Fantasy Radio Hotel Ch. 01

Story Info
Jennifer Love Hewitt hosts a new show around R&B music.
13.1k words
4.53
25.3k
97

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/26/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This story is completely fictional and did not happen. All characters and names are fictional and were made up. I do not make money from these stories. Please do not copy and plagiarize my work.

******************

Los Angeles, California

An audible sigh was heard from a man taking in a deep breath outside among the blazing heat of the afternoon sunlight. Summer time was in full swing, making for a perfect afternoon for a bit of jogging exercise. With a large pair of black headphones over his head and wearing a white T-shirt to go with a pair of black jean shorts, a dark skinned man made his way jogging through the park. His feet moved over the ground in an expensive pair of black sneakers. The trees along the way offered shade from the sunlight while various people were out enjoying their day walking or sitting at the benches. A quick jog through the park was something Trey always enjoyed to do on Monday. The start of the week was usually long and stressful for anyone who had to go back to work after Sunday. There was no better way to get into the vibe of the week than beginning with a bit of exercising.

The son of fame, living it large in the city of stars. Trey had been born as an only child into a situation that many people could've only dream of. His father, Marvin Banks was a famed record producer who had a risen into a status of prominence following multiple hits in the late eighties and earlier nineties. Marvin had worked as a drummer, pianist and guitar player in his youth before advancing into a producer where he worked alongside R&B acts at a local record label in Chicago. As a producer, he specialized in song writing, working heavily with the instrumentation that involved him playing the various instruments he was skilled with. His big moment of fame had come with producing hit songs by Jade, Mary J Blige and Aaron Hall. In 1994, he won a Grammy award for best R&B producer. Through out the later years of the nineties, Marvin slowed down as his services for production had become costly only for top stars of the genre and pop acts wanting to cross genres.

On the other side of Trey's upbringing was his mother, Trina. Trey's parents had married in the year of 1990, just one year after his birth. Trina had met Marvin at a party involving one of the artists he had been working with at the time. She worked for a film studio based out of Hollywood that specialized in commercials and music videos. Trina's job involved editing and cinematography, something that she gained much respect for over the years. With both parents in high places, Trey had lived his childhood like a young prince. Money was never a concern for him, as he had been gifted with fine luxuries going back to his teen years when his first car had been a brand new Lexus. Spoiled was just a word to Trey's mind, but anyone who had viewed his private life knew that he fit the definition accurately. He had lived his adulthood so carefree that after his twenty-ninth birthday, his mother and father had given him something of a reality check. The days of his easy living were coming to an end now that he was approaching his thirties.

'Get up off your fucking ass and get a job! You gotta do something with your life with someday.' Such a stern wake up call had been told to Trey by not only his father, but his mother as well. It didn't matter to his parents that they were a family of wealth and fame. Trey would be thirty years old next February and he had been subjected to many lectures from both of his parents about how they had been working most of their lives and had carried many responsibilities at his age. 'Before I was thirty, I'd already made over six-figures and had a wife, raising a kid. I didn't have the privilege of sitting on my ass all the time living it up like you do all day.' His father had a point about his laziness, though it was a matter of different circumstances of living. Trey could never relate to the struggle of tight financial situations that both of his parents had endured, rising up from the poor conditions of their childhoods. He had it made compared to how their lives were. It was the best they could offer him as parents and now it was his turn to get out and make his own living without riding their coat tails forever.

Trey had spent over a month considering ideas for making a name for himself like his parents had done before him. If there was any type of dream job he wanted, it was something of a radio host or a television presenter. He felt that he had the charm and loved to talk. Much to his father's disappointment, Trey didn't take to playing a musical instrument growing up though he had passion for R&B and Hip Hop music. After a conversation with his friend Marcus about the old days of MTV, a curious idea had formed in Trey's mind. He considered some how starting a television program centered around airing old music videos and reliving the memories of the past. After weeks of considering the idea, Trey had thought up something of a show revolving around the set of a hotel lobby where he and another actor could present and talk about music. The title 'Fantasy X Hotel' had come into his mind. The hotel would serve as a fictional set-piece where the host played by him talked about old fantasies with hits of the past.

