Falling Hard Ch. 08

Story Info
Her mission is all too clear.
4.8k words
4.58
19.6k
3

Part 9 of the 20 part series

Updated 10/10/2022
Created 02/11/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Virta turned the relic this way and that in her slender fingers. She finally set it back in the box at her feet and looked up at the General.

He was taking another drink of scotch.

"You said I'll have a real Earth assignment, besides Athan. There's a girl in trouble?"

The General nodded grimly. "Yes, and you know her well. It's Mandi."

Virta felt as though her heart had been kicked from her chest. Surely he was not talking about the same girl she'd begun to think of as a sister.

"Mandi? MY Mandi? What's wrong with her?"

"Just look for yourself." He turned his computer monitor around so that Virta could see it too.

It was the Watch Over program, only a much more sophisticated version than she'd seen before. The amount of detail available in the General's version was incredible. There were controls to monitor everything from the temperature in the room to heartbeats, smells, and probably even the number of flies on the wall.

Virta peered at the scene before her.

Mandi was out to dinner with a guy. It looked like a very swanky establishment. They sat in a corner by themselves, their hands entwined across the table. His plate was empty; Mandi's sat untouched. The girl's face was strained and had an unhealthy pallor.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling that well, Heath," Mandi said.

A slight sheen of sweat clung to her forehead. She removed one hand from his so she could dab at her forehead with her napkin. Her big brown eyes stared listlessly up at her date.

Heath was really big. Even though he was sitting in a chair, Virta could tell he was tall. Muscles bulged against his shirt. He had short, spiky, blond hair, dark brown eyes, and a healthy, even complexion. It was no wonder Mandi was out with this guy. He was just her type.

But Virta recognized something about him that set her heart racing and her stomach burning in anxiety. Unable to tear her eyes away from the screen, she addressed the General.

"S-Sir? Am I wrong here? He looks like an angel to me! Is he there to help her?"

The General grunted. "Good eye, Virta. Yes, he is an angel. But I'm sorry, no. He's not there to help her. Far from it. He's a Fallen One."

Virta gasped. "Oh god, no. That's what I was afraid of ..." her voice trailed off in shock.

Virta's eyes were locked onto Heath. The demon was casually sipping a glass of champagne across from the unsuspecting human.

No, not just any human, Virta thought angrily. MY human!

"Heath is one of Athan's top men," the General said as he watched the monitor. "Athan trained him personally. Plus, Heath is just a cruel prick who enjoys his work."

The General sighed and leaned back in his chair. "We have intel confirming that Athan sent Heath on this mission... to Mandi."

"To do what, Sir?"

"To hurt her, of course."

"But, why would Heath want to hurt Mandi?"

"Don't be an idiot, Virta," the General growled. "Why? Because he can. Because he was commanded to - and he follows orders. But more importantly, we think Athan is using her to draw you out. He knows you're watchful of Mandi, that you feel protective of her."

"Don't you have an angel you can send to save her?"

"Yes, we do." The General turned his sapphire eyes upon her. "It's you, Virta."

"Me? Mandi is my assignment?"

"Athan and his people want you down there. They're going to keep hurting innocent humans because of you, until they get you on their turf."

The General pounded on his desk, making Virta jump in her chair.

"Don't you see what's at stake here?" he thundered. "They have their eyes set on you, and they won't back down until you're twice the child of hell as they are. If they have casualties like Mandi along the way, it's nothing to them."

"No," Virta cried. "They're hurting people because of me? Oh my god, I couldn't bear that." Tears slid down her cheeks as she turned to the handsome couple on the screen again.

"It looks like they're just out for a nice dinner," Virta said, puzzled. "Other than Mandi not feeling well, things look fine. So what is he doing to her, poisoning her or something?"

"Just watch."

* * *

"Ready to go back to your place, sweetheart?" Heath whispered.

He had moved around to her side of the table, leaning down behind her with his lips brushing against her hair. His big arms were gently draped on her shoulders. He kissed her softly on the temple.

Mandi tried to smile. She had one hand clutching her lower abdomen. She was shaking in her chair. The look on her face registered pain.

"Yeah, I am. Could you take me home now? I just need to lie down for a bit. Maybe I'll start feeling better." She sighed. "Sorry about dinner. I know you spent a lot of money on me tonight."

