Falling Through the Ice

Story Info
A wife is rescued.
5.5k words
4.24
85.7k
46

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/05/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Wifetheif
Wifetheif
2,405 Followers

Angela loved her job. The photography bug had bit her hard in high school. Now twelve years later what had begun as a hobby had become a nice way to augment the family income. It was her newest and most favorite paying job. Angela had been through a string of jobs but she was sure that this one would stick. Even in this digital age, the right image could bring a nice price from the right website. Angela felt fortunate that her husband, Daniel, generally supported her endeavors. True, he was usually too busy at his job to accompany Angela on her excursions, but Angela told her self that lots of couples had different hobbies. She did wish that Daniel would not spend so much time at the office. Angela wondered what Daniel could find at his office that was more compelling than her trim blonde self. The visage of her husband's raven haired young assistant came to her mind but Angela pushed it away, "I'm imagining things." she told herself for the thousandth time.

Angela specialized in landscapes. Sometimes to capture just the right picture, Angela would drive far into the country. Daniel said that he worried about her, that he knew that his wife was a smart woman who would not do anything dangerous. He helped her in his own fashion, packing Angela a lunch and a dinner and kissed her goodbye. To Angela's complete delight, what had begun as a trip to capture the late autumnal landscape, became a winter wonderland when an unexpected snow storm blew in. While it had been cold the last few days, the snow had not been predicted. Angela marveled at the snow dusted vistas as she delightedly hiked through the deep woods.

As she walked it became bitterly cold. Angela raised her collar about her ears. Angela was acutely aware that she was not entirely adequately dressed to repel the cutting wind. Seeking to capture one last photo, Angela stepped into a hollow to minimize the wind. Angela was too caught up in capturing just the right angle to notice that she was actually walking upon an ice sheet until the sudden crack and the frozen plane beneath her feet parted.. The cold was numbing and painful in ways that she had not believed possible. As the water closed above her head Angela realized that this is the way she would die. She thought about Daniel and fought for life. Somehow Angela managed to crawl back upon the ice sheet she had tumbled through. In the numbing air, Angela rapidly lost consciousness, her last thought was a profound wish for a second chance.

Almost beyond her comprehension Angela returned to the living. Her naked body was swathed in blankets. The smell of cooking food hung deliciously in the air. She was supine on a couch in what appeared to be a cabin. Eyes wide, Angela drank in her surroundings. She was not alone.

"Good morning Angela!" The owner of the voice was tall and broad, with a neatly trimmed beard and mustache, his large brown eyes were luminous and full of concern. He was rather handsome Angela thought, before a thousand questions assailed her mind.

"Where am I? Who are you? What happened to my clothes?"

The man smiled and sat in a chair next to the couch close to Angela's head. And replied,

"You are in my cabin. It is some fifteen miles away from that pond you fell in. You can call me John, that name is as good as any. As to your clothes, obviously I had to remove them to prevent your death from exposure. You have been feverish and very sick for more than two weeks. I nearly lost you more than once, fortunately, I'm a rather competent nurse."

Angela stared at the man. At last she processed his words.

"I'm going to bring you some soup now. When you finish that its into the tub with you for a hot bath, after that if you would like to talk I will be all ears."

Angela continued to sit dumbly when the man returned with a bowl of soup on a tray. Angela sat up on the couch to make a lap for the soup. The blanket covering her fell away, exposing Angela's fine breasts. Angela flushed with embarrassment and quickly restored the cover. Ordinarily she was shy. The only man she had been completely comfortable exposing her body to was Daniel. Angela had thick, honey colored hair that fell to her shoulders, her brilliant blue eyes often reminded men of sapphires, her tummy was flat and toned and her modest sided bust and trim figure drew envious stares from other woman as well as most red blooded men. She noticed the familiar gleam in John's eyes and tried to ignore it. Angela realized that she was famished. The soup tasted like manna as it slid warmly down her throat.

"Eat slowly, I have not been able to get much solid food into you since you have been here. If you eat too quickly you will get nasty cramps. After your bath I will give you some more substantial food."

