Family Album

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Highnoonn
Highnoonn
10 Followers

I stood up and moved to where Oprah and my father were standing.

"You planned this didn't you?" Abigail stood up from the floor, "You planned this, didn't you?"

"Mom, stop it, stop. Dad and I were just talking, we had no idea you would charge in with surprises. And what I'd like to know is your romance story and why Julian thinks you're cheating on dad."

"Now you stop it! Stop it!" Dad barked. "This is not the way I planned it. Now you're all here; Julian, Oprah and...you. Now, your mom and I are getting a divorce. We planned to tell you and bring the news to you after the wedding."

"What?!" The bottle I was holding fell from my trembling fingers.

"So all this kisses and hugs, they've all been a farce?" Oprah asked.

"No." Mom muttered, "We—"

"You lied to us!"

"We did it for you."

"What about Julian?"

"O Julian is a man," Said Stan, "he can take care of himself."

"Can you guys please just solve this yourself?" I wanted to leave there fast.

"Julian, your mother hasn't been a happy woman for thirty years. She deserves to be happy. She has the right to. And you, Oprah, I will support you through your divorce. You need to find a man who can make you happy."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You're getting a divorce? For God's sake, you just got married, you can't do that."

"Abigail, do you want history to repeat itself? Do you want your daughter to make the same mistakes that you made? Do you?"

"Neither will she want her son making out with another man in her husband's house."

"What?" Dad stuttered, "W—what did you just say, Julian?"

"Ask your wife."

Abigail was quiet.

"Say it!"

"Julian...Julian saw me and Thomas in the bathroom."

"In the bathroom doing what? Brushing your teeth?" I retorted.

"Um, what are you talking about? You mean Thomas—" Oprah fainted.

Dad caught her body in mid-air, "Get some water! Get some water!"

In a second, I collected a glass from the kitchen counter and darted for the sink. I came back with a glass full of water and handed it to dad. He sprinkled some on her face before putting it against Oprah's lips. Mom started jerking her until she regained consciousness.

"Are you okay?" I put my hand on her back.

"He's the one," Oprah said. "I'm carrying Thomas' child."

"That bastard!" Dad ripped his tie from his neck, "That bastard?!!"

"What?"

"Abigail, your daughter is pregnant."

Mom fainted.

"Abigail! Abigail!" Dad stood up, "That bastard!"

"Mom? Mom? Oh shit." I tried to make my mom sit up.

In search of Thomas, my father left the kitchen. He found Thomas in the crowd of guests and quickly moved to his table. Thomas barely said a word before my father swung a fist across his jaw. Everyone who could, restrained Stan from his violent assault on the seemingly harmless Thomas.

"It's okay. Don't do that." They advised.

"I will kill him, let me go!"

Aunt Molly and aunt Lara were sitting together on the other side of the garden. They had joined Thelma and her fiancée, Alex.

"Wow, such an awesome party," Molly said to Lara. "I wonder how all of this was put together so beautifully."

"Beautiful quite alright, but I haven't eaten anything yet. I mean like real food."

"Forgive me, but I thought someone wanted to lose some flab underneath her arms."

"I've given up on that because the last time I checked, people die of AIDS faster than obesity."

"Hmm... The last time I checked, your own husband didn't want to take you to bed."

Thelma and Alex started laughing.

"Very impressive. It's an odd world, isn't it? I can't find a man yet someone decides to get hooked on a woman.

Now, Lara and Molly started laughing.

"We're not hooked okay? We're in love and we're getting married."

"Wait," Alex started, "why is the idea of two women being in love so funny?"

"Funny?" Molly turned to Alex, "You mean stupid?"

"If you were ten pounds slimmer and had a face good enough to look at, I could have dreamt of having a crush on you," Alex said to aunt Molly before sipping from the glass of wine on the table.

"She didn't just say that to me."

"I just did, hippo."

Aunt Molly placed her elbows on the table, "Okay, lesbian, I don't know where you come from, but what you don't want is messing up with me."

"And what are you gonna do about that?"

"Yes, what you gonna do about it?" Thelma added.

"I'm going to beat your gay self-unconscious and shove my vibrator down your ass."

Thelma looked at Alex and they giggled. "You have a vibrator? We left ours, can we like use yours, please?"

"Eww..."

After mom woke up, I left the kitchen to the backyard, running into Thomas who was bleeding a little bit from the mouth. I kept a plain expression as I looked him in his eyes. I didn't want to hurt him but something snapped inside me. I hooked his collar and made a fist with the other hand; I was about to let him have it.

