Fashion is Our Name Pt. 11

Story Info
The trip takes a new direction.
7.8k words
4.76
6.9k
4
0

Part 11 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/12/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Fashion is Our Name - Part 11 - The Trip Takes a New Direction

The next morning, Sunday, there was a text on my mobile from Tom.

"Do not book tickets, call in the morning."

I asked the women, "What do we make of this?"

Anne gave me an open eyed look and asked, "Do you suppose, as they say, 'the plot thickens?' "

I looked up from my breakfast and said, "I fear that an expedition to promote dresses is becoming overtaken by events."

I helped the twins down and arranged them in the parlor with piles of toys. "Your mom and nanny have to make an important phone call. Can you play by yourselves for a little while?"

William looked up and said in an incredibly grown up voice, "Yes, Adrian, we will be fine."

Back at the kitchen table, the three of us clustered around the phone as I dialed Tom Carruthers.

"Hello Adrian, thanks for returning my call so promptly."

"Tom, Anne, Helen and I are here wondering what will be left of our fashion clothing trip after you and your friends get done with us?"

"Perhaps we could discuss that more privately? I have a request for a meeting at their location."

"Would you like our models to come? Is there a possibility of upgrading wardrobes?"

My hair was being pulled from both sides. Anne spoke up, "Tom, please ignore my young man with the rude manners. I am sure your friends are well dressed!"

"Actually, Anne, they look terrible. The worst drab outfits you've seen. I think I need to ensure FION has an opportunity to expose them to your attractive offerings!"

Anne and Helen were beating on me as I said. "I suppose the friends think sooner is better than later?"

"Would you consider first thing in the morning? I will send a car at six. If you don't mind, it would be better if you were at Broad Street."

"It is a terrible imposition for me to find a warm body to soothe my sleep at the building, but the fashion models here will no doubt fix me up."

"Adrian, your friends clearly outdo my friends. I will see you in the morning."

All five of us went for a Sunday stroll to Hyde Park. William and James had regular sneakers now, and did their best to hasten our pace. "Adrian, please make Mom and Nanny go faster!"

I spoke up, "Mom and Nanny, please go faster!"

As soon as we got to the park, three year old energies were allowed to take excursions far from the path. Anne had my long hair. "Nice of you to get us all out in the park. Let's find a bench and sit."

They squeezed me between them, with lots of poking, yanking and so on. They knew it was grownup nervous energy and so did I. It seemed that if we wanted to get to the bottom of the Philip mystery, we had to play along with whatever scheme HMG had cooked up.

I asked, "Do you suppose I will hear any truthful statements tomorrow?"

Helen said, "You remember you told me about needing a poker face now and then? I think tomorrow is one of those times." She kissed the back of my hand and bent fingers back and forth in a slow rhythm.

"Adrian, the spooks like to talk about 'surprise free' scenarios." Anne was smiling at me. "I think at the right moment, you should tell them the safety of your women demands a surprise free scenario."

"And this will set them back because they themselves don't have such a thing?"

Grasping their hands, I rose and walked along the path to catch up with the twins. She responded, "It will divert them into thinking about scenarios and they may let slip a few useful tidbits." Her lips kissed my cheek. "Do not worry. They can't afford to have us kidnapped. Or worse. Think of the uproar."

I smiled and tightened my arm around her shoulder. "Seriously, we will have to think hard about how this trip is characterized. And whether your title is included or not."

Helen nudged me, "It is such a nice day, let's not get wound up about a silly meeting. MI5 is up to something that involves us, and soon enough we will know what it is."

William came racing up, "Adrian, we are at the Serpentine. Come and look for fish with us."

Water play took almost an hour. Energy levels were visibly dropping, so I said, "Boys, let's hike the rest of the way to Bayswater and I'll bet a taxi there will take us home."

Back at the flat, small sandwiches were barely devoured before small bodies were falling into bed for a nap.

Big bodies gathered on Anne's bed, and teased each other about why a simple walk required a nap to recover from.

"Is one of us going with you to the flat?"

I knelt between their legs, working out tight muscles from two days of walking about. Sleepy agreeable noises kept me working.

"I think not. This is going to be some kind of test. Even with Tom's recommendation, they don't believe someone with no university can deal with a high level government matter."

