Falling Hard Ch. 06

Story Info
Her reprogramming continues.
3.6k words
4.61
20.4k
6

Part 7 of the 20 part series

Updated 10/10/2022
Created 02/11/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The cell door slid open and shut; she was alone again. Virta's body lay twitching on the floor.

She was down there for what seemed like hours - bleeding, in pain, and waiting for the next sound of footsteps outside her door.

The lady named Pearl would show up anytime now.

But first, the TV came on. They had started making her watch TV just hours after she'd first gained consciousness.

Though she didn't want to watch, she couldn't seem to pry her eyes from the screen. She wanted to hold her ears, but she couldn't help but listen. Always, it was the same stuff over and over.

They showed Virta doing illegal things that could get her on the radar for Banishment. She didn't remember doing any of the things on the film. But there she was, stealing documents from the Office, defacing Government property, or using a stolen pass-card to get into areas where she had no clearance.

They started showing video footage of Athan as well.

She had watched hungrily, soaking in every bit of him that she could. But when it became apparent what he was really doing in these recordings, she tried not to watch or listen. It was in vain, however.

Athan looked virtually the same in the videos as he had to her on the golden street: impressively handsome with his tousled dark hair, muscular body, and narcotic black eyes. In some of the footage, he had longer hair or facial hair, or was wearing different types of clothing. No matter the style, he was sublime; glorious even.

Most of the filming was done on Earth. Athan was shown in battle: killing and maiming, or out with his gang of men having fun... hurting people, hurting angels.

One scene in particular haunted her: this was a modern time, on Earth. Judging from the setting, she guessed it was taken in the last ten years.

He was dressed very much like she'd seen him in Heaven. He wore a black T-shirt, but had on black pants instead of jeans.

The look on his face was cold sober, as he leaned against the building. It looked as if he was waiting on someone or something to come along. Then, from the vantage point of the camera lens, Virta watched Athan dissolve into the shadows so that he was virtually invisible.

Suddenly, she came into view.

It was a tiny, young woman about twenty years old, with long blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes. A human. And she was alone.

The girl walked quickly down the sidewalk, glancing nervously around her. Her big brown eyes clearly showed her fright. Virta noticed that the girl's face had bruises and cuts.

Suddenly, Athan was in front of her.

No matter how many times Virta watched that segment -- and they showed it at least twice per day -- she never saw him move from the shadows to the girl. He was just that fast.

Virta feared what Athan was going to do. This was the evil Athan she hadn't known, the nasty demon with all those years of cruel deeds and treachery in his past. The only experience she had with him was those few minutes on the street.

"Athan," the girl whispered in surprise and fear. She was shaking as she craned her neck to look up at the strapping demon in front of her.

"That's me," he said with a slight smile, his voice light and cheerful.

"How you doing right now, Rose?" His tone and his face showed that he was mocking her fear.

She glanced down at the sidewalk. "Don't play with me, Athan," she muttered.

Athan moved a hand toward Rose's neck. Virta automatically flinched at the same time as the girl. It reminded her of how Athan had first touched her on the golden street. Sure enough, he put one thick finger under Rose's chin and forced her to look up at him.

For a moment, Virta thought this was one of his recruitees, perhaps another of his converts to Hell. Someone else he thought had "potential". But it was doubtful. If he was trying to woo her over to the Dark Side, this obviously was the wrong way to go about it. Rose was visibly shaking with terror.

Then, she made a break for it. But he had her by the arm instantly, a smirk sliding across his beautiful face.

Clutching her arm with his hand, Athan dragged her over to the side of the building and slammed her up against it. Rose's back hit the bricks, and she grunted as the air was knocked out of her lungs. Before she could double over, Athan's big hand was on the center of her chest, pinning her to the wall.

His voice sent chills down Virta's back. He sounded so menacing... evil.

"You thought you could get away from me, huh, Rose. You thought I wouldn't find you?"

Rose didn't answer. She was looking about wildly for an escape.

"Don't even think about it, Rose."

She tried to knee him in the groin, and he blocked her move. He shook his head like he was scolding a child.

"I didn't even have to be a mind reader to know that was coming," he sneered at her.

Athan leaned casually against the wall, one hand braced against it. The other hand was gently stroking Rose's shoulder.

