Fatal Attraction Ch. 04

Story Info
Love and lust struggle.
1.1k words
3.92
5.9k
00

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/23/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ana_Ready
Ana_Ready
13 Followers

This was the first time I had had a chance to look around his flat. In the past I would arrive at night and we would stumble blindly to the bedroom in the dark, me leaving to head home once the clock beat us and we had to say good night. The thought shocked me a little because it made me realise just how much of a mystery this man still was to me, yet at the same time I felt I knew every intimate detail of his life.

The apartment was spacious, much too spacious for a single person. And the feeling of emptiness was only exacerbated by the sparse scattering of expensive furniture. The house had the feel of a place not really lived in. If it was not for his jacket and some other clothes hanging on the back of a chair you could have mistaken it for one of those fancy show houses developers furnish to entice buyers to part with their cash. Only the wooden, slightly traditional kitchen had any kind of a homely feel. I guessed it was probably installed by the previous owner, and by the look of it, he didn't use it much. Its little touches of homeliness drew me to it and I sat down at the breakfast table, almost on instinct.

As I looked around at the austere surroundings my mind returned to the mystery that surrounded him. He had never fully explained what he did for a living. He had mentioned something about him "heading up" a legal office of about ten people in the city but that didn't make sense – he wasn't a lawyer and he had told me he had never gone to university. Looking at the furniture around the house whatever it was he did he was paid well for doing it!

I retrieved my phone from my handbag having retrieved it from beside the front door where I dropped it as I entered the night before. It was one of those new "smart phones". Yes, back then smart phones were "new"! I filled the kettle and put it on to boil, intending to make a cup of coffee (if I could find the ingredients in this Marie Celeste of a kitchen). I sat back down at the table, waiting for the water to boil and flicked through some web pages. Maybe it was something subconsciously pushing the idea to my fingers but soon I found myself on a site explaining Tarot. The memory of that night a few weeks ago when I drew the devil suddenly came to mind and I read a small paragraph about the card.

Some phrases almost jumped off the page, "submitting to another", "allowing yourself to be controlled" focus in on the physical and forgetting the spiritual", being taken in by appearances and "foreseeing a bleak future". Panic was rising in my chest when the sound of the kettle boiling made me jump. I switched off my phone, returned it to my bag and made myself a coffee.

I sat back down at the table and took a small sip before placing the cup down. I slowly lost myself in thought – a mix of reflections on him, the night before and the information about the card spun around my head.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder that froze me with fear then a whispered voice I knew only too well let the tension evaporate.

"I see you are finding your way around the kitchen" he said, "I like that" he added with a quiet chuckle.

I turned around to face him, suddenly very aware of the way the wetness of my hair had transferred to my nightly making it almost translucent. I knew my breasts were clearly visible and that thought, knowing his eyes were caressing me instantly hardened my nipples. I blushed, lost for words as he blatantly let his eyes wander.

How had he sneaked up on me without a sound? Why had he been so quiet? Was he hiding something or had he wanted to catch me doing something I shouldn't, searching through a drawer or something? I pushed these silly fears from the front of my mind, put there, I guess buy thoughts about that damned card – there was a much more likely and simple explanation – he hadn't wanted to wake me. That was it. I silently scolded myself for being so silly.

He took hold of the slim shoulder strap of my nightie and stroked it with his fingers, his eyes finally settling on mine. My stomach tightened, I felt the butterflies fighting to escape one again. Then he started to kiss me, teasing me. His lips danced around my mouth, kissing its corners but avoiding the rest deliberately trying to increase my longing to feel them press onto mine. I started to squirm a little as anticipation and desire grew in me, the sensations threatening to make me a little crazy.

"You are very responsive," I heard him say, my eyes closed.

The tone of it was awkward and that hard edge had returned. I looked at him with a now familiar uneasiness.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Are you so quickly overcome with your emotions when you are with other men too?" his breath suddenly heavy as if he had been running.

He ran his hand through his hair and broke our gaze, looking away to the side. The powerful emotions that were coursing through me in anticipation of his touch were suddenly redirected and I felt the tears welling in my eyes.

"Are you upset with me for being attracted to you?" I head my voice crack as I spoke.

"Why are you here? Why are you with me?" he asked, but this was not so much a question.

His voice had hardened – this was a demand.

"I am not one of your lustful frustrated intellectuals that you tell me so attract you, or a tall dark beau that women go crazy for."

I was at a complete loss at what to say, instead I pulled him to me seeking comfort, and answers, in a hug, my body trembling the fear returned. I hugged him urgently and my body started trembling. He seemed to calm down a little and said :

"You should go dry your hair before you catch a cold."

This time his words were softer too but they sounded like an excuse rather than a genuine concern. He was quickly regaining his composure, his body relaxing as he spoke:

"Go to bed and I'll bring u something nice to eat."

Was this a demand or a request? I pushed the thought from my mind.

Ana_Ready
Ana_Ready
13 Followers