Helen whispered, "What we think doesn't count, does it?"

Anne used her voice of experience, "You are right to spend the evening by yourself. Think about it as a rugby game against a crafty opponent. One that has taken you down before. This time, you are determined to win!"

Chapter 28 - A Very Private Meeting

I was on the curb at 6 am and the government limo was prompt. Opening the rear door, I was surprised to see Sharon and Jeremy pointing to the space between them. "Good morning, Adrian, have a seat."

Jeremy got an enthusiastic handshake. I turned to Sharon and she gave me her cheek, but I dodged left and caught her lips, just for an instant.

Wrapping her hands in my hair, she whispered loudly, "You are as bold as I have heard. This is a business meeting, not a date!"

Jeremy laughed loudly. "Adrian, it is all a front. Just wait until you discover more of what is planned!"

Sharon looked injured and hissed, "Not in the car." All three of us were dressed entirely in black, which helped my anxious state of mind. Perhaps these two could help me survive the coming meeting.

I smiled and said, "This is very agreeable. Thank you for accepting my invitation to discuss the legal forms required for Inland's work on the building. I think the Americans call it a power breakfast?"

Sharon went back to pulling my hair. "Jeremy, this one is surely trouble."

I squeezed her thigh and asked, "Jeremy, how do we resist the charms of this incredible agent?"

He laughed, "I am happily married, Adrian, I am afraid you will have to do the honors."

She sniffed, "He already has too many girlfriends. How do I compete?"

Our papers got us past a blast barrier and down a narrow passage into an underground garage. A woman was waiting at the elevator with badges and passes. "Good morning, follow me please."

The route was circuitous and I didn't attempt to keep track of where we were going. The guide ushered us into an anteroom, and then into a spacious conference room, where six or eight bodies were already seated being served coffee and small pastries.

Halfway down on the far side sat Tom Carruthers, with Sing and Anne on either side. I froze for an instant as the shock of seeing Anne went through me. None of the three of them met my gaze. I was quickly approached by a man who introduced himself as Archibald Singleton. Further introductions were quickly made and a seat pulled for me. Tom stood and reached across the table, "Good Morning, Adrian, I think you know several of the people here, although possibly not in their official capacities. The others are representing offices of the Service with an interest in the current project, whose name is Black Knight. There is an Official Secrets form in front of you which requires a signature before we begin. I assume you are willing to sign it?"

Trying to quiet my nerves, I took a moment to scan the sheet. After thanking me for my prospective service to the Crown, it enumerated a considerable list of do's and don'ts and penalties. Impressive.

I signed and dated it and looked up smiling. "Fenced in properly, aren't I? I surely hope one objective of Black Knight is to bring us into contact with Philip?"

The man at the head of the table, who had been introduced as Reginald Crowley, responded, "Indeed, that is an objective. Perhaps, for the purposes of today, my assistant, Sharon Toomey, should summarize the situation."

It took about fifteen minutes. I sat there, attempting to keep my temper and act professional as she recited much of the scenario Anne and I had covered two nights ago. My emotions were churning as I realized the Duchess had done a superb job of dissembling to her teenage lover. Before long, my memories of Philip's behavior kicked in and cooled me down. Intelligence work was full of secrets. Even between lovers, though I hated to admit it. Finally, I was able to find a small smile and looked across the table to find Anne looking at me, eyes wide. I slightly nodded, hoping she understood the signal that there would be a reckoning between us. A secret reckoning, because I had just signed my life away.

My attention shifted back to Crowley, who was thanking Sharon for her summary.

He looked at me. "I'll be candid with you, Adrian. Given your age, personal situation, and planned itinerary in Eastern Europe, we are not sharing all we know. We are asking you and your women friends to buy a pig in a poke, as it were. To that end, I would like Jeremy to describe our preferred approach to your forthcoming trip."

Kept in the dark. For my own good, I surmised. Their thinking was that my chances of staying alive through a kidnapping were increased by not knowing much. Given the nastiness of rivalries in the Balkans, I wondered about that.

Jeremy began, "The main objective is to position our resources where they may be needed, without unduly hazarding the group's safety. Although we know you planned to travel by rail, we believe a safer approach is by lorry. Two lorries, in fact, suitably decked out for clothing and people transport and bearing the appropriate signage. We have developed a team lineup which pairs the four FION personnel with four MI5 personnel, so that we have the ability to shift teams as circumstances may require. At the moment, the pairings are: Jeremy with Adrian, Sharon with Helen, Sing with Nicole, and Amelia with Anne."

