Falling Home Ch. 07

Story Info
A continuation of the story of Adi and Natalie.
6.4k words
4.75
8.9k
6

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 09/05/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 7

First thing the next morning I called Kim. She sounded groggy.

"Do you know what time it is?" She croaked.

"Yeah, it's time for you to get your sad little ass out of bed and go have coffee with me. No, don't argue, I'll pick you up. You got thirty minutes to get up and get ready."

Kim sounded concerned, "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah," I sighed. "I'll tell you about it over coffee. It's on me."

"Then hurry up!" Kim chirped, suddenly perky over the prospect of free coffee.

Kim plopped down in the car and turned to me, "What's so important that you're taking me out for breakfast and coffee to talk about?"

I glanced over and narrowed my eyes, "Who said anything about breakfast?"

"Honey, you should know that the only reasons I get out of bed this early are sex and free food. And somehow I don't think you want a quicky. Unless..." Kim put her hand on my leg and wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

I brushed her hand off.

"What?! Are you turning me down?" Kim feigned being hurt and put her hand to her chest.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but you're just not my type," I played along, enjoying the lighthearted banter.

"Why? Am I not dark haired and sexy enough?"

"It's not that..."

"Or is it cause my name's not Natalie?"

I pulled into a parking spot outside of Mrs. Winter's, shut the car off, leaned back against the seat and closed my eyes. When I spoke, it barely came out as a whisper, "That's just it. It's driving me crazy. I have never thought about someone so continuously before, and it questions everything I've ever been taught."

I kept my eyes closed. I felt her hand on mine. She said, "Adi, some things can't be taught. And others can be un-learned. What's happening with you?"

"I don't know," I answered honestly and shivered as the chill crept into the car. Kim noticed and opened her door.

"Let's get some food and coffee and sort things out."

We sat at a table by the window, watching the few people who dared to be out this early pass by, staying silent until the waitress brought out our coffee.

"So, what happened to change things over the last couple of days? Was your Christmas nice?"

"It was as nice as could be expected; apart from all the lectures I got."

"Lectures?" Kim looked confused, "about what?"

"About that damn book!" I filled Kim in on the events of the last few days, pausing just long enough for the waitress to drop off Kim's food and refill our mugs.

"Well, tell me this Adi, are you scared of what you're feeling?"

"Wouldn't you be?"

"Not really. I don't see anything wrong with love. But then again, I don't have your family to contend with."

"That's just it. I don't have a problem with it either, but I feel like I've got to make a decision between my family and upbringing and what my heart feels." I snorted. "No, screw what my heart feels," I looked down at my coffee and then up at the light fixture above the table - anywhere but at Kim. "She makes me hot. I've never reacted like that to anyone. Ever."

"And you don't know what that means," Kim finished for me.

"Yeah."

Kim sat back and thoughtfully fiddled with her coffee cup.

I tried to explain, "I don't want to make a mistake. I don't want to give up my family for some thing I'm not sure isn't more than infatuation."

"That's it!" Kim put her mug down a bit too hard and the waitress shot her a look. "I've got a plan. Here's what we're going to do."

I sat back and listened to her scheme and by the time I dropped her back at her place, I had reluctantly agreed to go along.

God help me.

Dear Natalie,

I know I've been a bit hard to get a hold of for the past few days, but I've been traveling and sorting out some stuff. What do you have planned for New Years? A huge party, I hope. Kim has some crazy idea planned for us. I don't know why I agreed to trust her and let her set the whole thing up. It's not that I don't trust her, it's more that she's a whole lot more liberal than I'll ever be and she wants to loosen me up. Anyway, we're off to the big city in a little bit; she bought us tickets to a costume ball. And, to top it off, I agreed to let her dress me. Think me, in slutty princess attire. I seriously don't know why I listen to her sometimes. Anyway, It's going to take me a while to get in the mood, so I've gotta go. I hope your New Year's Eve is wonderful.

Think of me at midnight.

Xo,

Adi

I sent the email, shut off my computer, and sighed. I had spent the last several days in the haze of helping dad in the shop, avoiding Danny and sneaking up to my room at night to read the book that Kim had bought me. And, when I wasn't doing those things, Kim was dragging me along to store after store to look for the perfect outfit for the masked New Year's Eve party she had planned.

It was finally New Years Eve. Downstairs, dad shook his head and said, "I don't like it Adi, I don't like you going out on New Years Eve. And to Atlanta? It's not safe."