The way of escape was open right in front of her. But he didn't look the least bit concerned that she might take off running. She just stood with her back against the wall, letting it hold her up on her unsteady legs.

"Look at you shaking. Poor little thing. You know it's hopeless, right?" he taunted her.

Rose's breath was ragged, but her face grew furious. "Go to Hell, Athan," she hissed.

He looked at her for a moment, and then started laughing.

"Oh, I will, lover," he said. "But not tonight."

The big hand on Rose's shoulder slid slowly across her upper chest, winding its way languidly up her delicate neck, until it stopped to linger on her bruised cheek. She flattened herself more tightly against the wall; her eyes shut; her chest heaving to get air in and out.

He stroked his fingers gently down her face. To anyone else, it would have looked like a sweetheart's caress.

"You look so much prettier to me now," he said, peering down at her injured face. "I think my men did some fine work on you. The bruises, the wounds... I've gotta say, it really turns me on."

Her eyes snapped open and she gasped in horror at his words; she tried to jerk her head away from his touch. He didn't seem to notice her struggles as he continued to delicately caress her.

Then, without warning, he swooped down to crush her lips with his own.

He completely blocked the camera's view of her body with his much, much larger one.

He finally pulled away, turning to lean his own back against the wall, a couple of feet between their bodies. Rose was visibly flushed, and she was panting. She didn't stand there but a second before she made another dash for safety.

He rolled his eyes and heaved a sigh. Then he pushed off of the wall and went after her.

She was grabbed and pulled back up the sidewalk. He flung her to the ground with flourish.

Athan stood over her while she struggled to make it to her feet.

"You do know you can't get away from me, right?"

"What are you going to do, Athan?" Her voice was ragged, breathy. "Stop playing with me, and just get on with it!"

He glared down with his impossibly dark eyes.

Virta could plainly see Rose's body was shaking, her breathing was heavy, and her eyes were wide with fear as she looked up at the dangerous demon.

"Leave me alone," Rose cried. "I've got an appointment. They're expecting me now."

"I guess they're just going to have to wait. That is, if they think you're worth the wait."

She sat scowling up at him, her hands clenched into fists.

A dark shadow crossed over his face. He leaned down and jerked her up to her feet, walking her backwards until she was up against the wall once again.

Athan began sliding his hands up and down the sides of her body, brushing over the slight curves. He murmured seductively in her ear.

"I know somewhere we can go where they'll never find us. We'll have all the time in the world. I can do whatever I want... for as long as I want."

"Let me go NOW, or I'll scream."

"I'm counting on it," he said, his smile playful. "But not here, not now."

He ran a deceptively gentle hand over Rose's cut, battered lips.

"Keep your mouth shut, Rose, or I'll permanently shut it for you."

It horrified Virta how such violent words could be delivered on such a silken, comforting voice.

Rose started to say something, then catching the evil look in his eye, she closed her mouth.

"That's a smart girl."

He immediately hauled her up, slinging her over his shoulder. Then, silent as a cat, he carried her away into the darkness.

The screen went black, leaving Virta nauseous, wondering what Athan did to Rose. What had been the girl's fate?

The TV wasn't blank for long. The screen flickered, and then images and sounds began to run once again.

The date on the video file said 4,000 B.C.

Virta could see that the location was inside U-Sec. Athan sat at a table in an interrogation room. He wore shackles on both hands and feet. Armed guards stood against the wall behind him.

He was wearing a garment something like the one they'd issued her back in the cell. His robe was ripped, dirty, and bloody. It looked like he'd been beaten very hard on his stunning face. And everywhere else she could see, for that matter.

A low voice from behind the camera was asking him questions:

"Once more, tell us what you did to the humans living in the valley where the skirmish took place?"

The look in Athan's dark eyes was distant, blank, as if his vision wasn't focused in the room, but somewhere far away.

"We took off the men's heads and hung them up on poles to dry in the sun," he said without emotion.

"And... then?"

"Then, I... sliced up the babies with my sword."

There were muffled voices off camera, and then Athan spoke again.

"Yes, Sir. Me and my men - we ripped open the pregnant women. And the children... we hurled stones at them, killing them."