Angela thought it strange that this man had not summoned and ambulance and sent her to a hospital. She did not like what those omissions implied.

"Who knows that I am here?" She asked between spoonfuls of soup.

"Well Angela, I know and now you know. It doesn't really have to go beyond the two of us."

"People are looking for me!" stated Angela.

"Not anymore. The search was called off after they figured out that you ended up in the bottom of that pond you tumbled into. Last I heard they were planning on dredging the pond for your body in the spring. They did not even find your car until three days after you turned up missing, so even when they WERE searching, you already were under my care."

"But my husband, my life."

"Are irrelevant at this juncture. That snow storm turned into a blizzard. There are several feet of snow in every direction. It is amazing I was able to get you here before even the deer trails became impassible. I already know you intimately. You were delirious for the better part of a week, you told me ALL about yourself during that time. I have a feeling that deep down your life was not entirely happy. You complained for example that your husband ALWAYS found some excuse to avoid accompanying you on your excursions. You like to tell yourself that it doesn't bother you but it does. Why would you want to go back to a life that was making you miserable? The amazing good fortune I had in stumbling across you was a sign that the little oasis of my cabin is the new beginning you need."

Angela looked at the man. He did not look dangerous but she did not like the direction this conversation was taking.

"Look Mister, I don't know what you are expecting but I have no intention of staying here. That Daniel may be avoiding sharing my passion does NOT mean that my life is 'miserable'"

"I'm SURE you believe that Angela. You also claimed to not care that he takes business trips with his young and pretty assistant. I know that you WANT to believe him when he tells you that they always pay for separate rooms. Of course you have NO way of knowing if that is true. For something that doesn't bother you, it sure is on your mind a great deal. I'm sure that after a few months under my roof, you will see the wisdom of a new life for both of you.."

"Months!" gasped Angela.

"Of course, this snow is unlikely to melt enough for us to travel until March at the earliest. The National Weather Service is predicting a very severe winter for this area so I assume there will be far more snow before there is a thaw. John faced Angela, a leer that she did not like briefly darted across his countenance before he continued. "Now finish your soup, I am going to start filling the tub." he said, this time with much warmth, before he left the room.

A stunned Angela performed an accounting of herself and the cabin. Angela noticed that she had lost a lot of weight and that her unshaven legs and armpits were virtual jungles. Two weeks, at least of growth. Angela noted that her earrings and wedding band and engagement ring had been removed as well. Suddenly she had profound pangs from missing Daniel. Even with his faults she was sure that her husband was missing her immensely. Still she did not like the idea of Veronica, Daniel's assistant, comforting him. A nagging fear began to stir in Angela's heart.

As for the cabin, a string of locks held the front door closed. Between the curtains, Angela eyes drank in a forbidding landscape of deep snow and bare trees. Icicles hung from the eaves. A large fire was burning in a lovely fireplace. The cabin was decorated with taste and flair that belied the stereotype of bad male decorators. Angela drew the covers about her and shivered, only this time not from cold.

John, if that was his real name, returned to Angela's side. A towel and washcloth were in his left hand.

"Bath time Angela! You will probably be unsteady on your feet for the next few days so lean against me."

Angela set the tray and empty soup bowl down on the floor. She was thinking up a reply to this presumption, but before she had time to react, John pulled away the covers, shielding her nudity. Angela screamed and tried to bury her body in the couch.

"Oh come on Angela! Do you really thing there is part of you that I have not already seen? I've been wiping your butt and privates for the past two weeks. You need a bath and, in your weakened state, I NEED to help you,"

"Please let me be!" Shouted Angela.

The man grasped Angela by the scruff of her neck and pulled her to her feet. Angela's legs felt like elastic as she struggled to get her footing. The demonstration of this man's strength convinced Angela that resiting would be futile. She allowed her captor to steer her into the next room. She did in fact have to lean against him during the short trip. As she walked, Angela became aware of a pungent smell. To her horror Angela realized that the reek was emanating from her. She realized that she must have been sick and idle for some time.