After revealing the idea to his father, Trey was immediately met with laughter in disbelief. His father did not believe the idea would work at all, mostly because anyone could watch music videos all day on the internet if they desired to. Despite not liking the idea, Marvin still supported his son and promised to put out a small bit of money to fund the show. He encouraged Trey to try doing the show himself and hosting it on the internet. Trey's mother had a different idea, as she went against Marvin's advice and told Trey to try pitching his idea to a network and creating a television show out of it. She had connections from her time in Hollywood and working cinematography. All it would take is a few whispers into certain individual's ears to open doors for her son to have an opportunity with his idea of a TV show. Trina went ahead and assigned her son an agent for negotiating a deal before a network opened interviews. In May, a cable network accepted a request to pick up the idea for an hour long program for the music videos, but Trey was forced to change the name. 'Fantasy X' sounded too inappropriate for a network to market. The name was eventually changed to 'Fantasy Radio Hotel'.

Several ideas were floated for the television program, but Trey had been given complete control as the lead producer. He listened to the suggestions offered, but it was made clear that he would be deciding on what he wanted. Thanks to his father, he had a budget to work with for designing the show. The network involved had set the show for a late hour slot, taking up what was previously re-runs of old films before the graveyard shift began airing infomercials. With the budget in hand, Trey wanted a studio set piece for the hotel. His mother called on the old production company that she had retired from and quickly managed a set for him. It made her proud that her son would be working under the same studio that she had spent over two decades in. The set piece was Trey's first focus, as he spent a couple thousand dollars with an interior decorator who helped design what would come off as a luxurious hotel lobby. If the show was to be a success, he planned to have a second set created that was to be the basic hotel room, but that was optimistically thinking ahead into the future.

Following advice suggested by his agent, Trey considered having a co-host to help him on the show. Since he had no experience whatsoever as an actor, it would serve as an aid to have someone there that he could learn from. He considered having a male co-host but soon figured that a woman would work easier. The studio set out a memo for agents representing actresses and models who were looking for work. The show itself was nothing more than an easy paycheck, as they would just have to host the program alongside him while music videos played. Trey suggested that the woman should be older than him and someone who carried fame from the nineties era. It was his plan to run the program playing old R&B hits of the nineties to rise up nostalgia to his intended audience. The memo was sent out and now after a few weeks, Trey was simply waiting to hear from back his agent who was in negotiations with other agents representing any interested actresses.

While out jogging by himself, Trey listened to a random playlist of music through his headphones. He stood tall at 5"9 with an athletic build. He may have enjoyed a good party, but working out was how he burned off energy and stayed in good shape. A small diamond encrusted piece of gold was fitted into his left ear while his face was clean shaved. His head was shaved except for light hair that was growing at the top. A gold Rolex watch was visible over his left wrist, as Trey was the kind of man who always liked to show off style. He usually wore pinstriped suits when he was out and about, a sign of his status and wealth. A black Bentley or a white Mercedes Benz where his cars of choice, refusing to be seen in public out in a cheaper car. By the time he was finished jogging, Trey made the trip back to his car with sweat drenched over his dark forehead. Upon opening the front driver side door, he slipped into the seat and immediately turned the air conditioner on after igniting the car's engine. His cellphone began to ring, forcing his right side shorts pocket to vibrate. He retrieved his phone from the pocket, looking on the screen as it was his agent Tim calling.

"Hey Tim."

"Trey, I need to talk to you about some things."

"Are they important?"

"Yes. I've just heard back from an agent representing someone who appears to be very interested in your show. I thought I should call and inform you. She's going to be on her way soon for negotiations and you should be present so you can meet her."

Sitting down in the driver's seat, Trey raised his eyebrow while still holding the phone up to his ear. Going by the sound of Tim's words, whoever this mystery actress was, she must have been confident about the role and truly desired it for herself.

"Oh yeah? Who's this actress I'm gonna be meeting with?"

"Jennifer Love Hewitt. She'll be at the studio within the next hour, so get ready and come over to meet her."

"Wow, really? Alright, I'll be on my way!"

