Faerie Bloom

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He smiled. "Thank you." Holding the plant carefully, he picked his things up, and returned his attention to the Gnome. "The plant, it's...sentient."

"Most plants are, Patrick," the Gnome replied. "Even in your world."

"Was the trick with the pond's surface the plant's doing, too?"

The Gnome nodded. "Yes. You see, despite what the Queen told you, the test is not given by me, the Keeper of the Bloom, but the plant itself. You had to prove yourself to it."

Karla drifted forward a bit, the green-white mist that existed where her feet should have been churning lazily. "We should return to the Queen."

"She's right," the Gnome said. "The Queen will be eager to get you home so that you can plant the flower. It needs to be returned to the soil as soon as possible."

Patrick agreed. Both he and Karla said brief good byes to the Keeper. Karla then turned, leading Patrick back the way they had come.

The Queen was waiting when they entered the clearing. As before, the swarm of multi-colored faeries surrounded her.

"Congratulations, Patrick," she said and smiled. "I knew you would be the one."

"Thank you."

"You must return home and plant the flower in your garden quickly as you can."

"I know. Though I was hoping to stay here a bit longer."

The Queen laughed. "I will be sure to invite you back for future visits if that is what you wish."

He glanced at Karla. "I would like that."

"In that case," the Queen said, "I would see to it that you visit us often."

"Thank you. I look forward to seeing you again." Again, he looked to Karla, then added, "I look forward to seeing both of you again."

Karla rewarded him with a dazzling smile.

The Queen stepped toward him. "And we look forward to seeing you again, Patrick. But, for now, you must go. The Faerie Bloom needs to replanted quickly. It cannot survive long out of the soil. Remember to take special care of it."

"I will," Patrick promised.

The Queen raised one hand, waving the air before her.

Patrick found himself surrounded by dense white fog. Calling out, he said a final good bye to the Queen and Karla. Faintly, as if from a very great distance, he heard their replies as they bid him farewell. He hoped that he would be seeing them again soon. But, he thought, glancing at the multi-hued plant he carried, for now, he had other responsibilities.

12