"It's perfectly safe. I'm going with Kim to a private party. It's not like we're going to be prowling the bars of the underground. Don't worry so much. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon-ish." I walked into the kitchen.

"Do you have your cell phone?" Mom called out.

"Of course."

"Do you have enough cash? In case, you know, you need a cab or something."

"I have about thirty dollars."

Dad pulled his wallet out and flipped through it, sliding three twenties out and holding them toward me. "Just in case you need it," he held on to the bills when I reached for them. I met his gaze. "Be careful, and remember, you can call your mother or I at any time and for any reason."

"I know dad, thanks. I love y'all, but Kim's waiting on me."

"Good, I'll walk you out," Mom said and looped her arm through mine.

"Where are you headed?" I asked.

"I'm going down to the shop to get another turkey for tomorrow night. If I don't get it tonight then I won't be able to get it in the oven in time to cook for dinner."

"Do you have to do that tonight?" Dad asked.

"I don't like to procrastinate. Give me the keys to the shop and I'll be home in a jiffy."

Dad fished the keys out of his pocket and tossed them to her. She and I walked her to her car.

"Get a good one," I said.

"Huh?"

She was distracted.

"I said, get a good one. Turkey. You know, dinner."

"Yeah, you bet." She smiled and got into her car. She began to back out of the drive when she stopped and rolled down the window. "Don't forget that you and your dad are supposed to go out to lunch tomorrow. I'm going to swing by the store and keep shop while you go have some bonding time. Say 12:30pm?"

I agreed and waved.

"'Bout time you got here. You bring the heels we picked out?" Kim flipped her cell shut and tossed it on the counter when I walked into her apartment. I held up the black heels, waved hello to Brett and Toby and followed Kim into the bedroom.

"Though, I don't know why you want me to wear these. They certainly don't go with the dress."

Kim pulled the dress she had picked out for me out of her closet. "That's the point. This dress is hot, but let one person get a peep of those killer shoes, and they'll be crawling all over you."

"I'm not sure I want people crawling all over me." Kim hung the dress up on the door while I examined the shoes. I had bought them on a whim a year ago. Black, with a few straps over my toes and a black tie, just below my ankles, they sat on a black, slight platform with their imposing 4 1/2 inch heels. I'd never worn them and looking at them now made me wonder what the hell I was getting myself into.

I looked up to see Kim smirking at me with her arms crossed. "Come on, let's get you dressed so we can get your makeup done."

"Shouldn't we do hair first?"

"Either way. Fine, let's do that first. Sit here." She indicated a stool in front of her vanity.

After she'd put all of my hair in curlers, Kim perched on the edge of her vanity and handed me a cotton ball doused in cleanser. "Wash up."

I lifted my eyebrow. "I need a clean slate to work with. Geez, you can be so difficult." I did as she instructed and closed my eyes and let her do her best, or worst.

Fifteen minutes later, Kim blew a puff of air on my eyelids and announced that she was a genius. I opened my eyes and, for once, I had to agree. I hardly recognized myself. My skin looked flawless and my eyes were surrounded by dark chocolates and shimmering golds. My blue eyes stood out brilliantly. I reached up to touch my face. Kim stopped me.

"Don't go screwing up all my hard work. No touching."

"Wow, Kim. You're amazing."

"I know." She turned her attention to her own makeup, which was headed towards heavy eyeliner and understated highlights. "Now go get that dress on, and be careful not to get makeup all over it."

I grabbed the dress and went to the bathroom with my strapless bra and thong. Carefully, I pulled the dress on. We had picked it up at a costume store in Atlanta. It was a dress modeled after the early French Renaissance style: floor length, dark chocolate with slight cream lace around a very low cut, squareish neckline. The gold and cream embroidery enhanced the corset section beautifully.

And, once I pulled it on and managed to zip myself into it, I could see why Kim chose it. The collar was higher around the back of my neck and the accents around my chest were a blue that almost matched my eyes.

I walked back out of the bathroom and Kim froze. She whistled slowly. "I think you were born in the wrong era. You look hot."

I blushed and curtseyed. "Why thank you m' lady."

"I'm no lady tonight." I noticed what Kim was wearing. She had on a man's black tuxedo pants and a crisp, white tuxedo shirt that hung open just enough to reveal a black bra.

Kim stood and said, "Tonight, I'm your date."

