All Comments on 'February Sucks - New Details'

by BillyName99

Sort by:
  • 119 Comments (Page 2)
James G 5James G 52 months ago

Realistic take on what useless pieces of shit most marriage counselors are.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x2 months ago

I'm not a full-on, nuclear BTB person, but for ME, ANY reconciliation MUST begin with a forgivable offense. While there have been some attempts to retcon Jim and Linda's relationship,in the original, they had a true loving relationship, so there was NO possible excuse for Linda's actions, ergo, her actions were inexcusable. We can debate how harsh her punishment should be, but ANY reconciliation is off the table.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

One of the best stories I've read on this site.

bobareenobobareeno2 months ago

That was pretty good, got better as he grew a pair.

16GaDouble16GaDouble2 months ago

I really liked this story, and it's believable.

Gave 'em all to ya'.

Martyr2002Martyr20022 months ago

Love it. Finally an author with a realistic take on cheating. This is how my mind works as well. It's the perfect alternative to a RAAC and more honest than a BTB.

Please keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The author displayed real understanding and the skills to explain it.

Well done.

Oldromantic2107Oldromantic2107about 2 months ago

A little too close to home. Insightful. "It's easy to betray someone you don't respect..." There it is. I'll be hoping for more more from this gifted author, even if it is a little painful--like loving and hating the same person.

mfj77mfj77about 2 months ago

Great story! Sounds like the author has lived it and still has the scars and pain. Hope the author can forgive and "forget" (the pain, not the incident).

Only thing I would have liked to see in the story would be a bit of pain for the therapist. Perhaps Jim should have reported the therapist for unethical behavior for leading Jim on for a year while Linda's diary clearly shows she had no remorse. And since the story indicated it was "therapy night", it might have been fun for Jim to stop by the therapist and let him know how much of a failure the therapist was; at least Jim could leave a bad review on Yelp!

/

Agree with others, this is one of the best or at least most realistic of the over 180 "February Sucks" sequels I've read.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married87about 2 months ago

One of the better takes on a classic! I enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I liked the afterword.

I’ve heard it before…

And it’s a bit cliche ,

But true nonetheless…

Even in cases where there isn’t cheating…

These of marriage remain true….

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

What probably sickens me the most about your take on all of it is that it is true. People do this shit all the time and never really get called out on it. The only ones who truly pay are those that get physically and/or emotionally damaged by the person they screwed over. The ones who got crippled by their loved one, the ones who now flinch anytime someone makes a quick move around them or those that count the days and years with fear until their ex gets out of jail for what they had done to you and promised to do it again. Those are the ones who learned it wasn’t worth it. They will talk to their closest friends and giggle and laugh and the loser they cheated on even when they know when he gets home, it’s beating time again. It’s sick and twisted and yet they claim in secret that they would do it again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Extremely real and extremely powerful. I hope getting this out had some benefit for you. The way I consider it, there are two catalysts, if I can use that term. Both catalysts are narcissists at best. The first, of course, is the serial predator, who delights in the destruction of relationships, due to some twisted need for power based in insecurity. The second, then is the wife who thinks she loved her spouse, but really loves herself above all.

Real love is self-sacrificing to a degree. It values the other member of the union, and the union itself, higher than it's originator. It doesn't seek to harm, and in contrast, actively plans protective and covering actions and behavior. It values others more highly than itself. The best union, the best marriage has both partners caring in this way toward one another.

I won't say I enjoyed this read, but to me, it has the strongest message and call to action of all the versions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Actually a smidge of self respect would dump her cheating ass immediatel;y.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now29 days ago

I liked this treatment of the original.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Well done. I agree with your sentiment. Similar shit happened to me and my wife & I worked it out. But it has never been the same and never as good as it could have been.

I am now in the process of learning how to forgive myself for not telling the bitch to fuck off.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

The Kit de Luca story variant forming the basis for this story, was an absolute abomination.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

The opinion of another self-righteous prick.

TheKidGoesWestTheKidGoesWest4 days ago

God damn, reading things like this reminds me just how childish I can still be. This right here is how grown men should act, but man it is hard to let go of anger. Especially the righteous kind. Incredible work, keep it up.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous