Far Pangaea 76 : Bold Move

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Obadiah might have moved on by 2027. Just like you might in the meanwhile. Is it fair to either of you to be tortured into not knowing love again?"

"Is it love you require Malcolm? From me?"

"I didn't say that. I think you know there are feelings brewin'. Love? That's a strong word. How about you?"

"The same. I do care about you. Still, my marriage vows meant something. At the time. I say at best we enjoy each others company. I know I mentioned no more before today. I do not think I can go without a hint of normalcy. The touch of a noble man. I guess I pray Obadiah might understand."

"Me too. Like I told you once I really do respect the General. Needs can chew a fella up."

As they ease into each others arms for a caring embrace their union is interrupted. A door to the private quarters of Orin Ridge opens unexpectedly. A Ganthorian Scientist shuffles forward.

"Forgive my intrusion. I have been instructed to offer my assistance in caring for Orin. My name is K'Vyn."

Madigan parts her hug and steps back to look into the gravity bed which had been used as a crib. Orin was still asleep. Looking like a little Angel. Smiling Madigan looks back at Malcolm, "I would like to stay here awhile longer. You are welcome to join me K'Vyn. We can discuss how best to care for Orin."

Malcolm clasps his hands in front of him, "That's my cue. I'll head over to the Hilton to see what's going down. Good luck K'Vyn. You might need it."

Taking his leave Malcolm rounds a corner of the massive ship. Hearing splashing his curiosity gets the best of him. Easing open a door to the labs he spots something totally unexpected. Inside a large tube of liquid were Elle Franklin and Animahni. Both were naked. Elle in her diamond form for protection underwater. In this body she had no necessity to breath. Lucky for her, their kissing was obviously taking up any spare oxygen. Animahni aka Anemone being a hybrid breathed underwater anyway. Eying them with interest he suddenly spots Elle remove a hand from Animahni's bright red breast long enough to flip Malcolm off. Without so much as a glance. Mal begins whistling and leaves the women to their privacy. Door sealed tight.

A few rooms away the sounds of more water caught his attention. He fidgets about entering but also knew this was where they placed the body of Elder James for preservation. Worried that Sophia might have crawled into the bath with him he felt compelled to save them both. Entering the room instead found Young James Ian and a pair of Scientists. The Ganthorians were increasing certain chemicals in the bath while James observed.

"Everything okay in here?" Malcolm winced.

Within his head James Ian spoke. Not wanting the Ganthorians to overhear, "I'm...We're fine. I don't trust these guys enough yet. Making sure I'm going to be taken care of without any treachery. So far these guys thoughts seem sincere. Of course they know I'm telepathic. Could be hiding their thoughts from me."

"Might be. Somehow I think now that the whole Reflection of God thing has ended they might want to preserve you. Him. I hope my gut is right. For your sake Buddy."

"Thanks. Hey! Cam took off. Told us he was hearing voices in his head. Something or somebody saying Come Home. He wanted us to let you know in case he gets into trouble. You should have seen him use his light powers. So crazy cool. Oh, I gave him the nickname Lightmare. He liked it."

"Lightmare? He start buying into this superhero mumbo jumbo you keep bringing up?"

"Yep. You should too. Come on Malcolm you can grow freaking 30 stories tall. You have runes all over you that can generate other powers. What more can you call it? You're a superhero."

Malcolm rubs his chin laughing, "You just know these Bill Nye Science Guys figured out we're talking in our heads."

"Quit changing the subject. Your new superhero name is Obelisk."

"Obelisk? Does my head look pointy to you?"

"No. Obelisk can also mean large stone pillar. With hieroglyphs on it. In your case runes."

"Obelisk. Not that I'll ever refer to myself as that but sure. That's my superhero moniker."

"YESSSSSSSSSS!" James bursts out loud forcing the Scientists to look at both of them without expression.

Malcolm smirks at the Ganthorians, "Inside joke. You just had to be there." "I just knew you guys would come around. Lightmare, Gemini, and Obelisk. Only the beginning." James speaks aloud.

"Gemini? Elle I take it? Yep. Might as well soak up the sunlight. I'm heading outside. Be seeing you Kid."

"Thanks Obelisk."

"What if I called you Brainiac?"

"Name's taken. Call me Scholar."

"Scholar?" He turns his head to look back. Absorbing the name he puckers, "Works for me. Seeya Scholar."

