Family Ch. 03

Story Info
Neither name or blood make you family...
9.6k words
4.63
34k
28

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/23/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
aka_Mike
aka_Mike
500 Followers

Author's Note: While this part of the story is far longer, I am sure that you guys can see how much faster the pace in the stories has become, there is a lot going on and I am trying to limit the use of flashbacks as we draw closer and closer to the conclusion of the story itself. For a while now I have been considering doing small single shot stories about some of the characters that I have covered to give a more balanced view of the world I am creating here. I have kept up a little with the past antagonists and protagonists, enough where I think I can put some of their lives into paper without much compromise to their life story.

With "The Interlude," I felt that it helped create a sense of perspective about Elvis as a character and showed a more direct contrast between him and D. Their mutual need is a direct reflection of their psychological dependence, based on the response to that story I will see if I create a world focused on Elvis or not.

I hope that you are enjoying the story to this point, as always please comment, rate, and favorite the story.

Much love,

aka_Mike

*****

"Only you could punch a Federal Agent, knock him out, and walk away without so much as a fine," Francisco laughed as he said this. I had just gotten done telling both him and Edith about my adventure the previous night. The meeting with Elvis, while short, was extremely informative. I had found out where they were keeping my brother, I found out the reason they were there, I even found out how much information the CIA currently had on my previous activities. If Elvis will declare war on me, I would not back down.

"All because he threatened me?" Edith spoke; there was a tone of arousal in her voice.

"Yes," I replied, "a threat against one is a threat against all." I looked at Francisco, "how is Anais adapting to the house?"

"She is relaxing," he replied, "for the first time in a long time, she has very little worries. Again, thank you for taking her in."

"No need to thank me," I replied, "and how is your Jessica project coming along?"

"There is still a lot of work to do there," he replied, "but she is a quick learner. She'll be ready in no time."

"Good," I replied, "Edith, amnesty week is running out, how much is still missing?"

"Not as much as we originally thought," she replied, "many of the houses have come forward with promises of repayment. There is still a lot missing, like I said, I think your stunt at the picnic certainly made a lot of people nervous."

"Good," I replied, "is there anything else?"

"Not with me, sir," Francisco replied, "I do have to go check on the boys and get the newer recruit up to speed. Ma'am," he said as he made his way out of the room.

"I think he knows," Edith said as she jumped onto my lap as soon as the door was closed.

"Well, he is not dumb," I replied as I kissed her, for a long time this would have seem completely unacceptable to me, but time and life had driven me to forgo those past illusions of honor and morality. "Besides, its quite obvious when all you do is give me bedroom eyes."

"I do not," she whined, "and what exactly are bedroom eyes?"

"Anyway," I continued, "Laura told me you were a little mean to her at the beginning of her call, want to tell me why you did that?"

"Because I thought she was just one of your whores," she replied, "but when she told me who she was I made sure that I took care of whatever she needed."

"I never pictured you for the jealous type," I laughed, "you are always so calm about everything."

"I like getting what you are giving me," she replied with complete honesty, "I don't want to share it until I absolutely have to."

"I'll keep that in mind," I replied before interrupting her next thought with a kiss. Again, the passion of our kisses immediately made both of us forget any past troubles we might have had. For the time being, again we were just a man and woman doing what it was more than natural to do.

...

"What is going on?" I asked Francisco. The previous night had been a repeat of the first night with Edith, our coupling had absolutely no love behind it, it was just animalistic. Brutal. Exactly what we both needed. But this morning, I looked at the man that was fast becoming one of my closest friends talking quietly to my newest sister.

"It's nothing, D" Anais replied, holding on to Francisco's hand for comfort.

"Sweetheart," I replied as I opened my arms, she immediately rushed to hug me, "please, don't ever lie to me again. Now, tell me what is going on."

"Do you remember the guys from the laundromat?" Francisco drew a cigarette as he spoke, "the ones from the night you got Anais?"

"What about them?"

"Apparently," Francisco began, "they are members of a local gang that has been making a lot of noise around that area. Thugs mainly, but they are troublesome thugs."

"I'm sure there is a point to you telling me this story," I replied, "what do we care about a bunch of thugs?"