I couldn't help but laugh.

"What?" Kim demanded.

"If you couldn't get me one way, you had to get me another." I kept laughing and Kim mumbled, "turn around."

I did so and abruptly stopped laughing when she yanked the strings of my corset tight. "We'll see who's happy I'm her date when she's fighting off everyone that's going to want to get in her pants tonight."

"No, no. I appreciate it; and I'm not wearing pants." I was giggling again. She yanked harder.

"Stop your laughing and be still." I did. "Ok, when I loosen this a bit I want you to lift your boobs up as high as you can without your nipples hanging out."

"What? You can't be serious."

"Oh, I'm serious. Here we go."

I shook my head and lifted my boobs while she pulled the corset tight, effectively lifting them into place.

"All done." I turned around. "Nice," she said.

I rolled my eyes at her and looked at my reflection. "You're right; it's like having a boob job in an outfit. Too bad I can't breathe."

Kim buttoned up her shirt and was pulling on her shiny, black shoes. "Haven't you ever been told that breathing's over rated?"

"Jesus Christ; I hope so." I gasped as I tried to sit down.

Twenty minutes later Kim had pulled my hair out of the rollers and clipped half of it up elaborately. She had her tux jacket on. To help her look the part, she had slicked her dark hair back into a low, tight pony tail and had a sharp looking top hat.

We walked into her living room where her boyfriend sat on the couch watching TV with Toby.

"Do not pass go; do not collect 200 dollars. Where's your monocle babe?" he asked and then burst out laughing.

"It's in my other pants." Kim tossed him her camera.

"Here, take a couple of photos of us."

We took tons of photos, both serious and goofy. Then I told Kim to give Brett his Midnight kiss since she wouldn't be there to do it later. She tilted back her top hat and kissed Brett. I snapped a photo.

"What the hell was that?" Brett asked.

"Oh, just a little future blackmail." I smiled innocently and grabbed my jacket, walking toward the door.

"What, with a photo of me kissing my girlfriend?" Brett laughed.

I looked at the camera. "Oh, I don't know Brett. Your girlfriend makes a pretty convincing guy." His face dropped and he made to jump up after me. Kim pulled him back down and straddled him.

"Don't worry. I'll let you undress me tonight and believe me, I'm all woman under here."

"I'll get you Adi. Just you wait." Brett called good naturedly, as the door shut behind us.

An hour later, we pulled into a parking spot outside a bar near Piedmont Park called Blake's. Kim shut off the car and put her hand on my arm. "Before we go in, I'll warn you, this is a gay bar and you look hot. Girls are going to hit on you left and right. Are you ok with that?"

"I think so;" I wasn't really sure. "Hey you're my date aren't you? So if I want to be left alone I can grab you and you'll be my girlfriend, right?"

"Only if you do the same for me. Now, here's your mask. Be careful not to touch your makeup."

She handed me an elaborate eye mask held on one side by a thin black stick. "You ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

We approached the door and bypassed the line of people waiting to get in. Kim held out her tickets to the bouncer who was dressed in all black leather and had a shaved head. I thought it was a guy until she smiled. As she took the tickets, stuck wrist bands on us, and opened the velvet rope, her face lost the hard edge and became wholly feminine.

Kim broke my train of thought when she whispered in my ear, "See, everyone thinks you're hot."

"No, that was your ass she was looking at."

Kim smirked; she yelled over the bass and led us towards the bar in the middle of the main room. "Let's get a drink."

With the tickets, we were given three free drinks each and access to the VIP area. I wasn't quite sure what the VIP area entailed, but I noticed a sign for it as Kim ordered me my usual glass of red.

"What if I'd wanted whiskey?" I asked her.

"Then you'd be out of luck; ladies dressed like you don't down the hard stuff."

I sneered and shook my head. I followed Kim as she led us through the crowd towards the VIP area.

The VIP section was up a set of stairs and overlooked the dance floor. Another androgynous bouncer checked our wrist bands. On the landing was another small dancing area with ladies, in small leather shorts and bras, dancing on two poles set up by the railing.

The music was thumping and Kim motioned for me to follow her into the room beyond the dance floor. We stepped through the heavy wooden doors. Inside it was immediately quieter. Soft jazz was playing over the hidden speakers and a bar was set up on the far wall. There were a few worn black sofas pushed against the walls and three or four tables around the center.

