have reserved seats in the heart of the Blackhawk's fan section. Fortunately for me she was given two tickets and I happen to be the person she's bringing. The game she gets to go to was a Blues Blackhawks game, which was great for me given the fact that I am a die hard St.Louis Blues fan.

"Thank you so much! I promise you wont regret it!"

————————————————

I regretted it.

I don't really have anything against Jake. Sure, he's my Ex but I'm perfectly capable of being friendly. It was Danielle that I currently had a problem with. We were two hours into our Chicago adventure and I ended up being stuck in the shotgun seat of the taxi while they lounged in the perfectly spacious back seat. Then we got to the hotel and I was told that I'd have a room to myself since she planned on staying in Jake's room the whole time. Well, I wasn't going to be a cock blocker so I went with it against my better judgement.

The first night we went to a fancy restaurant. By fancy, I mean that the food was expensive and it wasn't enough to feed a mouse. But her daddy's credit card was paying the bill so I wasn't going to complain. However, after dinner when the cute couple decided to go to go to some theater show, thats where I called it quits.

"You know, I'm really tired. I couldn't sleep very well last night to I'm just going to turn in early."

"Are you sure? The tickets are fairly cheap for the show and tonights the last night for it."

"Yeah, I'm sure. You guys have fun."

"We will! Night!" Danielle said before she waived and turned to leave. I watched them until they walked around the street corner, his arm slung over her shoulders.

I walked in the other direction with no intentions of going back to that damn hotel. It was still light enough outside that the streets were fairly devoid of criminals and deviants. As I walked under the street lights and further down the road I started following the noise. When I got closer I was able to figure out that the noise was music and it soon became rock music. I turned the street corner and found myself next to a bar crawling with people. The line was so long that there was no way I was getting in there before the set was done. I crept back into the shadows and sulked around to the side.

As I was walking closer to the side door, it was thrown open and dull light spilled out into the ally. A man walked out, yelling at someone behind him.

"Get your ass back in here Stan! You've already had you break for the night!" A women yelled at him.

"Do you want Don to know that you left last week to have a quick fuck your boyfriend in the back of his car while you were supposed to be taking inventory?"

"Make it quick! Jack ass." I heard her mutter under her breath. While they were distracted with each other, I had snuck closer to the door.

"Leave the door open for me Janie!"

"Yeah, whatever." She leaned down and propped the door open with a small stick. If I hadn't known that it was open i doubt I would have noticed the faint beam of light slipping through. I waited until I knew Janie was gone and saw the cherry light up on Stan's cigarette until I quickly opened the door and slid inside, careful to keep the stick in place.

I was in a hallway with wood paneling on the walls and wooden floors. It was fairly dark, but lit well enough to see that I'd found the restrooms. I summoned my courage and walked towards the music and the flashing lights of the bar. On the stage was a local band that was growing in promise and was beginning to catch some select nation wide attention. A mosh pit of people, mainly girls already half-undressed, filled the floor. Booths and tables lined the outside of the floor with a bar straight a crossed from me. Fewer and fewer people walked in and I knew the club was close to capacity. Most men immediately went right, heading straight for the bar while the girls threw themselves into the growing sex pit.

I made my way along the outside of the room, feeling a little out of place in my cut-off army green shorts and white t-shirt. Thankfully the shorts were short and the shirt was tight, the flip flops however didn't really help me out much. I found a seat on an abandoned barstool and turned my attention to the band.

Rock music is my thing. I love it, breathe it, but I can't play it to save my life. And these guys were killing it. Soon I was getting as into it as everyone else, but I was still enjoying it from my perch at the bar. The bartender had already come by and was now back to refill my coke. Yes, just a simple coke-a-cola. I was so focused on the band that I didn't notice that I was no longer alone over by the bar until I received a sharp elbow to the shoulder by a bottle blonde bitch.

"Watch it would you?" She turned and smirked at me. With the amount of makeup caked on her face I highly doubt that she could se me through the shit on her eyes. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the stage. The girl, which had turned into girls due to her fellow barbie sluts, didn't get the picture however. They were drunk and apparently all very into the poor guy who occupied the stool next to me. They were crowded so thick around this guy that I couldn't even see what the hype was about.

