Felis Nigorakxe Ch. 03

Story Info
Becoming clearer...
2.8k words
4.48
7.1k
1

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 12/27/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi y'all!

I read your comments on making the chapters longer and updating more often!!! I didn't realise you cared so much! [tear]

But Seriously, I really don't have much time on my hands at the moment, I'm going to try to make this one longer, I promise!

Thanks for Caring!

k_k

----------------------------------------

Darley

I heard the noise of the engine first. The horrible rattle that signalled to me that the van was near. 'Oh no.' I sighed. It was the van. I barely heard the Were ask what was wrong, but his voice tickled on the edge of my hearing, even though I didn't feel compelled to answer him. Instead I just pointed at the awful vehicle and watched as he looked at it, then back at me with obvious confusion. Then he let out a low growl as something seemed to click inside of his head. I watched in alarm as he shifted into his hybrid form, ripping his police uniform to shreds. 'Fuck.' Was all I said. He now stood at 7'7", covered in patches of thick grey fur and looking REALLY scary. Well, I was scared of the van, which had now stopped halfway down the alley. 'Oh shit.' I heard him mutter.

'Got that right.' I whispered. He looked at me in a way I had never thought a man capable of. Almost like...pity? Wow. A man who can feel. Looking again at the van I shrank back almost to the wall. He looked at me again, this time with confusion. 'Can I ask why you are so afraid of that van?' He asked quietly. I whimpered and my eyes darted around me, searching for quick ways to run. I quickly rifled through my brains for ways to get from here to my Kawasaki quickly. I spotted a stack of wooden boxes piled up near a pole that jutted out horizontally from the wall I had jumped off minutes ago. Eyeing it thoughtfully, I remembered a combo of moves I had learnt years ago. They weren't exactly made for this set-up but I adjusted them in my head slightly so they would work better. I took a deep breath and whispered quietly to the Police Were (I then realised that I didn't know his name!), 'I'm going to get outta here, and they don't know you so they'll probably let you go. Just go home and forget about me. Don't follow me.' He looked round at me in alarm.

'What are you doing?!'

'Gettin' outta here! Didn't you hear me?'

'No I heard you.'

'Good, then GO!' I sprinted for the stack of boxes just as one of the van's doors opened. No-one got out. "Yet." I thought. I leaped onto the first box then cartwheeled through mid-air to the second. Vaulting, from box to box I swung both my feet up in one move and grabbed the pole, swinging round and landing on top. I looked at the Were and he was standing exactly where he was before, looking up at me in shock. I felt him poke a bit at my mind and knew he was trying to communicate, but after last time, there was no way I would let down my barriers. But I was accomplished at mind work and tapped into his brain so we could have our conversation there. I knew he was surprised at my skill but he didn't say anything. –Where are you going?- He asked me mentally.

-I don't know, probably just away.- I replied.

-Alright for me to follow you?-

-I wouldn't, but- Hey, wait! Why are you asking me? I thought that you'd have just followed me anyway.-

-I can be a gentleman sometimes...- He chuckled and I couldn't help but grin.

-Ok, then. But keep a distance... By the way, what's your name?- He chuckled again.

-My name is Caleb. And yours?-

-I give police the name Mencal, so you can call me that.-

-What's your real name?- I stiffened and his embarrassment flooded through our tentative bond. –No, wait, I... I didn't mean it like that...- I turned away and leaped onto the wall, effectively cutting off our discussion. Since that whole conversation had been mental, the whole thing took about the time it took to think something. I sought out my beast in my brain and found her curled up in the safest corner of my brain; my secrets. "I need a little help here!" I thought to her. She heard me and raised her head, sending me terrified thoughts. I knew why. What they had done to her; to us was completely awful. "And if I don't get outta here soon, it'll happen again, only probably worse this time." I thought and unintentionally, she picked it up, finally giving me a boost of energy and adrenaline that made my mind shake. Then she retreated again, waiting for her human to kick in action. And I did. I leapt from the pole to the ground and sprinted for my Kawasaki. I heard footsteps and turned to see the Were racing for his police car, but I thudded to a halt when I realised that his foot steps where heavy but quite quick, yet the footsteps I heard were light and slow, almost too deliberate. I turned my head and my racing heart stopped. It was him. Damien.

I whimpered and put on an extra burst of speed to get to my motorbike. Grabbing the handlebars, I swung myself onto the back and started the engine, whilst glancing back at Damien. He hadn't moved. I hadn't expected him to. Revving my engine, I sped down the alley closely followed by Caleb's (The Were's) police car. I wasn't focused on where I was going, just getting away from Damien and the Van. Unconsciously, I found myself heading towards my home. I knew it was a bad idea to head home with a police car in tow, but it was the safest place I knew, as no-one had ever found my house before.