It took me a few moments to absorb this, but I noticed that Anne seemed to be in tune with the arrangement. Perhaps she had helped to devise it.

Tom broke in, "Adrian, I am very sorry, but we are going to have to excuse you for the discussion of highly classified intelligence."

As I rose to leave, Crowley said, "Mr. Compton, I realize you are in an awkward and uncomfortable position. My associates and I will do our best to improve the information flow to you in coming days. There will be more briefings, and they will include the entire party when you get close to departure. But I need to remind you that any discussion of Black Knight, including its name, is strictly forbidden outside these walls, even with people in the room whom you know."

I was escorted to a car at the building entrance that drove me directly to the Broad Street building, where I found Vicky, Molly and Nicole hard at work.

"Adrian! It is good to see you."

It was still breakfast time, so I said, "I've been for a briefing, why don't we see if late breakfast is available at Tiger's Inn?"

Walking down the street, they could see my distress and were quiet. Breakfast with a pint helped a small bit. They chewed on toast, sipped black coffee and waited patiently.

I reached out for their hands. "All of you have been very kind to me, and jollied me about growing up. Well, the growing up is happening faster than I ever imagined. At this morning's meeting, I signed a piece of paper strictly forbidding me to talk about what was said. But there are things I can talk about, which is why we are here. Please do not repeat any of it without checking with me first."

After several more bites of food, and two swallows of lager, I continued.

"At the part of the meeting I attended, there was no talk of Philip. But it is safe to assume that he is alive and that with luck we may meet him while on our trip. Beyond that is all guesswork.

"The trip has expanded to include an effort conceived by the intelligence people which will assist the government with an important project. There are some associated risks, and as a result, the group that travels will include additional personnel beyond our FION people.

"That is all I know at the moment. There are two weeks to departure and we are promised more briefings before we leave."

I folded my hands and shook my head as if to clear it of a lot of nonsense.

Vicky's voice was quiet but sharp. "Adrian, this isn't fair. You've had no preparation for becoming an agent of the Crown. We should forget the whole European idea. It is not essential to our business plans."

Nicole had my hand, "He took himself away. Said he might not return. He would not want a life or death situation for us. Let the Government do what it will."

I almost had a smile on my face when Molly tapped my arm. "See here. You are essential to getting our new facility up and running. I forbid you to drive around in dangerous places being shot at!"

We walked back to work, my mood considerably improved. I wondered what Anne's reaction to the idea of dumping the Europe trip would be. Perhaps she would be available for lunch. We could order in at the building.

Clarissa intercepted me on my way up the stairs and said there were issues on the ground floor to be resolved. She led me to a dark corner and pressed my body to the wall. "There is a question of fit. I am worried about two parts fitting together..."

The kiss was as incendiary as those in bed in Kingham. "Madam, it is working hours. This is most inappropriate."

"I might lose my mind if all I get is random sex with you."

My knuckles were rubbing on the front of her working trousers at the junction of her legs. "Some girls like random sex. The thrill of never knowing when they will be taken. The brutality of being bound and ravished."

"Oh god, Adrian, stop that. I'm dying with wanting."

I plunged my hand down her front and massaged the plump breast I found. "I will do my best to put us in the same bed tonight. What about here?"

"I love you dearly. I am not going to beg. Pick a bed and I will be there!"

I feinted my fists at her and inquired, "How are the first floor issues coming?"

"Very well. Jeremy is a genius. But you wouldn't believe the level of detail and code requirements. We are hoping for the structural and utility permits within another week."

"I suppose having both floors in mixed uses means a 100% sprinkler system?"

"Yes, we are hoping to bring it in for fifty thousand pounds."

I groaned and pulled her tight to my chest so we both could see across the vast open space. Her fingers were at her blouse and a hand guided mine inside. "This is such a fine challenge, and such fun to work with you."

I whispered, "I'm sorry the sex is such a disappointment."

Her elbow was sharp and hard in my stomach. "Yes. Terrible. Along with all the money I am spending."