He knelt down beside her, stroking her hair gently as he looked into her face. "Don't worry about that. You're what's important to me. Let's get you home."

He helped her up, holding her steady on her feet. He threw some large bills down on the table. Then, tucking her under his arm, Heath held Mandi against his body, supporting her as they left the restaurant.

His Aston Martin was waiting at the front, and he set her down carefully in the passenger's seat. After buckling her in, Heath climbed into the driver's side and took off, peeling out of the parking lot.

Suddenly, the scene switched to Mandi's small apartment.

Heath was carrying Mandi through the door. Her face was pressed against his broad chest for comfort. He held her like a baby, as if she weighed nothing. Heath shut the door with his foot, then freed one hand to turn the lock.

"Let's get you into bed," he crooned. She mumbled and buried her face deeper into his chest. He chuckled down at her.

Crossing the floor in a few large strides, Heath smoothly set her down on the bed. Removing her shoes, he carefully position her body and then covered her gently with a blanket.

Heath sat down on the side of the bed next to her. He supported himself with one hand on the bed, while the other was softly stroking her face and hair.

"Heath, I don't want you to go yet," she said, opening her hazy eyes to gaze up at him. She placed a hand on his bicep, which didn't even begin to wrap around it. "Will you stay with me tonight? I mean, just hold me; talk to me?"

His warm eyes looked down at her. "Of course I will, Mandi. You didn't even have to ask. I was going to stay and watch over you; take care of you."

She nuzzled her face against the warm hand that was cupping her cheek. "Thank you," she murmured.

Then she tried to sit up a little. "I was going to talk to you about some things tonight, if the evening had gone better for me."

"Take it easy, Mandi," he said, gently easing her back down onto her pillow.

"I know - " She paused; swallowed; and started again. "We've just known each other for a week. But, I feel like I've known you forever. Like you are the guy I've been looking for all my life. And... I have to confess something to you."

He pushed a tendril of hair behind her ear. "Go on, sweetheart," he said, a soft smile on his lips.

"I normally don't... wait...to, um, you know...BE with any guy I'm attracted to." Her eyes were cast downward and her lip shook as she struggled to get out the words.

"But, I sensed something different about you from the moment we met. I wanted to get to know you first... let you get to know me, and see what developed. I wanted more from you than a one-night stand. And I get the sense that maybe, you feel the same way I do."

Her eyes finally looked up at him, searching his face for a reaction.

Heath was smiling sweetly down at her. "I do. I feel exactly the same. I was going to have this same talk with you over dinner at the restaurant... and afterward. I wanted to tell you and show you how I really feel."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Heath. I wish I didn't feel so beat up... I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck. I ruined the evening by being sick."

"No. We're still together. It's perfect. Except for you being sick, of course. You should let me take you to the ER. Are you sure you don't want to go?"

She nodded. "Just as sure as the last twenty times you asked me." A small smile found its way to her face.

"I've got a doctor appointment in the morning. This doesn't seem to be getting better on its own. It's like... oh god, I don't want to gross you out. But, I'm bleeding... down there, and it's not my time of the month; it's not the same at all. I hurt too, inside and out."

She sat up a little more, pulling the blanket off her. "And look at this," she raised the hem of her dress up just enough to show him her bruised thighs. "I don't understand where this came from. I, uh, haven't had sex in weeks, so... it's not that."

"Good god, Mandi," Heath gasped. "You need to get to the hospital right now. Maybe you were drugged at a party and abused. I'll call the police."

"No," she cried, grabbing ahold of his arm again. "That's not it. These just showed up over the last few days, and I haven't been anywhere since I met you on Friday. Besides work, I've only been with you."

Her eyes took on a playful glimmer. "And it's not like we've even been intimate yet." She managed a little smile as she pulled the hem of her skirt back down.

She gasped in pain then, clutching at her lower abdomen. Heath stroked her back, soothing her.

After a moment, she said quietly, "My Mom had a blood disorder and Grandma had it as well. I don't remember what it was, but they had easy bruising, bleeding, pain... Maybe I inherited it, and I'm getting the symptoms. I don't know. But the doctor will run tests tomorrow. I know I'll be OK."

Heath eased her onto her back and tucked the blanket around her again. Then he went back to caressing her face and hair. "You better be OK," he said, his eyes full of worry. "It makes me sick, the thought of something happening to you..."

