Fellowship Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

What does that mean? Was that good or bad? Before I could ask Miss Larsson or anyone else in the room what Miss Treadway meant, I was startled by an earsplitting outburst of applause followed by gushing words of welcome:

"Welcome, sister!"

"A sorrow shared is lessened! A joy shared is multiplied!"

"Cherish who you really are, my dear. To do so is a spiritual act!"

"I know that you will be a wonderful teacher! You are learning from the best!"

I've never heard the word Miss Treadway just used before, but I had a strong premonition that it meant that I've officially begun the final steps toward becoming one of them. Since I was sitting next to Miss Larsson, I leaned in to ask her what it all meant:

"What's Sappho?" I asked. I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to hear the answer to that, but I had to know.

"Sappho was a Greek poet." She said. "She lived on the island of Lesbos. Many of her poems expressed her affection and love for women...she is considered to be the first lesbian known to exist."

Suddenly I felt the color draining from my face as the reality of it all came crashing down on me. My fate is sealed. I'm one of them! I'm going to end up just like Miss Treadway and Miss Larsson. A future of being a closeted lesbian teacher was sealed the moment I walked into this room, and I knew it!

So why didn't I just get up and leave? Why didn't I save myself from committing possible social suicide right then? I guess it's because I was in love, and because graduation was coming up. Since last year when I became her student assistant, Miss Treadway has cared for me, mentored me, loved me, and protected me when I thought no one else cared. So I guess if all of that means that I'm one of them, is that such a bad thing? I know that because of her, I'm moving on to greater things. I just needed to trust her, and so I stayed.

After things calmed down, I started to become pleasantly surprised by this group. I learned that the group is into socializing and actually helping people who are less fortunate. Much of the time was spent discussing a day of service that the group had planned.

What shocked me the most was how the discussion centered on what they could do as individuals rather than Christians to help with several homeless families who had children attending Tremblay Elementary about a mile from the church. After several minutes of deliberations, the group decided that Miss Horst would get in touch with the principal at Tremblay and follow up at their next meeting. Even though I honestly hate church, I had to admit that I was impressed. They were all so genuine and accepting of me as though I've always been a part of their group! I applaud them for being so accepting and wanting to make a change because they actually care, and not because a dusty old bible or their religion is making them do it.

But the evening held much more in store for me as I soon would find out. I thought my last visit with Miss Treadway represented my spiritual awakening, but I had no idea that tonight would end up resembling a strange kind of baptism by fire! Miss Treadway stopped at this coffee shop downtown, and got us a bite to eat while I waited in her car. I was eating a sandwich and looking out the windows while Miss Treadway drove through an unfamiliar part of Thatcher Blake.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We are meeting Miss Larsson at her house to fellowship." Miss Treadway said flatly. "I think it is time for you to learn what it means to become one with our body of believers... It is necessary that we have a strong loving relationship with our sisters in Christ."

I didn't answer. It was not that I didn't want to, it was that I couldn't. I was trying to control the anxiety that was welling up inside me. Suddenly, memories of one night I spent alone with Miss Treadway came crashing through the gates of my memories. Was she planning what I think she was planning? Panic seized my body now. I broke out in an icy sweat, and I felt what was left of the sandwich Miss Treadway bought for me slip out of my hand and land on the carpeted floorboard of the car. I slumped backward against the car seat before everything went totally black.

To be continued...

12