Trey gasped upon hanging the phone up. 'Holy shit, is this for real? Jennifer fucking Love Hewitt? I don't believe it.', he spoke to himself briefly in a state of shock. Never did he dream that a star like Jennifer Love Hewitt would be interested in his show. He remembered her from back in the day, as he used to have quite the crush on her when she starred on another TV show known as 'The Client List'. Closing the driver's door to the Bentley, he sped off from where he had previously parked and made the trip back home to his condo. With only an hour's time, Trey wanted to find the best suit in his closet and dress appropriately for this meeting. Perhaps he had found his co-star for Fantasy Radio Hotel. Only time would tell, but he already was feeling confident about this meeting. Trey couldn't afford to be late for an event like this.

******************

1 HOUR LATER

Following a quick shower and changing clothes, Trey pulled up the Bentley into the parking lot of the studio and then dashed for the doors. He was running only two minutes late according to the gold Rolex watch fastened over his left wrist. It was only a short walk through the lobby back to where he always met with Tim near one of the studio buildings. Studio C was assigned to Trey and the Fantasy Radio Hotel project. Despite running in such a hurry, Trey didn't feel nervous about this meeting. Over his life he had met and greeted a number of famous people, coming with the lucky price of being born to a famous music producer of a father. His father had allowed him to meet various famous people when he was younger. Through partying, Trey had the privilege of sharing time with local celebrities based around Hollywood among dance floors and alcohol. The only difference today was that he was meeting a woman he had a crush on and hoped would become his co-star. Once he had made his way to the Studio C building, Tim was standing outside waiting on him.

"Ah, there you are. Come along, Miss. Hewitt has been waiting to meet you."

Tim stood taller than Trey by a few inches. He was an older white man with graying hair that matched his once black but now faded mustache. Tim always wore grey colored suits with a white shirt beneath the jacket. Trey followed his agent's lead as they stepped through the doors back into the studio. Beyond the first door led a white hallway. After a left turn, Trey was led into one of the executive rooms that was marked for staff only. Inside, he witnessed the woman before his own eyes. Jennifer Love Hewitt stood in a pair of black heels elevating her height. Her signature brunette hair was split down the middle, curling over her shoulders. Trey's eyes looked over her legs pushed into a pair of blue jean pants before trailing up to see the white blouse revealing her heavy cleavage. The last look he gave was at her gorgeous face smiling back at him with pink soft lipstick. Jennifer stepped forward to greet him.

"Hi, you must be Trey Banks! It's a pleasure to meet you!"

Her voice came off in a sultry southern accent, something that made Trey smile as they shook hands. He replied back while trying his absolute best not to gaze down into the view of her cleavage below.

"Yes, that's me. I'm honored to meet you today, Miss. Hewitt."

"Please, call me Jennifer. Leave the Miss. out of it, since we might be working together often."

"Alright then, if that makes you feel more comfortable. So you're interested in my show, Jennifer?"

She nodded to him before continuing.

"Yeah, I heard about it the other day and wanted to see what it's all about. My agent said you were specifically looking for someone who was famous back in the nineties."

Trey nodded.

"Yeah, that's right. You see, my show is gonna focus around music videos of that decade. I figured I could build something of an audience by playing classic jams and getting them interested through nostalgia of back in the day."

Jennifer smiled back at him before tapping his shoulder.

"Come on, let's talk about this away from our agents. If they hear us, they'll want to try and change our minds about stuff."

Taking his hand, she led him out of the door and back into the hallway. Both of their agents watched them with odd faces before Jennifer shut the door behind her. There was a reason she wanted to be alone with him. Her big brown eyes shifted back to him as she smiled and spoke again.

"I'm interested in working for your show but I'd like to get know you better, Trey."

"Oh, really?"

She nodded, giving him a smirk before stepping away from the door. Jennifer began to walk forward, her heels clicking loudly over the hallway floor. Turning back around, she replied to Trey while folding her hands together.

"Yes. You seem to have a good idea but are lacking experience. I take it that this is your first time doing something serious on TV, is that right?"

Trey nodded to her.

