Far Pangaea 52: Curse Words

Story Info
Choice words. Tender moments. Ray Charles.
2.8k words
4.76
10.4k
5
5

Part 52 of the 96 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/06/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,875 Followers

Greta Winston and Elle Franklin did their best to keep Ruby sane. Knowing that she had deep feelings for Jack Ramse even though she hid them well, they felt her loss. Having saved them all possibly against a Fallen Angel of unimaginable power the Colonel had cursed himself through a recited spell from a book of dark magic. A Chinese recount of the History of China and their encounters with great evil. A book James Ian Pryce referred to as the Book of the Living. How you lived was the hidden message.

It was obvious that nobody in the family here could now touch Jack, nor he them. He could still bond with them from a distance but would that be enough for them? Especially Colonel Ruby Goddard. Now potentially carrying Jack's unborn child. Her emotions were shot.

Compound that with all the mystical rabbits around the Ganthorian starship they resided in her brain was fighting to cope. All they could do was console her the best they could. At least now Greta Winston need not hide the fact that Jack cursed himself as Jack requested. It took time for the curse to grow. Distance pushing those he loved away more and more. It would only get worse.

Ruby would cry throughout the night. James Ian even went so far as to tell his pet to stay with her. Xander climbing up on her bed to snuggle. She needed his empathy. Once she fell asleep the others gathered outside by a camp fire made by Malcolm Brand. In his normal human side he was trying to keep busy. Frustrated by the aftermath of Verago and the revelations that the apple he had swallowed and become one with was part of God's soul. A mere shard at best. One he shared with others undoubtedly. It boggled the mind.

Cameron Scott joined him by the fire trying his best to rekindle with his buddy.

"You okay Brother?" Cam sat down with his bottle of Tequila. The lawn chair from the Cargo container Christmas list creaking under his weight.

"Yeah! Never better. How about the two of you?"

"Two of me? Who knows. I feel him out there. With my girl. Strange knowing that somehow I was split into two. Siamese Twinkies. All I know is I'm alive. God is good."

"Bible thumper now?"

"Wouldn't say that. I think God understands us better than we think. All that mumbo jumbo in the Bible was written by a bunch of Wine imbibing Monks, Prophets, and Con Artists. All claiming God told them this and that. What I know of God is one thing. He's a lover. Good enough for me."

"Can't believe you were hatched."

"I wasn't hatched. At least I don't think so. It felt more like I was released from prison. Ole Gaicazar's sword was the key unlocking my cell. Where is the cuddly Roman anyways?"

"Out near Jack. I set up an empty cargo container about 300 yards out for him to bunk in. Like me. Elle and Gaicazar carried out a bed and his stuff from the ship. Sophia built him a fire pit. Greta brought him fruit and veggies. Had to leave them about fifty feet away and vacate. He hauled them the rest of the way."

"What do we do about this curse? I told James to break that old book out and find a remedy." Cam offers Mal a drink.

"Dunno." Mal shrugs, "What's this about you and the car? James called you Light Rider."

"Fits don't it?" Cam chuckles, "I still don't get how I did that. I guess it was a one time thing. God's gift to me."

"Elle thinks you're connected to God somehow."

"Might be. I know I feel pretty great." He lifts his bottle of Tequila, "Ordinarily I'd be three shits to the wind by this low in the tank."

"Right. Hard to imagine how far we've all come in a month since our crash here. Feels like we're destined for greatness or something. All this God business. Angels. Vampires. Adam and Eve. Gaea. A loveable T-Rex that still scares the shit out of me. You just know he's gonna turn on us."

"Maybe. I just think Adam and Eve's restless souls are looking for a home. Inhabiting a T-Rex is just plain weird but hey. Who are we to judge? You're a walking talking Mountain. I'm a drunk ass Light Rider. Elle's a laser eyed diamond chick. Sophia's? Yeah, not going there."

"Smart move. Maddy is a ghost who can now switch places with her buried dead body. Greta's the Invisible Cowgirl. We have a Roman immortal who knew Christ. A boy Einstein on steroids. And, a pregnant moody Redhead. I think we're all covered now."

"Then there's Me, Me, and a sexy ass Vampire who has to sleep at night now. Strange as fuck."

"Cam? If you're God. And my apple is part of your soul. Does that make us true brothers?"

Cam mulls the observation over then toasts him with the Tequila bottle, "You were always my Brother. Brother."

"Racist bastard." Malcolm kicks Cam's shoe.

"Naaa!"

"Yeah!"

300 yards away Jack Ramse sat alone. Cursing himself for his negligence. Although a loner soul he did enjoy his friends. Companions. Ruby. Stoking his fire to liven it up his thoughts revolve around what came next. In the darkness he heard rumbling. Loud footfalls vibrating the landscape. Adam and Eve came into view of the flames incandescent glow. Looking up Jack sighed.

