Father Gregory

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Justtoold
Justtoold
290 Followers

"The way she said it made it clear I had no say in the matter, and since my cash was running low, a job of any kind was welcome. I told myself it was so I didn't have to head home just then but I was kind of intrigued with this girl. I followed them to the ranch, and as soon as I got out of my car this girl, who I had just met, wrapped her arm in mine and with a skip to her step led me to the bunk house where I would be staying. By the time I got settled in with my few things, she came back and led me to the main house for supper and introduced me to her parents."

"For me things were kind of awkward, but everyone tried to make me feel comfortable by talking about everyday things. But, I really was set back on my heels when your grand mother to be, stated. So, Hallie and I had a talk on the way home from the store. She tells me you not only are a nice guy and are going to work for us, but you are going to be her husband one day."

"Let me tell you I sure didn't know what to say to that, so I just sat there speechless with a stunned look on my face wondering what had just happened. You know your grandmother and how she liked to tease people. Her knowing your mother so well, and with her being the way she was just sat there looking at me with the biggest smile on her face you could imagine. She was obviously enjoying my discomfort."

"The rest of supper was very awkward for me and after we ate her dad led me to his office. The first thing he said was, "I hope you don't think Hallie is crazy. She knew we needed help and seeing as she thinks she is the boss around here she decided you were the guy. She is my daughter and I love her, and she knows I would do anything for her, so she hasn't given me any choice but to hire you. You might have noticed she has this forward way about her, which is her normal behaviour, but she doesn't mean any harm. You will get used to her audacity. Just be warned when she wants something there isn't much that will stop her from getting it. I don't know what she sees in in you, or why she likes you, but if Hallie says she is going to marry you all I can tell you is, expect it to happen and do not under any circumstances hurt her or I will come after you with a vengeance."

Her dad then said, "Enough on that. He then proceeded to ask me about my experiences with animals and the agriculture life style. I told him about a few things I had picked up over time and my time on my uncle's farm and what I did there. He seemed happy as he told me what I would be doing around his place."

"Let me tell you that first day with your mother, shook me up quite a bit and my emotions were all over the place. On one hand, I had to admit I was attracted to her, and on the other, I didn't know how to take her and that attitude she had. As I worked around the place over the next while I noticed she was always close to where I was and took every opportunity to talk with me. Thinking back, I'm sure she was stalking me, but I had to admit I did enjoy her company."

"Over time we did become more than just close, and I learned your mother was indeed head strong and always knew what she wanted. She expected the best from me and people she knew and had an easy-going way of getting that out of you. I've also learned over the years a person always knew just where you stood in her eyes. She is still that way..." I smiled as I looked at my wife and said, "I guess I wouldn't have her any other way."

Before the kids could say anything Father Gregory then commented, "So you met your wife to be and it sounds like there were more than a few doubts by her parents. How did her parents come around to the idea of you two becoming a couple?"

Hallie took my hand and smiled at me and told everyone, "I'm probably the best one to tell you that."

"Yes, mom and dad thought I was crazy with me saying Phil was going to be my husband, but I knew in my heart he was the one. The first time I saw him sitting at that picnic table I saw a guy that seemed to be lost in himself, but he also looked better than anyone around that area. I don't know what made me go over to him and start a conversation, but the more we talked the more I was glad I did. There was something about him that made me want to be near him and he seemed like the type of guy that would be a good catch."

"After that first day when I told mom he was going to be my husband every time I was alone with her she kept asking me why I was so sure, and all I could tell her was I could feel it in my bones and I felt a buzz whenever he was around. Plus, I had seen something in his eyes the first time I talked to him at the store and I could sense something in him in just the way he talked and looked at me."

"My mom was sceptical, which was to be expected I guess, but she soon stopped bugging me when she saw just what kind of a guy he was. That happened about four weeks after Phil arrived on the scene and it rained for three days. After the rain there wasn't much to do around the ranch until everything dried out, so I talked him into going with me and the family to the annual spring community carnival for some fun."

She looked over at Father Gregory and said, "I should explain here Father Gregory. There was a reservation five miles down the road from us and on that day a lady from the reservation was at the carnival with her four kids and she had her hands full. A baby girl who was under a year old was in her arms and was unhappy about something. The baby was setting up a major fuss and wiggling and squirming trying to get out of her mother's arms and the other three kids between two and six years old were excited about the carnival and wanted to run and play. So not only was this poor woman having trouble with her kids, but she was in over her head trying to keep the older kids near, so they didn't get into trouble."

"Mom and I were watching Phil coming back from one of the concessions when he came up behind the lady. He saw she was having difficulty and stopped behind her and started making funny faces and weird gestures at the little girl. It didn't take more than two minutes before he had the girl laughing at his antics and her brothers had stopped what they were doing and watching. The lady turned to see what was going on and they started talking. The funny part was the little girl held out her arms wanting to be held by Phil and without hesitation he took her. He soon headed back to our table carrying the girl while the mother took care of the older ones."

