Fae Woods Ch. 01

Story Info
A dream, and a mystery
1.8k words
4.46
21.1k
19

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 02/11/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sylentpoet
sylentpoet
65 Followers

Hello my Literotica friends. This is my very first submission. As much as I read on this sight I felt that I should at least give it a try and write something myself. I did my best, there are no hot and heavy scenes in this chapter as it is the set up and intro to the story. Your response will let me know if you want me to continue and I hope you all like it!

~sylentpoet~

***

He was having the dream again...as a child again. He raced across the forest, feeling the wet grass and crunch of fallen leaves beneath his feet. He was running behind someone. The tinkling of female laughter reaching he ears. He ran that much faster feeling the cool wind break against his face. He though, I have to see her, I need to see her face. Dillon had been having these dreams of this unattainable girl for far back as he could remember, but it had been years since he'd had one. He felt the urgency in he need to see her to see her face. He was close he could feel it. Again he heard her laughter. "You have to run faster Dill, you can do it!" her voice spurned him even faster. He raced for her he caught glimpses of her darting between the trees and ducking under low hanging branches without missing a step. Damn she was fast he thought. But he kept up the chase, he had to reach her. This dream was different. He never got this close to her before. His heart ponded in his chest he was almost caught up to her. "Oh my how you've gotten faster over the years. You are almost ready." It was strange how she could speak to him and run so fat he could hear her as if she stood next to him. He could almost touch her. Her child like form sped ahead of him.

He felt as if his eye were playing tricks on him, the locks flew behind the girl at first look seemed to be golden but the closer he got they had a green ting to them. They were laced through with what looked to be leaves and flowers from the surrounding forest. Her slim caramel brown limbs kept her just out of his reach. They ran straight into a clearing. The sun shining through the branches overhead. She came to a halt he almost ran into her back coming to a screeching halt behind her right before he did. "It has been long since I have seen you my friend." The sound lilt of her voice settled over him like a warm breeze. He wanted to know the name of this girl as nothing came to mind. "Sienna" she said. Such a beautiful name he thought. "Thank you, but it has been too long if you can't even remember my name."

"Do I know you?" Dillon spoke to the girl.

"It saddens me to think that you donna have any memories of me." She said.

Dillon could hear the hurt in her voice and it touched a place within him that had him wondering what was really going on here. He reach out to touch her but she took a step forward just out of his reach again. He grasped nothing but the air where she once stood.

"Who are you?" he asked. But she ignored his question seeming not to hear him at all.

"I hoped that taking this form would help you remember. But it hasn't. You need to come back Dill, time is running short and you have a promise to keep." With that the girl vanished before his eyes and Dillon woke with the girl's... Sienna's word ringing in his head.

He sat up in his bed, wiping the sweat from his brow. Man that was a strange dream he thought. Looking at the bed side clock he saw that it was 5:30 in the morning and with his thoughts whirling from the dream he knew that he would not get back to sleep. What a way to start a vacation. Dillon got up in search of a cup of coffee and made his way out onto the balcony of the resort hotel to watch the sun rise. He knew that it seemed strange for an African-American man to want to take a vacation in Ireland but that is where he found himself. He had always had a love for and an insatiable want for knowledge of the land. He was fascinated by the history and lore of the whole country but never the nerve or health to make the trip until now.

Dillon had never really been a very healthy child. So much so that he could never really play or go out for sports as most children do. He spent most of his time wondering the woods behind the house that his mother and the man that called himself his father lived. It was there that he discovered the large stone that with strange marking, at the age of 8, was as tall as he was. It was intriguing, the warmth that emanated from the stone that never seemed to change no matter the season, it was always warm. He loved the area a decided that day it would be his favorite spot and he visited it day as his health allowed. One thing he noticed is that he always felt better after he spent time in his favorite place. He would often take walks and a snack or packed lunch there.

It was his getaway. He never felt comfortable around other children. Dillon found himself alone a lot and his mother always encouraged him to try and make friends with the other kids but he just never felt right doing so. He couldn't do what they did and always felt left out when he couldn't participate. But in his favorite place he could do all the things the other kids did and more, even if it were only in his imagination. It was after one of those days that Dillon started to get better and stay that way. But he could not stay away from his favorite spot or better yet he almost felt drawn to it. One night, during the time of his unexplained recovery, he started having the dream always running through the forest chasing something and the haunting laughter of the little girl.

Until today, he had never seen her or gotten so close to her before. A least that he could remember, the way the girl spoke in the dream gave him the feeling that he should remember more but his mind did not cooperated. It was a mystery.

The other reason he like going to his favorite spot is that he hated to hear his parents fight. Before his mom kicked his dad out, they fought a lot. This eventually led to a divorce that Dillon felt most the time was his fault. He used to ask his mother if there was anything he could do to make it better, or just tell her that he would be good so that dad wouldn't get so mad all the time. It never seemed to work though. Dad would always get mad at him for one thing or another and start yelling at him. Mom would step in to defend him and it would escalate from there.

One day he got so mad, at something Dillon couldn't remember to this day, that he actually hit him and he slid across the floor. There wasn't much to him in those times so it didn't take much to move him, but that was the last straw for his mother. That was the last night his father slept in that house. The next day while his father was still at work Dillon's mother furiously went through the house packing his things. By the time his father got home all of his stuff was on the front porch and the locks had been changed.

The thing that surprised Dillon the most is that he expected his father to at least try to work things out but he never did.

Dillon went on with his life, going to college moving, away from home, and pursuing a career as a successful plant biologist. He even filled out quite well considering how he started out in life. At 6'4 with flawless chocolate skin, never having the acne that plagued most teens, he towered over most of the scientist that were in his department as well as being 1 of 5 African-Americans that at the Center of Environmental Study. He never had time to work out,he was to much of a nerd. He was busy in school, most of his time was buried in his studies or now in the working world or this new botanical study or that. Yet he still seemed to fill out his clothes like a linebacker on a football team. He turned heads everywhere he went as women seemed to be drawn to his good looks. Because of this Dillon had friends that hung with him because they were sure to get lucky, even if it were just his cast offs. And because of his inability or lack of interest in the ladies, his occupation, and the deep color his eyes, his boys affectionately called him Mr. Green. Catching ladies just wasn't his favorite activity, he would rather be the latest bit of flora to cross his microscope or have his nose in a book about the Irish faerie lore much to the consternation of his few friends as they just could not understand his lack of interest when women were so interested in him.

It was only a month ago, after the death of his mother, that Dillon got an idea as to what was in his father's head after his mom kicked him out. While Dillon was going through some of his mother's papers he found a letter from his father to his mom telling her money was the only thing tha the found attractive about her and that he didn't want anything else to do with a cheating ho and a green eyed kid he didn't think was his anyway. No one in his family had eyes that color and none in hers that he knew of did either. So where did Dillon's eye color come from? I was sad to Dillon that his father could dismiss him on so simple a thing as his eyes but he felt it was more to the story that that but whatever answers he could have gotten died with his mother.

Still, Dillon was deeply hurt by the loss of his mother. He decided that he was not ready to return to work nor did he want to stay in the house that held so many memories both good and bad, he took an extended sabbatical from work and booked a trip to Ireland. Now he looked out at the shining sun and over the rolling green hills wondering what his next move would be. For today, he planned on doing some exploring maybe he would meet some of the wee folk on his trip, one never knows what the woods hold.

sylentpoet
sylentpoet
65 Followers