"Julian!" I heard my mother's voice.

Thomas didn't want to hurt me, I could tell because the look on his face said he was sorry. If I had hit him, he wouldn't have hit back. As my mom approached us, I let go of his shirt and walked away.

"I will never forgive you for this," Abigail said to Thomas. "Get out."

"Abigail?"

"Get out!"

"I can expl—"

"Out!" She left him alone and walked towards the direction I left.

After everyone had gone to cool off somewhere, we all gathered in the living room after an hour. Mercedes stood beside Antonio. I sat on the couch beside Oprah who was crying on my shoulder. Dad sat on the sofa beside us while Courtney stood on the other side of the couch. Mom was the last to walk in or we thought. Behind her was Thomas.

When dad saw him, he jumped from his chair hoping to tear Thomas limb from limb, but Antonio quickly stood between them. "You bastard! I will kill you I swear!"

Antonio was strong and he was able to hold Stan and put him down gently on the chair he sprung up from.

"What's going on?" Courtney asked. "This party is getting weirder and weirder by the minute."

"Abigail," Thomas spoke up, "I can explain."

"What possible explanation can you give me? For making my daughter pregnant and jumping into my bed?"

"What?!" Antonio who had stood beside Mercedes turned to Thomas. "You mean you are actually responsible for the... pregnancy?"

"Shut up," Mercedes subtlety told him.

"Maybe we shouldn't be here." Courtney moved to the door. "Mercedes, Antonio, come on, let's give them some privacy."

They obliged and left with her.

"I could kill you." My father walked up to Thomas, "Yes, I could... Kill you."

Oprah stood up, she moved to where the men were standing. "Is my mother the reason you broke up with me?"

"I'm sorry."

"Answer the damn question."

Thomas didn't answer, instead, he moved to Abigail, "I knew I had lost you forever when you married Stan, and then never forgave you for it. I swore I'd revenge, but I forgot about it with time." He started sobbing, "Then I lost Christy and the kids to that accident. It wrecked me to see you have it all! I thought if I couldn't have you," turning to Oprah, he continued, "I'd have your daughter."

"So, I was the subject of your vengeance?"

"Initially. But you were such a wonderful child, I—"

"I'm not a child!" Oprah exclaimed.

"No, you're not. I just couldn't go through with the plan so I ended the relationship. I swear to you, I never suspected for a moment that you will carry my child."

"This child is mine and mine alone."

"And where did you place me in your strategy?" Abigail asked.

"It just happened, Abigail. I never planned for any of this to happen. I planned to tell you. I was afraid you'd leave me."

"Out."

"You must believe me, Abigail, you must."

"Leave. Out. Get out."

Thomas looked around, at everybody's face. He bowed his head in shame and left. I moved to solace Oprah who had sat on the floor weeping bitterly again. I looked at mom. She was crying, too. My father stared at his wife with disbelieving eyes and she couldn't look back at him.

"I'm sorry."

"No," Stan proceeded towards his wife, "No, Abigail. It's not your fault."

She gently retreated from him and climbed up the stairs.

"Abigail?" Following her up the stairs, his voice shook as he called her name.

"We'll be fine," I told Oprah.

She sniffed, "I can't believe I fell in love with a bastard."

While they were outside, Courtney said, "Mercedes, I'm going to check on Oprah."

"Yeah, I'll come with you."

Mercedes pulled Antonio back, "You're the last person she would want to see."

Courtney opened the door to see her friend on the floor, wrapped around my arms. She looked down on the both of us. "Is everything alright now?"

"I'll leave the two of you alone," I rubbed Oprah's shoulders. "It's okay."

As I left, Courtney sat on the floor and embraced her dear friend.

Upstairs in their room, Abigail was packing all her clothes and whatever belonged to her. She wanted to leave, to get away from all the pain she thought she had brought. It would be better for her and for everyone if she left.

"Abigail, I thought we agreed to wait until after Oprah settles?" Stan was tearing. "Abigail, Abigail, don't leave me."

Abigail leaned her back against the wall and cried. "I can't stay. I can't face the children. I don't know how you are gonna look at me after all this."

"None of that matters to me, Abigail... I love you. Please. And if you have to face the children, remember you won't have to do it alone, I'll be there with you."

"I've never tried to, not even once to love you because I knew I will eventually go back to Thomas," she covered her mouth with her hand, "I never put any effort into us. Oh, God."

Stan shook his head. "It doesn't really matter. Please, don't leave me—"

"Stop it!"

