Far Pangaea 75 : Djinn Pop

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've had enough of you." Jack snarls and looks to his left at the hatch. Stepping out for the first time was Wretch. The Djinn noting her arrival with interest. She elegantly crawled forth and stood before the Djinn, one arm behind her back. A feeble arm outstretches out over the water.

"Land." She decrees.

The Djinn falters slightly, "No. We have drifted too close. I can feel it now."

As the Djinn reels with a sudden fatigue Soultaker topples from his grasp. Its fall stabs upright into the deck, hilt poised to the Heavens. Without warning spirits rise from below deck. Those of lost souls. Slaves of one color. Slaves of another. Fallen crew members. Hundreds of them swarm the Djinn. Magic waning for one leads to magic returning to others.

Jack falls to the deck landing on his back. Watching the spirits swirl about Mordecai became mesmerizing for everyone. His only distraction in the form of a lithe black cat that crawled on to Jack's belly and laid down purring.

Land in sight drew away the Djinn's mystical energies. Hissing in chants to retrieve what he was losing led to the souls of the dead being pulled into Soultaker. As soon as Jack realized the Djinn was in control he leaps to his feet. The cat hopping away with a rude squall. Waves still batting the ship he notes Wretch bringing her hidden hand around for a pleasant surprise.

"Fenway." Jack smirks. The orb rising from the old woman's hand it drifts toward Jack, "Take this bastard to land and drop him off."

Gravity increasing around the Djinn forces the Captain into the air with screams of agony. Not even his mystical barricades could pierce the effect of induced gravity. He was becoming weightless as Fenway hauls him overboard. Crashing waves strike the Djinn as he is carried mere feet above the water. The battery of the water pressure confusing him.

Cheers were heard from the entire crew. Their freedom at hand. As he stood solemn against the ships rail Jack wanted to be certain of the Djinn's demise. Eyes wincing against the rain he feels a hand touch his back. Turning only his head he spots Wretch beside him.

"He shall perish. A job well done young God."

"Knock it off already. I'm a Man. Nothing more."

"So you say. Choice is yours."

He shakes his head losing sight of Fenway and the Djinn. A sudden chill overtakes him. Turning swiftly he races to Kensington cradling Addison in his arms. The Brit looking up at Jack with a losing expression. Kneeling beside them Jack searches for a pulse. It was weak but there.

"Get her to her cabin. Keep her warm. Carry her carefully. Her neck might be broken." Crew members claim her from Kensington and slowly move away with her body. Jack rising up extends a hand to the Brit. Swallowing dryly the weakened Brit accepts and is pulled to his feet. Once eye contact wavers Jack returns to the rail. The sea was calming slightly. Perhaps the worst was over.

A mile distant Lowball reaches a beach and drops the Djinn. Colliding on the sand a deafening death cry was heard all the way out to sea. In his agony he staggers about as the Pterodactyl reaches shore with Lowball. Still riding it for dear life the Leprechaun is forced into a spiral swoop over the Djinn. Right above the demon Lowball loses his grip on his axe. Freefall he observes it directly hit the Djinn on top of his head. The blade splitting his skull wide open. The metal upon contact creating a flaming pyre. The Djinn dancing about explodes into dust. The axe alone in the sand hilt up.

"Ye slew the evil beastie man. Lowball the hero." His hands leave the bird and rear up in victory. His mistake. The prehistoric bird shifts directions and Lowball falls from its wingspan. Glad to be free of him the Pterodactyl flies off into the inland.

Lowball hits the rocks hard. Eyes barely blinking as he stares up at the clouds. Fenway racing toward him hovers above. A swift diagnostic of Lowball forces Fenway to leave him. To move the little man would be a fatal blow. If a robot could show empathy. It had succeeded. Off Fenway went.

With a gurgle of blood Lowball gasps, "Saved them all I did."

Back on the ship Wretch could feel her body altering once again. Not in any change in appearance but of her muscles tightening. Inner strength she would find. Agility led to a wicked dance that she recalled from her youth. The crew became leery of her. Jack had gone to check on Addison. Still resting he winces remembering her words. Soultaker placed in her room for safekeeping.

"Aunt Ruby. How in the hell is that even possible? Who finds family a billion years in the past?" He grumbles a bit more digging in her trunk for his binoculars. Heading out the door he turns, "Why would anyone go back in time to even look for family? Gotta be playing some game with me." Sneering he takes his leave returning to the rail he had stood at earlier. Binoculars poised he searches for Bianca's body. Even Lowball in the air. Nothing.

In his search he feels something funny. Buzzing over his crotch. Lowering the binoculars he scowls. With one hand he reaches down and unzips his slacks. Rustling from beneath his boxers leads to a very familiar passenger. A tiny head peeks out of his boxers and looks around.

"You can come out now. It's safe."

Iota smiles and pulls out from beneath his wet boxers and makes certain her wings could carry her. Flight was easier now. Happiness becomes giddiness. Flying skyward to buzz in front of Jack's face. He had resumed looking through his binoculars. Iota zipped up to stand on the poised magnifiers.

"Where Lowball?" She mutters.

"Not sure yet. I can't find him."

Wretch steps up behind them, "I fear he has been hurt."

"What?" Jack turns lowering the binoculars with a stern glare. Iota taking flight with a look of shock.

