Far Pangaea 87 : Phantom Limb

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Elle Franklin blocks both Cameron's from rushing the poor girl. Her staff held their chests from advancing.

"Got that right." Elle took charge, "Good to see you Sabbath. When did you get a dog?" Bogart growls at her then stands up on his hind legs proving he was more than a four legged critter. Arms folding over his hairy chest he eyes her smugly.

"His name is Bogart Ross. Bogart? This is Elle. The two...men are Cameron Scott."

"Oooooo! I smell testosterone." Bogg snarls, "I got your back Moonshine."

The true Cameron Scott alias Lightmare holds his hands up, "You're right Sabbath. I'm sorry. It really is great to see you. Even under these circumstances. What happened outside. It felt like an earthquake."

"Osiris has not told you of Atum?"

"He has." Elle lowers her staff away from the boys, "At first we thought Osiris was trouble. The more we talk the more we learn. We're all still alive. Even if we share the souls of his kids. I still feel like Eleanor F. The Cam's...well they're still idiots. Our boy Mav'Ryk over there is still all wordy when he speaks."

Mav'Ryk leaves the shadows. Of them all he had endured the greatest change. His legs were now fused together and his lower body more serpentine. Uncoiled he slithers toward them and rises up to tower above them with a glare of friendship.

"He didn't look all snakelike until joining with Set." Elle sighs, "Still a descent man. Looks like we're getting closer to Osiris' family reunion. How many more do we have left Osiris?"

"MY DAUGHTER BASTIA IS ON THE OUTSIDE ALREADY.HER LIVES ARE MANY. HER SOUL STRONG. WHILE I AM CROSS WITH HER FOR ABANDONING HER FAMILY WE WILL REUNITE SOON ENOUGH. THIS LEAVES ONLY MY WIFE NUT."

"Nut?" Bogart snickers then changes his tune so as not to offend. Both Cameron's wanted to join him in chuckling but already knew better.

"Nut? I do not recall Nut being the wife of Osiris. I remember reading a book My Father had in his Library about Egyptian Mythology." Sabbath tries to recall events, "Goddess of the sky. Nut is a daughter of Shu and Tefnut. Her brother and husband is Geb. She had four or five children, Osiris, Set, Isis, Nephthys, and—in early Egyptian sources Horus."

"AS I ENLIGHTENED. MANKIND TELLS ONLY HALF TRUTHES. HISTORY IS NOT ALL AS IS WRITTEN CHILD. THERE IS NO NEPHTHYS IN OUR LINE. NUT IS MY WIFE NOT MY MOTHER. SHE IS ONLY A GODDESS OF THE SKY DUE TO WE COMING FROM THE STARS. NUT IS THE MOTHER OF YOU ALL. MY BLESSED CHILDREN. HER LOVE IS FOR NATURE. THE PLANTS THAT CREATE LIFE. THE SEED THAT CONCEIVES US ALL."

"So, we wait for whoever will become the host of Nut?" Bogart whimpers.

"CORRECT ANUBIS."

"Who do we know that fits...?" Cameron the Angel scratches his head even as his eyes flare. Lightmare joining him with a gaze of..."Oh shit."

All save for Mav'Ryk and Bogart offer up the answer, "RUBY!"

Back at the Ganthorian Hilton alias the X'Hal. Well, next door at the Ganthorian Regent that is. Close enough.

"How are you feeling Soldier?" Colonel Ruby Goddard caresses the cheek of the anorexic looking Malcolm Brand. He looked dead but clung to life with very weak breaths.

"Reporting for duty Colonel."

She smiles, "That's a good Soldier. Stay with us until we can figure this out. I need you Sargent."

"Trying Colonel. Maddy went to get another apple."

"So I hear. Let's hope whatever you boys ran into down there doesn't keep her from it. We should have checked that situation out further instead of ignoring it. Whatever is in there might be friendly."

"Hope so. It scared the shit out of us."

"Early on everything on this ship scared us." She steps aside slightly to allow a Ganthorian Scientist to examine Malcolm. With only a glare the Doctor lets her know it was hardly good news. Trying to be reassuring Ruby turns to see Harpea entering with Animahni. Having found the girl in Elle's quarters.

"Animahni? Fill me in please." Ruby held Malcolm's hand to comfort him, "I heard the basics. Mal losing his body to a God named Atum. Where are Elle and Cam? Mav'Ryk."

"Elle and the Ganthorian entered the pyramid. She signaled us to break them out. Mal grew big and tore the pyramid up. In doing so he damaged a ship held within the stone."