*

Caleb

"I'm such a moron." I thought as I followed the green and gold motorbike weaving through traffic in front of me. "I mean, asking her real name? Why? She was bound to take that the wrong way, and she did. I know I wasn't asking for her true name, but SHE didn't!" Cursing my stupidity, I followed her bike all the way to the harbour. "Hmm, the harbour..." I thought. "Well...For the fish I suppose, Judging by her grace and speed, the claws she developed and her jumping height, I'd say she's probably a Were-Cat of some sort... I wonder which one?" While I had been musing about my level of "moronity", Mencal or whatever her name really is, had pulled up alongside a shipping rig and was rooting around for something in a coil of rope. I exited the car and made my way over to her just as she leapt up, victorious in her search. I her hand was a thin slice of flint, about half a foot long. She caught my eye and her face darkened dramatically. I rolled my eyes for comic effect and watched as she slid into a small gap between a container and a brick wall.

I tried to slip in after her but the gap was a little too small. 'Uh, hello?' She turned back to me, scowling. "Or maybe she's a banshee!" I contemplated, looking at her expression.

'What?'

'Where are you going?' She scowled again.

'Home.'

'You live in the harbour?'

'Uhh... sort of. Whatever.'

'Ok. Umm...I can't fit in that gap, so-'

'Fatty.'

'Hey, I am in peak condition thanks! Not my fault you're fuckin' anorexic!'

'Not my fault I don't get enough to eat!'

'You live- in a harbour! Eat fish!'

'First, I don't live in this harbour; second, I can't eat fish; and third, if you can't fit, go home!'

I paused, and looked at her. 'Just, go home and leave me be, ok? You have no idea what I've been through...'

I smiled sadly. 'You're right. I don't. So why don't you tell me?'

'You'd never believe me. You'd tie me up and handcuff me again.' I heard the slight tremor in her voice, and felt a wave of sympathy for the poor girl.

Then I raised my arms and pulled back my collar, letting her see the marks on my neck.

Her eyes widened.

I turned away.

'Hey!' she shouted. 'Where you goin'?' I stopped walking for a second.

'Goodbye Mencal.' I said softly. She heard me though and I could feel her eyes on me as I walked away.

*

Darley

I watched him walk away and felt a twinge of guilt for treating him that badly. As much as I disliked the guy, he was kind of an asset. And really cute, but I didn't really notice that.

Much. But anyway, that's definitely not why I yelled after him, 'Meet me outside the police station tomorrow.' I stopped for a second then added, 'Please.' He turned and smiled sadly at me, and my gut wrenched at the expression on his face. It...looked like...gratitude... or patience. My face burnt and I turned away. I started walking and yelled 'Bye!', and I could have sworn the guy picked the worst thing to say after that.

'Ok, See you at 9!'

I paused and yelled back. 'Ok. Bring dinner.'

He chuckled, and I felt a kind of stammer or flutter in my stomach. I cursed. "You don't have time for that, Darley!" I thought to my self. Then I realised he was talking. 'Sorry, what was that?'

He chuckled again. 'I said, I meant A.M. As in, the morning.'

'Aucun moyen de baise en enfer.'

'What?'

'Oh sorry, you're not French. Umm. I think that roughly translates into: "No way in Hell."

'Hah. You've got a sense of humor.'

'I'm not joking.'

'See you tomorrow, Mencal.' I sighed.

'See ya, tomorrow, at that most ungodly of hours.' And I walk away with the sound f his laugh in my ears, and a rather intense swarm of butterflies in my stomach.

You see... The only thing is... as well as the obvious things I hate: Police, Racism, and Sexism. (Men) Shit like that. But if it's one thing I hate above all others; it's mornings.

I really, really hate mornings!

*

Caleb

"Calm down, Caleb." I thought. "She'll turn up. Eventually." I looked around. She was no where in sight. I sighed. "She's probably not coming. I mean why would she?" And as soon as I thought that, the Commander, my superior officer, spoke from behind me. 'And, why, may I ask, are you out here, instead of inside doing your job?' I sighed.

'I'm sorry, sir. I'm just waiting for-' I stopped. I had turned to face my superior, only to find that it wasn't my superior. It was Mencal. 'What the...' I muttered. Mencal grinned.

'Fooled you!' She said, happily. I was still confused.

'What?'

'I got you back! You thought it was the Commander!'

'Yeah, but how?' She smiled. A secret smile, which made me both annoyed and curious. 'Ok, fine. Don't tell me.' I turned and walked away.

'Hey!' She called after me, running to catch me up. 'Where you going?'

'"I don't know, probably just away."' I quoted, still walking purposefully away from her.