Along the wall next to the bar were several black curtains that hung from the ceiling and draped to the floor. From around the curtains, soft reddish lights glowed. Kim and I found a seat at an empty table.

"What's that?" I asked.

"What?"

I nodded toward the four curtains on the wall. Kim smiled, "What do you think?"

"Storage."

"You really need to get out more." She laughed at me and sipped her drink. She looked around at a couple of girls doing some heavy petting on a sofa. They stood up and moved toward the bar. "Watch them," Kim instructed.

The couple made several more stops to grope and kiss each other before they made it to the bar. When they finally got there, the blond with the black dress leaned up and over the bar, called the bar tender, and crooked her finger at the curtained area.

The blond whispered into the bar tender's ear and nodded at her companion. Both girls showed their gold VIP bracelets and the bar tender smiled and nodded toward the third curtain.

The girl on the floor grabbed the blond and pulled her off the bar and ushered her behind the curtain. I caught a glimpse while they went in. It looked like a small room with just a chaise lounge and a couple of mirrors.

"What's the big deal? They want some privacy." I stated casually, trying to rile Kim.

Kim looked at me like I was an idiot. "Seriously Adi? Did they look like they were too concerned with privacy?" She sighed exaggeratedly, "Anyway, I'm going to go mingle. If you need me, you can call me. My cell's on vibrate and it's in my pocket, so I'll look forward to your call." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"You're incorrigible." I shook my head at her. "What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know, be yourself? No, scratch that. Be someone else for a night. You're here, you're effectively in disguise. You won't see anyone you know and if you need me, I'm there. Now go do to someone whatever it was that Natalie did to you."

I blushed and got up from the table. She had a point. I was here; I looked hot; and I wasn't going to see anyone I knew; why not have a bit of fun, starting right now. I downed the rest of my wine and leaned toward Kim, putting my hand on her cheek. "Thanks love," I said and then kissed her cheek and looked her in the eye until she blushed. "Gotcha," I smiled and walked out the door and back into the thumping music.

I eased my way past the pole dancers, taking my time to eye them up and down from behind my mask. Then I gracefully descended the stairs. I won't lie; I felt like a queen coming down to her court. Maybe it was the dress, maybe it was the freedom that the dress represented, either way, I felt invincible.

I walked to the bar, making sure I swung my hips and when I needed to get around someone I grabbed them around the waist and whispered, "Excuse me," into their ear.

I felt good. At the bar, a butch dressed in leather gear stood up and offered me her stool; I declined. I was still having trouble breathing in my corset when I wasn't standing. I leaned against the bar and the butch girl looked at me and asked, "What can I get ya?"

I pursed my lips and thought about it. "I should be asking you the same thing." I said and smiled, turning to catch the bar tender's eye.

The bar man who came over to me was a small, trim guy in his mid twenties. He had his ears pierced up and down and his hair was dyed a bright pink. He walked up to me and made no attempt to hide checking me out, then he smirked. I could feel my face getting red and was about to blurt out what I wanted to drink, when his eyebrow shot up. He held up a finger, spun on his heel and walked to the far end of the bar to a cute brunette who looked like she was more at home on a cheerleading squad than behind the bar at a gay club.

The bar boy grabbed the girl by the waist when she tried to wave him off,; he forcefully turned her to face me and the butch on my right. I was staring at her and was caught red handed.

I couldn't help it; even with my outfit and mask, I felt exposed. I quickly dropped my eyes down to the bar top and then focused on what the butch had been saying to me.

"...party, dontcha think?"

"What?" I asked. She looked miffed. "I can't hear over the music," I yelled into her ear.

"You wanna get out of here? Go somewhere we can talk?" She asked me.

I hesitated just long enough to wait for her to meet my eye. She was eyeing my chest in the dress. And, as nice a job as the corset did to make the most of my smallish boobs, I didn't appreciate her ogling me.

The bar tender interrupted.

"What can I do for you?" She asked in an accent that told me she was far from home. The hairs on my neck stood up and I turned toward her and smiled.

"I'd like a glass of red wine, please."

"I thought we were leaving?" the Butch whined. Nothing is less attractive than a butch dressed in leather, whining.

"No, I've got a friend upstairs that I can't leave without." The butch pouted and the bar tender stood by watching us. "No, you go ahead. I'm going to be here a while."

The butch took offense and walked away, hiking up her chaps in the back as she strode across the bar, getting lost in the growing crowd.

12