"Ruptured the ship. Gas got out. It was Atum." Mal groans wanting to contribute. Animahni frets further, "Everyone is still inside that ship. How do we save them?"

"Step at a time." Ruby huffs her cheeks, "Let's get Malcolm here stabilized. Suggestions on rescuing Elle and Cam, Harpea?"

"Osirian starships are impregnable. Only those allowed entry can achieve such."

"How big of a threat are Osirians?"

"Their civilization is built on Power. Osiris their chosen leader until his people revolted against him. A peaceful civilization in your future. Once Osiris was ousted Power relegated to its own world. Their science borders on the mysticism. Dealing with the soul. The true giver of life itself."

"Souls. Why does it seem everything we deal with in Pangaea has to do with souls?" Ruby ponders.

"Without a soul the shell has no purpose."

"Do I have a soul?" Animahni considers. Being a cloned hybrid.

"You do not." Harpea acknowledges without remorse.

"Sweetheart?" Ruby jumps in quickly to secure the Hybrid beauty from despair, "Even if you don't you're still one of us. You have more heart than most. To me that is soul enough." Her other hand reaches out to Animahni's. Claiming it delicately so as not to paralyze Ruby the girl faintly smiles. She needed to feel acceptance. Looking from the girl Ruby eyes Harpea, "Keep Mal comfortable. I'm going down to the indoor garden. If Madigan needs any help I want to be there."

"I will do my best Colonel Goddard."

Telling Animahni to stay with them Ruby sets out on her journey from the X'Orr to the X'Hal.

Aboard the X'Orr as well Sophia Ridge had given up looking for her Mother in favor of her own selfish reasons. Ignoring any objections given to her by Harpea when she had proven able to miraculously control her new Tyrant Tears by escorting them to her ankles leaving her bare feet free of their acidic hunger. Each step no longer left branded prints. Their were enough of those already. Literally everywhere.

Since her moment with Elder James Ian inhabiting the Magician Merlin in Avalon she felt her emotions swell toward him. She needed to see the actual body of James again. If nothing more than to let him know her thoughts. Reaching the lab his body had been left in she enters skipping like a jubilant school girl. Her hefty breasts bobbing about without anything to stop their dance. Once inside she looks toward the bathing tube his body had been left in to prevent decay.

"James?" She stops cold and bulges her eyes, "Did the Ganthorians move your body?"

Gazing about she notes two Scientists bewildered just as much yet pointing out of their massive lab back into the hall. Hesitantly, she looks back and begins her search, "That was weird." Her trek leading toward the living quarters of her Great, Great Grandfather Orin Ridge. Stopping short of his door Sophia pauses. Inside was her Orin himself trapped inside his devolved body. Now a baby defenseless and innocent of his adult crimes. Still, her bitterness for what he did in killing James Ian on his 33rd. birthday was unforgivable. Even if James had warned her he would die regardless. All reflections died at age 33 unless somehow killed prior to that date. Another Reflection already preordained and set in motion the second one passed. There would never be a shortage of eyes. A Reflection's duty to monitor life on all worlds for the Creator himself. An emissary of God if you will.

With her breath held she opens the door to the room and discovers the infants appointed Guardian the Ganthorian K'Vyn. The tall Ganthorian stood over the gravity crib and watched the toddler sleeping. Upon entry he didn't even react. Was he himself slumbering while standing up? Hearing a shower running Sophia didn't give it another thought. Distracted by the curiosity of who had decided that Orin's shower was available to them. Nosy as ever she creeps toward the steamy room that had the door left open. Whoever it was, was modest. Peeking inside her eyes pierce the steam as if it were not even there. The silhouette was unmistakable.

"James Ian?"

Hearing her voice behind him the man within the stall faltered a bit. Reacting only with a tilting of his head from side to side. Her jaw dropping she barges right in and calls her Tyrants to her wrist to prevent eating the shower door. Or, worse damaging the body of James. Sliding it open their eyes meet.

"Oh, my God. James? You're back."

With hesitance he shies away hugging the shower wall. Acting with terror in his eyes he feigns not recognizing her.

"Please don't hurt me." He cowers a bit knowing full well how her Tyrants could kill him instantly should she so much as caress him. Hearing this Sophia wanted to cry. Here was her Lover who somehow had returned to her. She wanted to leap into his arms and smother him in kisses. Or more. She herself knew that would be bad judgment. Easing back so as not to touch the water she opts for communication.

"I didn't expect to ever see you again James."

"I...do I know you?"

Haunted by his expression she wanted to cry. The Tyrants of course would not let her, "You don't know me?"

"Should I?"