Virta clutched at her hair with shaking hands. Tears ran down her face as she watched and listened.

The video cut to Athan and his men cheering and laughing. Then, it cut back to Athan in the interrogation room.

"And you committed sexual assault against the women and children?"

"Yes, Sir. We did. It was bloody and brutal.... we showed no mercy though they were screaming and pleading with us."

Another close up of the handsome but weary face. He looked incredibly tired.

"The young girls who were still virgins...we" -- the camera closed in on Athan's dark, battered eyes - "forcibly raped."

A different angle showed a close up him laughing maniacally in the dark.

Back to another view of Athan in the interrogation room. His beaten face was shining with sweat.

The interviewer asked: "How many humans have you killed altogether?"

Athan took a moment to wipe at his bleary eyes. His fingers shook. He seemed to consider the question a while before he answered.

"I don't have exact numbers," he answered softly.

A fist slammed down hard on the table. Apparently, it belonged to the interviewer. Athan didn't startle at the movement or sound. He slowly looked down at the fist on the table... just stared blankly at it as if he was in a trance.

"Answer the question as best you can, dammit!"

Athan rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. He shifted his eyes across the room in thought. Finally, he spoke:

"I've slaughtered tens of thousands of men, women and children." He looked directly up at the interrogator. His eyes were blank; dead.

"Seventy-thousand fell just last week."

Another shot of Athan, from another angle.

"We destroyed sixty cities... Yes, all the men, women and children. We... exterminated them all, regardless of age. Nobody was spared."

More shots of Athan looking into the camera, and then some views flickered by of him in combat.

When the scene went back to the interrogation room, there was talking going on behind the camera, but it was too muffled to make out.

Athan appeared to be answering another question. "No, Sir. It's not been our policy to show mercy."

Virta could take no more. She began to scream and scream until the noise and the pictures stopped again, granting her a few moments of silence and darkness. But never any peace.

There was a knock at her cell door. Only one person knocked before entering. It was Pearl.

Pearl had been visiting Virta daily. Usually after one of the beatings. There was the knock, then the door to her cell would slide open and shut. In slipped the petite, dark-haired woman with the pretty gray eyes. She always had a calm, kind look on her face.

The voice and demeanor of this angel were a far cry from those of Medic and Brawny. She never moved in a threatening way towards Virta. Her presence would have been soothing, except Virta knew this woman was working with Them. Virta longed for the angel to hold and console her, despite this knowledge. She wanted to cry in Pearl's arms and have the woman smooth her hair and tell her that it was all going to be OK.

Pearl always had a clipboard full of papers, a pen, and a bag when she came in. She would sit in the straight-back chair that faced Virta's cot. Virta, by this time, would be curled up in the fetal position.

After this last torture session, Pearl entered and set her things down in the chair. She leaned down to Virta, holding a clear, plastic cup.

"Virta, I have a glass of Substance for you from General Banner."

Virta looked up, blinking, to see the cup full of the clear, sparkling fluid. She was suddenly aware of how parched and dry her lips and tongue were, and of how good the liquid smelled. It would taste even better. She licked her cracked lips.

Seeing Virta's hesitation, Pearl smiled a little and raised the cup to her own lips. Virta watched with huge eyes as Pearl took a sip of the Substance and swallowed. Pearl held the cup out to her again.

"Go ahead, take it. The General wants to help you."

Virta snatched the cup with trembling hands. She gulped a mouthful down so fast she choked a little. Nothing had ever tasted so good. She began to feel a little better, a little more refreshed. She forced herself to slow down and sip the rest.

"You can help yourself, Virta," Pearl said as Virta drank, "by letting us help you."

The thin woman moved to the chair, and leaned in closely to Virta. "Will you let us help you, Virta?" she asked.

Virta didn't answer; she just kept sipping from the cup, hands trembling.

"You know why you're in here, don't you?"

Pearl didn't wait for Virta's answer.

"You were wrong in what you felt and believed before. You know that Athan is an evil demon that needs to be destroyed."

The woman's voice took on a pleading tone. "Come over to our way of thinking. We will end the pain, the torture, the misery. You won't have to wallow in doubt or guilt and confusion anymore. We can make it all clear, very clear for you. I know you'd like that, Virta."