"That be me. Woohoo!" James danced about before the Ganthorians who merely look to each other not understanding, "The Life Force is on its way to save the day." James Ian Pryce was ecstatic. Looking back at his older self he swore the body smiled. The Scientists decided their work was done and abandoned James to be alone with himself. In silence James draws closer to the glass tube his older self was floating in. Hand upon the glass he fidgets. His thoughts his own. Forehead touches the glass as he seals his eyes. Meditation Harpea had told him. Maybe he needed to take lessons from Sophia. She loved meditating. Sophia. His thoughts broke him out of his moment. Peering at his body he could swear his older self was giving him the middle finger. It had to be the liquid making his limbs move about. Right?

During his contemplation another visitor arrives. This one more unexpected. A hairy hand drops on to the shoulder of James making him jump. Looking over in awe he finds the primitive man, Moe. Offering him a cheesy grin.

"Hey Moe. Ancestor ole Buddy." James fidgets, "Why didn't I hear your thoughts coming up on me?" Moe merely tilts his head, "Looking Moe directly in the eye up close was difficult. Moe's breath was awful, "I can't hear you think at all. Why?"

Moe shrugs not truly understanding him. Then it dawned on James, "Translator collar. Let's go." James snatches Moe by the hand and drags him behind him. As Moe follows he looks back at the Elder James. For some reason Moe flipped him off. How did he know such a modern reaction? Could it be he just mimicked what he had seen?

Searching room after room James finally tracks down a storage area for gadgets. A translator collar donned he looks at Moe who appeared bewildered. James chuckling finds a second collar and carefully applies it around Moe's neck. The young Primitive finding it uncomfortable. Almost as if he were being hurt.

"Calm down. It won't hurt you." James fights with him. Hearing James in his own language or lack there of. The closest possible dialect Moe freezes up and actually relaxes. Reaching his own fingers out to touch the collar surrounding James throat. Making weird apelike noises James is able to decipher Moe's words.

"Mantegra hear you." James repeats in thought smiling, "Wow! We can talk to each other now. Hi Moe. I mean Mantegra. I'm James. Mantegra? That's a mouth full of a name." In response Moe alias Mantegra opens his mouth and puts his fingers in it as if being told to. James chuckles, "Nooo! I was only saying Mantegra is a long name. If not Moe I figured something like UGH or EEK. Limited words after all."

"You dumb." Mantegra smacks James upside the head lightly.

"I am not. I'm Scholar."

"You say James. What Scholar?"

"My code name. It's not my real name it is a made up name. My hero name."

"What hero?"

"All of us. We're all heroes. Even you." James jabs him in the chest. From there it became a jabbing contest. Each reply led to a poke.

"Mantegra hero? Mantegra want name too."

"Awesome. How about Moe?"

"Moe good. Mantegra like Moe."

"Perfect. Moe is Me anyway right?"

"Me? Moe? Me?"

"Yeah. Confusing I know. I could comb your hair and put some make up on you and call you Emo. Same letters and still be Me." James rolls in laughter.

"Scholar dumb." Another slap upside the head makes Moe laugh.

"This is going to take awhile. Soon as I find Xander I'm putting you through school."

"What school?"

"Ummm! You know I never actually set foot in one. I was home schooled until I ended up teaching my adoptive parents. My brain got too big for even them. Then, I made friends with Milo online. He became the closest thing I had to a Teacher. I miss Milo."

"Moe hungry. Moe find food."

"Have I got a treat for you. Follow me."

"Moe follow me."

Leading him outside they entered the crop area. Fruit trees abundant. Locating a banana tree Moe hobbled away with his jaw wide open. Together James and Moe filled their stomachs laughing. Noting Sophia walking toward the X'Orr James had a brilliant idea. Whispering into Moe's ear the primitive man runs on all fours to reach Sophia on the first few steps up the ramp.

"HUBBA! HUBBA!" Moe blurts out not even understanding the words. Sophia turning sideways to look down at an innocent man. A man holding a banana that he was taught to stroke.

"What the heck? You can talk? I mean without James inside manipulating your vocal---" She swiftly looks around spotting Young James Ian on the ground rolling in laughter. Then noting the Translator collar on Moe. In a huff she slips James off. Seeing her actions Moe in turn flips off James. Then, Malcolm in the distance wondering what was going on. Sophia rolls her eyes, "GOD I HATE YOU."

Moe scratching his head shrugs and returns to James. His belly was still growling.

Inside the X'Hal, Ruby and Harpea strolled through the gloom of a less powered craft.

"The X'Hal had almost zero power when we found it. Jack had us remove the solar shades so that the sun could at least amplify our power enough to see by at night. Onboard computers are active but barely. James seems to be able to access it to delve into footage from camera feeds. Examine the catalogue of tech it has in storage."