"Yeah, I really don't have any experience at all. To be honest with you Jennifer, I thought this show up just trying to do something. Anything to get work, since I'll be thirty years old next year and haven't done anything with my life."

Jennifer sighed before replying to her.

"You're gonna be thirty next year? I've got the big four-oh number knocking on my door come next February. I'm so not looking forward to my forties, let me tell you that."

He gasped back to her.

"Your birthday's in February? So is mine! That's pretty funny, I guess we've got a little something in common together."

"I think we'll have more than just a few things in common, Trey. We both seem to like the same music. I love your idea of having a show like this, kinda reminds me of Soul Train and back when MTV and VH1 used to play music videos often."

"That's kinda the idea I have. I don't know if it'll work, but I guess it's worth a shot."

She nodded to him. There was a reason Jennifer wanted this role so dearly. It seemed to be a stretch for her talent, as her agent argued against the idea unless she could be paid a heavy percentage of the budget. Money was the least of her concern, as she had been out of the spotlight now for a few years taking on the job as a mother in a marriage. Her imminent return to television had been made with a deal for a major role in a TV show, but she wasn't done yet. She loved music, evident from the time where she had something of a small career with singing. Jennifer wanted a new side role, something that could make her truly feel sexy again. Hosting a small show centered around sensual R&B songs seemed to be just the trick she needed.

"Well, let me tell you how bad I want this role. I've been outta the picture for a while, you know?"

"Yeah, that's true. I haven't seen you in anything over the past few years."

"I'm going to be on a new show that is premiering during the fall of this year. In the mean time, I need a little somethin' extra to get back into the swing of things. The money isn't my motivation. I love music and R&B stuff is something I've always enjoyed listening to. I'll take a pay cut to do this show with you, but I want to have some control over it."

"What do you mean, Jennifer? What kind of control do you want?"

"Don't worry, it's your show. I ain't gonna steal it from you. I wanna be an executive producer and bring in some people I know for doing makeup and wardrobes. I've got connections and know good people. Since you don't have any experience with this kinda thing, I can help you out. What do you think, Trey?"

For a moment, Trey stood there pondering her words. After considering it, he nodded to her. He figured that giving her control of the show couldn't hurt. Perhaps she could bring in an audience from her star level alone.

"Alright, we can do that. I'll add you on as executive producer and then it's officially our show instead of mine."

Jennifer smiled back at him. Her face lit up as she approached him and kissed his cheek. She watched Trey blush before replying back.

"Thank you, hun! You just made my day!"

He stood there, blushing for a moment while Jennifer turned to open the door. The tone of her southern accent came off so so seductive to Trey's ears. Their agents stepped out to rejoin them as Jennifer began talking to her agent. Tim walked over to Trey, giving him something of a suspicious look that prompted the man to say something rude back to him.

"What's the matter? You're looking at me like I just robbed your house or something."

Tim sighed and shook his head.

"I hope you didn't just let that woman talk you into something you're gonna regret."

Trey crossed his arms over his chest and gave his agent a smirk.

"Regret what? I think I've found the right actress for my show. She wants to do it and I like her."

"You're young, dumb and naive. If she wanted to take advantage of you, I'm sure she wouldn't have to try very hard. You should never walk out the door without me in a negotiation like this. I need to-"

"Shut the fuck up already! You're my agent, not my old man. Just do your job, I don't wanna hear you preaching all this bullshit like you gotta hold my hand and do everything for me."

Swiftly cutting him off, Trey wasn't hearing any of this nonsense. His mind was made up without listening to his agent's worrying speech. He felt Jennifer was true with her words of wanting this small show and he wasn't hesitant by any means of sharing with her. If the title of executive producer was what she wanted, she was going to get it. Trey was already thinking of what else she could bring to the show having some control. His idea alone had been to just play music videos, but now he wondered if she had her own plans ready. A good feeling had already washed through his mind upon this meeting. Not only did Trey feel lucky to be working alongside a beautiful woman of fame he had lusted for back in the day, but he had a strong feeling that something good was about to happen. Perhaps this little show could become something of a success with the right person involved.