"They have been making trouble in my old workplace," Anais began, "they made the owner of the place give them my phone number and they haven't stopped calling. Or sending me crude pictures."

"Are they threatening you?" I looked at Anais, she had just learned to be at peace with her circumstances before these events.

"Yes," she replied, "they told me that if they ever saw me again that all of them would take turns..."

"Do you know where their headquarters is, Francisco?" I interrupted, I knew exactly what she was going to say, there was no need for her to relive those threats.

"Yes, sir," he replied, "should I call the boys?"

"No need," I replied, "just us three is all we'll need. Let's go, you're driving."

"Please, D, don't," Anais pleaded, fear in her voice. "I don't want either of you to get hurt."

"We won't," I replied, grabbing her by the chin and kissing her forehead, "but no one threatens my family."

"What do you know about them?" I asked Francisco as we moved toward the vehicle, "tell me everything."

"They have about 50 members, their leader's name is Casper, he did two stints for armed robbery and assault, got released not too long ago as a matter of fact. One of the guys you took care of is his little brother."

"What do they move?" I was hoping that they weren't aligned with any of the other families, I could not afford to start a war with them while cleaning up my own family. Besides, the CIA was steadily breathing down my neck and I needed to be focused on that front for the time being.

"Nothing more than weed and meth," he replied, "they really have no alliances to anyone. Like I said, boss, they are a small time outfit."

"Well," I replied, "they are about to get a serious dose of reality." The ride was quiet, Anais was shifting nervously in her seat as the drive continued. "Calm yourself down, baby girl," I told her, "it'll be over soon."

"I'm so sorry I brought you this trouble, D," she replied, "I should've just left and gone elsewhere."

"No," I replied, pulling her to me, "this is where you belong, we'll take care of this little mistake of theirs in no time. Just hang in there, ok?" She fearfully nodded, tears were swelling in her eyes, "Francisco, I'll be doing all the talking. Don't do anything, ok?"

"Sure, boss."

"I mean it, if we can avoid spilling bloodshed I would rather deal with it like that," I continued as we pulled into a small house in the suburbs. For a second I was disappointed, until I saw the line of vehicles that adorned the sides of this particular house. These people liked to flaunt their small fortune, the loud music revealed that there was something of a celebration going on.

"Looks like everyone is here," Francisco said, "what's the plan boss." No sooner had he parked the vehicle that I had the door wide open and was already making my way into the house. Without much respect or manners, I kicked the door open. The scene before me was just as anyone would expect, the pungent smell of marijuana burning in the air, moans from some random whore being fucked by a number of individuals that I could only imagine. Beer bottles and garbage covered the ground as the living room was cleared of any furniture in order to create some type of makeshift dance area.

"My name is Daemon," I shouted over the music, staring directly into the stereo made some unseen hand turn the music off. "Thank you," I replied to the unknown figure, "like I said, my name is Daemon, some of you may already know me." I had spotted one of the thugs that I had so easily destroyed in the laundromat. "I am here to see your boss."

"Someone get Casper," the thug said, fear dripping from every syllable. This one had been the one whose hand was broken after he tried to shoot me, his entire wrist was placed in a cast.

"Isn't anyone going to offer me a drink?" Immediately, a young man walked up to me and offered me a beer. I uncapped it and took a long drink from it, the coolness of the liquid was welcomed in this unordinary hot day. I moved my hand to grab the pack of cigarettes, bodies unconsciously moved away from me in a panic. "It's just a cigarette," I laughed, "second hand smoke is not that dangerous."

"They thought you were going to open fire," the man said as he slowly walked down the stairs. He was tall, small afro covered his head, and a large amount of tattoos covered his arms. He walked with a limp, even through his jeans I could see the two knee braces that held his legs together as best as they could. Many years of smoking gave his voice a broken sound. "We don't normally see your type around these parts," he continued, "this certainly is a special occasion."

"You hang on to that thought," I replied, "are you the one they call Casper? Because the nickname does not make much sense."

"It's because I turn so many people into ghosts," he replied.

"I am sure that intimidates some," I replied between laughs, "I'm sure they told you who I am, so we can cut to the chase." I reached back and Anais grabbed my hand, I pulled her to me just as the smile spread out in Casper's face.