Something he said, or rather slurred, somehow reached me through the wall of bimbos. "Do any of you know me? Know me. Or am I just the catch of the night?" Damn this guy was trashed. Some of the girls went on with their whorish ways but I couldn't stop thinking about what he'd said, even if it was something he'd only said in his drunken stupor. More and more drinks were ordered for him and his harem until he tried to get off the stool. The band had quit playing about five minuted ago and I was finishing off my coke to leave. The barbies clung to him until he pushed one off and called them vultures. I had to laugh because wasn't I just thinking the same thing all night?

I saw the top of his head jerk towards me over the shoulder of one of them. He said something about his car and I realize that he planed to drive himself home. I pushed my way through the bitches with a little more force than necessary. I threw a glare over my shoulder and they got the hint. That mixed with his refusals and they knew that they each had t find another dick to jump on for the night. I held my hand out to him when he pulled his keys out of a pocket in the universal sign of "hand 'em over". To my surprise, he did.

"Where do you live?" I asked him without looking up. Nothing. He said nothing. Finally I looked up at him and was amazed at what I saw. A thick head of blonde hair sweeping down to his eyebrows. The most striking pair of blue eyes I've ever seen were perfectly placed on a flawless and tan face. I made myself put on a mask of indifference as I asked again. "Where do you live? I'm taking your drunk ass home."

He pulled out his wallet and handed it to me. I read the address and put it in my phone for GPS. With his wallet back in his pocket, I put his arm over my shoulder to help hold him steady as we walked out the side door to find his car. After aiming the automatic lock control button at over a dozen cars I finally found his. The car, or rather truck, fit him. It was a beat up black pick-up with two doors and an old stereo. Once I finally got him inside the truck, I climbed into the drivers seat and took off down the road.

HIs building was nice. Amazingly nice. I pulled into the spot he told me too and looked over at him. He looked ready to lose it all on the inside of his clean-for-a-guy truck. I ran around to his side and helped him out. We walked into the building and Adonis slurred his flat number to me and we made our way up on the elevator.

When we were finally inside I realized that there was no way I was going to be able to leave him. He stumbled into a bedroom and promptly passed out. I've drank enough to know about the pending trips to the porcelain throne and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that I'd left a drunk guy to possibly choke on his own vomit. So I spent the night on the couch. I could have crawled into bed with Adonis, but the guy was huge. He had corded muscles on his arms, across his chest, and throughout his legs. The way he passed out on the bed left no room for cuddling. I grabbed the second pillow on the bed and found a blanket and prepared for the most awkward morning of my life.

————————————————

When I woke up, the flat was still silent. I made my way to the kitchen and started a cup of coffee. At some point in the night I woke up and realized that I was insanely uncomfortable in my shorts and t-shirt. I'm not ashamed to admit that I borrowed a t-shirt from this guy. So there I stood wearing nothing but my underwear and his t-shirt in the middle of his kitchen cupping a mug of hot black coffee.

About five minutes past until I finally realized that I wasn't alone in the room anymore. In the doorframe stood a very tall and a very shirtless Adonis. My eyes roamed his body as I felt his do the same to me. His chest was broad and hairless save for a trail to the land down under. He had a black celtic tattoo on the top of his right pec trailing over his shoulder and down to the middle of his bicep. We both looked up and our eyes connected. His were crystal clear, unlike last night, and I was frozen by them. Until he smirked.

"I made coffee, I figured you might need it." He said nothing as he walked towards the pot and poured himself a cup. I watched him as he leaned on the counter and looked like he was trying to figure out some sort of puzzle. I put it together when I saw him eye his t-shirt, my bare legs, and sleep mused hair. Not feeling exactly generous, I decided to mess with this guy for a little bit before I told him that we didn't even share the same bed last night.

"Last night was exhausting. I didn't even know a person could bend like that. I'm sure you slept just as good as I did once you caught your breath. Maybe your stamina could use some work." With each sentence, his eyes grew wider and I took mercy. "Calm down, we didn't sleep together. I know I'm not a fucking Barbie but damn, I'm not that bad!"