An old fashioned but charming bathroom greeted Angela's eyes. The tub sat on lion's feet. There was a large shower stall, a sink, and an antique looking commode. It was hardly what Angela expected to find in a rustic cabin. The blonde wife of another man offered no resistance when John assisted her into the tub. Despite the circumstances the warm water felt heavenly to her tired muscles. Angela knew better than to protest when John began to rinse and lather her body. After the initial embarrassment, shame, and shock wore off, Angela realized that John's touch was very gentle, almost loving. She tried to relax as she watched steam rise from the tub and dissipate just above her head.

Angela had no idea how to react as he kidnapper soaped every inch of her body. His fingers invaded her sex and asshole, Angela tried to slink away from the invading digits but did not have the strength. Angela saw her accumulated filth dissolve into the water. The smell of the soap and shampoo was much kinder to her nostrils. Angela was still processing things when John produced a razor and shaving cream and removed the hair under Angela's arms and on her long, sensual legs. Angela ran her hands over the aftermath of John's razor handiwork and realized that she had rarely had a closer, more thorough shave.

John had Angela stand. He took a pail and rinsed her off before pulling the plug in the drain. Angela stepped out of the tub and John wrapped her in a large towel. He dried her hair and plaited it in two long braids. Silently he led Angela to a small kitchen and placed a simple yet filling meal before her. Angela realized that she was still famished. To Angela, the simple meal of rice and chicken tasted like the finest restaurant meal.

Angela looked at John as he took the seat next to her. "I assume that my clothes are dry now. Can I get dressed?"

"Angela its not that simple. The cold was so intense that by the time I got you back here, everything you had on was coated with ice. I had to cut your clothing off to save time. Your skin was bright blue by the time I got you in front of the fire, I'm not a medical expert, but I'm fairly sure that you had pneumonia, that is what I treated you for in any case. My cabin is warm enough that you really don't need clothes. Modesty is NOT a virtue in my house."

"This is kidnapping!" replied Angela hotly.

John smiled and calmly replied, "You can't kidnap the dead,"

Angela put down her fork and said, "You can't keep me just because you want to you pervert. I'm a free citizen of legal age!"

John's smiled never wavered as he stated, "Upsetting yourself is counterproductive. We will discuss this after you have finished eating. Suffice to say that It is best for you if I make all the decisions for a while."

Angela wanted to continue the conversation but John's face became sphinxlike an inscrutable. Her stomach roared with hunger and Angela realized that the path of least resistance was to continue eating. Much to he surprise, Angela found herself eating every morsel in the plate before her. Along with the dinner she drank two full glasses of fruit juice.

Once she had finished eating, Angela decided on a new tact, "Look, John, I am very grateful to you for rescuing me from certain death and for nursing me back to health. When I am well enough I would like to leave. I will put in a very good word for you with the authorities. They might even give you a medal. Now I would like to use your phone to call my husband."

"I have no phone. We are too remote for either a land line or a cell phone. It is only by either blind luck or divine providence that I even came across you. I was out hunting. I tried an area I had never visited before in hopes of some fresh game when I spied you diving into that pond. Your clothing had begun to freeze to your body and your core temperature was very low by the time I reached you. If I had not had the foresight to bring along an emergency blanket and sleeping bag you would have been dead in no more than five minuets I had a devil of a time getting you back to this cabin. You owe your life to me. I COULD ask for all sorts of things in exchange. What I DO want is an opportunity to reform your life and banish your sadness forever?"

Angela stifled a laugh, "So you apparently are the world's greatest psychologist, slumming in the guise of a lumberjack? You had your thrills keeping me naked but I have NO intention of staying here. You have played doctor with me enough!"

John frowned and said, "You don't need a psychiatrist Angela. You need an ordered, stable life. I can provide that for you. Remember you told me all about yourself, moving from job to job, unhappy in every one. Not real fulfillment in you hobbies or your marriage. I can offer you a real solution."

Angela's mouth fell open in shock, everything John had told her was the truth. She was full of shame and confusion and realized that she must have revealed her every secret while laying naked on this strange man's couch.

"Look, buster, I don't care what I said., it must have been the delirium talking. That is NOT how I actually feel. And I owe you NOTHING!"