Virta finished the Substance without speaking, and Pearl took the cup back.

"You see, Virta, it was never you that was bad." She stroked Virta's damp, clingy hair with her slender, delicate hand. "You were just misguided -- misled - in your beliefs. No, you weren't a bad person, Virta... it was just your thoughts... they were bad. You didn't know any better though, right?"

She peered into Virta's hazy green eyes to see her reaction.

Virta slowly nodded.

"You just needed information, didn't you, sweetheart?" Pearl continued to play with Virta's long hair. "Now, you know. Now, you have the right information. Now, you can make the right choices and believe the correct things."

Pearl slid off the seat and knelt in front of Virta. She took one of the angel's trembling, cold hands in her own.

"Denounce Athan and the old ways of thinking."

She was looking directly into Virta's eyes.

"Are you ready to confess to the General? He wants to keep you from being Banished. This is the only way he can do it. You have to help him help you."

Virta opened her mouth to speak, but closed it again.

"General Banner can help you, Virta," Pearl said. "Just admit your sin to him. He will get you back on the right track... confess all of your rebellion and your... naughtiness. Are you ready to seek forgiveness from the General?"

Virta closed her eyes. Her lips parted.

"Y-yes," she said, quietly.

She opened her eyes to see Pearl still gazing at her. There was a warm, loving look on the other angel's face.

"Yes," Virta said more firmly. "I'm ready to speak to the General now. I want to confess."

Pearl moved back to the chair, and made some notations on her clip board. Then she produced a large tub of healing balm from the bag at her side. She held it out to Virta.

"This will undo everything They did to you," she said. "Well, physically, that is."

Virta took the jar from Pearl.

"Will it give me back my tattoos?" she asked, studying the jar thoughtfully.

Pearl looked at her with concern in her eyes.

"No, Virta. It won't restore your tattoos."

Virta sighed. She looked around the small room for a moment, tossing the jar of balm in her hands. Then, she turned back to Pearl.

"Good," she said.

Pearl looked at her for another long moment before pulling some more items from her bag: Cleansing cloths, a crystal gown, a comb. She gave them all to Virta.

"Congratulations on your wise decision, dear," she said, standing up. She picked up her things. Then, she turned and left the room without a sound.

A few minutes later, the door slid open again and in strolled a short, thin female with long black hair.

"My name is Song, and I've come to transport you for your appointment with General Banner," she stated.

Virta's eyes widened as she recognized the monotone voice from the cell phone call, the day of her Code. She'd never forget that voice.

"No, not you." Virta's own voice was just a whisper.

Two guards filed into the room after Song, and reached down to grab Virta off of the bed. Handcuffs were slapped onto her wrists and she was shoved roughly out the door. Song fell into step behind them.

At first, Virta tried to walk instead of float, but the guards yanked her forward too quickly for walking. She let her wings sprout, and went with them obediently.

They entered a door at the end of the hall, and Virta was dragged into a huge, lavish office. A large angel was sitting behind a desk. His back was to the door. When he heard them come in, he turned around in his big leather chair.

His eyes took in the angel in handcuffs, and then he nodded his head.

"Virta, have a seat." He gestured to the chair in front of his desk.

As she trudged to the chair, he looked at Song.

"That will be all."

He waved his hand, and she and the guards were gone.

With the door shut, it was just the two of them in the room, and the General leaned back in his chair to appraise her more thoroughly.

Virta felt his penetrating eyes take in the long, shiny gown that covered her from neck to feet. She had her hands folded in her lap. Her wrists were held together by the handcuffs.

He stood up, and walked around to the front of his desk.

Virta could only stare up at him in awe. The General was huge. And he wore a uniform decorated with medals, stripes, stars, buttons, and cords. He looked like he commanded respect just by his very presence.

He had thin, dark hair and a squarish jaw. His eyes were the only angelically beautiful thing about him, Virta noted. They were magnificent, and as blue as a cloudless October sky.

He pulled a key off his belt, bent down, and took her hands. He felt warm, almost too hot to her touch.

He thrust the key into the lock, and her handcuffs fell off. The General turned and threw them onto the desk. Then, he leaned against the front of his desk, just looking down at her.

12