"For over an hour he entertained that little thing and seemed to enjoy doing so until she fell asleep in his arms. I never really noticed when it happened but he had eight other little preschoolers sitting in front of him while he held that baby and told the kids stories he was making up as he went along. All my mom could do was smile and stare at him in amazement."

"We made it home and as Phil and dad did chores, mom and I made supper and I could see mom looking over at me a lot. I knew what she was thinking so I told her, what you saw today is one of the many reasons why he is going to be my husband. I love the way he treats me, plus he has a way with people and kids that make them trust him just like that lady trusted him with her baby. I want to have four kids and I know he will be a loving wonderful father to them and be a good role model."

After that there was a pause in the conversation until Alice spoke up, "I remember every night when dad wasn't busy. After supper he always had a story for us. Thinking about it, he never read a story to us, but he always made one up as he went along, and they were never the same."

Chuck then spoke, "I remember those stories and they were a lot of fun."

Chuck then asked. "If I can change the subject a bit can I ask a question of dad. I always heard dad talking about how special it was when he got engaged to mom, but I never did hear how it happened. So, dad can you tell us what was so special about how you asked mom to marry you?"

I had to smile as I thought back in time then announced. "Well guys I can honestly say I never asked your mother to marry me."

That got some strange looks from all the kids and to head off any questions I told them, "As you guys know by growing up with your mother, she has this knack of knowing exactly how a guy feels and seems to be able to know what someone is thinking just by looking at them. She can read a person's emotions and be right ninety nine percent of the time. Well your mother and I had been together for almost two years and one day I decided that I was going to do it. I had a ring for a couple of weeks and had never got up the courage to ask her. That day I went in the house for lunch and the ring I had bought was burning a hole in my pocket. I figured after lunch I would ask her."

"Your mom was sitting across the table from me and took a long look at me and got up and came around the table and straddled my lap. She held my head in her two hands and looked me square in the eyes for at least a minute. It felt like she was looking right into my soul... Well she finally stopped doing that and to this day I remember her exact words. She told me, Phil... Just so you know... I know you love me as much as I love you and I will positively say yes... But, today is not that day... You must forgive her. I don't know who she is or what she did, but she must be forgiven. When I say that, I don't mean drive back to your home city to face her, but in your own mind you must forgive her... Just to settle your soul... When you do that I will absolutely say yes."

"Having said that your mom gave me a lingering kiss and went back to her seat. Her mother and father sat there with dumbfounded looks on their faces completely baffled by what had transpired. Her mom finally asked in a confused voice, "Hallie, what was that about? It didn't make any sense at all. What's this forgiveness stuff and who is it he has to forgive?"

Your mom answered her mother, "Phil was going to ask me to marry him... I really want that... But he hasn't forgiven his old girlfriend for what she has done to him. It will be one of those things that he will think about every now and then and anything like that will interfere in us being us, so until he clears his head about that I will wait for him."

"So, having her say that to me I forgot all about lunch and went back to my bunk to think things over. I spent a lot of time over the next week or two thinking. It took a bit, but I finally got my head straight about Jessie and her treatment of me.

I knew for certain I had forgiven her when two weeks later, I again walked into the kitchen for supper and your mom jumped up and ran around the table and straddled me again. No sooner than she had settled there than she planted a toe curling kiss on me. When she broke the kiss all I could hear was her saying yes. She must have said it five or six times and then she ordered me to hurry to the bunkhouse and get that ring, so she could wear it. So that is how we became engaged."

I paused for a bit and then told my son, "So, Chuck, in answer to your question, I never did ask her to marry me and yes I had cleared my head of Jessie and had forgiven her."

I heard a loud gasp from somewhere behind me and never paid it any attention, but a few seconds later I felt two hands on my shoulders and a woman saying, "Thanks for forgiving me. I've thought about that time in my life a lot of times and always knew I had really done a job on you. I've wondered what you thought of me after what I did, it's a relief finding you have forgiven me even if I don't deserve it. Thanks again."

I looked around and saw and older version of Jessie and didn't know what to do. I turned to Father Gregory and I could see a smile on his face. Before I could speak he spoke to me first. "Jessie finally came back to the church a couple of years ago, and we have talked a lot. One thing she constantly talks a lot about is how she regrets what she did to you and has always wondered what happened to you. She usually sits alone in that pew you were sitting in today. The same pew where the two of you used to sit all the time. When she came in the church today she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw you sitting there and went to the other side of the church to sit. I noticed during the service she never took her eyes off you. Seeing her like that I just knew I had to get the two of you to meet. So, I hope you and your family will forgive me for interrupting your time with each other with setting up this meeting this way."

Needless to say. Jessie joined us for a bit and we got caught up with happenings over the years. At the end of things, she went away happy knowing I had forgiven her, and Hallie and I went away with our family and I still knew in my heart I had the most wonderful woman by my side. As for Father Gregory, we did spend more sunday afternoons with him eating fine lunches at Lou's restaurant and as I expected, I was the one that paid for his lunchs.

Justtoold
Justtoold
290 Followers
12