" Yes. You should. We just spoke in Avalon. You had transferred your spirit or however it is you're doing it in Merlin. You showed me how to control the Tyrant Tears so that I could touch you." She again lets him witness the command for the Tyrants to move from her wrist to her forearm. The glossiness of their location changing her flesh back to normal. His eyes study the movement with interest yet with fear in his eyes none the less. Orin Ridge did not want to tip his hand. He knew she would not harm this body but if she knew of his transference she might warn the others. He would maintain amnesia. His mental commands over much of the Ganthorians assisted in his performance. Each ordered to merely tell anyone who asked that he came back to life. With no explanation needed they went about other duties. Leaving him with K'Vyn to babysit two children now.

"I-I needed to clean myself. The Lizards told me to. I smelled of chemical. Whatever that is. I did stink."

"That's fine. You look so sexy James. Even if you don't know who you are at the moment." Her eyes could not help themselves searching his body with interest. She was a lustful wench after all. In her lingering gaze and nibbled lower lip Orin Ridge could not help himself. Inhabiting every cell of James Ian even under reanimation led to bodily function. An erection uncontrolled. A massive erection at that. He knew he was in trouble. Turning away acting as if embarrassed he continues his shower.

"That answers that. You're definitely in there somewhere Handsome. Finish your shower. I'll wait out here with Grampa."

"O-okay!" He shivers. As the door closes Orin abuses James face with a devious grin, "She has no idea. Off to a good start Boy." He lowers his head to let water cascade over his neck. Eying the beast between his legs he contemplates, "Haven't had one of these in years. Might have to violate you Son. Not like you will ever need this body again. If I can fool her I can fool everyone. I just need to keep up the innocent mindless attitude. My enhanced Telepathy due to the boys brain showing me how I can persuade anyone who starts guessing to change their tone. Let's enjoy this hot water and deal with my Granddaughter...afterwards."

Outside the private bath Sophia smiles with happiness. Arms swaying nervously from side to side. Her Tyrants allowed to roam for now upon her body. Not even they had any suspicion of Orin's deeds. In her boredom she looks over the gravity crib to witness the baby awake. In seeing her the baby bulges his eyes and moves his arms and hands in a strange manner. Strange indeed.

"My aren't you lively today. I bet he's a handful isn't he?" The body of K'Vyn above merely nods without a word. Almost like a puppet on a string. He was. His mind trapped inside the baby replacing Orin now that he had procured the body of James. Within the baby K'Vyn was trying to use Ganthorian sign language. Sophia was naïve. Nor did she wear a translator collar. Her tiny friends would only eat it for brunch anyway. Mentally retracting her Tyrants again she reaches in and shockingly tickles the baby's tummy.

K'Vyn feeling the sensation could only giggle. So not Ganthorian like. In her reacting to the baby Sophia surprises herself, "Okay Gramps. You really are a cute baby. Even if you do grow up to be an asshole. Who knows maybe you can change as you get older."

Change? That was it. K'Vyn as the baby tries to mobilize his infantile body functions enough to dig inside his diaper. Sophia narrows her eyes at his deed. Smelling the baby crap his diaper she waves her hand over her nose. Pointing at it she looks up at the true K'Vyn. The alien teetering in step without reaction. As if his body wanted to move but couldn't. She found it really strange. Just as she stands erect the baby pulls his tiny hand out covered in disgusting looking soils. Before her intrigued eyes the baby rolls over and begins using his shit to write on the wall of the crib. Amused she chuckles at it. He spelled the word O-R-I-N then points toward the shower.

"Awww! Learning to spell your name already. So cute. Disgusting but cute." Sophia Ridge was just that stupid. Defeated by the loud grunts of James Ian in the shower K'Vyn gave up. Sophia hearing James knew exactly what had happened, "HEY! Jerking that thing off is my job. Next time let me do that." She busted up laughing. In her giddiness she decides to give him room, "James? Yes that is your name. I'm going to leave you for a minute. I need to go find my Mom. Malcolm is in trouble and we need to save him."

Exhausted by his frictions release Orin relaxes under the water and merely replies, "Okay."

At the door she does not see the baby standing in the crib. A diaper is flung at her as the door shuts. His plan failing him. Plopping down the baby begins to cry. Moments later Orin steps out wearing a towel. He looks at the diaper on the floor and then the word ORIN scrawled on the side of the cribs interior.

"Try that again and I'll transfer your thoughts into a goldfish and fry you for supper. Gotta be one of those somewhere in this place. Clean this up then return to the baby." The adult K'Vyn reanimates and considers running. His body could not obey itself. Cleaning the shit up and the baby he sat down in a chair. His mind leaping back into the freshened up infant.