Wretch rubs her eye sockets, "Desist a moment." From within her flesh water wells up on her palms. Water that had sought refuge within her body. Mystical water. Puddles forming up her eyes return in their liquid state. She could see once more. Showing Jack she smiles then switches her expression to sorrow.

"What do you see?"

"Pain. Lowball has fallen."

Staggered by her admission Jack accidently drops his binoculars overboard, "Dammit!"

Wretch lowers her gaze, "Forgive me. I was wrong."

"About what?" Jack snaps.

"It was not Lowball that dropped your special eyes. It was you."

"Outstanding."

Fenway returns and lets out a series of beeps. Jack couldn't really decipher them without his Translation collar. However Iota buzzes up in front of Fenway as if understanding him. With a teary gasp Iota without even a glance jets off at lightning speed toward the shore. Fenway hovers a moment leaving Jack to stare in awe. Seconds later his binoculars rise from the depths. Fenway made certain of it.

"Anchor this boat." Jack calls out. The crew reacting with zest, "AYE CAP'N."

"Cap--?" Jack hesitates. Nodding at Wretch he accepts his temporary post. A hand on the old woman's shoulder he looks into her aquatic gaze, "Stay here. Look after Addison. I'm going ashore to find Lowball. Bianca hopefully."

"Captain Jack?" Wretch sighs, "Beware Bianca. The girl is dead to us."

"Dead? Why beware her then?"

"Dead as we know her. Good luck."

Without expression Jack tells Fenway to fly him to shore. Once in the air the crew drops anchor and moans out of awe. Wretch hears their words vividly. All presumed Jack was a God. All would tow the line from here on out. Feeling the black cat rub along her leg Wretch looks down.

"Yes. Clothing would be nice."

Ignoring the turbulent waves below him Jack flew like a true hero. Superman he knew James would say. It did feel exhilarating. Yet, he knew it was only due to Fenway. Without his faithful drone he would be using a long boat to reach his goal. Reaching the shoreline Fenway lowered him right beside Lowball on the rocks. His heart sank spotting blood and the angle he was laying upon the rocks. Feet on the ground Jack raced to his side. Iota already there crying and hugging his cheek.

"Easy Buddy." Jack noted breathing. Only Lowball's eyes were moving. Crying along with Iota. Crouching in the surf about him Jack lightly touches an arm. Lowball brightens his eyes.

"I hurt Lad."

"I can see that. I'm afraid to move you. Your back might be broke." He carefully removes a boot and tickles his toes, "Feel that?"

"Nae."

"Paralysis. I'm not sure what I can do for you. Bones broke everywhere. Spitting up blood. Might have punctured a lung."

Fenway beeps erratically all of a sudden as if trying to tell Jack of his scan. Iota checks her emotions and nods at Jack pointing at his arms and legs. Broken for certain.

"I still don't know how you two know what each other are saying. How's his lungs? Internal bleeding?"

Iota shakes her head no.

"How can we move him? Gravity even might do him harm."

Iota looks around her and spots Lowball's axe in the beach. It had slipped sideways a bit from its original landing. Taking to the air she zips around it as if examining the blade. With her own mystical strength returning she grabs the hilt of the axe and literally lifts it up. Jack sat amazed of her ability. He was glad she was back to normal. But, what good was his axe? Did she mean for Jack to amputate his limbs?

"What am I doing with his blade?"

Relinquishing it to Jack she flutters closer to the blade and pats the metal.

"Magic."

"Magic? How? It's just an axe. Do you mean your magic?"

Shaking her head one second then nodding the next.

"I'm confused."

"Bad man magic." She points at the battleax. Alternating her point toward herself, "O'Tah magic."

"Still lost. Just show me." He suddenly pauses, "Wait. The Djinn's magic is in Lowball's axe. Will that mean the Djinn can possess Lowball?" Her reply negative.

Flying up she nudges his hand to lower the axe next to Lowball's side. As it touched his arm Iota fires up after rubbing her palms together. With the heat building Jack got up and stepped back. Watching as his axe blade melted into ooze. The liquid metal seeping under Lowball and forming under his body. Her magic's spreading the metal into a cast. As the metal expands it rises over his body and encases all of him but his face.

"Wow! You are certainly something Kid."

Iota smiles lowering her heated glow. Once satisfied she points at Fenway, "Bubble carry Lowball now."

"Bubble?" Jack poises a brow, "You heard the lady Fenway. Take Lowball back to the ship. I'm gonna take a stroll and see if I can find Bianca's body. Hopefully the storm carried her to shore. If she's alive I'll build a fire to get your attention to come get me."

"O'Tah go with Jack."

He grins, "There's my fire signal. Come on Hotstuff."

Fenway levitates Lowball without so much as a painful grimace. As the encased Runt is flown away Jack looks out to sea. The ship in the distance. His thoughts all over the mental map. At least Lowball was alive. The Djinn was dead. Addison he needed to have a long talk with. Hearing Ruby by name got him thinking of what he left behind. In his stride along the coastline he smirks, "Captain Jack. At least nobody connected me to Jack Sparrow. That would be embarrassing. Still time. Addison is from 2037. Had to be Pirate sequels made after we vanished. Disney knows a treasure when they see one. For now I'm stuck with Tinkerhell."

Dawn was rising.

"Where are you Bianca?"

No man left behind. No woman either.