"Would you look at that," he said as he licked his lips, "you are bringing us a gift. How very kind of you."

Two of his men moved toward Anais, "if anyone touches her, it will be the last thing you ever touch." All eyes moved from me to Casper, "anyone," I reiterated.

Hands moved towards weapons, the silence of the room became almost surgical in its seriousness. Casper looked at me with a mixture of confusion and something else that I could not identify. "Are you the one that fucked up my brother?"

"I sure am," I replied, "sad to say how easy it was to do so, even if I don't know quite well which one he was. Is he missing teeth, does he have a broken hand, a swollen eye?

"Swollen eye," he replied, "you did quite a number on him." He continued to make his way towards me, the crowd parted as if he was Moses and they were the Red Sea, "everyone there says you just used your hands, nothing else."

"There was no need," I replied, "they came at me first. I just ended it, simple as that."

"It's not that simple," he began, "you see, I have to save face here, with my people. You walk into my house, you play this character, thinking you can't be hurt. You flaunt this sweet thing in front of us, then you expect to walk out of here as if nothing happened?"

"No," I replied, throwing my cigarette into the carpet, "I expect to walk out of here with a few more notches in my belt. I just came here to save you a whole lot of bloodshed, and of course to demand an apology for my dear sister." I carefully removed my blazer and handed it to Anais, then I unbuttoned the shirt at the wrists before continuing, "I am ready to get that apology any way that might be necessary." I began to roll my sleeves up, carefully folding it as I went along.

"So it is true, what they say about the Daemon," he replied, "he is fearless." He began to remove his shirt, the rest of his upper body was covered in tattoos as were his arms, "this is going to be fun." He cracked his knuckles as he took a fighting stance in front of me.

"Well," I replied, finishing my beer and tossing the bottle into the floor, "guess it's the hard way." He immediately moved to close the distance between us, swinging his fists wildly. I easily dodged each strike, this was a much bigger man than I was, for the time being all I would do is allow his stamina to run out before I would commit to any strike. I immediately noticed a pattern to his clumsy strikes, each right jab that required the use of his right leg was becoming slower and slower. After the 6th of those jabs, I saw my opening, a quick hook to the temple surprised him.

He took a step back in order to compose himself, my hands were still to the sides of my body. He was breathing hard by this point, the pace I was subjecting him to was not something he was used to, and something his size would not be able to hold up for long. Right jab followed by left straight punch; a side step around the jab saved me from both punches of his punches, however another straight punch to his temple again pushed him backward. For a second, his eyes were closed, his hands to the side of his head as he shook the stars that were surely blinding him. By the time his eyes were opened, I was standing in front of him, a huge smile covered my face.

"Are you going to apologize now?" The last part of the equation took place, I needed him angry and careless, my comment quickly achieved that; his second wind and wilder punches quickly marked the end of this fight. As he put all the weight of his body into his right leg, I immediately kicked the side of his knee inwards, as his body buckled I delivered a devastating blow to his nose. As he fell on his back, I immediately kicked his left knee, the sound of his knee brace breaking was easily heard by everyone in the room. His screams of pain quickly followed.

"Now, now," I said, "there, there," I continued as if I was speaking to a child. I drew my weapon out and pointed it directly at his face, "now we play this my way. Where is your fucking brother?!" I pulled the charging handle of the .40 Smith and Wesson pistol, "and why the fuck is he not here, in front of me, right, fucking, now!?!" The crowd quickly parted, "ahh, there you are," I said as I pointed the weapon at him and fired three shots. The sound of urine falling onto the floor followed soon after the smell of shit, I had fired around his head, missing him on purpose.

"I, I," he tried to speak, "sorry," he managed to blurt out before the tears took over. "Please don't kill me, Mr. Daemon, sir, we'll leave her alone, I promise."

"Your promise means shit to me," I replied, moving the weapon toward his brother as the latter continued to lay on the ground, "we could have avoided this mess, had you spoken to me like a fucking man. Tell me, why shouldn't I end your fucking existence, right here and right now?"

"We'll work for you," the man pleaded, "this was just some big misunderstanding."