Orin Ridge looked over his old clothing. Nothing here would fit the larger frame of James Ian. He would need to find clothing. For now he chose to lay back on a sofa in the corner. One of the few Earthly luxuries he had brought with him through time. His thoughts reaching out to understand what everyone around him was doing.

"Eeny Meeny Minny--Moe."

Next door on the X'Hal, Ruby had made the trek down to the sealed doors to the interior garden. The False landscape designed to grow food among other plant life. Finding her in the hallway she was joined by the primitive man Moe. A Reflection himself from a later moment in time. The Pliocene period to be precise. His curiosity always finding interest in the movements of others. Even after his dimensional journey in Avalon the young man would never refuse his growing intellect.

Peering through a thick glass in the door Ruby Goddard flickered her flashlight about. Moe seeing the light offered a verbal delight in its movement. Almost like a cat trying to capture a penlight on the floor. Ruby had no time for nonsense.

"Calm down Moe. I don't have time for this. Go see what James is doing."

"He dumb." Moe gutturally replies to her shock.

"He is not dumb." Her belly glows brightly, "I then S". In response Ruby rolls her eyes, "Not helping kids." Moe as with the flashlight reaches out and touches her tummy where the letters had lit up. Swatting his hairy palm she points at him, "GO NOW! SHOO!"

Reluctantly Moe pouted and ran away on all fours. Orin Ridge would not see what was going on through the primitives eyes. However, he did find Ruby's thoughts quite interesting. Learning of her kids was going to add fuel to his future plans.

Rapping on the door with her fist Ruby calls out, "You in there Madigan?"

A ghostly face appears in the window. Slipping her entire head from the sealed door Madigan replies, "Yes. I'm searching for another apple. We might be in trouble. There isn't much fruit available. Let me keep looking."

"Be careful. We still don't know what is living in there."

"It cannot touch me in my ethereal form. I should be safe."

"Until you have to go tangible enough to pick the fruit and carry it out of there."

"Good point." Maddy scowls, "One thing at a time. we have to hurry. I cannot lose Malcolm."

"Go. I'll be right here if you need me. Gotta be some weed killer around here somewhere. Just in case." She was talking to herself.

Within the indoor Eden darkness ruled. Luckily Madigan could glow. Lighting up enough to see what was needed. In her ghostlike form she didn't touch the sticky floor. The strange substance that helped the roots take life and feed it. The science of this technology was beyond her.

"Where are you apple?" She whispers.

Suddenly, she hears a soft spoken voice, "It is not the time of season for Idunn's apples." The shock makes Maddy pause.

"Who...who are you? Show yourself."

The branches come to life and wave at her, "I am here. Do not be afraid. I do not fear you."

"That's good. I mean you no harm. I am only trying to save my friend Malcolm. He ate one of those apples. Now it has been taken from him. He's dying."

"He should not have eaten the apple. Dependence upon it will eventually kill him regardless."

"You sound like a child."

"I am. I was given the name Briar. Who are you?"

"Madigan. Hello Briar."

"I remember your friends coming here before. I was afraid at the time. I knew only Ganthorians before. They were the first humans I had come into contact with."

"We are all friends here Briar. I am happy to make your acquaintance."

"As am I Madigan. I wish to be free of this place. To feel the true soil beneath my roots. Can you take me from this horrible prison?"

"Maybe. I'll consult with the Ganthorians about it once I save Malcolm. If that is even possible."

"I can help."

"Can you?" Maddy brightens up.

"Yes. I can grow the apples."

"Please do. I will forever be in your debt. Malcolm is very important to me."

"I sense affection for this human. It feels wonderful. I have never known such emotions."

"It is only concern. I care for him deeply. Yet, I am married to another man. In another time. I have given up on the idea of ever seeing him again. My husband."

"Your emotion is stronger than mere concern. What do you call it?"

"You're really going to make me say it when I haven't even told him how I feel?"

"Yes."

"Fine. I love Malcolm Brand. Can we grow the apples now?"

"A moment longer Madigan. It is in the process."

"Thank you Briar."

"I would demand an offering in return. As Idunn would request."

"What?"

"A sacrifice."

"Sacrifice? Like what? An animal?"

"No. A human sacrifice."

"I...refuse to commit murder. I thought you were friendly Briar. That is not how things are these days. Where do you come from?"

"Out there. The stars. My seed stems from another extension of the World Tree. As roots are taken here from another extension."

"I thought Gaea was the World Tree. Yggdrasil I think it was called in Nordic."

"Gaea is of the tree as well. Sisters from other worlds we are. I would like to meet my sister."