"Can't sleep Cozy Couple?"

"Nay." He hears a familiar reply, "I discovered a way to get closer to you Friend Jack." "Gaicazar?"

"Aye! On foot I could not walk through the barrier. However, on another's feet I could."

"Riding Barney now. Smart thinking."

"Quite uncomfortable. I prefer the saddle of the enclosed chariot."

Jack had to laugh, "You have no idea how much I needed that chuckle. How did you do it all these years of solitude? Chasing monsters. Alone."

"In the beginning I had my fellow Legionnaires. Until Lilith took them all from me. After that it became a matter of obligation. To God. To ending the suffering of my friends and brothers. There are more out there. I will have to leave in search of them soon. Even with Lilith vanquished her progeny lives. If not dead in a living form. I cannot rest until they rest."

"We both know I'm going to have to leave too. The curse grows more each hour. By this time tomorrow I think I'll be pushed out another mile. I'd join you on your quest but I can't even get near you. Unless you're riding on our friendly neighbors there. Here's my question. How is it the rabbits can share my space? Rex there. When you can't get close on foot. I figured the magic was their key. Souls are magic right? Yet, you can't. Your sword is magical right? Your immortality is mystical. Right?"

"I fear I have no answers my Friend. As the scriptures say. God works in mysterious ways."

"I don't think my curse is based on God."

"Perhaps not. I will look after your friends as long as I can." Antonaeus decides then to toss something down at Jack. It was a leather scroll.

"What's this?" Jack bends over to pick it up.

"It is a map. As you say, I have been here a very long time."

"Thanks Antonaeus. I'll make use of it." Jack raises the scroll with a glint of respect, "I'm just waiting on a care package. It will signal my departure."

The T-Rex turns its head toward the ship of its own volition. Hearing something coming. The reaction makes Jack pierce the darkness.

"Speak of the Devil." Jack grimaces. He meant it in a good way.

Floating toward him came James Ian Pryce. Utilizing the few drones he had kept in reserve to gravitate him closer. While also not touching the ground he was able to join Jack without the others knowing it. Too his side was a well stocked military issue back pack.

"Colonel."

"Thanks Kid. You always come through."

"I try. I looked over the Book of the Living. I'm afraid to read it too closely because--well you know."

"Yeah. It's fine. Greta gave you my message. You fulfilled it."

"Lots of goodies in your bag Colonel. Your gauntlet. An extra translator collar just in case. I made a new hologram box instead of the collar one. The collar might burn out using the hologram mode too often. For Ruby's sake please stay in touch."

"I will. What's my range on this?" Jack retrieves his bag and unpacks the box.

"Too be honest I'm not sure. There's extra life fiber in there in case you need it. I placed a list to explain the other gadgets. Try not to lose any. You may need them."

"Thanks. Hey Kid?"

"Yeah?"

I didn't trust you for a long time. You saved my life. I don't think I ever acknowledged it. I am grateful. Take care of Ruby for me. All of you."

James gets emotional suddenly. Trying to mask it only made Jack misty eyed himself. Floating close Jack took the chance and reached out to grab James by his jacket. Dragging him into a tight embrace. Painful as it was. Both endured. With a rough pat on the boys shoulder he lets James go. Teetering in the air James wipes his eyes on his sleeve.

"Almost forgot." James chokes his tears aside. He then whistles with a low tone. In swoops a drone. A slightly larger than usual drone.

"What's this?"

"I rebuilt DR-1. He's sturdier. I found some strange gold metal in storage. It's liquid until applied. Once it hardens it's diamond hard. I coated the exterior of DR-1. I don't think even Barney there could bite through him. I integrated it's circuits to offer you more in defense. It has the same solar collector tech to absorb and utilize as a laser. Gravity chambers can lift a T-Rex. Flight speed is ramped up. Waterproofed him. Heat resistant under pressure. Translator tech like your collars. It's all on paper in your bag. He responds to your voice. My whistle. Just tell him what to do."

"I'm not calling it DR-1." Jack grunts, "How about Fenway? I was always a Red Sox fan."

"Fenway? I like that. Fenway it is."

Nodding at each other Jack clears his throat. He struggled with any further goodbye. James took the cue and waved.

"Be careful out there. If I find a cure I'll let you know."

"Be seeing you Kid."

James turned away and bawled his eyes out. The darkness only hid his tears. Not his words.

Above Jack, Gaicazar feels his pain. Patting the T-Rex on it's head the Roman guided the beast away. He knew Jack needed to be alone. It wouldn't last.

The second Jack gathered his things and headed inside his shelter he hears another friendly voice.

"You're leaving aren't you?"

"I have to Maddy. This is going to get worse by the day. I'm cast away from you guys. Every hour I get nudged further away. By morning I'll need my shelter moved. Same for the next day."