She nodded. Then suddenly, her demeanor became shy, hesitant. "I know we're both ready to take this relationship to the next level, physically. And... I want you," she whispered, "very much. And I know you want me. I thought tonight would be it... our first time. But, I'm afraid we'll have to put it off until I get healed up."

"Ssh," he soothed her softly. "Don't even worry about that right now. Of course I want you. God knows I want you so much. But the important thing right now is, that you get better. I'm willing to wait as long as necessary to be with you."

She smiled appreciatively. "I'm glad you understand. And I'm so sorry. I was, uh, wondering if you wanted me to, you know, RELIEVE you?" She looked seductively at his eyes and then to his crotch. Her trembling hand slowly reached toward it.

He caught her hand, holding it just where it was, poised over his lap.

"Nah, baby," he said, raising her hand to gently kiss the back of it. "Not now. I'll be fine. I just want you to rest, concentrate on feeling better. You need a good night's sleep."

He kept her hand near his mouth, caressing the back of it with his warm lips. The look in his eyes was tenderness, love.

"Ohh," she moaned.

He reached out and laid the back of his hand on her forehead.

"Damn, you're burning up, baby," he said, frowning. "You've got a fever. Let me get you a cold, damp cloth to put on your forehead; get you some water and aspirin."

"Oh," she breathed, clutching at him, trying to hold him onto the bed with her. "No. I mean... in a minute. I wanted to tell you something.... Heath, I'm, uh, really falling for you. I think I..." Her voice trailed off.

She closed her eyes in concentration, as if trying to will the words out of her mouth. "What I mean to say is..."

Then she pulled her hand back from his, pressing it against her face, which was etched with embarrassment. "I'm sorry," she said in an agitated voice. "I don't want to say too much too soon. I don't want to scare you."

He pulled her hand away from her face and turned it over. With the finger of his other hand, he gently, lovingly, traced patterns on her hot, damp palm. His touch was whisper-soft.

"You can't scare me, you know."

She sighed. And sighed again.

He looked down at her through his dark lashes, his eyes sweet and tender. "Come on, we both know there is something intense... serious... huge... between us. There's no use holding anything back."

His beautiful brown eyes held hers gently as he spoke. "The truth is, Mandi, I love you."

He paused to let his words sink in.

Mandi's full lips were slightly parted, her eyes widened. Her pulse increased, and her feverish body trembled.

"From the moment I met you, and this whole week that we've spent together... I heard your voice, your laughter... saw your intelligence, how good your soul is – the person you are inside... Don't even get me started on your outer beauty," he said, chuckling.

She smiled, but didn't speak.

"Mandi, I love you. I hope that doesn't scare you either. I know it's crazy to say that after only a week. But it's just how I feel. And, like you, I've never felt this way about anyone before... "

He paused, looking down at her. Then, a big, dopey grin came over his face.

"Could you say something before I feel like a bigger idiot than I already am?" he laughed. "I mean, tell me I'm a moron, tell me to get the fuck out of your house, just say something."

Her eyes brightened and she giggled up at him. "Don't be silly," she said, smiling ear to ear. "Everything you're saying is exactly what I wanted to hear; it was the best thing I could ever hear."

She tugged at him and he leaned down and kissed her fully, deeply on the mouth.

When he pulled back and looked down at her, she was still smiling. "You're right, we both feel something amazing between us," she said.

Then, she looked up at the ceiling as she spoke, her tone of voice more sober. "But I wondered sometimes if I was just imagining it. I was nervous about telling you. I thought I'd lose the best thing that's ever happened to me... scare you off for sure. "

"I've told you before – I don't scare easily," he said, leaning down again to brush her feverish lips with his own.

"Oh, Heath, I'm so happy."

She reached for him; tried to sit up to hug him. Mandi winced as the movement caused her pain.

"I've never felt this way about anybody in such a short amount of time," she said, just before Heath kissed her tenderly, careful not to press too hard against her aching body.

When she could think and speak again, she said, "Hell, I don't think I've ever felt this intensely about anyone, period. I guess this is what they call a whirlwind romance or love at first sight. I just never thought it was real."

"I feel the same." He pulled back a little and looked down lovingly into her deep brown eyes.

"Oh, damn," she said tensely, her forehead wrinkling between her brows. "I've been blabbering on, haven't I? Now who's the moron? I'll just blame it on my fever."