"Now you're speaking like a businessman," I replied, returning my weapon to its holster, "Be in my house this Friday, bring all the fuckboys that have been bothering my sister with you. Fucking wear something nice, you aren't going to be pimps and fucking thugs anymore. If so much as a fucking wrong number dials my sister's phone, I will be back, and I will not be so reasonable." I took Anais' hand into mine and protectively put my arm around her, "enjoy your celebration, ladies and gentlemen. I look forward to a long and fruitful partnership."

...

"I hear you are still making moves, old friend," Elvis said as we pulled into the house. I had Francisco stop the vehicle while I stepped outside to join my friend turned CIA agent outside our property. "Some would say you are increasing the criminal factor in your family."

"Some would say that?" I asked, I stretched my hand and offered it to him. "Some would be very disappointed if they knew what was going on." He shook my hand without breaking eye contact, our training was as sharp as ever. "Where is your partner?"

"He's running some records on your new friends," he replied, "not the type of people you would bring around the kids, wouldn't you say so?"

"Absolutely," I agreed, for a second I thought he would never find out about Rebecca and Martha, I clearly had underestimated this man. "But everyone deserves a second chance, or so I've been told, how can I help you today, Agent?"

"Like I said, just checking up on you, old friend," he moved his hand to grab a pack of cigarettes which he offered me, "I hope your lady friend feels much better now that you have dealt with those predators. It's strange that you would invite them into your home after all that," he lit both his cigarette and mine.

"Everyone makes mistakes," I replied, "sometimes people just need to be pointed in the right direction."

"Where would you say the right direction is this time?"

I pointed down the street, away from the house, "I believe it would be that way, Agent," I smiled, "far, very far that way."

"It would seem like you are telling me to go away," he chuckled, "am I bothering you, D?"

"Not at all," I laughed, "you just look tired and bored. I hear that there is a very nice hotel down that way, they make a great omelet in the mornings."

"I'm more of a steak and eggs kind of man," he continued looking at me.

"Here I thought you were going to say that you became a vegan," I replied, tossing the cigarette into the ground, "honestly it wouldn't have surprised me."

"What type of criminal mastermind just tosses that DNA filled piece of evidence into the ground," Elvis asked as I began to walk toward the gate, the guard there had been paying close attention to the entire interaction that had taken place between Elvis and myself.

"I have no idea," I replied, "I, however, would assume that since the government already has my DNA, and since I could care less about littering in front of a federal agent, well that's all I got. You have yourself a good day, Agent Presley, I'll send out some nice lemonade out for you." As I walked past the gate guard, Elvis had already disappeared, "tell Francisco I need to see him in my office. Now."

"Yes, sir," he replied before picking up the radio and relaying the message.

Francisco was already waiting for me in the office by the time I had gotten there, Edith was nowhere in sight. "She is helping Anais calm down," he said when he noticed I was looking for Edith, "which means they are drinking mimosas and laughing at how hard you beat Casper. What's going on, boss?"

"I need you to run through the phone lines, the cameras, everything in the house and see if anything is being bugged. Also, I need a private investigator, preferably one with no ties to the family for some very discreet work. How is my brother's setup for his Bar Exam going?"

"He's all set, has been studying non-stop, his test will be scheduled once he feels that he is ready for it. I got a few techy friends, I can have them take a look at the lines and video feeds to see if anyone is high jacking our signal, and I got the right person for the other job. I'll get you his name and number, what's going on?" Francisco was truly concerned for me, while I was careful not to show any changes in my exterior, this last conversation with Elvis had truly shaken me. The fact that he knew about Rebecca and Martha made me consider how I would approach him in the future.

"Just being cautious," I lied, "what we are getting ready to do is going to be happening really quickly, and I will not have time to check up on certain things once the ball gets rolling. If everything works out as I hope it will, then we are going to pin every other family in this city against whoever it was that paid to have my brother set up." I took a seat in the desk and motioned him to join me, "while I still think that someone inside the family is guilty, I think it was more a crime of arrogance than one of dishonor. But my CIA buddy is getting awfully close to my business, a lot faster than I expected him to as a matter of fact. We are going to need to give him a distraction."

aka_Mike
aka_Mike
500 Followers