Faithful in Her Fashion

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RichardGerald
RichardGerald
2,896 Followers

"I see, blackmail."

"No, certainly not. I will not expose you. I respect your actions. In the circumstances, yours were the right and courageous actions. Yet, you are in my debt, and I certainly need your assistance," the governor said pointing at the document.

"I see," Jimmy replied, and reaching over he picked up the document, then folded it and placed it into his inside Jacket pocket.

"Thank you. Carrie here can see you back to your hotel," the Governor said, standing and offering his hand.

The ride back to Jimmy's hotel began quietly. The man was lost in his thoughts, and the woman was stealing glances while she drove trying to read them. They were in the little Audi that Ray owned and she used when she was in the City.

"He's a good man," she said in a low voice, little more than a whisper.

Jimmy gave her no response, and she continued, "He's been a good Governor and major benefit to the state. He can do a lot for the country."

"He may well never get the chance," he said.

"You've got to help him."

"I can only do so much. You can never depend on something like this mess staying private."

She nodded her understanding, "But you will do your best," she said.

He didn't answer, and then he said, "Do you like the Nutcracker Ballet."

"Of course, it's absolutely wonderful, but you can never get tickets."

"I have tickets. I'm taking my daughters tomorrow afternoon. We have a spare ticket. Do you want to come?"

Carrie considered this invitation and what it might mean, "Yes, what are their names? You never told me."

"Victoria, she the oldest -- she's nine, we call her Vicky, and Elisabeth is seven, we call her Beth."

"What time should I meet you?"

"Say noon in front of Lincoln Center. That will give us an hour to find our seats and get settled before the performance. If we're a little late, please wait. We are taking my wife to the airport for a seven-thirty flight to Paris."

"Ok, I better get you back to your hotel. You will need to be up early to make that.

*

Jimmy and his daughters accompanied Simone to the security gate. The lines were long but not insane at six in the morning. He watched his wife hug his daughters and promise to be home for Christmas. Later he would lower their expectation just in case mom didn't make it back in time for Santa. Then he embraced his wife, kissed her, and wished her a safe journey.

Much had changed between husband and wife. The family remained intact, but the marriage had altered. He herded his daughters back through the Airport to the taxi area and back into Manhattan to the hotel. He gave them a brief breakfast, and after a short nap, he dressed them for their trip to Lincoln Center. The girls' mood was good despite their mother's departure.

During the taxi ride uptown to the west side of Central Park and the David H. Koch theater, he told his daughters that they were meeting a friend. The girls showed no interest at first, but that changed when Carrie appeared. She had been waiting since well before noon, by the fountain in the theater plaza, watching every taxi cab as it deposited its passengers. She was nervous and told herself to get a grip. They were just little girls, and he was just her current bed mate.

Carrie pushed from her mind that Jimmy was also an accomplice in a coming conspiracy. There had been no doubt that she would help the Governor. Keep his secrets and aiding him was more than a job to her. She was not only loyal; she had become a believer in the man she hoped to follow to the White House. That Jimmy had agreed to help only strengthened her belief in the validity of their cause.

That her feelings for Jimmy were stronger than she had realized was now clear to her. And so, she'd fidgeted, and her nerves had rumbled beneath the surface of her skin as each yellow cab stopped. Then their yellow taxi had come, and the man who suddenly seemed so much taller and so handsome got out. He shepherded the two smaller creatures in their seasonal dresses toward her. They were astonishingly beautiful little girls, with deep red-blond hair whose loose waves were pulled back into crude ponytails. As they came closer she could see they had their father's sparkling blue eyes, but their mother's features. These were Simone O'Reilly's daughters, and there was no mistaking that.

Jimmy came toward Carrie smiling, with an arm around each girl's shoulder. Vicky was the first to notice Carrie giving her a jaundiced eye as her father made the introductions. The girls were as wary as the woman. But this was an important meeting. Carrie's warm greeting received a tentative acceptance. The good political operative knew not to push, but to stay calm and advance slowly.

"Well, perhaps we should go in," Jimmy said feeling the tension but relieved that the two sides were granting each other a calm, if reluctant, reception.

Programs were purchased, and little candies. They took their seats with the girls sandwiched between them. Vicky nearest to Carrie. There was a preliminary discussion of the ballet, using the program, both girls involved with Carrie in a female way that only peripherally included Jimmy. The tension eased, and by intermission, the female members of the party had accepted each other and were using the restroom together.

The afternoon became a great success. Carrie and the girls enjoyed the Nutcracker in a way that Jimmy was not capable of. But his mind was untroubled and his thinking clear as he enjoyed the company of his ladies. He was at peace with himself. Work had been put aside. His domestic problems seemed to him no problem at all.

Carrie took in the smile of the man she was with. It stirred the feeling that had been rising within her. She had enjoyed the ballet and was saddened that it had to end. She enjoyed being with Vicky and Beth and realized that they enjoyed being with her. As they got up to leave, she found herself falling in beside Jimmy. She slipped her hand into his, and a warm feeling seized her as he gently squeezed her hand and she found Vicky had taken her other hand, while little Beth was holding on to her Dad. Carrie had their hands, and she never intended to let go. The little family walked through the plaza headed to where Carrie had parked the Audi.

Soon she would be giving up Raymond's car and his apartment in Chelsea. He was her past. Her future was uncertain; but now that she had found it, she intended to hold fast to it. Jimmy looked at her and smiled. She smiled back. His wife might come back, but she would find her place taken.

*

If you liked the story or hated it let me know. If you are following me on this site and haven't written me, yet please do.

RichardGerald
RichardGerald
2,896 Followers