"Angela, let me put this to you another way. Unless I say so you DON'T leave this cabin. Your ONLY access to the outside world is through me. Not another soul on this planet knows that you're even alive. In short, you can make all the demands you want. I am under no obligation to yield to a single one. So whether you like it or not Ms. Simpson, you WILL be living to my dictates for the foreseeable future."

"Why, you insolent, perverted creep! You need a shrink more than I ever did!"

The sudden pain caused Angela to gasp. John was pinching a nerve in Angela's arm causing incredible pain to shoot through her entire body.

"You will address your savior and liberator with proper respect, Ms. Simpson!'

As quickly as the pain had come it vanished. Angela gazed up at John, his face betrayed no emotion as Angela resettled herself in the chair and tightened the towel about her body. Angela was intelligent and resourceful.

"I'm sorry, John. Thank you for my life. I'll spend the next few days working on getting healthy again."

"After you eat, you should do some stretching to exercise your weakened muscles. Do you know yoga?"

"Yes," replied Angela, "but I doubt that I'm in shape enough to hold any positions."

"I realize that. You have to begin stretching and getting your muscles working again. Sitting idle like your were is not healthy. I have a stair master for when your strength fully returns."

"John," asked Angela, "I realize that the clothes I had on were ruined, but do you think you could find me something to put on? I realize that by now you have seen every inch of my body but I still feel uncomfortable naked. I'm actually quite shy."

"While, you really do not need clothes, Angela. I will accede to your wishes to demonstrate that I am a compassionate guy."

John disappeared into another room and returned with a black tee shirt and a pair of white silk boxers. The clothing hung off of Angela's smaller frame but the captive housewife was grateful for the coverage. Once she was dressed John had her assume some yoga poses. Angela realized the extent of her weakened state when she discovered that she could not hold any pose for more than a few seconds. Before almost any time had passed Angela found herself gasping for breath and beads of sweat broke out on her forehead. Noting her distress, John had her stop and rest.

"We will do a bit more each day. It may take as much as a month for you to fully recover your strength." stated John plainly. He smiled and continued, "Dinner is quite a ways away. I have some board games we can play cards, or maybe spin the bottle. I also have a few very old video games. I also have a nice selection of movies. That's all the TV is good for. I have neither cable nor satellite. If I could I'd live entirely off the grid but I'm not quite ready to give up electricity."

John then paused and took a long lustful look at Angela and said, "As to what we SHOULD be doing I have several gross of prophylactics available. They have a thousand and one uses around the cabin, such as protecting my gun barrels from dirt and moisture in damp weather. You and I, of course can use them for their intended purpose. I have liquor if you need to relax yourself."

Angela's jaw dropped with her captor's forthright admission of his intentions. She eyed this man. He was big and obviously strong. There was a sizable bulge in his tight jeans. The young wife realized that she could not hope to prevent this man from taking what he wanted if he so desired, especially in her weakened condition. Angela was resourceful and intelligent she decided to stall for time while her mind conceived an out.

"John, let's not be hasty. After all, I barely know you. I am VERY grateful to you for saving my life but I AM another man's wife. Why don't we sit on the couch and talk a bit? Lets sip some wine and see what we have in common. Maybe I can do SOMETHING for you that allows me to remain faithful to my husband. I can promise you that that will be more satisfying than simply taking what you want will."

The tall bearded man glowered at the trim blonde woman and replied, "Angela, what we have is a trade agreement. I saved your life and nursed you back to health, everything you need to survive comes from my beneficence, in exchange you give me the things that I want and enjoy. As for your husband? I have no doubt that right now his is boinking his hot assistant as he plots how best to spend your life insurance payout."

"Daniel LOVES me!"

"Is the lie you tell yourself every day. But, suppose that he really does. Don't you think he will forgive your infidelities IF you choose to return to him after the snow melts?"

Angela knew that truth of that statement. Daniel would forgive her if he thought that she was forced or had no other choice, which was her current situation. She decided on a new tact.

"But John, I'm still recovering from my illness."

Wifetheif
Wifetheif
2,405 Followers
12