"Please."

"Stop it! Stop it!"

"I don't want to be alone—"

"Stop it!"

They shouted at each other again and again and cried together.

"I can't, you know I can't." Abigail walked to the door, "I will have to come back for my things later."

"Abigail?" Stan continued crying like he was a nine-year-old boy, calling his wife's name as she walked out of the room.

"So, what's up with your parents?" Courtney asked Oprah.

"I'll go check up on them." Getting up from the floor, Oprah saw her mother coming down the stairs. She walked up to her, "Mom?"

"I'm leaving."

"No. Mom, please, no. Don't do this."

"I'll go get Julian," Courtney stood up and left to find me.

"Mom? Are you just going to walk out of our lives just like that? Like we mean nothing to you?"

"That is not the point and you know it."

"I don't know anything. Did dad ask you to leave? Because I can go talk to him. You know he still loves you, mom."

"Oprah, you're no longer a child. You don't need me."

"Mom, I need you. I am pregnant and without a husband and I need you. It's my mess I know, but I need you."

"I can't..."

"Mom, I can't do this without you, please, don't leave."

"No, I can't, I can't."

"Mom, listen, please, mom."

"I can't, Oprah."

When they heard the door open and close, they turned to see me walking towards them. "Please what?" I said, "You're just gonna walk out like nothing happened? Alright, go."

"You don't speak to me like that, young man. I have spent the best of my life crying... caring and enduring for you two."

"Alright, fine. We already know that. You're a mother, that was your job. That was what you were supposed to do."

"Julian!"

"I can't even believe how dad took it. I mean dad of all people." I paused. "Mom, I don't know how I'm gonna forgive you. How am I gonna do it? Tell me. For all I care, you can leave. This is so embarrassing." I walked away.

Abigail had drowned in her own tears by now, all she was seeing were blurred images. She saw her son walk away like he had never sucked from her breast when he was little like he had never called her 'Mom' before. He walked like he had never known her. Like she was a stranger to him. I thought she was because I couldn't bring myself to forgive her. In fact, I had already pictured her leaving.

"He's just hurting, mom. If you leave, you're gonna destroy any chance of you reconciling. Mom, please, stay."

"I can't."

"Listen, listen, let's be a family again."

"No, I can't."

"I love you, mom, listen to me."

"I can't!" Abigail burst.

"Mom, mom, mom, let's not allow Thomas break this family. I love you, mom, I do."

"I can't," she shook her head, "I can't."

"Let's deal with this together." Oprah embraced her beloved mother as they cried.

Stan was sitting by himself in his room, imagining life without Abigail. It was something he couldn't do, but he had to because it was Abigail's choice. He still loved her and there was no doubt in his mind that he wouldn't cherish her if she had stayed. He was an honest man and he couldn't see himself with another woman. He wasn't even thinking about it.

The door opened slowly and Abigail walked into the room. She saw how miserable Stan was as she moved and sat on the bed by his side. "I'm not leaving."

Stan felt an involuntary tremor in his spine. He looked at the love of his life with genuine amazement.

"But it doesn't mean everything is okay with us," Abigail continued. "I'm just stupid and you still want me after everything that has happened. I'm not gonna lie down with you until I have completely forgiven myself. I'll go to the guest room. But if you still want me, I'll come back here."

I was outside dwelling on my thoughts when I felt a hand around my shoulders. I turned to see Oprah.

"They're making up." She said.

"Like I care."

"How can you understand me and not her? Hmm..."

"Because you're not my mom and you're not married to my father."

"Listen, Julian, she loves you. She doesn't deserve this. I need you to promise me you will give her another chance."

I said nothing.

"Julian, promise me."

"Fine."

"Fine, what?"

"I promise."

She stood on her toes and pecked my cheek. Mercedes and Courtney stood behind us and Oprah went to them.

"Alright, I've had enough for one night."

"Mercedes, don't leave."

"Really?"

"Okay, I still feel like smacking you in the face and rubbing your face in some pig dung. I feel betrayed and hurt. The last thing I want to do is talk to you right now, but I need you. Everything has gone so wrong tonight and I think I have no right to stay upset with you especially when I'm even asking Julian to forgive my mom."

"That's a whole new chapter. I don't think I'm ever gonna ask you to forgive me."

"Great. Cause I don't even think I can, but for tonight's sake, let's just keep this party together."

Kimberly was kissing Leslie affectionately and he reluctantly kissed her back. When they broke the kiss, Kimberly said playfully with a hint of lust, "I can't wait to get back to the hotel, I really want you inside me."