He kissed the lines on her forehead until they relaxed. "Let's finish this conversation later, after you've had a good night's rest. You look so tired, baby." He stroked gently around her shadowed eyes.

"Oh, I know," she said. "I think if I could just get a good night's sleep, it might cure most of this illness, whatever it is. I haven't been sleeping well lately. I mean, I'll start to drift off, but I never seem to get into a deep, refreshing sleep."

"You want me to get you some warm milk or anything?"

"Oh, no, thanks. I'll be fine if I just can lay here. I could doze off right now. This feels so good to me, just lying here all warm with you next to me. Are you really gonna stay with me tonight? "

Heath kissed her tenderly, then he pulled back, just staring down at her, stroking her damp hair from her face. "Of course. I told you I'd be here, watching over you. I'm good at that."

She moaned softly in pain, clutching at the blanket that covered her sweat-drenched clothes. Then she wrapped her arms around him as best she could.

"Just rest. I'm going to get you that glass of water and something for your pain."

"In the medicine cabinet in the bathroom..." she moaned. "Just don't be long, please. I'm so cold without you." A slight smile escaped her shivering lips, despite her pain.

"I'll be back in a second. Don't worry, I'm not leaving you. I'll drive you to the doctor in the morning too."

"Oh god, Heath, thank you. I don't know what I'd do without you. You're like my guardian angel or something. I don't have anyone in my life that's half as good a friend as you've been to me this past week."

"Go to sleep, baby," he said softly. Her eyes shut; she sagged on the bed as exhaustion took over her.

Heath slowly untangled himself from her arms and pulled the covers over her, tucking them in around her. Then he got up and stood by the side of the bed, just studying her sleeping form.

A provocative smile spread across his face. He began to undress slowly, quietly, by her bedside.

After he'd shed the last of his clothes, he reached down between his legs and gave himself a few strokes with his hand. Then he turned to the sleeping girl on the bed.

"Hey, Mandi," he called. "Get up, bitch."

Mandi obeyed, sitting up groggily in confusion.

"What? What's going on?" She wiped her eyes and then gasped as she took in Heath and his big, naked body. She shrank back on the bed as the large man advanced, his huge cock jutting out at her.

"Oh my god," Mandi breathed, eyes locked onto Heath's erection. "What's going on? What are you doing, Heath?"

"If you can't tell what I'm going to do, then you really ARE a stupid cunt," he said.

Seeing the fear and confusion in her eyes, he smirked.

"I'm going to fuck you, of course. Nothing hundreds of other guys haven't done already. Nothing – I – haven't done hundreds of times already!" He grinned lewdly.

"What's the matter with you? I told you I don't feel well... and I need to get some sleep."

She gasped as he pushed her back onto the bed roughly.

"Get your hands off me, Heath!" She began to struggle.

"Now, Mandi," he said in a scolding voice, "you fucked me every night since we met... and you loved it!"

"No, I've never had sex with you, and you know it!" she cried as he forced her flat on her back. "Ow! Stop hurting me!"

His voice began to taunt her. "OK, maybe I get a little carried away - you get a few bruises here, some internal injuries there - but come on, can you blame me? You're just SO hard to treat like a lady!"

He grabbed her small hand and forced it onto his huge cock. As soon as he released his hold on her, she tried to jerk away from him.

Heath quickly snatched her hand again, this time locking it into his much larger one. He began to squeeze slowly. There was the sound of delicate bones crunching together.

"Oww – stop - please!" she shrieked in desperation, her voice going higher with each word as the pain increased.

He let go of her hand and began to rip her clothes off instead.

"Don't scream!" he snarled as he tore through her lingerie. "I'm not a big fan of the screaming."

She physically couldn't scream after that, but she cried and pleaded with him to stop, over and over again. It seemed to fall on deaf ears.

One second she was wearing her dress and lingerie, and the next second, they were lying in shreds on her floor. She was completely naked.

"You're crazy!" she gasped, clutching at the blanket to cover herself. He yanked it away from her and threw it across the room. Mandi tried to get up, but again, he pushed her violently backwards.

"Let's see, do I want you to fight me tonight or not?" He seemed to be thinking out loud to himself, trying to make a decision.

She stared up at him, eyes huge, trying to catch her breath. "No baby, please," she said, gasping. "What are you doing? I wanted our first time together to be special."

12