"Who is Jack?"

"Jack Ramse. Colonel Jack Ramse. I outrank him by a few months and job post. He...had to leave us." Ruby lowers her gaze swallowing dryly.

"You had emotion for this, Jack Ramse?"

"Yeah. He's married to another woman in our future, 2019. Her name is Renee. I mean there really isn't a relationship between he an I. We had intimate moments." She pats her belly, "He has to be the Father of my baby here." In response Ruby's tummy lights up beneath her tank top. The glow shocking Harpea, "Sorry. He likes to sneak up on me." The words on her tummy are simple, "D and A."

"How curious. We must explore these strange reactions." Again Ruby's belly glares out an "H and an I." Ruby sighing, "He says Hello."

Harpea forms a thin smile as she bends over to wave at Ruby's stomach, "Salutations little one." Before her eyes the flesh ignites more letters, "K and Y." Followed by a "M and A". Then lastly "N and I."

"Kym'Ani. How could he know of my cousin?" Harpea stands tall rapidly. Shock taking her breath away.

"He does that. Almost like he reads...minds." Ruby pauses and considers the fact that James is now telepathic. He had always had that potential according to his older self. He had just not developed it. Something the newer forms of his regenerations could access. If older incarnations could she had no idea. Wincing at Harpea she connects dots, "You read minds correct?"

"To a limited degree yes."

"Can you try reading my baby?"

Hesitant the Ganthorian beauty stares at Ruby, then her belly. With a deep breath she kneels before Ruby and reaches up to touch her stomach. Ruby lifting her shirt to expose flesh. A risk for certain should this woman with sharp nails decide to rip her open unexpectedly. Trust must be offered. As cool fingers caress Ruby, Harpea seals her eyes concentrating. Her thoughts unheard by Ruby.

"Hello. How do you know Kym'Ani?"

Silence merely a heartbeat. Two heartbeats. Harpea overlooks it knowing Ruby's own beating heart could also be entwined with the baby's. Lingering she asks the same question over and over. Finally she prepares to give up when words stream into her.

"Hello Cousin."

Trembling Harpea's eyes burst wide and she falls backwards on to her ass. Peering up at Ruby in terror.

"What did you hear? Did he say anything?"

Harpea haunted climbs back on to her knees and positions herself for another attempt. No vocalized words spoken toward Ruby. The Colonel biting her lower lip out of her need to know what was going on.

"Cousin? How can you be my cousin? My cousin is an adult. You are a baby."

"Silly. I haven't been born yet."

"How is this possible? You are Ganthorian. This woman who carries you is human. Impossible."

"Not really." Comes a male voice of tender youth, "My sister does not lie."

"What? Who is this?"

"I'm Noble. My Daddy named me."

"There are two babies within this woman?"

"Yes." Both male and female voices unite to share in the truth. No wonder there were two heartbeats. Further exploration discovers a stronger heartbeat. That of Ruby Goddard herself. Her mind blown Harpea continues until her nose begins bleeding once more. Still she kept establishing contact.

"Tell me how it is possible that Kym'Ani could be born to a human and grow to look Ganthorian? This must be some trick."

"No trick Cousin. The truth will come. I cannot explain. It is forbidden."

"We search for you as an adult. How can you be an infant? A fetus with thought."

"My sister needs a nap now. I love you Aunt Harpea."

"Aunt Harpea?" The Ganthorian rises in tears, blood coating her lower lip. Ruby instinctively catches Harpea off guard by removing her Tank to use as a hanky. Wiping Harpea's chin and nose as if concerned. The assist made Harpea shiver looking at Ruby closely. She was uncertain how to tell her what she knew. Until a voice intervened.

"Mom? I have a sister." Minds read.

Both women turn to see Young James Ian and Moe standing in the doorway. Total awe on his face. Moe not understanding at all. Startled by the revelation Ruby faces Harpea for confirmation. The Ganthorian nodding as if ready for a nervous breakdown. Ruby was ready to join her.

"Two babies? WHAT THE FUCK?"

Back on the X'Orr, Sophia Ridge took the risk of damaging the floors. She was a rebel after all. Heading straight for the tank Elder James drifted in. Nobody was around this time. Sneaking in was her only option of alone time. She needed to get things off her chest. A very large chest at that. Her reflection in his tank informed her quite well.