He turns to see Madigan Ridge in her ghostly state. Floating there free of the curses direct impact. He was surprised to see her able to get this close. Of course she too was full of some magical forces keeping her alive. Not only that but tapping into Malcolm's mystical energy as much as she had been left her with residues of arcane influence. He was glad.

"Want me to come with you? I will."

"No. I need to go it alone. It's good to know mystical stuff can get close but you need to be here for Sophia. For Ruby. James needs a good Mother figure. Keep him grounded."

"I'll do my best. Forgive my eavesdropping on you and James. I overheard you thank him for saving your life. I don't think I ever thanked you myself. Between you, Elle, and Sophia you all saved my life. If I am truly alive. All this switching places with my body down under gets tiresome. Life fiber or not. I can feel the tug."

"Stay alive. That's an order."

"I believe you speak for my Husband. Obadiah would be proud of you Jack."

"Hope so. I'll stay in touch. Until it becomes impossible. Just keep Ruby sane. If she is carrying my baby this is going to devastate her. I feel like a deadbeat Dad. Not much choice though."

"You would never be a deadbeat Dad." She frowns, "Find your way home Soldier. For all our sakes."

"No promises Maddy."

"If you don't I'll come find you."

"A welcomed sight when that day comes." He salutes her. These tears were hard to fight off.

Maddy understood. If she could hug him in her spectral form she would. A returned salute was sufficient. She would go back to the ship and turn her body normal. She wanted to cry and do it well. In private.

Inside the Starship James Ian returned to his lab. Eyes swollen from too much emotion. He shuffles about aimlessly. Eying the Chinese spell book he prepares to reach for it. Suddenly, a glowing blue circle surrounds the ironbound tome. Shocked by the interception he witnesses the book literally sinking into the circle. Vanishing into the table it rested upon. As the blue circle fades away James taps the table where it once lay.

"That sucks."

Within her Meditation Chamber Sophia Ridge sits upon the floor Indian style. Peacefully enjoying her microscopic allies as they sing away in an unknown hum. Their native language obviously. It relaxed her. She needed to get her mind off of Jack's situation. This was her solution.

Without warning her friends switched tunes to a hummed rendition of Hit the Road Jack. At first not recognizing it until the actual words stuck in her thoughts she whips her eyelids open with a stunned expression. This led to a miserable pout.

"Goodbye Jack."

Restless in her bed Ruby Goddard feels her tummy ignite yet again. Words read as two letters at a time. NO then AD. Followed by a lone letter M. It only took her a moment to put them together.

"NOMAD." She leaps out of bed and races from her room. Leaving poor Xander to whine at her departure. Wearing only her tank and a thong she darts down the still advanced ramp and out across the crops. Rabbits scattering in every direction. Her fiery stride not even worried about any invisible barrier. She spots the still smoldering camp fire of Jack's temporary residence. It called to her. A mad emotional run across the desert in her bare feet she nearly trips twice. Fevered by her need to see Jack she forges ahead. To her shock she is allowed close. Entering the opened container.

"Jack?"

Nothing.

"Are you here?"

No words.

In the darkness she reaches out to guide her toward his bed. Knocking over small objects in her path. Finally, her touch discovers a large piece of paper. Her heart stopped at the crinkle of it. Plucking it up she marches out to the fire and used its glare to read the paper. It made her tear up.

"Ruby. You need to stay strong. You're their Leader now. Without guidance these troops won't survive. For the record I do not regret our night together. If we did conceive a child just know I'll love it just as I love you. Yeah! Yeah! Don't get all weepy. I'll do my best to get back to you. Until then I expect you to keep it together. Not for just the others. For yourself. This curse will only burden us. Each hour I find myself being forced further away. Better to go now than be a hundred miles away in a week. You know I would stay and stand by our child if I could. Name him or her something Noble. I'll be in touch. You haven't lost me completely."

"Oh Jack." She snivels with a hand to her heart.

"P.S.! I left you something to keep me close. It's on my pillow....Jack."

She looks up with a deep breath and dares the darkness once again. Stumbling a bit until her tummy decides to light up. This time the letters were NO with hesitance.

"Yeah! I know NOMAD."

She uses the light to find his bed again. It's glow signaling a beacon upon something shiny. Sitting down on the mattress she reaches over to the pillows and picks up something that makes her stop crying. It was like a passing of the torch. Ruby Goddard held up Jack's wedding band. Her belly forms a well lit circle that she examines.

"You like the shiny don't you?"

Within the ring of light the letters BL emblazon her abdomen then fade to become an E. "NOBLE! You weren't saying NOMAD that time. You like the name NOBLE?"

Her belly flutters as if restless.

"NOBLE it is."

Yes it was.

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,875 Followers