She walked off toward her work area and I found a quiet corner to call Anne.

Chapter 29 - Dealing with Meeting Fallout

Helen answered, her voice full of worry. "You'd better come over. She is locked in her room and can't seem to stop crying. I asked if I should call you and she shouted "No!" at me.

"Sounds serious. I will be right there. Do not tell her I am coming."

In the taxi, whose driver I had asked to hurry, I thought about how to handle my unhappy lover. Something about her subterfuge must be unraveling. The smart, strong willed woman had lost her way, including with a young guy who was almost a daddy to her boys, and a fine lover to herself. Probably caught between what she wanted to do, and what her father and her minders at MI5 wanted.

I smiled to myself. If I was a woman in that situation, wouldn't I turn to crying?

I let myself in quietly and found Helen in the kitchen with the boys. "Adrian, Mommy is not feeling well. Can you fix her?"

"I'll do my best. Do you suppose a little walk with Nanny would be ok? We can have a game of Monopoly when you get back.

I gestured Helen to a corner. "Is there a passkey to the door?"

She nodded, and found it in a drawer. Her voice was low, "Please don't hurt her."

My arm around her shoulder was tight and the words at her ear were, "Never."

I waited until the front door closed, padded carefully down the hall, and used the key. Anne was collapsed on her bed, shaking, a handkerchief in one hand, tears streaming down her face.

She looked up and said, loudly, "Go away. Everything is over between us."

I sat on the floor, back to the bed, and grasped her hand over my shoulder, kissing each finger. "Now see here, that will never do. I know you feel betrayed, but it isn't as bad as you thought. Your father called last night, didn't he?"

Her voice was sharp, "How do you know that?"

"Elementary, my dear Watson. You appear at a meeting and won't meet my gaze. Never said a word to your lover about such an important event. Only conclusion is that you are there under some form of duress. I suppose he told you Britain required sacrifice from time to time?"

She batted my head. "Damn you, Adrian, it is just as you say. Tom and Sing collected me at five-thirty this morning. I swore at them all the way to the building. They just ignored me."

Her nails still had the fancy polish from our affair of the other night. I sucked on each finger in turn.

"You can't do that. I've betrayed your trust."

"What about a dress up lunch? You deserve it after all you have been through. I have a few secrets to tell you."

She rolled herself off the bed into my lap. "You terrible man. How can you let me off so easily?"

I hissed in her ear, "It's hard. I was full of evil thoughts at six thirty this morning."

"I was strung up and my ass was red?"

"Very red."

She grabbed my hand, "Come and help me wash the stink of spies off. I know a quiet place with good food."

As it turned out, we both washed the stink off. She grabbed at my cock and I said, "That is promised to the architect for this evening."

She yelped, "What? You are scheduling us?"

"She pushed me in a dark corner and said she was desperate."

Anne's lips were soft and her eyes watering. "Adrian, until a few minutes ago, I was desperate too. I thought my life had been completely ruined. All I could think was, 'You've betrayed him. How could you?' "

I clutched her naked body tightly to mine. "Dearest Anne, it will take more than spooks from MI5 to wreck our love."

I found sexy underwear for her, laughing, "Although I think we need to avoid any more mornings like this one."

She asked for a few minutes to repair her eyes and was sitting at the vanity when Helen and the boys came in. She turned and held out her arms. "Adrian has fixed me, like he always does."

They jumped and shouted and I grabbed them off so she could finish. "I promised you a game, but Mommy needs me to take her to lunch so she can feel even better. Can I have a raincheck?"

I stood them on the bed and we played high fives. "Adrian, you are good for Mommy!"

Helen yanked on my ear, "What miracle cure did you apply?"

"She got in a terrible bad place, not of her own doing, and thought the world was collapsing. I cleared off the table and said we were tight and strong."

Her tongue licked my ear, "Tight and strong. I am remembering that for the next time I am in a terrible bad place."

I whispered, "Get the backup babysitter for this evening. Clarissa has a major problem."

That got me a pull on my long hair and a wide eyed, innocent look, "Oh, a treatment is necessary?"

I nodded, "Aye, at the apartment."

Anne had tight hold of my arm, directing us to the garden restaurant attached to a museum. Her voice was soft and relaxed, "Adrian, I am reborn. This can't be happening after that awful meeting."