From the look on his face, he was finally getting his shit together. "Shit, I'm sorry." He ran a hand through his golden hair and looked nervous, like he wasn't sure how to word what he had to say next. "I made a bet with my best friend that I wouldn't fuck any one night stands until New Years."

"A bet made you freak the hell out like that? Sure." His eyes were so expressive but he was very good at hiding it. I could see every flicker of indecision battle with what looked like determination before a wall slammed down and shut me out from this thoughts.

"I remember telling all of the puck bunnies no, but I don't remember them ever going away. I remember being in my truck, but not driving. And I remember waking up in my bed, but I was alone."

"I sent them away, I drove you home, and I slept on the couch. Anymore memory blanks I need to fill?"

"Why did you stay?" The look in his eyes was something I could not decipher. It looked like hope, fear, and something I couldn't name. It disappeared too quickly for me to figure it out.

"I was scared that you would asphyxiate." He gave me a blank stare. "Choke on your own vomit."

"Oh. Well, thank you. What do you want?"

"Want?"

"For your trouble. Everyone wants something."

"Not everyone." I left my mug on the counter and walked out. Grabbing my clothes as I did. I was keeping the shirt. I knew I'd never see him again.

————————————————

"Blake! Hurry up, we're going to miss the beginning of the show!"

"Damn. I'd hate to miss that." I muttered as Danielle yelled at me from up ahead. Finally I picked up my pace and we made our way to the theater when the lights dimmed and the drama began.

Once the lights dimmed I leaned towards Danielle only to discover that Her and Jake were in the middle of a rapidly heating kiss. I rolled my eyes and focused my attention on the stage, waiting for the moment that they decided to breathe again.

I knew a third of the way into that thing that I would look back on it and describe it as one of the most boring events of my life. At least thats what I believed until I felt a new presence on my left side as I leaned over the balcony rail where I had snuck off too.

"Sometimes the best part isn't watching the play. It's about watching the people who'll never know your there." I kept my face trained on the stage, but looked at Adonis out of the corner of my eye. "The people in the audience show their true selves in how they react to what happens on stage because they know that they aren't the ones on the slide under the microscope." For the next half an hour we watched the audience. We pointed out the funny people, the people flirting with men that weren't their spouses, those who looked just as miserable as we were until we found out balcony. It was impossible not to laugh when the man next to me held a sense of humor twin to my own.

When the play reached it's end, we were both reluctant to leave. I think we both knew that we we had just shared would be lost once we stepped out to where the real word was waiting. Our eyes met and held until he nodded and turned towards the door.

"Blake." I said, surprising myself. He turned around and waited for me to continue. "My name's Blake."

He stared at me for a handful of seconds before he took two quick strides and pulled my face into his hands. His lips met mine for a kiss that was all too brief. The moment before he pulled away and left the room without another word, I felt a name whispered on my lips. "Luke."

————————————————

"You don't want that one. The color is all wrong, if you put that vas in direct sunlight it will throw off the entire feel of the room." The deep voice said from over my shoulder. I spun around to see Luke blocking out the sun. Danielle talked me into going with her and Jake to an open air market bazar. They ran off together to some darker corner, leaving me to fend for myself among the endless rows of vendors. I was at a vas stand, browsing out of sheer boredom when Luke found me.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked him. I was stunned to see him again. I figured that once was an accident, twice was luck, but three times? It was starting to seem like fate.

"I didn't, I was drug here by my friend and his fiancé. Apparently if he has to be miserable, I do to. Which isn't fair in my book since he's a shoo-in to get laid when we get back." I raised an eyebrow at his last comment. My question went un-asked as he said, "No fiancé or girlfriend to drag me to this shit so they feel obligated to fill that roll." Single. It's the small miracles that a person needs to be thankful for.

"How mad will your friends be if you leave?"

He glanced over his shoulder, looking back at me smugly. He pointed his thumb over his shoulder at two people so immersed in each other the world could have passed them by and said, "I don't think they will notice my absence. Come on." He grabbed my hand and pulled me out through the crowds. People seemed to part for him, like Moses and the red sea. Almost like he had this natural presence that all people picked up on and respected.