Leslie chuckled nervously.

"I'll be right back."

When Kimberly left him alone at the table, he started looking around and drinking his martini with trembling fingers, hoping he doesn't spill the cocktail on his tuxedo. He would have stopped drinking, but it was a very delicious drink and it soothed his uneased mind a little bit.

"There she is," Courtney said when she saw Kimberly approach them.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Oh no, how? We're girls we're just talking," Courtney threw her arm around Mercedes' shoulders.

Kimberly turned to Oprah, "I'm so sorry I have to leave."

"So soon?"

"Yeah. Leslie has an appointment early in the morning."

"Leslie?" Courtney interrupted.

"Yeah, my fiancé. Oh, I'm so sorry I haven't introduced him to you. Um, you must have seen him around. Light-skin looking guy, tall and in a black tux." Kimberly paused and started dreaming with her eyes, "Leslie my world, he's everything."

Leslie was looking the other way when Kimberly and Courtney walked to his table. Turning around, he saw the two ladies starting down at him angrily.

"Is this your Leslie?"

"Yes. Leslie, my fiancé."

Leslie was short of words but offered them a drink instead. His demeanor admitted to them that he was guilty and had been caught.

I wanted to go up to my room when I saw Courtney sitting solemnly all by herself at the dinner table so, I decided to go and sit with her.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She gave me a stupid look and stood up, made her way to the couch and flopped down on it. I moved to where she was and sat beside her. "Are you okay now?"

"You and your obvious pretense. You're probably rejoicing at my pain." Her voice cracked a little and then she sniffed.

"How dumb can you be?"

"Oh, no, I didn't just hear you insult me. D—don't think I can—"

"Shut it."

"That's my line."

"Well, I stole it... I'm sorry about Leslie."

"Are you really?"

"I'm only sitting here alone with you if he didn't turn out to be a bastard."

She smiled a bit. "Yeah. You're right about that. I mean look at me, I'm smart, I'm hardworking, I've supported this, this... Idiot through the course of our whole relationship and he doesn't even have integrity and honor. That two-timing... What do you mean?"

"Well," I cleared my throat, "what I mean is... Whatever I'm gonna say, is gonna be under the influence of alcohol if it backfires."

"Okay."

"Forget it." I stood up, but she pulled me back.

"What's this? Stop teasing me. Seriously this is not—"

"I like you." There was a pause. "I like you. I have a terrible crush on you and I think I'm in love with you. Well, I said it."

She started laughing but stopped. "It's not funny."

"I'm surprised you didn't notice. Say something."

"Are you drunk?"

"Um... Yes."

"I didn't know. Then why are you always fighting me?"

"Well I'm not always fighting you, you are always fighting me."

"I don't care who's fighting who. Julian, why didn't you say something?"

"Well, I just knew I didn't have a chance with a woman like you that's all."

"Like me?"

"Yes like you. I mean you were with Leslie at the time and besides that, I mean look at you, you're incredibly beautiful, you're warm, your flawless skin. You're amazing."

"I don't date kids."

"You're just four years older than me. Don't sound like my mom."

"You're my Best friend's younger brother."

"You don't have to accept me okay? I thought me telling you how I felt about you would make you feel better at a time like this. That's all. You don't have to love me back. It's what I feel and it's what I say."

She sighed. "Excuse me."

"No, no, hold on, you don't have to run away. Where are you going? We're still talking."

"We can't do this."

"Do what? We're not doing anything, we're just talking. What do you mean?"

"We're not compatible."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You're not romantic for a start." She rolled her eyes.

I licked my lips and looked at her intensely. I pulled her hair behind her ears and she twitched a bit. She was about to say something, but I shushed her. I caressed her nape and put her face between my palms. "You're so beautiful. Do you want me to kiss you?"

"Hell no," she whispered.

"No?"

"No..."

I pulled her face and kissed her gently on her lips. She must have liked the kiss because she didn't resist, but kissed me back. I stopped and looked into her deep brown eyes that said she wanted more. I started kissing her lovingly and then I put the tip of my tongue in her mouth and she recoiled and started giggling. I loved it. I thought it was cute.

"Wait, stay here." She walked into the kitchen and came out with a bottle of champagne and then she drank an ocean of it.

Abigail and Stan were in their room, naked and under the sheets. Stan held Abigail close while she rested her head on his chest. They cuddled affectionately against each other.

Highnoonn
Highnoonn
10 Followers