"Hey Sleepyhead. I know you couldn't help what happened to you. Crazy I know but I hate to see your younger version grow up. Losing you all over again would kill me. As if my little Tyrants would let me die. Right?" She frowns wanting to touch the glass but knowing the damage it might cause, "I miss you Asshole. What were you thinking teaching Moe to jerk off a banana? Oh, wait that was...dammit I'm so confused. It's you either way. How can I even look at your younger self? I'm repulsed and turned on at the same time. If I touch him he could get seriously hurt. Then, there is his age. 16 or not I'm not going there. Why can't you just wake up and crawl out of that tank and hold me?"

She whines stomping a foot that hisses upon harder contact with the floor, "No don't do that. Then, I'd hurt you all over again. This sucks James. I want to make love to you again. I know I can't. Ever again." Pouting she crouches in tears that sizzle upon her cheek. Looking up at James she sits back staring, "I know you told me not to but I'm going to play with myself in front of you."

"No you will not." She hears a familiar voice.

"Mom? Way to cock block." Eyes roll.

"Sweetheart you know you can't do that. I understand how badly you miss him. Weirdly. I miss being alive even though I kind of am. Come. Walk with me. Please. Let's get your mind off him. For awhile at least."

"Fine. I'll be back James." She blows a kiss tempted to tap the glass until Madigan clears her throat, "Oh yeah. My bad." The two women left James to drift. Drifting far beyond their knowledge. Very far indeed.

2130 BC, give or take.

The mountainous terrain of what will one day be known as Sumer. Iraq in modern day. Blue skies above find soaring eagles scavenging for food. Along a raging river of whitewater rapids a lone man runs for his life. Battered and bruised. Blood loss evident through open wounds. Still this man of stature and might would not fall. Sword in one hand, shield in another. A barbarian seeking retreat. A war behind him yet with dogs on his heels. A man hunted. A man bordering his 33rd. birthday. A man known as Nanoc.

Pausing to gain his bearings in the lush wilderness Nanoc feels strange. Almost as if his body were floating. Something in the air seemed fresh. His breathing calmer after hours of evading strange creatures. His thoughts clearer than ever before. Wincing the warrior halts.

"Who are you that claims control over my body?"

"Sorry. I know this seems crazy but I'm you. From the far future. Well, the distant past as well. I'm trying to get back to the future. One ancestor at a time. Today is your lucky day. Where exactly are we?" A voice within confesses.

"Sumer. The Anunnaki come for me. Special they say I am. I am only a man."

"Hate to break it to you but you're more than a man. You and I are kind of Immortal. Well, in the fact that when we die another is born the very same instant. Our soul transferring bodies. We just keep on going up the ladder. What's your name? I'm James Ian."

"Nanoc. Welcome James Ian." Language no true barrier under the circumstances.

"Thanks. Ummm! Wow! Conan spelled backwards. What are the odds? That is a C at the end of your name not a K right? Anyways it doesn't matter. I need you to leave a message for my friends. How are you at Cave art? Wait. I have a better idea. This is Sumer right? Babylonia? Somewhere in that area anyway. Cuneiform tablets. Come on Nanoc lets teach you how to write." Nanoc had no choice. He was rather possessed. All he could do was go along for the ride. Voices in his head he barely understood. If not for being the same soul shared such fluid mental contact would not be achievable. Nanoc however might never remember things once James took flight.

Bodily function resumes as James and Nanoc find a cave to hide in. Tall creatures of Men in animal head dress race past the cloaked entrance. They would not find their man this day. Being a telepath even in soul had its advantages. Thank Ben Kenobi for the idea. All it took was to activate the delicate brain centers within Nanoc. A temporary solution as needed. Those creatures that haunted his tracks lost sight and scent of him. Giving up and vanishing into the mountains.

Once evaded Elder James guides Nanoc from his hiding place. His travels leading him into a stone hill. It was here that one man carved from rock important tablets. A message meant to reach somebody important. Left hidden away for Archaeologists to discover. Between the Tigress and the Euphrates rivers. Near Eden itself if truly known. An Eden long gone. A Gaea misplaced.

James Ian Pryce marveled at his work. Nanoc was a year older now. It was time for James to move on. Nanoc discovered on his 33rd birthday by the Anannaki. They would learn nothing. A newborn baby cries its first breath a 1000 miles away. The bloodline continues. James Ian would at least see the new Mother's face. She was beautiful. Fiery red hair. Over her shoulder something unexpected.

"A Ganthorian?"

His jump left him with questions. Questions for another incarnation. Time and time again.

Return to the X'Orr

Within the room of Orin Ridge a gravity bed shuts down on its own. A tiny hand appears on the beds horizon. Followed by the crest of a thinly covered scalp. Eyes emerge and stare innocently about. Hands pat the edge of his makeshift crib. Followed by a infantile laugh.