'But why? I thought-'

'Thought what?' I interrupted, turning sharply to face her. She shied backwards and looked down at her feet, and I kicked myself internally. "Well done, you prick." I thought. I sighed again, 'Oh god, Mencal. I...I don't know what came over me. I blew that way out of proportion. I'm sorry.' Mencal looked up again, and I gasped. Seeing them properly for the first time in broad daylight, I was shocked by the intensity of her eyes. They were a really dark green and seemed to have little flecks of gold in. 'Wow.' I said. Mencal suddenly looked apprehensive.

'What? What is it?' She asked nervously.

'Your eyes...'

*

Darley

I could see him from where I stood. He kept looking around and I suddenly realised that he was looking for me. I jumped down from the roof of the police station and walked to him silently. Then I saw his badge. He was the Chief Superintendant. I'd been chased around, flirted with and threatened by the Chief Superintendant!

And that reminded me of all the shit he'd done that I'd conveniently – for him – forgotten. So I decided to get him back. I mimicked the voice of the Commander, his superior, and said, 'And, why, may I ask, are you out here, instead of inside doing your job?' It worked.

He sighed and turned, saying, 'I'm sorry, sir. I'm just waiting for-' He stopped as he saw me. I grinned. 'What the...' He said, bemused.

'Fooled you!' I cried, happily.

'What?' He was still confused.

'I got you back, you thought it was the Commander!'

'Yeah, But how?'

I smiled slightly. He wasn't going to get that out of me in a hurry!

Then suddenly, he was turning around, with a scowl on his gorgeous features. "Wait, what? Gorgeous features? Get a grip, Darley!" I was busy berating myself, so I nearly missed the next bit he said. 'Ok, fine. Don't tell me.'

"Huh? Don't tell him what?" 'Where you going?' I called, trying to catch him up.

He quoted something I'd said before, '"I don't know, probably just away."' Great. Now I felt like crap.

'But why? I thought-' He interrupted me before I finished.

He turned, his face as hard as his voice, when he said, 'Thought, what?'

I scrambled back a bit and looked away, because he really looked like he was about to hit me. I heard him sigh again, and I flinched slightly. But he didn't hit me. He just said, 'Oh god, Mencal. I don't know what came over me. I blew that way out of proportion. I'm sorry.' I looked up, tentatively, and he gasped. 'Wow.' He muttered.

'What?' I asked, panicking. 'What is it?'

'Your eyes...'

*

'My eyes? What about them?' I asked. It was my turn to be confused. He ran his hand through his hair, and it glinted as it caught the sun, flashing against my eyes. 'Aah!' I cried, holding my hand against them and falling to my knees.

'Are you ok?' He bent down next to me.

'Yeah, the sun caught your hair and flashed my eyes.'

'Oh. Sorry.'

'Not your fault.' He helped me up and asked to take a look at my eyes. 'Why? It was just the sun.' He looked a little bit sheepish.

'I admit, I really want to look at your eyes anyway. They seem...special.' He looked down and blushed slightly. "Blushed?! What on Earth?" I didn't know what to say.

'Ok.' He looked up, astonished.

'Really?'

'Sure.'

'Thanks. I promise I won't hurt you.' He walked right up to me, and stopped about a foot away. "I really didn't think this through!" I thought. "I forgot he would have to get this close!" My breathing quickened, and I felt the tell-tale flutter of attraction in my stomach. As he reached out his hand, I stared up into his pale eyes. His face had a mixture of emotions, but the only one I could identify made my knees go weak. Lust.

Caleb bent down to look at my eyes and I could hear his breath catch as he leant close. His pale grey eyes watched mine and just when I thought I couldn't take anymore, he took a step back and I could breath again. I blushed and looked at the ground and I could hear him trying to get his breathing back to normal. He looked up at the same time as I did and something seemed to pull me towards him, even as I tried to resist. My senses felt dampened and I couldn't hear what he was saying, even though I could see his lips move. He seemed to get frustrated when I didn't answer him, and he grabbed my arms and shook me. I cried out for him to stop. He blinked and let me go. I read the word "sorry" on his lips.

'It's ok.' I replied. He brightened and said something else. "What is stopping me from hearing him? From hearing anything?" I thought. I shook my head and pointed to my ear. He looked confused. He spoke and I clearly read the words "Can't hear?". I nodded.

Then as soon as the feeling had come, it went. I could hear again. And what I heard made me look around frantically.

'What's wrong?' Caleb asked, then cursed as he remembered I couldn't hear him.

'No, it's ok now. I can hear you.' I explained, still looking for the source of the noise.

'You can?'

'Yes.'

'What happened?'

'I don't know.'

'Well...what are you looking for?'

'I can hear the van.'